Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“Stand Your Grund”

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#31071 Jul 20, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the "facts" you said were proved, were proved.
No one knows the facts of what happened that night, except for a bunch of eye/ear witnesses (who all gave conflicitng reports) about what happened when they heard someone yelling.
Trayvon Martin was unarmed. Trayvon Martin was doing nothing other than going home. And, hypothetically, even IF Trayvon Martin was caught red-handed in the act of breaking into someone's home/ assaulting some female/or even committing murder, George Zimmerman had no right to shoot and kill him!
It IS an undisputed FACT that George Zimmerman KNEW the self defense/SYG law. George Zimmerman knew exactly what to say, and he did.
As far as being in fear for his life based upon a completely IMPOSSIBLE scenario as to how he was able to get his gun out, his injuries (if you call them injuries), could have very well been self-inflicted. What better way to say you were being "beat up" than to hit yourself in the head with the butt of your OWN gun before cops arrived?
NO ONE, not even the defense's "star witness", John Good, could testify as to what happened between the time he heard the cries for help and the time when the fatal shot was fired, because in his OWN words, he was going to his upstairs window when he heard the shot.
Trayvon Martin was ALSO protected by the same Florida Statutes!
Trayvon Martin was talking on his cell phone when he saw George Zimmerman. Why didn't he hang up and dial 911 if George was a threat?

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31072 Jul 20, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon Martin was talking on his cell phone when he saw George Zimmerman. Why didn't he hang up and dial 911 if George was a threat?
Can't give you an answer because no one can answer what mind-set Trayvon had.

And even if someone could determine that mind-set, where is it written that anyone MUST call 911 if they are in fear?

I've been followed in my car......I take evasive measures to lead whoever is following me away from my home, which has always worked out. But if I couldn't elude my pursuer, I would take another approach.

My point is, at the time of the confrontation, Trayvon Martin had no way of knowing that the man following him had a concealed weapon and the man would shoot him dead.

George Zimmerman could have called 911, too, ya know? Why didn't he call for help on the regular 911 number? I suggest it was because, George Zimmerman had nothing to fear......especially when he was carrying a fully loaded weapon that testimony showed, he was also skilled at hitting the intended "bullseye".
spocko

Oakland, CA

#31073 Jul 20, 2013
Trayvon Martin is not a miscarriage of American justice, but American justice itself.
I don't think the import of this is being appreciated. Effectively, I can bait you into a fight and if I start losing I can legally kill you, provided I "believe" myself to be subject to "great bodily harm." It is then the state's job to prove -- beyond a reasonable doubt -- that I either did not actually fear for my life, or my fear was unreasonable. In the case of GZ, even if the state proved that he baited an encounter they still must prove that he had no reasonable justification to fear for his life. Stand your ground does not prevent violence – it encourages it!

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#31075 Jul 20, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't give you an answer because no one can answer what mind-set Trayvon had.
And even if someone could determine that mind-set, where is it written that anyone MUST call 911 if they are in fear?
I've been followed in my car......I take evasive measures to lead whoever is following me away from my home, which has always worked out. But if I couldn't elude my pursuer, I would take another approach.
My point is, at the time of the confrontation, Trayvon Martin had no way of knowing that the man following him had a concealed weapon and the man would shoot him dead.
George Zimmerman could have called 911, too, ya know? Why didn't he call for help on the regular 911 number? I suggest it was because, George Zimmerman had nothing to fear......especially when he was carrying a fully loaded weapon that testimony showed, he was also skilled at hitting the intended "bullseye".
Only clowns ask about why Trayvon or Dee Dee didn't call 911.

Black people avoid 911 as it brings police who typically arrest the black person in the crowd. Trayvon's Miami prefix would have presented a problem initially and it's doubtful that Trayvon had the slightest idea as to precisely where he was.

Dee Dee was actually in Miami and had she called 911, let's just say that it would have been a real interesting conversation.

The 911 talk is just another lame just another lame attempt at blaming the victim. This entire case has been about blaming the victim.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31076 Jul 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
Trayvon Martin is not a miscarriage of American justice, but American justice itself.
I don't think the import of this is being appreciated. Effectively, I can bait you into a fight and if I start losing I can legally kill you, provided I "believe" myself to be subject to "great bodily harm." It is then the state's job to prove -- beyond a reasonable doubt -- that I either did not actually fear for my life, or my fear was unreasonable. In the case of GZ, even if the state proved that he baited an encounter they still must prove that he had no reasonable justification to fear for his life. Stand your ground does not prevent violence – it encourages it!
Just imagine, how intelligent you might sound....if you had actually, just paid attention to the trial? Not like this...floundering around with meaningless theorys.....

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#31077 Jul 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
More than likely the police instructed him to call on the non-emergency line since it was a non-emergency. Dispatch gets upset if you call 911 for every little thing. They want to reserve those lines for real emergencies.
Now you say if you are in your car and somebody is following you, you don't want to lead them to your home. But what if you long outran your follower and knew he was well out of sight? What would stop you from going home then?
As we have repeated over and over, somebody did know what Martin's mindset was. and that was his girlfriend. She said what Martin's intent was, and the only way she could have known that if Martin told her of his intent.
George knew all about 911 and NEN dumfk, he had been calling each for years, mostly about "every little thing."

Potholes, black kids crossing two lane roads to get to a park, you name it...George called about it.
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#31080 Jul 20, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on! You know as well as everyone else what Cops do to black teens. Thats one reason why he didnt call them.

Bet you that George tried to grab him and make him stay until the cops showed up, and thats why Travon punched him in the nose. George fell backwards and caused the small little marks on his bald head .

Level 7

Location hidden

#31081 Jul 20, 2013
spocko wrote:
That it does, at least in Florida!

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm...

Reading the Statutes, it's a mish-mash of what you can do; can not do; but wait.....what you can do in spite of what you can't do!

And I agree, many people are just not getting all of the issues surrounding this case.

Level 7

Location hidden

#31082 Jul 20, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Only clowns ask about why Trayvon or Dee Dee didn't call 911.
Black people avoid 911 as it brings police who typically arrest the black person in the crowd. Trayvon's Miami prefix would have presented a problem initially and it's doubtful that Trayvon had the slightest idea as to precisely where he was.
Dee Dee was actually in Miami and had she called 911, let's just say that it would have been a real interesting conversation.
The 911 talk is just another lame just another lame attempt at blaming the victim. This entire case has been about blaming the victim.
I agree, but it doesn't hurt to give each question a serious answer, even if the question is meant as a diversion.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#31083 Jul 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load. I live in a 50-50 community of blacks and whites, and blacks call 911 all the time. I know, I have a police scanner and listen to it frequently.
At some point, you Martin people are going to have to quit thinking up excuses for this thug. We know what he did, we know the result, and we know how a jury seen it. The only reason you don't like it is because law-biding citizens now have the upper hand when it comes to deterring crime. No more waiting for police while we lay there and bleed or die. Now when it's us or them, it's them.
Trayvon was a visitor in a strange community where he knew three people tops. He certainly wouldn't know his location, and probably didn't know the phone # at the Green residence or the address, kids don't give a sht about that stuff.

George couldn't even remember where he was at.

This case wasn't about your neighborhood, stop being stupid, no one want's to hear about your pitiful life.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#31084 Jul 20, 2013
higgans wrote:
the Jury did not know TM... really? the goody-goody version or the ENTIRE, warts-and-all version... like THEY want to bring out about GZ??
The rapist blames the victim.

The pedophile apologists keep forgetting who was on trial.

Level 7

Location hidden

#31087 Jul 20, 2013
Ctz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on! You know as well as everyone else what Cops do to black teens. Thats one reason why he didnt call them.
Bet you that George tried to grab him and make him stay until the cops showed up, and thats why Travon punched him in the nose. George fell backwards and caused the small little marks on his bald head .
But you're assuming something that was never proven. There's no proof Trayvon punched him in the nose or slammed his head repeatedly on the concrete.

Now take a look at this story posted on WESH. A BLACK man was running away from SANFORD police officers and they used a taser on him to get him to stop. The taser caused the man to fall face first on the concrete, the report alleges. The man's attorney says the injuries are not what one would expect from a fall and an internal investigation is underway, even though the new Sanford Police Chief says there is nothing to indicate the man's injuries didn't occur exactly as deputies described.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/semi...

Is it just me, or does something here not pass the smell test anymore than Zimmerman's tiny nicks to his head, didn't pass the smell test about having his head bashed repeatedly onto the concrete and getting 25 blows to his head?

A double standard is alive and well to this very day in Sanford, Florida.
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#31088 Jul 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That used to be a far fetched consideration until Racial Jeantel had that interview on CNN. Now we know that Trayvon discussed his attack with her before he actually attacked.
Dont it bother you to change what she said, while knowing that most everyone in here also heard the Interview and knows better ?

Level 7

Location hidden

#31090 Jul 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
More than likely the police instructed him to call on the non-emergency line since it was a non-emergency. Dispatch gets upset if you call 911 for every little thing. They want to reserve those lines for real emergencies.
Now you say if you are in your car and somebody is following you, you don't want to lead them to your home. But what if you long outran your follower and knew he was well out of sight? What would stop you from going home then?
As we have repeated over and over, somebody did know what Martin's mindset was. and that was his girlfriend. She said what Martin's intent was, and the only way she could have known that if Martin told her of his intent.
Nothing would stop me from going home if I felt it was safe to do so. I would not assume, however, that just because I could no longer see the car, that I was safe.....I would continue driving for a period of time before I assumed anything.

No, we have no way of knowing Trayvon's mindset, other than he was aware a man was following him, much the same as I am aware of someone following me when I am driving.

So we don't know Trayvon's mindset, for sure, but it's safe to assume that Trayvon would be nervous about being followed.

Level 5

Location hidden

#31096 Jul 20, 2013
Ctz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont it bother you to change what she said,
No, xxxPinocchio lies when he blinks.

And you call him on the lie and he moves to the next lie.

And he loops them.

Such as his pedophile followed for ten seconds lie.

Level 5

Location hidden

#31097 Jul 20, 2013
Ctz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont it bother you to change what she said, while knowing that most everyone in here also heard the Interview and knows better ?
xxxPinocchio told us he only posts on weekends.

And when I caught him the next day (Monday) it was only posts after work.

And then during the day, it was on breaks.

Or on holidays...

The only time xxxPinocchio isn't posting is when he is sleeping... or serving on jury duty... which would be never.

Level 5

Location hidden

#31099 Jul 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
If Martin was not sure he lost Zimmerman, why did he stop and hide
Martin- the boy who had every right to be exactly where he was at- "lost" the pedophile when he stepped out of the line of sight.

He assumed to fat polished turd would be too lazy to get out of his truck.

Of course, you told us that this fat polished turd followed Martin no more than ten seconds.

And even the pedophile's stories refute that.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#31100 Jul 20, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
When their head is getting beat into the concrete and the next blow could render them unconscious or dead.
I know that some do not like the stand your ground law. However, why take laws away from law abiding citizens instead of the criminals? Statistics say that one in seventeen Florida residents have a conceal carry permit license, or about one million people. The number of questionable Stand Your Ground cases, compared to the number of conceal carry permit holders is very minimal. Of course the media is going to take those few and run with them right behind the race baiters that are trying to use Trayvon's death to abolish a law that most Floridians wanted and fought for.
I wonder how many criminals have conceal carry permits. I would venture to say that number is probably non-existent, or limited at best.
Most Floridians did not want or fight for this law.

It was written by the then head of the NRA and passed the Republican legislature without much fanfare and certainly with no publicity, then signed into law by a Republican governor.

Level 5

Location hidden

#31101 Jul 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
He was less than about 100 feet from the time they split up to where he attacked Zimmerman.
It took your fat polished pedophile cop wannabee three minutes to walk two blocks and find Martin who wasn't hiding.

You do remember telling us your pedophile followed Martin for no more than ten seconds, Pinocchio?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#31105 Jul 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't--especially when it proves you wrong.
Your miserable life has nothing to do with anything. You have not and cannot prove anyone wrong.

Everything mentioned has happened to you, your friends, your family, etc. You just never quit.

You are so boring it gives us a clue as to why this is all you do in your down time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,403,305
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 1 hr Just Think 1,569
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr -Prince- 19,090
Cave Exploration (Jan '14) 4 hr omegaltd 12
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr Murphey_Law 513,413
Music (Jun '10) 5 hr Notliz 1,639
News How gay rights advance democracy in the Middle ... 5 hr Marco R s Secret ... 3

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages