Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments
26,421 - 26,440 of 29,902 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 16
Ace

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Broke his nose, slammed his head and smokes pot. He got blown away.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that has nothing to do with it. Felons are frequent law breakers who never learn their lesson and thus never able to be trusted again. I should know, I rented to a few of them. Now I have a policy of not renting to convicted felons. They are nothing but a problem and an expense for me.
Profiling is when you target people that look like the other people who caused problems in the past. Why do you think we've never seen a hijacking situation out of Israel? Because at their airports, if you so much as look like an Arab, they pull you out of line, go through every single item in your luggage, search you like they know for a fact you have something.
Profiling works, political correctness doesn't.
When you get older perhaps you'll learn the definition of "profile" and learn to drop the "e" and add "ing".

"Profiling" is not a word with a distinct definition and it's been around long before "race" got added to the front of it.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

* or racial

"Racial profiling" probably sounds more intellectual than "racist", just as "sanitation worker" sounds more refined than "garbageman", even though the words mean the same.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Rambler wrote:
* or racial
"Racial profiling" probably sounds more intellectual than "racist", just as "sanitation worker" sounds more refined than "garbageman", even though the words mean the same.
Profiling is a social excuse word...it mean's...Don't watch us, just because we do sh*t.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is murder no matter what degree. The legal definitions may differ, but it's still murder.
Zimmerman was not fighting charges of profiling. He was fighting charges of murder. There is no law in our country that prohibits individuals from profiling. There are laws that pertain to licensed carry holders which Zimmerman was in the guidelines of. I'm sure that was discussed during the deliberations. s
How old are you? Honestly, you remind me of a teenager pretending to act like an adult because you can be anonymous.

The legal definitions of murder are different because the elements that must be proven within each classification are different. The sentences also vary. I'm somewhat surprised the state didn't charge GZ with 1st degree felony murder.....unarmed TM being shot during the course if a physical fistfight considering GZ had over a year of hand-to-hand combat training and substantially outweighed him.

Indeed there's no law against profiling. Many women "profile" tall, dark and and handsome men as desirable......many men "profile" blue-eyed blondes in the same manner.
waynesworld

Astley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

how many black kids have been murdered by other blacks in the last month?

like you know or care!

hypocrites.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Profiling is a social excuse word...it mean's...Don't watch us, just because we do sh*t.....
Have you never been asked to answer "profile" questions, by which general information pertaining to for example, your gender, where you live, your age category, your income category, your occupation, etc.

What do you think that is for???.......most often it's consumer PROFILING!

Racial profiling is but one very small type of profiling.

My gawd some of you posters are too dumb to deserve an opinion!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

waynesworld wrote:
how many black kids have been murdered by other blacks in the last month?
like you know or care!
hypocrites.
How many white kids were murdered by other whites, and what's that supposed to prove?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a m/f c/s liar.
Of course: we knew this already.
You "predict" things after they occur.
Or don't occur...
You told us that this pedophile followed Martin for no more than ten seconds.
Funny how little grasp you have on actual facts, Pinocchio.
You're doing a pathetic effort at a tweeny hat parade featuring Barefoot and xxxrayted.

Perhaps Silly will give you higher marks on your performance "eval" but I think it sucks.

Way too obvious, not enough emotion, comes across as flat.
GLOOMY DAYS

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Since Rambler seems to persist in presenting itself as an expert in U.S. affairs - Perhaps it should instead delve a little deeper into Racial Profiling within her own country.

Thursday, July 18, 2013
8:28 PM EDT

The persistence of racial inequality in Canada

Unfortunately, the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is still relevant for Canada

snipped...

Black males living in Toronto are three times more likely to be carded by police, no matter where they live; police stop residents more frequently in neighbourhoods that are largely populated by people of colour. Not only are racialized people considered a greater crime threat, they also face greater surveillance.

Those who think Canada is post-racial may wish to review the recently released report from the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination looking at Canada’s compliance with the international law on racial equality. The committee acknowledges a number of positive steps taken by Canada, but also expresses these concerns: growing socio-economic gaps among ethnic groups; racial profiling, particularly of African-Canadians by police; overrepresentation of aboriginal and African Canadians in the prison population, and the discrimination they face generally in the criminal justice system. The UN report highlights violence and other issues facing aboriginal women. And it warns that changes to Canada’s refugee system will discriminate against refugees from so-called “safe countries.”

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopini...
GLOOMY DAYS

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Apparently the Black Panthers also pracrise Racial Profiling EH ??

Black Panthers Offer $10,000 Bounty For George ZimmermanJuly 17, 2013 6:36pm PST

"We must say to white America,‘Your time is up.’”

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/07/21540-b...

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
It's just a fun, fun, fun game of deception to a psychopath.
Whether it's POEsy who's husband was a lawyer, INF who was a certified expert witness in court cases, Ngracie who suffers from PTSD therefore could attest to CMA's ability to invent a fantasy life, Silly's important "head of the department of boring employee's" job, it's the same old game of make-believe played over and over on the anonymous intermet.
Sorry crazygirl, I won't be able to make fun of you much tomorrow, I have a much busier schedule. You'll have to wait for Jesse Grund in some disguise to laugh at you. Actually, I AM Jesse Grund. Everyone is Jesse Grund. You and Jesse Grund are the only two people in the world. So, do you live in a rented basement room, or a group home? Most group homes in the US require that their residents comply with treatment, which you clearly do not. I'm guessing basement room. Do you get meals with your rent or do you have to heat things up on a hot plate?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Arrest the OCCUPATION
protesters.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
Black Panthers Offer $10,000 Bounty For George ZimmermanJuly 17, 2013 6:36pm PST
Ask Mr Conservative!

It's his story. LOL

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Look who’s talking: Was there a mole on the Zimmerman jury?
July 17, 2013
By Steve Schneider

http://blogs.orlandoweekly.com/index.php/2013...

Between the book deal (later rescinded) by juror B37 and Frank Taffe's "prediction" about the jury being split, 5 to 1, I have been thinking the same things as outlined in the above linked story.

Was there juror misconduct?

Something clearly was going on and it needs to be investigated.

jmo
NSBResident

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
This video is from March 2012, not July 17, 2013
People are starting to rehash old news.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

ngrace wrote:
Look who’s talking: Was there a mole on the Zimmerman jury?
July 17, 2013
By Steve Schneider
http://blogs.orlandoweekly.com/index.php/2013...
Between the book deal (later rescinded) by juror B37 and Frank Taffe's "prediction" about the jury being split, 5 to 1, I have been thinking the same things as outlined in the above linked story.
Was there juror misconduct?
Something clearly was going on and it needs to be investigated.
jmo
Oh, don't be silly.

You know as well as I do this was but a reality show.

What's to investigate? Judge Nelson's full docket of CIVIL court cases, while she was performing double duty?

It's over - you cannot get blood from a stone.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I'm old enough to be your father. Secondly, I am no less anonymous than you.
What I'm trying to pound into that thick head of yours is that Zimmerman's actions met no definition in any category of murder. It doesn't matter if he was charged first, second, third degree or even manslaughter.
I know a troll when I see one. You are the devils advocate on both sides of the issue. I am pro-Zimmerman, so your responses to me are that of pro-Martin people. When you respond to pro-Martin people, you take the side of pro-Zimmerman bloggers. The only reason you are here is for entertainment because you don't have a stance. You are nothing but a flamer.
Old enough to be my father, hah that's very funny!

IF THIS HAD BEEN A REAL CRIMINAL TRIAL, you're right, I would've been neutral.

That does not change the fact there's a very fine line between a defendant who claims self-defence and an intentional 2nd degree murder because the victim is not able to tell their side of the story.

It's interesting, much like Caylee's Law, this case is spurring controversy and possible review of the Stand Your Ground Law even though it did not directly tie into GZ's defense.
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

let's play pretend....

GZ never has to pull his piece and shoot TM... for whatever reason....

TM continues to pin and pummel GZ until dispatched SPD shows up....

1) SPD officer approaches, draws his weapon, aims at ASSAILANT on top and orders him to cease and desist....

2) TM sees SPD ofcr arriving, gets up and flees scene...

3) at some point prior to SPD ofcr arriving, GZ flips TM and straddles HIM and PINS HIS ARMS/HANDS, until ofcr arrives.

Q: under ANY of the above sceniaros, what charge(s) are filed AGAINST TM, when it is all sorted out.... given the ONLY injuries/evidence we know?

the mantra that TM was just a 'scared child' going home is BOGUS.

IF the verdict is SELF-DEFENSE, meaning GZ FEARED FOR HIS LIFE, then TM was guilty of committing ATTEMPTED MURDER, right?

what the State should do NOW to prove that the System worked and that they didnt fail, is put TM's action on Trial... AND FOLLOW THE EVIDENCE.

accept, that would only be putting salt on the famlily's wounds, wouldn't it?

at some point in time, and hopefully SOON!, some one is going to start pointing out the fact that TM WAS COMMITTING A CRIME while assaulting GZ. AND, that he had the mindset to do so.

remember, for every good point about TM that can be brought up, there are also BAD points. does the family REALLY want to do that to their son's memory?

right now, TM is the victim of a TRAGEDY.

persistence will make him a CRIMINAL.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Al Sharpton after Zimmerman verdict-

"Don't treat us like we ignunt"

Hee Hee!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min THE DEVIL 1,084,394
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 34 min Mary NY 484,425
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr Mary NY 17,572
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 45,907
Moving from Dublin to Orlando! 3 hr Dopey 2
Teen Challenge Exposed By Action 9 News (Feb '08) 7 hr phone room employee 3
What life is like for Casey Anthony 9 hr Lon Spector 65
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••