Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30942 Jul 19, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>The jury was selected from Seminole County residents not just Sanford. There are hundreds of attorneys living in Seminole County, sounds like B-37's husband was a corporate type.
B-37 is either a flake or she's very forgetful. She made plenty of mistakes during her appearance and mentioned a couple of subjects that weren't discussed in front of the jury. With 3 dogs, 12 cats, a parrot and a partridge in a pear tree, I'm going with flake.
Seriously, how do you know a person claiming to be B-37 is legitimate? Since the identities of the jurors were never released, it's not like her ID could be verified or the shadowy figure recognized. All she really accomplished was injecting more controversy into an already controversial news story that the media chose to high profile. Some of you people are so genuinely invested in this case that you must pretend to believe very questionable aspect with total blind faith..........it's quite hilarious actually.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30943 Jul 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Yeah, as this incident presents real racial dangers, partially responsible by race-baiting media......if i were a juror i would just disappear.....I think CNN, HLN and MSNBC pay them bigtime.....truth be known....
Really, what's the risk to a shadowy figure named B-37? LMAO!!!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30944 Jul 19, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume this is the same George Zimmerman who lied and said he was not familiar with the self defense and stand your ground laws.
Oh, I know it's perfectly OK when he lies, breaks laws, murders unarmed children so don't bother.
You say GZ was not familiar with self defense?

Good grief, just what do you think was the defense theory?

Self-defense AND Stand Your Ground Laws are not totally synonymous.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#30945 Jul 19, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, how do you know a person claiming to be B-37 is legitimate? Since the identities of the jurors were never released, it's not like her ID could be verified or the shadowy figure recognized. All she really accomplished was injecting more controversy into an already controversial news story that the media chose to high profile. Some of you people are so genuinely invested in this case that you must pretend to believe very questionable aspect with total blind faith..........it's quite hilarious actually.
Laughing my ass off at invested in the case. Interested yes...invested no.

I suspect B-37's name will be leaked soon enough.

Of course the royal baby might take over the cable news networks for a while.
tired of silly

Tavares, FL

#30946 Jul 19, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Laughing my ass off at invested in the case. Interested yes...invested no.
We've found something we can agree on. Rambler doesn't know the difference between interest and obsession, or entertainment and obsession. Her elevator not only doesn't go all the way to the top, it never really leaves the basement.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#30947 Jul 19, 2013
taroB wrote:
Ted Nugent
Draft dodger pill popper Nugent, yes, let's make sure we record what he has to say...

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," Nugent said to NRA supporters in April 2012. "If you can't galvanize and promote and recruit people to vote for Mitt Romney, we're done."
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30948 Jul 19, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Laughing my ass off at invested in the case. Interested yes...invested no.
Of course you're invested because YOU MUST BELIEVE! Who cares if the name of shadowy figures appearing on TV, referring to themselves as B-37, is ever "leaked"?

The royal baby? Did you place your bet? You remind me of the book 1984, where the masses of population were kept happy by living out their pitiful existences, gambling and fighting.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30949 Jul 19, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
We've found something we can agree on. Rambler doesn't know the difference between interest and obsession, or entertainment and obsession. Her elevator not only doesn't go all the way to the top, it never really leaves the basement.
But yet you cannot resist mentioning my name in almost every post you write.

Just ignore me....as head of a department with important tasks to accomplish, if you have a company psychologist perhaps you should consider seeking help to get over your obsession of me, so you can FOCUS on your job!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30950 Jul 19, 2013
"Rick Scott has awoken a sleeping giant," said Curtis Hierro, field director of Dream Defenders. "We are going to work. Dream Defenders call for people around the nation to converge on Florida's Capitol to join us as we stand our ground for Trayvon."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/19/rick...

Dream Defenders? LMAO!

This?

3net: Dream Defenders
www.3net.com/show/43/dream-defenders
Dream Defenders. Sundays at 10am E/P. Zane and Zoey are twins and rivals who serve as the last line of defense between the Real World and the nightmare ...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30952 Jul 19, 2013
OT

Photos of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev released after Rolling Stone complaints
By Matt Smith, CNN
updated 10:19 AM EDT, Fri July 19, 2013

(CNN)-- The backlash over Rolling Stone's cover photo of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev led to the release of new photos of his capture Thursday, images a police photographer said show "the real Boston bomber."

More:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/18/us/massachusett...

Interesting how the image of the bomber's face on this just in report has been age enhanced toward an even more recognizable likeness of a well-known federal politician in Canadian.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30953 Jul 19, 2013
* in CANADA.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30954 Jul 19, 2013
Anybody thinking about all the recent events involving TERRORISM, explaining it off to "self-radicalized nutcases", yet the media is mostly fixated on a trial that's already concluded about an isolated incident involving a shooting by one neighbourhood watch guy of one teenager, along with a media created sideshow by a parade of people connected to the case including one named B-37?

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30958 Jul 19, 2013
It doesn't take a stretch of the imagination to relate the White Supremist "Light against Darkness" movement to 1984 and this:

The Place Where There Is No Darkness

Throughout the novel Winston imagines meeting O’Brien in “the place where there is no darkness.” The words first come to him in a dream, and he ponders them for the rest of the novel. Eventually, Winston does meet O’Brien in the place where there is no darkness; instead of being the paradise Winston imagined, it is merely a prison cell in which the light is never turned off. The idea of “the place where there is no darkness” symbolizes Winston’s approach to the future: possibly because of his intense fatalism (he believes that he is doomed no matter what he does), he unwisely allows himself to trust O’Brien, even though inwardly he senses that O’Brien might be a Party operative.
http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/1984/themes.htm...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30963 Jul 19, 2013
Doublethink

The idea of “doublethink” emerges as an important consequence of the Party’s massive campaign of large-scale psychological manipulation. Simply put, doublethink is the ability to hold two contradictory ideas in one’s mind at the same time. As the Party’s mind-control techniques break down an individual’s capacity for independent thought, it becomes possible for that individual to believe anything that the Party tells them, even while possessing information that runs counter to what they are being told.
http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/1984/themes.htm...

During the televised George Zimmerman trial anyone even semi-computer literate had the opportunity to view Judge Debra Steinberg Nelson's online docket, revealing a vast array of scheduled CIVIL court proceedings having absolutely no bearing to her presiding over George Zimmerman's televised criminal trial.

18th Judicial Circuit Court
http://www.flcourts18.org/page.php...

But if the media is covering the televised trial, we MUST BELIEVE it is so, and totally ignore a published court docket which clashes with reality!

Yet you are the same people who screech at the government intruding on your rights to privacy in the pursuit of protecting the country against TERRORISM, because you say that is proof it is moving toward a communist, totalitarian state........but yet you're too stupid to recognize a reality show when that proof is there, and instead you dive into it like starving little rats! LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30970 Jul 19, 2013
This ought to be good......wait and watch for the Stand Your Ground gun-lobbyists and victim's rights groups join forces in rage over the injustice shown towards this Police Sgt.

Mass. State Police Sgt. Sean Murphy Relieved of Duty
The status of his duty will be reviewed next week.

By John Wolfson | Boston Daily | July 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Massachusetts State Police Sgt. Sean Murphy has been relieved of duty, just a few hours after the 25-year veteran of the Massachusetts State Police gave Boston magazine hundreds of photographs that he took from behind the scenes of the manhunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. Though he’s been relieved of duty, Murphy has not been fired. The status of his duty is to be reviewed next week.

Two lieutenants in an unmarked cruiser and a sergeant in a marked cruiser arrived at Murphy’s home about 7:40 tonight and, during about 20 minutes at his home, took the following: his gun, badge, ammunition, handcuffs, baton, bulletproof vest, cameras, police ID, license to fire arms, pepper spray, cellphone and computer. Murphy was also ordered not to speak to the press or discuss the capture of Tsarnaev with anyone else.

Murphy turned over the images to us because he was upset with the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, which he feels glamorizes Tsarnaev. He wanted people to see what he feels is more accurate portrait of a terrorist.

“As a professional law-enforcement officer of 25 years, I believe that the image that was portrayed by Rolling Stone magazine was an insult to any person who has every worn a uniform of any color or any police organization or military branch, and the family members who have ever lost a loved one serving in the line of duty,” he said.“The truth is that glamorizing the face of terror is not just insulting to the family members of those killed in the line of duty, it also could be an incentive to those who may be unstable to do something to get their face on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

“I hope that the people who see these images will know that this was real. It was as real as it gets. This may have played out as a television show, but this was not a television show. Officer Dick Donohue almost gave his life. Officer Sean Collier did give his life. These were real people, with real lives, with real families. And to have this cover dropped into Boston was hurtful to their memories and their families. I know from first-hand conversations that this Rolling Stone cover has kept many of them up—again. It’s irritated the wounds that will never heal—again. There is nothing glamorous in bringing more pain to a grieving family.”

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30974 Jul 19, 2013
Is this Police Sgt Sean Murphy?

http://bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/m...

It's hard to tell, but possibly racial discrimination was the motivator behind the vicious decision that striped Sgt Murphy of the ordinary rights of any good citizen.

Has a change.org petition been established to speak out against this atrocity, the grave injustice shown toward this heroic man?

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30976 Jul 19, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good points and questions.
Wish some of the racist haters on here had the ability to be as analytical as you are. But, alas they ignore everything that doesn't lead to the conclusion they like. In fact, they make it up when they "think" it's necessary to further their hate agenda.
Some people just want to get to the truth, while others seem to have other agendas, so I do agree with you.

Unlike the Casey case, where the discovery docs were posted for all to read, this case left many questions unanswered that need to be addressed.

jmo

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30978 Jul 19, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox interview begins at 1:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jIbHdS5OG6AXX
And a month later
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thanks for the links. I watched them but not sure what they mean. Did Tracy Martin mean that Trayvon had been sitting on the porch earlier in the day or did he mean Trayvon went home after being followed by Zimmerman and left again?

Or was this just a grieving father who was in shock and vocalizing a bunch of random/ unconnected thoughts trying to put the pieces together in his own mind?

I don't think it means much, though, or I would have expected O'Mara to bring it out during the trial to support his self defense theory that Trayvon hid in order to "attack" Zimmerman, OR, the State would have used it to support their theory that Trayvon was trying to lead his attacker away from knowing where he lived.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30979 Jul 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people just want to get to the truth, while others seem to have other agendas, so I do agree with you.
Unlike the Casey case, where the discovery docs were posted for all to read, this case left many questions unanswered that need to be addressed.
jmo
"This case left many unsanswered questions that need to be addressed".....

Yes, listen to the comments of your President and ask yourself what is causing racism to exist in the USA?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30980 Jul 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the links. I watched them but not sure what they mean. Did Tracy Martin mean that Trayvon had been sitting on the porch earlier in the day or did he mean Trayvon went home after being followed by Zimmerman and left again?
Or was this just a grieving father who was in shock and vocalizing a bunch of random/ unconnected thoughts trying to put the pieces together in his own mind?
I don't think it means much, though, or I would have expected O'Mara to bring it out during the trial to support his self defense theory that Trayvon hid in order to "attack" Zimmerman, OR, the State would have used it to support their theory that Trayvon was trying to lead his attacker away from knowing where he lived.
Is the trial over yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min russianrepukes 1,642,884
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Dudley 64,131
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Murphey_Law 514,589
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 12 hr zazz 98,588
News Casey Anthony won't have court appearance today (Sep '08) 22 hr Jason 3,348
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Mon ANGHARAD 73,867
Anyone ever eat at the Funky Monkey Mon Adrianna S 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages