Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 Full story: New York Daily News 29,876

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Full Story

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#30868 Jul 18, 2013
Rambler wrote:
I hope CNN will cancel this idiot's contract soon..... How pathetic is that, in this interview Morgan is obviously attempting to spark racism, his guest isn't taking the bait at all, Morgan is showing his frustration because his intended agenda isn't getting served and he goes on to totally ignore his guest's comments which do address his questions but refer to the bigger picture.
http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.html...
CNN Boss, Jeff Zucker, having been in control only 6 months, has taken criticism over, under playing the Egyptian coup and overplaying the pro-Trayvon, tabloid style coverage of the George Zimmerman trial....along with it's even less tasteful, HLN with Screamers like Nancy Grace and Jane Velez Mitchell....I think we can agree with that criticism, can't we???.......

Level 7

Location hidden

#30869 Jul 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of reminds you of election time, doesn't it?
And also like how this whole sideshow, started out.....

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#30870 Jul 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they found him innocent of murder.
They didn't, Pinocchio.

Of course, you keep dodging your civic responsibilities or you would know that they find defendants "not guilty".

You are a m/f c/s parasite with not service to the court or the USA.

Innocent doesn't come up and this pedophile isn't innocent.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#30871 Jul 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I predicted that there would be little if any problems in Florida because of their gun laws
You are a m/f c/s liar.

Of course: we knew this already.

You "predict" things after they occur.

Or don't occur...

You told us that this pedophile followed Martin for no more than ten seconds.

Funny how little grasp you have on actual facts, Pinocchio.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30872 Jul 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't, Pinocchio.
Of course, you keep dodging your civic responsibilities or you would know that they find defendants "not guilty".
You are a m/f c/s parasite with not service to the court or the USA.
Innocent doesn't come up and this pedophile isn't innocent.
Does that mean you will enter a guilty plea?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30873 Jul 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they found him innocent of murder.
There is no such thing as a broad "murder" charge. GZ was charged and acquited of 2nd degree murder which is motivated by ill-will, spite, hatred or evil intent because the prosecution alleged he racially profiled TM, a young black man wearing a hoodie.

The trial concluded less than a week ago and you've already forgotten the state's case!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30874 Jul 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not profiling. That's keeping the public safe. Not being allowed to have a firearm is a lifelong penalty for being a felon in this country.
It most certainly is profiling.......profiling is taking a common group of people and applying a broad assumption to each -- felons convicted of dangerous crimes cannot legally own guns because they have not been appropriately rehabilitated and therefore will not practise responsible gun ownership. To that I agree.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30875 Jul 18, 2013
* opps...sorry for the double post, blame it on Topix gremlins.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30876 Jul 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about me. It's about anybody who lives with these animals and has to survive.
Consider it God's plan for sewer rats. LOL

“Fred Scuttle 4 Prez.”

Level 2

Since: Feb 08

Miami

#30877 Jul 18, 2013
Ted Nugent suggested Zimmerman should sue Trayvon's "parents" for the responsibility of a minor. I would suggest he sues for the amount that Trayvon's "mother" got from the HOA +$1.
Ace

Aurora, CO

#30880 Jul 18, 2013
Broke his nose, slammed his head and smokes pot. He got blown away.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30881 Jul 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that has nothing to do with it. Felons are frequent law breakers who never learn their lesson and thus never able to be trusted again. I should know, I rented to a few of them. Now I have a policy of not renting to convicted felons. They are nothing but a problem and an expense for me.
Profiling is when you target people that look like the other people who caused problems in the past. Why do you think we've never seen a hijacking situation out of Israel? Because at their airports, if you so much as look like an Arab, they pull you out of line, go through every single item in your luggage, search you like they know for a fact you have something.
Profiling works, political correctness doesn't.
When you get older perhaps you'll learn the definition of "profile" and learn to drop the "e" and add "ing".

"Profiling" is not a word with a distinct definition and it's been around long before "race" got added to the front of it.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30882 Jul 18, 2013
* or racial

"Racial profiling" probably sounds more intellectual than "racist", just as "sanitation worker" sounds more refined than "garbageman", even though the words mean the same.

Level 7

Location hidden

#30883 Jul 18, 2013
Rambler wrote:
* or racial
"Racial profiling" probably sounds more intellectual than "racist", just as "sanitation worker" sounds more refined than "garbageman", even though the words mean the same.
Profiling is a social excuse word...it mean's...Don't watch us, just because we do sh*t.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30884 Jul 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is murder no matter what degree. The legal definitions may differ, but it's still murder.
Zimmerman was not fighting charges of profiling. He was fighting charges of murder. There is no law in our country that prohibits individuals from profiling. There are laws that pertain to licensed carry holders which Zimmerman was in the guidelines of. I'm sure that was discussed during the deliberations. s
How old are you? Honestly, you remind me of a teenager pretending to act like an adult because you can be anonymous.

The legal definitions of murder are different because the elements that must be proven within each classification are different. The sentences also vary. I'm somewhat surprised the state didn't charge GZ with 1st degree felony murder.....unarmed TM being shot during the course if a physical fistfight considering GZ had over a year of hand-to-hand combat training and substantially outweighed him.

Indeed there's no law against profiling. Many women "profile" tall, dark and and handsome men as desirable......many men "profile" blue-eyed blondes in the same manner.
waynesworld

Leeds, UK

#30885 Jul 18, 2013
how many black kids have been murdered by other blacks in the last month?

like you know or care!

hypocrites.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30886 Jul 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Profiling is a social excuse word...it mean's...Don't watch us, just because we do sh*t.....
Have you never been asked to answer "profile" questions, by which general information pertaining to for example, your gender, where you live, your age category, your income category, your occupation, etc.

What do you think that is for???.......most often it's consumer PROFILING!

Racial profiling is but one very small type of profiling.

My gawd some of you posters are too dumb to deserve an opinion!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30887 Jul 18, 2013
waynesworld wrote:
how many black kids have been murdered by other blacks in the last month?
like you know or care!
hypocrites.
How many white kids were murdered by other whites, and what's that supposed to prove?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30888 Jul 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a m/f c/s liar.
Of course: we knew this already.
You "predict" things after they occur.
Or don't occur...
You told us that this pedophile followed Martin for no more than ten seconds.
Funny how little grasp you have on actual facts, Pinocchio.
You're doing a pathetic effort at a tweeny hat parade featuring Barefoot and xxxrayted.

Perhaps Silly will give you higher marks on your performance "eval" but I think it sucks.

Way too obvious, not enough emotion, comes across as flat.
GLOOMY DAYS

Fullerton, CA

#30889 Jul 18, 2013
Since Rambler seems to persist in presenting itself as an expert in U.S. affairs - Perhaps it should instead delve a little deeper into Racial Profiling within her own country.

Thursday, July 18, 2013
8:28 PM EDT

The persistence of racial inequality in Canada

Unfortunately, the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is still relevant for Canada

snipped...

Black males living in Toronto are three times more likely to be carded by police, no matter where they live; police stop residents more frequently in neighbourhoods that are largely populated by people of colour. Not only are racialized people considered a greater crime threat, they also face greater surveillance.

Those who think Canada is post-racial may wish to review the recently released report from the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination looking at Canada’s compliance with the international law on racial equality. The committee acknowledges a number of positive steps taken by Canada, but also expresses these concerns: growing socio-economic gaps among ethnic groups; racial profiling, particularly of African-Canadians by police; overrepresentation of aboriginal and African Canadians in the prison population, and the discrimination they face generally in the criminal justice system. The UN report highlights violence and other issues facing aboriginal women. And it warns that changes to Canada’s refugee system will discriminate against refugees from so-called “safe countries.”

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopini...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min DBWriter 1,191,448
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 min Murphey_Law 492,098
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 45 min CJ Rocker 17,360
two words (Jul '10) 47 min CJ Rocker 27,090
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 48 min CJ Rocker 12,151
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr JessicaAtriedes 17,869
Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) 1 hr smokey 220
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Maggie McGee 71,232
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance