Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30002 Jul 13, 2013
What's next: Zimmerman a free man

Posted: Jul 13, 2013 8:13 PM MDT
By CNN Newswire - email

The acquittal of George Michael Zimmerman, 29, means he's a free man and will be able to walk out of the courthouse because he's no longer in police custody.

He will be free, if he chooses, to leave Seminole County, Florida. But one of his attorneys, Mark O'Mara, has said that Zimmerman is a marked man and lives in fear for his life.

In fact, during court proceedings, Zimmerman didn't disclose where he had been residing for more than a year, and he dared to venture outdoors only when in disguise. Zimmerman also wore body armor.

"I believe his life is at risk, and I don't say that for dramatic effect," O'Mara said before the verdict. "There are a lot of people who think George killed Trayvon Martin for racial reasons, even though nothing supports that. And if they feel that anger enough, they could react violently."

more
http://www.12newsnow.com/story/22834370/whats...

Do I detect the smell of sour grapes?
southerngirl

Louisville, KY

#30003 Jul 13, 2013
Hopefully, they'll haul blubber-butt Barney Fife to civil court.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#30004 Jul 13, 2013
Congratulations to the six brave jurors who followed the LAW instead of the LIES. May they sleep well in their own beds tonight, and may they know that they did the right thing.

Best wishes to Mr. Zimmerman and his family. Stay safe. You were attacked first by a thug, then by the media, and lastly by a corrupt "special prosecutor". May you overcome these difficulties and enjoy the rest of your life.

As for the Martin/Fulton clan, may you someday soon recognize your own culpability in the death of your son, and do a better job at parenting your remaining children.

To the citizens of Sanford, may you be safe tonight and every night, and may you find a solution to the problems that come from the ghetto in your community. If anyone uses this verdict as an excuse for violence and lawbreaking, may they suffer the full wrath of the law.

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

#30008 Jul 13, 2013
LOL if Zimmerman lives in fear, why the hell did his lawyers fight so hard and dirty to keep him a free man?
Nobody's after him..all hype.
fabman

Belleview, FL

#30009 Jul 13, 2013
ZAZZ How do you like me now!!!!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30010 Jul 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
At this point, I want to give this all female jury credit for putting their lives on the line and ignoring the threats and possible negative ramifications by doing the right thing.
It's not often we see real Americans do this you know. Most look for the easiest way out of a problem. But these women considered the fate of an innocent man above their own safety. That takes a lot of courage.
Maybe Zimmerman was right: this is all in God's plan.
Long live the legal ability for Americans to defend themselves. I wish these brave women the best in their lives and of course, their safety as well.
Good gawd, one would think you just won an award.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30011 Jul 13, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
"The people" have spoken.....Not guilty!
And when this happens again and again ......and it will.....I hope everyone remembers this day, when all a killer has to say is, "I was in fear for my life".

I have a problem with that.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30012 Jul 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
At this point, I want to give this all female jury credit for putting their lives on the line and ignoring the threats and possible negative ramifications by doing the right thing.
It's not often we see real Americans do this you know. Most look for the easiest way out of a problem. But these women considered the fate of an innocent man above their own safety. That takes a lot of courage.
Maybe Zimmerman was right: this is all in God's plan.
Long live the legal ability for Americans to defend themselves. I wish these brave women the best in their lives and of course, their safety as well.
And maybe someday those 6 women will explain to us all how Zimmerman was able to reach that gun.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30013 Jul 13, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you ignorant folks think this is ha ha ha and a game.
A young kid was killed by a creepy wannabe cop and the jury have spoken.
A sad day for all - yes, you racist folks, a sad day for white folks too.
Let this be a lesson for you racists who go around racially profiling "creepy-ass-crackers ".
We will stand our ground.
PS
Treycrap is still dead! All Good!!!
southerngirl

Louisville, KY

#30014 Jul 13, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
LOL if Zimmerman lives in fear, why the hell did his lawyers fight so hard and dirty to keep him a free man?
Next stop -- civil court.
EASY MONEY

Thailand

#30015 Jul 13, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
And when this happens again and again ......and it will.....I hope everyone remembers this day, when all a killer has to say is, "I was in fear for my life".
I have a problem with that.
Damn sure works for me though. Have you liberal racists ever thought about not putting yourself in that sort of position. Nah, not you do gooders.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30016 Jul 13, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
O'Mara better have paid appropriate taxes on the donated money........George is a free man.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30017 Jul 13, 2013
Justice was served the moment the gun went off.

Racists put the victim of a violent, vicious attack on trial for defending himself.

We will stand our ground and protect life and property against you criminal racist thiugs.

This will be the new norm.

God Bless George Zimmerman.

daw
Level 5

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#30018 Jul 13, 2013
Thank You!!! NAACP,will not stop until innocent people die.Lock N Loaded..Geraldo said OJ Simpson,case in reverse.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30019 Jul 13, 2013
southerngirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Next stop -- civil court.
I thought the HOA already paid out a million dollar settlement to Tayvon's patents.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30020 Jul 13, 2013
* parents

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#30021 Jul 13, 2013
FlowerPower_ wrote:
Florida will forever be known as the state that you can kill YOUR child or SOMEONE ELSE'S child and get away with it
Oh and lets not forget the state that doesnt know how to vote. SO proud to be a floridian right now.
I'm not proud. I'm ashamed.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#30023 Jul 13, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
And maybe someday those 6 women will explain to us all how Zimmerman was able to reach that gun.
Why ! EH! LMAO MUCHLY as I usually do at your deranged hypocritical comments.

As of yet I have NOT seen you asking the Orlando Fat Boy Smarmy Lawyer to produce the Pet Bald Mouse of Papa JO proving the Orlando Kid Killer Not Innocent EH? EH?

Lay off the bottle ng - You may be called out to talk down a
TM lover suicide victim tonight.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30025 Jul 13, 2013
FALCONER wrote:
Justice was served the moment the gun went off.
Racists put the victim of a violent, vicious attack on trial for defending himself.
We will stand our ground and protect life and property against you criminal racist thiugs.
This will be the new norm.
God Bless George Zimmerman.
By chance is this a snippet from your Manifesto?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#30026 Jul 13, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
The prosecution did an excellent job defending George.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RiccardoFire 1,548,161
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr zazz 98,419
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 7 hr zazz 25,600
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr Murphey_Law 513,190
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,845
The Inspirational Millionaire - An Orlando Risi... Thu Inspirationalmill... 1
Rising star in the Luxury - High End Market Thu Inspirationalmill... 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages