Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29880 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#29850 Jul 13, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You lying racist old hateful hag. You can't be a slut, you couldn't get a man to touch you, even your husband. If you could get laid you wouldn't be such a mean, spiteful, hateful old hag. You lying POS. YOU RACIST PIG.
You lying racist slut. You are a slut because no man will marry you (or perhaps one did a long time ago and then came to his senses,leaving you with those hoodie wearing thugpigs you call kids, huh?). I have no desire to be a slut. Only pigs like you want to be sluts. "Getting laid" is not every person's aim as it is yours, SLUT. You lying skank. YOU RACIST SKANKPIG!!!

See, I can come down to your level, but I won't be living there the way you do, skank. You belong in Sanford, SKANK.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#29851 Jul 13, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile while you concentrate on what you have on their person that can be used as a weapons, you lie there like a limp, rag doll allowing another person to viciously smash your head against cement.
Uh huh.
Of course no one would lay there like a limp doll while being beaten about the head.

But my point about the Arizona watermelon drink can not being used as an improvised weapon, goes to the fact that Trayvon wasn't the aggressor.

Level 7

Location hidden

#29852 Jul 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Would really be something if you could prove one thing you wrote here. But I guess for the Martin people, truth is irrelevant.
That's been obvious from the get-go. They still want us to believe that the dirty violent thug Trayvon "NO LIMIT N***A" Martin was a sweet li'l choir boy. If the animal hadn't been killed that night he'd be in jail by now, and that sow HoDeDe would be pregnant with yet another ghetto animal.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#29853 Jul 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>HERE IS A GOOD QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY POSTING HERE : If George had not had his handgun, would he have survived, Trayvon?.......
Possibly, but I believe he would have suffered badly.

I only say this because the police were on the way, and the neighbors that heard him yelling. It still bothers me that so many people heard him, but no one offered help, not even the men.

Level 7

Location hidden

#29854 Jul 13, 2013
FlowerPower_ wrote:
<quoted text>
no need to try and justify your hatred. If you look down on others and judge, own up to it. You know nothing about me or my stance on this case and yet you refer to me as"trash". LOL What a bitter person.
I Think trayvon was what people like you would consider a "ghetto hood rat." But I HAVE been followed by a strange man I didnt know while walking at night in my neighborhood and honestly it was a terrifying experience. I had mentally prepared myself to muster up the strength to beat this man to the ground.
Get out and get some sunlight. Your negativity shows that you are very deprived of your vitamins and nutrients
Of course I look down on the Trayvons and their "families" of unmarried animals reproducing like rabbits. Yep, Trayvon was nothing but a ghetto ape, your point? And why were you wandering around alone at night? Were you, like Trayvon, casing houses to burglarize? Or just "walking the streets"??? And if you'd been close enough to the place you were staying to run and get there, would you have hidden, then jumped the person "following you"??? Are you as stupid as the ghetto ape was? Get out and get a life. Your stupidity shows that you are very deprived of your brain cells and the ability to think coherently. Only the stupid and the evil support a filthy thug like Trayvon Martin and his filthy sperm donor and incubator.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29855 Jul 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I see that all your posts include your real name and address. Right.
Only a complete moron would give out any personal information about themselves on the internet.
Her post went right over your head didn't it. Ha ha.

Are you really dumb enough to think she was saying you should post your info on line? Talk about bat shit crazy, it seems you are.

Level 2

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#29856 Jul 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Still find it beyond belief, that so many people, automatically side with an aggressive, black teen....kicked outta school and pissed, he had to leave all his thug friends and live with his dad.......againest a concerned resident, who freely volunteers to protect his friends and community.......Like it's Bizzaro World......Our Government and Media have done too good a job of Social Engineering.....
Ive had several media outlets on just incase the jury comes back in. They are talking to people, of course, about how they feel about the trial and it amazes me that so many have formed opinions but are misquoting the facts. There was a man on one program that still believes GZ should have followed the ORDERS of the 911 operator and stayed in his truck. Too stupid to understand that he was never ordered and it was not a 911 call.

However, it is also refreshing to see so many news commentators admit that the trial changed their minds from guilty to innocent now that they know the facts.

Level 2

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#29857 Jul 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Still find it beyond belief, that so many people, automatically side with an aggressive, black teen....kicked outta school and pissed, he had to leave all his thug friends and live with his dad.......againest a concerned resident, who freely volunteers to protect his friends and community.......Like it's Bizzaro World......Our Government and Media have done too good a job of Social Engineering.....
Not surprising at all when you consider who is siding with the Trayvon camp.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29858 Jul 13, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that those texts, the photos from his phone, his FB and twitter pages, and his school records.......ALL of that should have been entered into evidence. It showed his proclivity to violence, his thug mentality, and it answered the question that I would be asking myself as a juror right now, which is "Why would Trayvon Martin react so violently to simply being observed and followed for a short distance, especially when he was so close to his sperm donor's shackup slut's apartment"??? It is entirely possible that due to the absence of the information that shows what a thug Trayvon Martin was, the jury may wrongly assume that Mr. Zimmerman instigated the physical altercation, thinking that he must have done SOMETHING to make ThugTray react so violently. If they knew about the history of being found with stolen goods and burglary tools, his loitering at night looking into houses would make a lot more sense. If they knew about his drug use, his over-reaction would make a lot more sense. I can only hope that this jury is capable of making their decision based only on REAL EVIDENCE, not made-up stories from the prosecution.
Proving that in addition to your other inadequacies, you know nothing about the laws of our land.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29859 Jul 13, 2013
Rambler wrote:
If you find George Zimmerman guilty of Murder in the Second Degree, you must choose one of the following:
<snip>
__________We find that George Zimmerman discharged a firearm, without causing death or great bodily harm to another during the commission of the offense.
__________We find that George Zimmerman did not actually possess or discharge a firearm during the commission of the offense.
http://www.clickorlando.com/blob/view/-/20956...
Interesting how in this case Second Degree murder could be accomplished using a firearm, without causing death. In fact, it's not known for sure if he even had a gun.
You must have skipped your meds again.

Of course he had a gun. He says he shot Trayvon with his gun.

The only question is, what it murder, manslaughter or self defense. Keep up skippy.
Oasis

Fayetteville, NC

#29860 Jul 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

If Zimmerman didn't have his gun and the cops pulled up to find Zimmerman being beaten by Martin, they would have arrested Martin and charged him with felonious assault or even attempted murder depending on how bad Zimmerman was when they go there.
In other words, Martin was in the commission of a crime when Zimmerman shot him.
Um-m-m. That's essentially what I said. Then an investigation would have taken place and TM's version of events would have been available. The NEN call would have been just as indicative of GZ's frustration with crime in general and this person in particular. I think GZ would have lost in that scenario as well.
Same, same except no dead TM.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
But let's use a different scenario: The cops pull up to see Zimmerman standing there about 75 feet from Martin. The cops ask Zimmerman what he was doing? Zimmerman says "I followed this guy so you could get a hold of him when you got here." Zimmerman wouldn't have gone to jail for following Martin. Zimmerman was breaking no laws.
True. If TM would have hung around, he had no obligation to follow creepy guy's orders. Cops get hold of TM for what? Really, GZ would have had yet another Chicken Little scenario under his belt.
Another complaint to the HOA. More egg on his face.

Level 2

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#29861 Jul 13, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is not why so many Floridians are armed.
But it IS why so many Floridians are NOT armed, because intelligent Floridians don't put themselves into dangerous situations.
Most intelligent Floridians don't live in dangerous areas, either. Especially if they are renters, as was GZ.
Trayvon Martin DID have a weapon, and it wasn't the sidewalk.....it was that can of Arizona watermelon drink that could have been used to bash the head of GZ. It wasn't used.
Basic self-defense 101 teaches women/men to defend themselves with what they have on their person that can be used as a weapon. This alleged "street thug" would have known this, and would have used it, had he not been ambushed by a "gun toting thug", who shared your same mind-set.
Would love to be in the room when you tell victims of rape, car jackings, home invasions, burglaries, robberies, and such that they were not intelligent enough to keep themselves out of these situations.

Did you see in the news the recent story about the woman that was almost a victim of a car jacking if it hadn't been for two men who had their conceal carry permits who were in the waiting room of a doctors office? Even the doctor said that he was grateful that there were two armed men in his office.

The bottom line is that law abiding citizens are tired of being the victims of crime. It doesn't matter where you live, people are victims of crime in mall parking lots, grocery store parking lots and other places that are not in their neighborhoods. You have obviously never been a victim of a violent crime or know what it is like to be attacked or come home and realize that someone has been in your home while you were not there. There are probably more "intelligent" people, as you call them" that have their conceal carry permits than you realize.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#29862 Jul 13, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are wrong. You don't have to put yourself in a dangerous situation or live in a dangerous area to become a potential victim.
My neighborhood is upscale, yet my home was broken into. After that event our neighbors formed an informal neighborhood watch and that is exactly what we do. We all work different hours, watch each others homes, and are all armed.
I suggest you get with the program, move back to upstate NY or one day you may become a victim, of your own stupidity.
Great self defense story....
Subway Shooting
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/subway.as...
Living in a rental is different than having a mortgage. If Twin Lakes had that much "crime" as they want us to believe, then my question would be, why not just move out? Why purchase a weapon and have a concealed weapons permit if you're that scared?

His story is BS and we both know it.

Oasis

Fayetteville, NC

#29863 Jul 13, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course no one would lay there like a limp doll while being beaten about the head.
How much restraint must it take to not protect yourself at all? Now that is self-control by design. To override the instincts of self preservation and safety to achieve the intended goal. GZ has the makings of a fireman!!!!

Someone should have been yelling "fire". Experts will tell you that.
I believe them now.....

Level 2

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#29864 Jul 13, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets face it, black, white, Hispanic, etc. if parents aren't doing their job parenting deaths like Trayvon will continue.
Are you familiar with Josie Ratley? Kid on kid violence. Didn't Wayne Treacy's parents notice their sons behavior was off?
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/crime-law-j...
Here is another example of a couple of "children". The 15 year old boy was apparently the ring leader. Some horrible crimes have been committed by the under 18 group, and it amazes me that people call them innocent children. No one will convince me that regardless of their parenting, they don't know right from wrong, when it comes to violent crimes. They know, they just don't care. Some even realize that because they are minors they probably won't suffer much punishment.

Level 2

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#29865 Jul 13, 2013
Link to 15 year old shooting spree leader http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/arrests-m...

Level 7

Location hidden

#29866 Jul 13, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Living in a rental is different than having a mortgage. If Twin Lakes had that much "crime" as they want us to believe, then my question would be, why not just move out? Why purchase a weapon and have a concealed weapons permit if you're that scared?
His story is BS and we both know it.
So, in your skewed, warped world, when things are wrong, you don't DO anything about it, you just run away??? You and people like you are the reason why crime rates are high. You and people like you are COWARDS. Instead of arming yourself and fighting back, you let the ghetto apes take your neighborhood, is that the way you think??? My neighborhood is very nearly crime-free, and my husband and I still feel the need to have weapons and concealed carry permits, because people like TRAYVON MARTIN can come INTO our neighborhood any time they want. Who knows, maybe one of my neighbors has a filthy animal for a kid who lives in Miami, but his incubator is sending him to his daddy in my neighborhood right now. Or maybe one of the ghetto apes from Sanford will steal a car and end up in my neighborhood looking to do a home invasion. George Zimmerman saw a problem in his neighborhood and chose to DO SOMETHING, to PARTICIPATE as a good citizen, not to run away. One more reason why he should be set free........the most important one being that the didn't commit any crimes and in fact did the world a favor by taking out the Traytrash.
Oasis

Fayetteville, NC

#29867 Jul 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. We've had robberies, attempted child abductions, and even rape in our nicest communities. It can happen anywhere.
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. That's why I'm armed when I go out.
Would you, while armed, get yourself in a position to be sucker punched in a darkened walkway by a drug addled, up to no good potential thug who had something in his hand and was reaching in his waist band?

Have you ever forgotten you have it on you? Seriously.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29868 Jul 13, 2013
Huh wrote:
Blacks are to scared to riot.
Blacks are too smart to riot. It's not called scared when people don't break the law, it's called being a good citizen and smart.

Are you dumb enough to think you can goad anyone into rioting?

Level 8

Location hidden

#29869 Jul 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I think what you should do is purchase a police scanner or at the very least, watch the show C.O.P.S. In episodes where both parties involved in violence claim they are the victims, the person with no injuries is charged and goes to jail. Why? Because the other person has the injuries and makes their story more believable.
If Zimmerman didn't have his gun and the cops pulled up to find Zimmerman being beaten by Martin, they would have arrested Martin and charged him with felonious assault or even attempted murder depending on how bad Zimmerman was when they go there.
In other words, Martin was in the commission of a crime when Zimmerman shot him.
But let's use a different scenario: The cops pull up to see Zimmerman standing there about 75 feet from Martin. The cops ask Zimmerman what he was doing? Zimmerman says "I followed this guy so you could get a hold of him when you got here." Zimmerman wouldn't have gone to jail for following Martin. Zimmerman was breaking no laws.
Lying again, it's natural to you.

Trayvon was doing nothing illegal the night he was murdered. You like to make up things as you go along. Lies that is.

After Zimmerman murdered him, Zimmerman didn't call 911.

I hope he is convicted, he is a danger to society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,263,657
Brad Neff 5 Star Landscape and Maintance LLC 16 min Randy Thompson 1
last post wins! (Jul '11) 57 min Maverick 808 5,803
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr ANGHARAD 501,500
News Neil Young pumps up the first volume of 'Archives' (Jun '09) 1 hr The Blade Runner 6
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 2 hr Bev Roxon 9,376
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr Rex Spector 18,341
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages