Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments (Page 1,285)

Showing posts 25,681 - 25,700 of29,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Basic self-defense 101 teaches women/men to defend themselves with what they have on their person that can be used as a weapon. This alleged "street thug" would have known this, and would have used it, had he not been ambushed by a "gun toting thug", who shared your same mind-set.
Meanwhile while you concentrate on what you have on their person that can be used as a weapons, you lie there like a limp, rag doll allowing another person to viciously smash your head against cement.

Uh huh.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

* YOUR person

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
They're most often known as Security Guards.
Retreat at Twin Lakes, Sanford is not only "a neighbourhood", it's a gated condo complex.
That any HOA who collects established fees from property owners that employs a management firm to oversee routine maintenance of the grounds and facilities but yet expect residents to volunteer to safeguard and protect themselves in an atmosphere of high criminal activity is a real stretch of the imagination.
For someone who uses their imagination to create complicated scenarios that cannot possibly be true on a regular basis, it seems odd that you cannot comprehend that NOT ALL GATED COMMUNITIES ARE CREATED EQUAL. Twin Lakes or whatever it's called is a LOW END community. They put up a plywood "arm" and a keypad and called a lower middle class apartment/townhome community "gated". It would be shocking if they DID have security guards, you nitwit.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Your little world's about to change......Judgement Day......
He's hoping his world will change by toting home a new TV from the looting party.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
To some, being a security guard is a job. The security guards who think they are cops... scarey.
Scarier: security guards who think they are cops who aren't even 'real' security guards, getting paid under the table, and even still getting fired.
From now on, we can call them 'zimmermans'.
You have a hate-on for Security Guards too, or just authority in general which functions for the purpose of safeguarding others?
Oasis

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The better question I posed several times is, if Zim didn't have a gun and the police found Martin on top of Zimmerman who sustained those injuries, would the police have arrested Martin, particularly when they took note that Martin didn't have a scratch on him?
They absolutely would have arrested him. Then the NEN call would have come out and the question(s) would have been the same. Except we would have had a "he says, he says" situation. All witnesses being the same, I believe GZ would have lost there, too.

But, that is just my kind-spirited opinion.
George Pudgy and Ignorant

Matthews, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

George Zimmerman is just a pudgy loser. His background and what we know about him proves this to be true. He wanted to be a hero and he screwed that up as well.

Zimmerman; hero to losers,woman beaters,nancy-boys,stalkers and armed idiots of the USA.

Zimmerman needs to spend the rest of his days in prison. The days of hiding behind his father's trousers are over.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

George Pudgy and Ignorant wrote:
George Zimmerman is just a pudgy loser.
Pudgy?

He passed pudgy a long time ago.

Now the state of Florida has to find skinny guards to go up the elevator with him as to not exceed the cable capacity.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a hate-on for Security Guards too
Do I?

**I've** been a security guard. My brother was an armored car guard for years. There are definitely a "type" of cop wannabe's who work as security guards. And among them there are the ones who are working at it, and the kind you aren't and won't ever be (thank god) who grouse about it for an eight hour shift and pick up on it the next day.
George Pudgy and Ignorant

Matthews, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

There was no scuffle as George has described.

Here's a pic of Trayvon's body at the crime scene:

http://gawker.com/this-courtesy-of-msnbc-is-t...

I see a dead kid. Shot by an adult loser. Shot by a man with a background in slapping women around. Shot by a man that has perverted predilections. Shot by a man that believed life is just a Steven Seagal movie. A kid shot by a pusillanimous, unemployed,married loser living with his parents.

There are no signs of a scuffle on his pants.

This pic is indicative of what the Zimmerman apologists would like to see through out the country. A return to Jim Crow. They want everyone within earshot of their foul mouths to believe every black teenager is a criminal. Don't take my word for it;all one has to do is peruse the posts by the Zimmerman apologists on this very forum.

George Zimmerman needs to be in prison. He is a danger to the public.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

George Pudgy and Ignorant wrote:
George Zimmerman is just a pudgy loser. His background and what we know about him proves this to be true. He wanted to be a hero and he screwed that up as well.
Zimmerman; hero to losers,woman beaters,nancy-boys,stalkers and armed idiots of the USA.
Zimmerman needs to spend the rest of his days in prison. The days of hiding behind his father's trousers are over.
Isn't just knowing, a small bit about the case, fun for ya?.....

“Stand Your Grund”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Still find it beyond belief, that so many people, automatically side with an aggressive, black teen....kicked outta school and pissed, he had to leave all his thug friends and live with his dad.......againest a concerned resident, who freely volunteers to protect his friends and community.......Like it's Bizzaro World......Our Government and Media have done too good a job of Social Engineering.....
Lets face it, black, white, Hispanic, etc. if parents aren't doing their job parenting deaths like Trayvon will continue.

Are you familiar with Josie Ratley? Kid on kid violence. Didn't Wayne Treacy's parents notice their sons behavior was off?
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/crime-law-j...

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets face it, black, white, Hispanic, etc. if parents aren't doing their job parenting deaths like Trayvon will continue.
Are you familiar with Josie Ratley? Kid on kid violence. Didn't Wayne Treacy's parents notice their sons behavior was off?
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/crime-law-j...
Wayne Treacy should have gotten at least 10-15 years for that....do you know his sentence?.....Also we had in the same neighborhood practically....3-4 kids setting another boy on fire....several Trayvon's in on that....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who uses their imagination to create complicated scenarios that cannot possibly be true on a regular basis, it seems odd that you cannot comprehend that NOT ALL GATED COMMUNITIES ARE CREATED EQUAL. Twin Lakes or whatever it's called is a LOW END community. They put up a plywood "arm" and a keypad and called a lower middle class apartment/townhome community "gated". It would be shocking if they DID have security guards, you nitwit.
Perpetrate the myth if you must.......

The locals use the community pool to wash clothes and homeless people hang out in the community clubhouse, right?

“Stand Your Grund”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is not why so many Floridians are armed.
But it IS why so many Floridians are NOT armed, because intelligent Floridians don't put themselves into dangerous situations.
Most intelligent Floridians don't live in dangerous areas, either. Especially if they are renters, as was GZ.
Trayvon Martin DID have a weapon, and it wasn't the sidewalk.....it was that can of Arizona watermelon drink that could have been used to bash the head of GZ. It wasn't used.
Basic self-defense 101 teaches women/men to defend themselves with what they have on their person that can be used as a weapon. This alleged "street thug" would have known this, and would have used it, had he not been ambushed by a "gun toting thug", who shared your same mind-set.
Once again, you are wrong. You don't have to put yourself in a dangerous situation or live in a dangerous area to become a potential victim.

My neighborhood is upscale, yet my home was broken into. After that event our neighbors formed an informal neighborhood watch and that is exactly what we do. We all work different hours, watch each others homes, and are all armed.

I suggest you get with the program, move back to upstate NY or one day you may become a victim, of your own stupidity.

Great self defense story....

Subway Shooting

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/subway.as...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

"Seller Will NOT Provide HOA-Condo Docs to Buyer"

http://www.easystreetrealty-orlando.com/sanfo...

Scam alert!

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in the least miserable or hateful. I may be called judgmental by those who have no standards of right and wrong. That's fine with me, it proves that you have no standards of right and wrong. Yes, I look negatively at people who have a pack of brats without being married and to multiple partners. Yes, I look negatively at people who let their innocent children become street thugs who attempt to kill people for looking at them. Yes, I look negatively at people who defend those people. Your opinion of me, and that of trash like Spazz and Bareback, is absolutely irrelevant to me. None of you are people whose opinion of me is of any import. You are merely trash who post on a message board, and who defend violent animals. My hope for each of you is that you run into a Trayvon some dark night and that you're NOT armed.

no need to try and justify your hatred. If you look down on others and judge, own up to it. You know nothing about me or my stance on this case and yet you refer to me as"trash". LOL What a bitter person.

I Think trayvon was what people like you would consider a "ghetto hood rat." But I HAVE been followed by a strange man I didnt know while walking at night in my neighborhood and honestly it was a terrifying experience. I had mentally prepared myself to muster up the strength to beat this man to the ground.

Get out and get some sunlight. Your negativity shows that you are very deprived of your vitamins and nutrients
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are wrong. You don't have to put yourself in a dangerous situation or live in a dangerous area to become a potential victim.
My neighborhood is upscale, yet my home was broken into. After that event our neighbors formed an informal neighborhood watch and that is exactly what we do. We all work different hours, watch each others homes, and are all armed.
I suggest you get with the program, move back to upstate NY or one day you may become a victim, of your own stupidity.
Great self defense story....
Subway Shooting
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/subway.as...
"An informal neighbourhood watch...We all work different hours, watch each others homes, and are all armed."

I'd bet you live in a group home for the schizophrenic.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/12/georg...

Did the thought occur to anyone that GZ is providing a DNA sweat swab to someone for some reason?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

On Friday, Judge Debra Nelson handed the case to the jurors around 2:30 p.m. ET, and they deliberated for three hours and 33 minutes before calling it a night.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/12/georg...

3's....good sign or bad sign?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,681 - 25,700 of29,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,078,102
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 19 min Murphey_Law 483,642
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 46 min nina roth 2,063
Has Anybody Seen Or Heard From o2bndisney ? 1 hr WAS sanka 5
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 2 hr Children should be loved 128
last post wins! (Jul '11) 2 hr tiger_-_dad 5,273
Man Accused of Molesting Women in Wave Pool 4 hr AllTrue 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search