Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29825 Jul 13, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets face it, black, white, Hispanic, etc. if parents aren't doing their job parenting deaths like Trayvon will continue.
Are you familiar with Josie Ratley? Kid on kid violence. Didn't Wayne Treacy's parents notice their sons behavior was off?
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/crime-law-j...
Wayne Treacy should have gotten at least 10-15 years for that....do you know his sentence?.....Also we had in the same neighborhood practically....3-4 kids setting another boy on fire....several Trayvon's in on that....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29826 Jul 13, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who uses their imagination to create complicated scenarios that cannot possibly be true on a regular basis, it seems odd that you cannot comprehend that NOT ALL GATED COMMUNITIES ARE CREATED EQUAL. Twin Lakes or whatever it's called is a LOW END community. They put up a plywood "arm" and a keypad and called a lower middle class apartment/townhome community "gated". It would be shocking if they DID have security guards, you nitwit.
Perpetrate the myth if you must.......

The locals use the community pool to wash clothes and homeless people hang out in the community clubhouse, right?

“Stand Your Grund”

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#29827 Jul 13, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is not why so many Floridians are armed.
But it IS why so many Floridians are NOT armed, because intelligent Floridians don't put themselves into dangerous situations.
Most intelligent Floridians don't live in dangerous areas, either. Especially if they are renters, as was GZ.
Trayvon Martin DID have a weapon, and it wasn't the sidewalk.....it was that can of Arizona watermelon drink that could have been used to bash the head of GZ. It wasn't used.
Basic self-defense 101 teaches women/men to defend themselves with what they have on their person that can be used as a weapon. This alleged "street thug" would have known this, and would have used it, had he not been ambushed by a "gun toting thug", who shared your same mind-set.
Once again, you are wrong. You don't have to put yourself in a dangerous situation or live in a dangerous area to become a potential victim.

My neighborhood is upscale, yet my home was broken into. After that event our neighbors formed an informal neighborhood watch and that is exactly what we do. We all work different hours, watch each others homes, and are all armed.

I suggest you get with the program, move back to upstate NY or one day you may become a victim, of your own stupidity.

Great self defense story....

Subway Shooting

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/subway.as...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29828 Jul 13, 2013
"Seller Will NOT Provide HOA-Condo Docs to Buyer"

http://www.easystreetrealty-orlando.com/sanfo...

Scam alert!

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#29829 Jul 13, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in the least miserable or hateful. I may be called judgmental by those who have no standards of right and wrong. That's fine with me, it proves that you have no standards of right and wrong. Yes, I look negatively at people who have a pack of brats without being married and to multiple partners. Yes, I look negatively at people who let their innocent children become street thugs who attempt to kill people for looking at them. Yes, I look negatively at people who defend those people. Your opinion of me, and that of trash like Spazz and Bareback, is absolutely irrelevant to me. None of you are people whose opinion of me is of any import. You are merely trash who post on a message board, and who defend violent animals. My hope for each of you is that you run into a Trayvon some dark night and that you're NOT armed.

no need to try and justify your hatred. If you look down on others and judge, own up to it. You know nothing about me or my stance on this case and yet you refer to me as"trash". LOL What a bitter person.

I Think trayvon was what people like you would consider a "ghetto hood rat." But I HAVE been followed by a strange man I didnt know while walking at night in my neighborhood and honestly it was a terrifying experience. I had mentally prepared myself to muster up the strength to beat this man to the ground.

Get out and get some sunlight. Your negativity shows that you are very deprived of your vitamins and nutrients
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29830 Jul 13, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are wrong. You don't have to put yourself in a dangerous situation or live in a dangerous area to become a potential victim.
My neighborhood is upscale, yet my home was broken into. After that event our neighbors formed an informal neighborhood watch and that is exactly what we do. We all work different hours, watch each others homes, and are all armed.
I suggest you get with the program, move back to upstate NY or one day you may become a victim, of your own stupidity.
Subway Shooting
"An informal neighbourhood watch...We all work different hours, watch each others homes, and are all armed."

I'd bet you live in a group home for the schizophrenic.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29831 Jul 13, 2013
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/12/georg...

Did the thought occur to anyone that GZ is providing a DNA sweat swab to someone for some reason?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29832 Jul 13, 2013
On Friday, Judge Debra Nelson handed the case to the jurors around 2:30 p.m. ET, and they deliberated for three hours and 33 minutes before calling it a night.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/12/georg...

3's....good sign or bad sign?

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#29833 Jul 13, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Subway Shooting
Sounds like you guys are informal cops lol
Huh

Princeton, WV

#29834 Jul 13, 2013
Blacks are to scared to riot.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#29835 Jul 13, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets face it, black, white, Hispanic, etc. if parents aren't doing their job parenting deaths like Trayvon will continue.
Even worse would be the parenting of those that raised a pedophile who can't keep a job or control of his temper who likes to hit women and has to take prescription drugs to fix his deviant personalty disorder.
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#29836 Jul 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman pulled Martin's shirt away from his body and then shot him which as we know, is ridiculous. But then again, I don't want to give Zazz any new ideas. LOL!
You do realize that your mind's eye created "Zimmerman pulled Martin's shirt away from his body" from its remarkable ability to form images independent of bias.

Your characterizing the image as ridiculous is you applying your biases.

You have no new ideas......

Level 5

Location hidden

#29837 Jul 13, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
My neighborhood is upscale, yet my home was broken into.
Yea, genius... why do you think a burglar would break into a room in a Motel 6?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29838 Jul 13, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
An initiation? I hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it.....yes, why would a criminal white supremist organization be any different than any other type of gang. Shooting a black kid, sure.....proves wanna-be members are only certifiable lunatics, stray and the crime gets "solved". The hand- to-hand-combat training fits in as well.
Freudian slips, that's up my alley. Truthfully, I haven't read any documents or transcripts released in ths case other than the autopsy report....but I noticed the HLN scriber of the HLN feed slipped in several.
However for the simple fact Judge Nelson is a Civil Court Judge in a Civil Courthouse presiding over a Civil Docket, this trial is but a reality show. Obvisouly it serves some purpose......frankly it's most probable a killing that was to occur didn't.
She was being transferred to the civil court. That was postponed when she was given this murder trial. Surely you know that.
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#29839 Jul 13, 2013
Huh wrote:
Blacks are to scared to riot.
This sounds like a double-dog dare.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#29840 Jul 13, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
She was being transferred to the civil court. That was postponed when she was given this murder trial. Surely you know that.
This has been explained to her dozens of times, the same as why a jury can convict someone of lesser included charges. Rambler is deliberately obtuse, so no need to try to explain something to her -- for the umpteenth time.

Level 5

Location hidden

#29841 Jul 13, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that your mind's eye created "Zimmerman pulled Martin's shirt away from his body" from its remarkable ability to form images independent of bias..
xxxPinocchio told us that the pedophile followed Martin for no more than ten seconds.

xxxHe isn't interested in facts.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29844 Jul 13, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYTHING in that post was true and you know it, PIG. Bareback's constant references to prison rapes, oral sex and pedophilia aren't sexual obsessions??? Well, maybe not to a slut like you, but to real people, yeah, he's a sick SOB. Go ahead, skank, bitch slap me. Unlike Mr. Zimmerman, I won't give some violent animal the chance to hit me more than once, and I'll empty the clip. You're a skankpig and a liar.
You lying racist old hateful hag. You can't be a slut, you couldn't get a man to touch you, even your husband. If you could get laid you wouldn't be such a mean, spiteful, hateful old hag. You lying POS. YOU RACIST PIG.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29846 Jul 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>HERE IS A GOOD QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY POSTING HERE : If George had not had his handgun, would he have survived, Trayvon?.......
Of course he would. He would have stayed in his vehicle and Trayvon would have gone about his business. The cops would have checked out Trayvon, found that he had every right to be exactly where he was and sent him on his way with apologizes.

Of course, Zimmerman would have been furious.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29847 Jul 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon's texts, which the Judge disallowed....showed that Trayvon really loved his fighting ability and had worked out a deal, with his two thug friends to buy their stolen handgun for an agreed $80.....Think those text's MIGHT HAVE BEEN RELEVANT, IN THIS TRIAL????
Perhaps, if Zimmerman had know about them.

Then of course, Zimmerman's history would have also been relevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min FYVM 1,417,238
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Enough Said 60,995
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr LizW 513,459
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 3 hr LizW 73,680
Hot girl named Sara 8 hr James 3
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 11 hr Rose_NoHo 194
two words (Jul '10) 17 hr CJ Rocker 27,860

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages