Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#29525 Jul 11, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
Did you know that most decent Black people find you offensive for a COPULE OF REASONS..
If you want to play the spelling police, you have to make sure you can post without making them yourself in the same post you complain about someone else.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29526 Jul 11, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that tries to make a joke about God is a joke unto them self.
How can anyone who believes in God support both religion and George Zimmerman's total innocence because in his own words God was responsible for leading him to kill -- unless you're a white supremacy terrorist.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#29527 Jul 11, 2013
taroB wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, because I have a job and a life so that worthless leeches like "jizz" can collect gubmint checks and post 12,000 + times.
Your other account has 13,000 posts, whats your point ?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29528 Jul 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
Vinnie Politan, former prosecutor and host of HLN’s Now in America and HLN After Dark, argues the details of that night are important, because they reveal what led to the altercation between Zimmerman and Martin. Politan says the details are what make Zimmerman’s story believable – or not. The problem in this case is that the jury may never know these details, making them irrelevant to the jury’s decision.
Politan says that since police failed to ask Zimmerman several critical questions immediately after he shot an unarmed teenager, there are too many details about that night that we will most likely never know – details Zimmerman won’t be held accountable for.
He also says Sanford police should have demanded more details from Zimmerman regarding exactly what happened that night, because unfortunately, Zimmerman is the only living person who knows the whole story. Without having one clear and fully detailed explanation from Zimmerman immediately following the incident, Zimmerman may not be held accountable for any inconsistencies or gaps in his story.
Here’s what Politan thinks police should have asked Zimmerman immediately after Martin’s death:
1. Where did you go for two minutes after hanging up with police?
2. Why did you need to get out of the car to find a street address?
3. Why did you say in court that you thought Trayvon Martin was your age, when you described him as a teenager and a "kid" in the call to police?
4. Why did you think Martin was breaking into neighbor Frank Taaffe's house when the person responsible for all of the burglaries in the community was arrested three weeks prior?
5. Which one of Martin’s hands grabbed the gun? And how could he grab it if he was straddling you? And how could his hand slide across your chest to the gun if he was straddling you?
6. How was he smashing your head into the concrete? Did he grab your hair or your ears?
7. Where are the bushes Martin jumped out of?
8. Do you always forget you are carrying your gun?
9. Why were you carrying your gun to Target? Didn’t you get it to protect yourself from the neighborhood stray dog?
10. How close to Martin were you when you were following him in your car?
All good questions, but in a reality show everything can't be so cut-and-dried or there'd be nothing for the viewers to speculate over.
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#29529 Jul 11, 2013
Come on.....didn't you all laugh at seeing GZ's walk-thru again? I certainly did. How those "detectives" kept straight faces is beyond me. The freakin' bandaid between the eyes!!! I LOL thinkin' about it now. TFF

So, hey, any ideas how the Honda key w/flashlight, that we "heard" left behind in the truck got to the "T"?
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#29530 Jul 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to play the spelling police, you have to make sure you can post without making them yourself in the same post you complain about someone else.
Big diff twixt typos and misspelled words.

Can you spell

CLICK - LOL !!

Level 3

Location hidden

#29531 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone who believes in God support both religion and George Zimmerman's total innocence because in his own words God was responsible for leading him to kill -- unless you're a white supremacy terrorist.
I repeat,Anyone that tries to make a joke about God is a joke unto them self. You really don't get it do you?
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#29532 Jul 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The state proved the pedophile provoked the confrontation.
Enough.
Does he have a pet bald mouse like Papa Jo ??
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#29533 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to misquote.
"It was God's plan..."

.....it still is....and will always be....
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#29534 Jul 11, 2013
"Why'd he tell you to shut up?"

"I don't know"

Priceless....

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#29535 Jul 11, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat,Anyone that tries to make a joke about God is a joke unto them self. You really don't get it do you?
The entire concept of an imaginary friend referred to as "god" is a joke. YOU really don't get it.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#29536 Jul 11, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>You came to this thread 10 or so days ago stating that you hadn't been following the case...suddenly you're an expert?
I am basing what I am writing on the evidence that came from the trial, which didn't take a year to suck in. Unlike some who are basing their opinions on the race baiters, and the lies that are being told by the prosecutors.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29537 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
2:27 p.m. ET: The part of the non-emergency call where Zimmerman says "these [expletive] always get away" is played. De la Rionda says it's ill will and hatred because Zimmerman was tired of the crimes and didn't want this guy to get away.
2:05 p.m. ET: De la Rionda asks why Zimmerman "exaggerated everything that happened." Zimmerman kept denying that he followed Martin, according to de la Rionda, because he knew it would show ill will.
How is a 911 call, or any call to a police department to report a suspicious individual considered "non-emergency"?
Notice how the prosecution is driving home "ill will and hatred"....the element of 2nd degree murder?
But I think the more appropriate charge and conviction is manslaughter. I'll admit it still makes no sense to me how someone can be charged by the state with 2nd degree murder and be convicted of manslaughter, the state proving it beyond a reasonable doubt and by virtue, disproving the original charge of 2nd degree murder.
Zimmerman made the decision to call the non emergency number. Perhaps because he wanted to play cops and robbers even though there was no robber.

It is common to give the jury the opportunity to convict of a lessor charge.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29538 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Most ratwingers profess to be Christian. They also promote death and are the most staunch NRA lovers.

They are often too blinded by their hatred to see the dichotomy.

Level 3

Location hidden

#29539 Jul 11, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire concept of an imaginary friend referred to as "god" is a joke. YOU really don't get it.
OK, sure, you know everything. No point in trying to have a decent conversation with you. It's your way or no way at all. I get it. Now your trashing God as well as black people. Good job.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#29540 Jul 11, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
No commentary on the snarky, adolescent bratty tone of the prosecutor's closing argument today??? I sincerely hope the jurors had as much desire to smack his face and tell him to grow up as I did. That speech sounded like bareback or spazz wrote it, full of made-up stories and nonsense. I didn't hear nearly all of it, but the parts I heard were just annoying in their childish tone and silly fairy tales. Got the feeling that he was a little peeved that his ridiculous attempt to muddy the waters with "child abuse" failed. Oh, speaking of a "child", did anyone note that in the beginning of his comments today he referred repeatedly to the dead thug as a "young man" and several times simply as a "17 year old man". Seems that deep down, even he knows that ThugTray was no "child". He did catch himself and start calling the dead thug a "child", but that bell, like soooooooooooo many during the testimony, can't be unrung.
I tried to watch it, but it disgusted me. Not only the theatrics but the pure BS that came out of his mouth. I understand that they have nothing and are trying to impress the jury with whatever they can, but it was simply nauseating to watch. I am going to try to catch snippets of it tonight, but I don't think I could endure the whole thing.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29542 Jul 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Mara will clear a quarter million dollars by the time it's over.
Is that all?

He will also become an "expert" and be paid for that.

The free advertising he has received is invaluable. How many press conferences has he had? How many talk show appearances?

He should have been gagged long ago, both he and Zimmerman's family.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29543 Jul 11, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not making a joke.

GZ stated God is responsible - it was His plan!

Was it God's plan that GZ shot Trayvon, or was it God's plan that he play the leading role in a reality show?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29545 Jul 11, 2013
Oasis wrote:
Come on.....didn't you all laugh at seeing GZ's walk-thru again? I certainly did. How those "detectives" kept straight faces is beyond me. The freakin' bandaid between the eyes!!! I LOL thinkin' about it now. TFF
So, hey, any ideas how the Honda key w/flashlight, that we "heard" left behind in the truck got to the "T"?
Racism without purpose, just results in your apparent insanity.....Your very sad, and no one should laugh.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29546 Jul 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Racism without purpose, just results in your apparent insanity.....Your very sad, and no one should laugh.....
Don't you have to wonder if GZ belonged to a white supremacist terrorist organization and that's the reason he stated that shooting to kill a black kid was God's plan?

FBI — Domestic Threat: White Supremacy Extremism

Domestic Threat
White Supremacy Extremism

05/22/12

It was a gruesome and hateful crime—three men with white supremacist tattoos punching and kicking the face and body of an African-American man at a bus stop in Houston last summer simply because of the color of his skin. All three were recently convicted of the attack, following an investigation by the FBI and its partners.

It’s not an isolated case. It seems like a throwback to a different era, but white supremacy—which sees whites as inherently superior to those of other races—still exists in America today. Having those kinds of beliefs is not against the law…as a matter of fact, it’s protected by the First Amendment. But white supremacy becomes a crime—and for the FBI, a form of what we call extremism—when it is furthered through threatened or actual use of force or violence or other illegal activity.

The Bureau has been investigating the criminal activities of white supremacy extremists like Ku Klux Klan members since as early as 1918. Today’s extremists are more challenging than ever. They’re affiliated with a variety of white supremacy groups, and they can be motivated by any number of religious or political ideologies. We’re also seeing more lone offenders and small, violent factions of larger groups at work, which makes detection of these crimes tougher.

More
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012/may/extr...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Reality Check 1,549,962
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr Murphey_Law 513,197
News Trial Begins For Ex-Army Recruiter Accused Of M... (Aug '11) 15 hr Media dont tell t... 16
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 19 hr zazz 98,423
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) Mon dontbuyGE 24
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Ms Sassy 63,859
Private Jet Charters - Private Yacht Charters -... Jun 25 Inspirationalmill... 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages