Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29440 Jul 11, 2013
1:11 p.m. ET: The judge has recessed court so that attorneys can finalize the wording in the jury instructions. She says closing arguments will now begin at 1:40 p.m. ET.

1:10 p.m. ET: Defense attorney Mark O'Mara is back in the courtroom, looking over West's shoulder as they flip through the instructions. O'Mara is giving the defense's closing argument and took the morning session to prepare.

1:09 p.m. ET: The verdict form should now have guilty of second-degree murder at the top, guilty of manslaughter after that and then not guilty as the third option. Only one lesser charge -- manslaughter -- will be going to the jury.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/11/georg...

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29441 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics are human beings.
Blacks are human beings.
Whites are human beings.
Start with THAT then work from the actual facts shown in the case.
Self defense.
Had he stayed in his vehicle nothing would have happened. A dead boy would still be alive.

Trayvon was the one who was attempting to defend himself from a stranger who followed him, stalked him, got out of his vehicle, chased him down and shot him to death.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Edgewater, FL

#29442 Jul 11, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
that SAD fact has become ever more apparent, hasn't it?
give those three their 'props'.... the two Persecutors and the Judge... they are taking a BIG one for the State.
can you imagine going to a party and some one identifies YOU as the Zimmerman State's attorney?
who is gonna tell Del... or Guy, "Boy! Great job!!"?LOL
and the Judge! allowing the State to lead and lead and LEAD, its witnessses and telling the Def NOT to! WOW!!
I did a search on Rich Mantai and I guess the child abuse doesn't surprise me. He appears to be an advocate with a child abuse league and I found a blog he was posting in until about May 2012. One poster called him the plea bargain prosecutor because 90% of his cases were plead out. This morning was a last ditch effort for a case they know they have lost.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#29443 Jul 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..Absolutely brilliant....Kudo's to O'Mara for that...Likely being taught now in law schools, across the country...lol...
Omara and Don West have been incredible. Have you noticed that when Mantai is speaking to the Judge he rarely looks at her. He looks all over the place, and what is with that shoulder twitch he has?

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#29444 Jul 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Had he stayed in his vehicle nothing would have happened. A dead boy would still be alive.
Trayvon was the one who was attempting to defend himself from a stranger who followed him, stalked him, got out of his vehicle, chased him down and shot him to death.
One of the problems today is people do not get involved. They hide, ignore, and close curtains, or stay in vehicles.

Do you recall the incident where the woman was raped in a bar and the people in the bar stood around and watched rather than getting involved and helping her. ONE person took it upon themselves to go to the bathroom and call 911. Just one, only one person was willing to get involved and help her.

GZ and the rest of the residents in Twin Lakes were tired of the burglaries, thefts, and vandalism and decided to get involved in their community. If Trayvon were heading home after his trip to 7-11 he didn't need almost an hour to get there, the store was less than a mile away. IF Trayvon were not up to something, he would not have been standing around Taffee's condo. GZ didn't tell the non-emergency number that Trayvon was walking, he told them he was just hanging around. Yes, it was suggested that GZ not follow Trayvon, but the operator also ask him what Trayvon was doing, which GZ could not tell from the car, and he could not tell them were TM was heading.

Hopefully this will be a lesson to all the thugs that decide to rob, steal, burglarize and commit crimes in neighborhoods. All of Sanford is plagued by criminals. It will never stop until the residents get involved. Turning a blind eye only makes it worse.

“What goes around, comes around”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#29445 Jul 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree to a point, Zazz. It would have been better and more prudent for GZ to stay in his vehicle. I don't know for how long he did follow him. Again, he shouldn't have.

But that fatal gunshot did not happen until GZ was put in fear for his life by being punched in the nose and then having his head based into the concrete.

What do you actually see happening to get him to that point? Who threw the first punch? Why didn't Trayvon have any fight marks on him. Was the gun already drawn? Why would he scream for 40 seconds if he already had his gun out, having planned to shoot someone? Can you give me an alternative scenario from George being attacked first? Or is it that you think he confronted Trayvon and it was ok for Trayvon to overreact in the way the facts show he did? I'm trying to picture how it was not self defense.
Moe

Willard, OH

#29446 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your reason for the emphasis on skin pigment as opposed to eye colour or hair colour, height or weight?
Frankly, I don't get it. Obviously nobody here spends any time at beaches or resorts where it is obvious how many "white" people spend many hours a day laying prone to the sun so that by the end of their vacation or summer their skin is darker than many "blacks".
In your world is suntanning evil too?
I mean really, how dumb is that - on one hand we're a society where it's desirable for "white" people to make our skin darker, if not intentional spend any time outdoors and tanning aka darker skin happens naturally....... on the other you think this world is rife with racial hatred of "whites" toward "blacks".
And I suppose you think it's only a coincidence that people from the hottest countries closest to the equator have the darkest skin? Let's conduct an experiment and put you there for a few thousand years and see how genetic mutation impacts your lily whiteness!
This bogus trail is nothing more than a shrine to the third world mentality types controlling the levers of power. A lot of people are going to rethink all that equality propaganda that has been spoon fed to them for the last 20 or thirty years.

“What goes around, comes around”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#29447 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
1:11 p.m. ET: The judge has recessed court so that attorneys can finalize the wording in the jury instructions. She says closing arguments will now begin at 1:40 p.m. ET.
1:10 p.m. ET: Defense attorney Mark O'Mara is back in the courtroom, looking over West's shoulder as they flip through the instructions. O'Mara is giving the defense's closing argument and took the morning session to prepare.
1:09 p.m. ET: The verdict form should now have guilty of second-degree murder at the top, guilty of manslaughter after that and then not guilty as the third option. Only one lesser charge -- manslaughter -- will be going to the jury.
So, Rambler, are you actually going to be able to watch closing arguments from both sides, rather than catching highlights later?

:)

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#29448 Jul 11, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
I did a search on Rich Mantai and I guess the child abuse doesn't surprise me. He appears to be an advocate with a child abuse league and I found a blog he was posting in until about May 2012. One poster called him the plea bargain prosecutor because 90% of his cases were plead out. This morning was a last ditch effort for a case they know they have lost.
It was a legitimate option as it's noted in the charging document. In Florida, adults can't harass kids...have you ever heard of Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd?

That the adult doesn't know that the kid is a kid is tough sht in this state.

Maybe our Republican legislators need to fix that.

Again...everyone is wrong but George LMAO at you!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29449 Jul 11, 2013
2:16 p.m. ET: De la Rionda tells jurors how he thinks they should reach a verdict: Rely on the witness/testimony/evidence, rely on the law the judge reads to them and “you rely on your God-given common sense.” He tells them a just verdict is a guilty verdict.

Sounds like the prosecutions closing is already winding down. Really, three hours is too much time to conclude an event that lasted mere minutes.

"Rely on your God-Given common sense"......I can see how the do-what-god-tells-you-to-do-wi thout-question camp be some upset about these State instructions. It's an anti-christ conspiracy! LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29450 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Rambler, are you actually going to be able to watch closing arguments from both sides, rather than catching highlights later?
:)
Nope, too busy to watch right now.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#29451 Jul 11, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Omara and Don West have been incredible. Have you noticed that when Mantai is speaking to the Judge he rarely looks at her. He looks all over the place, and what is with that shoulder twitch he has?
You came to this thread 10 or so days ago stating that you hadn't been following the case...suddenly you're an expert?
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#29452 Jul 11, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the problems today is people do not get involved. They hide, ignore, and close curtains, or stay in vehicles.
Do you recall the incident where the woman was raped in a bar and the people in the bar stood around and watched rather than getting involved and helping her. ONE person took it upon themselves to go to the bathroom and call 911. Just one, only one person was willing to get involved and help her.
GZ and the rest of the residents in Twin Lakes were tired of the burglaries, thefts, and vandalism and decided to get involved in their community. If Trayvon were heading home after his trip to 7-11 he didn't need almost an hour to get there, the store was less than a mile away. IF Trayvon were not up to something, he would not have been standing around Taffee's condo. GZ didn't tell the non-emergency number that Trayvon was walking, he told them he was just hanging around. Yes, it was suggested that GZ not follow Trayvon, but the operator also ask him what Trayvon was doing, which GZ could not tell from the car, and he could not tell them were TM was heading.
Hopefully this will be a lesson to all the thugs that decide to rob, steal, burglarize and commit crimes in neighborhoods. All of Sanford is plagued by criminals. It will never stop until the residents get involved. Turning a blind eye only makes it worse.
This desire to not get involved is certainly not new to society. Ever hear of Kitty Genovese and what happened to her?

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/11/nyregion/ab...

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#29453 Jul 11, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
No their not.
Yep, "their" are.

Level 5

Location hidden

#29454 Jul 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, hispanics can be of any race:
Any race can be mixed with any race.

The term "Hispanic" is a heritage marker, not a racial marker.

The pedophile Zimmerman can declare himself to be Hispanic even though his brother declares himself to be white but both are white.

There are a minority Hispanics who are black but zimmerman ain't.

Level 5

Location hidden

#29455 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree to a point, Zazz. It would have been better and more prudent for GZ to stay in his vehicle. I don't know for how long he did follow him.
Less than ten seconds.

So xxxPinocchio says.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29456 Jul 11, 2013
Wow, the prosecution is still at it?

Seems De la Rionda is shredding Zimmerman's account to pieces.

Live blog -

Level 5

Location hidden

#29457 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
But that fatal gunshot did not happen until GZ was put in fear for his life by being punched in the nose and then having his head based into the concrete.
He wasn't punched in the face and the pedophile began the assault when he decided he would play cop and detain this boy.

And after he assaulted this boy, and this boy got the better of this polished turd, the polished turd pulled out the gun and the fight was over.

And the polished turd pulled the trigger.

The circumstances caused by the pedophile- all avoidable.

Since: Jul 13

Irmo, SC

#29458 Jul 11, 2013
cracker barrell wrote:
Rioting looting and violence will be coming to a inner city near you. This dope is gonna get off and the natives are going to go wild.
Yo' piss barrel, when z piss gets convicted, don't you stupid klanjigs start rioting and looting your already section 8 trailer park ghetto.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Level 3

Location hidden

#29459 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics are human beings.
Blacks are human beings.
Whites are human beings.
Start with THAT then work from the actual facts shown in the case.
Self defense.
Very sensible post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Aquarius-WY 1,562,776
News Lightning strike destroys $3 million Merritt Is... (Aug '08) 10 hr Scary 26
Song Title Game (Apr '15) 12 hr Princess Hey 651
3 word game (Jan '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 14,280
One Word (Jul '10) 12 hr Princess Hey 2,519
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 19,626
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 12,980

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages