Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29879 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

No you are

Astoria, NY

#29400 Jul 11, 2013
ngrace wrote:
Child abuse..........3rd degree felony murder.
Mr. West is about to have a meltdown.
Sandbagged by the State.
Oh wow.
Sounds like he's going to cry...
No you are

Astoria, NY

#29401 Jul 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
The State has presented a Carnival Sideshow, instead of a proper case.....
LOL still holding out hope that the case will be tossed?

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#29402 Jul 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics are white.
you are not ,so what is your point? Most Hispanics are brown and will not pass the paper bag test as you enjoy calling it

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#29403 Jul 11, 2013
West: "Just when I thought this case couldn't get anymore bizarre. The state is seeking third-degree murder based on child abuse. Is the court going to give this any serious contention or consideration, because if so we have a lot talking to do!"

Level 7

Location hidden

#29404 Jul 11, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like he's going to cry...
Cry or blowup.

O'Mara picked the wrong day to work on his closing arguments (or TV interview) and be absent from the courtroom.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29405 Jul 11, 2013
10:14 a.m. ET: Mantei is arguing why Zimmerman should also be charged with third-degree felony murder. Mantei said the basis for the charge is that Zimmerman committed the felony of child abuse that resulted in death.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/11/georg...

So then GZ should have been charged with "child abuse".

This case is plain silly.

Level 7

Location hidden

#29406 Jul 11, 2013
"When Trayvon Martin was KNOWN TO BE RUNNING AWAY, Mr. Zimmerman was still in his car." - West
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29407 Jul 11, 2013
ngrace wrote:
West: "Just when I thought this case couldn't get anymore bizarre. The state is seeking third-degree murder based on child abuse. Is the court going to give this any serious contention or consideration, because if so we have a lot talking to do!"
Assuming GZ was charged with child abuse, in order for him to be convicted of felony murder, he'd have been engaged in an act of child abuse from which the death of TM was a result.

Perhaps The State is also intending to pursue criminal negligence charges against Trayvon's parents for allowing him on the streets, unsupervised.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29408 Jul 11, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry or blowup.
O'Mara picked the wrong day to work on his closing arguments (or TV interview) and be absent from the courtroom.
That's actually rather hilarious. The most critical element of the trial, and guess what, O'Mara isn't prepared. I thought he represented "a team"?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29409 Jul 11, 2013
* or a "legal group", what was often mentioned.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29410 Jul 11, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL still holding out hope that the case will be tossed?
No, but sure looks like Derchowitz was correct all along....at the cost of millions to this states taxpayers.....

Level 7

Location hidden

#29411 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
That's actually rather hilarious. The most critical element of the trial, and guess what, O'Mara isn't prepared. I thought he represented "a team"?
Or just plain over-confident, as he appeared to be in yesterday's post court TV interview.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29412 Jul 11, 2013
11:05 a.m. ET: Nelson is talking about how a comma needs to removed from the jury instructions, because the comma has caused cases to be reversed in the past.

I remember previous discussions on the Casey thread about commas - OCSO Child Find Network iirc. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29413 Jul 11, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Or just plain over-confident, as he appeared to be in yesterday's post court TV interview.
I thought you were a fan of O'Mara?
higgans

Marion, IN

#29414 Jul 11, 2013
the State is now arguing like every body on here: if, if, IF...

like the TM supporters here, the State has NO facts to support its IFS.

It, and they, totally ignore the KNOWN and AGREED upon FACTS just to make their IFS possible!

WOW! indeed.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#29415 Jul 11, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry or blowup.
Yes he did. West is pissing Nelson off.

Level 7

Location hidden

#29416 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were a fan of O'Mara?
Whatever gave you that idea?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29417 Jul 11, 2013
11:34 a.m. ET: Nelson said it seems the issue with third-degree felony murder is whether the facts fit into the charge. If the facts fit Zimmerman will be charged with it as a matter of law, because the court does not have discretion on this matter.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/11/georg...

I suppose this is a natural outcome of the online petition demanding that "the people" decide if GZ is guilty. Lay out the facts, and "the people" can then charge him so "the facts" fit the charge. Since this is a reality show, it makes perfect sense in a backward sort of way.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29419 Jul 11, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever gave you that idea?
Oh I don't know, I suppose because I don't recall you being overly critical of O'Mara's lack of legal experience and foresight, considering originally he stepped into the case probono and turned "justice in the courtroom" into a fundraising affair, nor do I recall you remarking on the unprofessional manner in which he's represented GZ including arranging for his appearance on Hannity. IMO he's doing a better job at representing the interest of the media than serving his client.

The thought occurs to me case might best be considered "paid programming".
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29420 Jul 11, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he did. West is pissing Nelson off.
All West is doing is buying time for O'Mara to get his closing arguments written up.....oldest trick in the book! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min Wei Yu Fat 1,232,024
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 37 min Mary NY 498,015
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr Murph 71,842
CAUTION! Before hiring lawfirm of Morgan & Morg... (Mar '10) 1 hr msb 50
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 53,453
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 3 hr Doug77 9,333
last post wins! (Jul '11) 5 hr Concerned_American 5,715
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]