Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29419 Jul 11, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever gave you that idea?
Oh I don't know, I suppose because I don't recall you being overly critical of O'Mara's lack of legal experience and foresight, considering originally he stepped into the case probono and turned "justice in the courtroom" into a fundraising affair, nor do I recall you remarking on the unprofessional manner in which he's represented GZ including arranging for his appearance on Hannity. IMO he's doing a better job at representing the interest of the media than serving his client.

The thought occurs to me case might best be considered "paid programming".
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29420 Jul 11, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he did. West is pissing Nelson off.
All West is doing is buying time for O'Mara to get his closing arguments written up.....oldest trick in the book! LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29421 Jul 11, 2013
11:54 a.m. ET: Nelson said she is going to recess for lunch, and when court resumes they will take up the issue of third-degree murder charge. The live blog will pick back up when court resumes at 1:00 p.m. ET.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/11/georg...

See? The prosecutions closing arguments were supposed to start at 1pm but they're still arguing jury instructions!

Hold the popcorn!

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#29422 Jul 11, 2013
R. Hornsby says lesser charge of child abuse should be given, based upon Supreme Court ruling and quirk in Florida's child abuse laws.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#29423 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
All West is doing is buying time for O'Mara to get his closing arguments written up.....oldest trick in the book! LOL
Maybe, but he's pissing her off in the process.

Level 7

Location hidden

#29424 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I don't know, I suppose because I don't recall you being overly critical of O'Mara's lack of legal experience and foresight, considering originally he stepped into the case probono and turned "justice in the courtroom" into a fundraising affair, nor do I recall you remarking on the unprofessional manner in which he's represented GZ including arranging for his appearance on Hannity. IMO he's doing a better job at representing the interest of the media than serving his client.
You draw conclusions based upon "lack of" criticism?

Sounds a lot like chumming to me. Sorry, not taking the bait.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29425 Jul 11, 2013
ngrace wrote:
R. Hornsby says lesser charge of child abuse should be given, based upon Supreme Court ruling and quirk in Florida's child abuse laws.
Something new in the US that State Attorney Offices absolve themselves from charging defendants with specific crimes, and instead hand over responsibility to a jury to decide what crime the prosecution proved was committed at the end of a trial? Sounds like a system right up the alley of those who support " professional jurors".

Level 7

Location hidden

#29426 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
11:54 a.m. ET: Nelson said she is going to recess for lunch, and when court resumes they will take up the issue of third-degree murder charge. The live blog will pick back up when court resumes at 1:00 p.m. ET.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/11/georg...
See? The prosecutions closing arguments were supposed to start at 1pm but they're still arguing jury instructions!
Hold the popcorn!
Hornsby tweeted last week: "What this case needs is a little Belvin Perry".

Sometimes, I have to agree with him.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#29427 Jul 11, 2013
Recently in Palm Coast Florida a cab driver shoved a teenager around for hassling him. The cabbie was arrested and will plea or go to trial. That's how Florida law reads and that's what the Sanford PD missed in the whole "to book or not to book" episode.

If George had been booked on some charge, this case would never had gone freaky deaky.

Instead George was treated as a friend of LE and SPD never made a serious attempt to ID the dead guy.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#29428 Jul 11, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who looked at the evidence knows that George Zimmerman acted in self defense when a violent punk thug attacked him for looking at him. We'll never know why Trayvon was so worried about there being someone who could identify him as the guy loitering at night and peering into houses, but he had a reason. Hope it was a good one. Whatever he was up to that night that caused him to be sooooooooooooo worried about being seen ended up causing his death. This travesty should be finished in a few days..........now we just have to hope that the ghetto apes can control themselves when they don't get their own way.
I know it, but you could tell that the State didnt like the Retired Officer stating that fact for being placed in the court records that George Zimmerman had no choice but to use deadly force.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#29429 Jul 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
The State has presented a Carnival Sideshow, instead of a proper case.....
Exactly.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29430 Jul 11, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You draw conclusions based upon "lack of" criticism?
Sounds a lot like chumming to me. Sorry, not taking the bait.
It's not bait. I simply answered your question. Your turn --- in general, do you think O'Mara is competently representing his clent, George Zimmerman?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29431 Jul 11, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly.
Hopefully these pitiful lesser charges, aren't seen as a way for the jury to justify the State's blunders in this case....

“What goes around, comes around”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#29432 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he's not as inexperienced as you think. After all, the appearance on Hannity enabled that entire scenario to be played before the jury, thereby taking any reason for George to testify himself away. That story is now carved in stone without the prosecution having the benefit of cross examining George themselves. Crazy like a fox, I'd say.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29433 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he's not as inexperienced as you think. After all, the appearance on Hannity enabled that entire scenario to be played before the jury, thereby taking any reason for George to testify himself away. That story is now carved in stone without the prosecution having the benefit of cross examining George themselves. Crazy like a fox, I'd say.
..Absolutely brilliant....Kudo's to O'Mara for that...Likely being taught now in law schools, across the country...lol...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29434 Jul 11, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
Recently in Palm Coast Florida a cab driver shoved a teenager around for hassling him. The cabbie was arrested and will plea or go to trial. That's how Florida law reads and that's what the Sanford PD missed in the whole "to book or not to book" episode.
If George had been booked on some charge, this case would never had gone freaky deaky.
Instead George was treated as a friend of LE and SPD never made a serious attempt to ID the dead guy.
In the case you refer to, I'd expect a parent or guardian be held liable for CHILD NEGLECT ......lack of proper supervision. With legal issues accountability is always placed somewhere. Blame the parents! No one under the age of 18 can be allowed anywhere without constant adult supervision.

Is that what you'd like to see?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29436 Jul 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..Absolutely brilliant....Kudo's to O'Mara for that...Likely being taught now in law schools, across the country...lol...
The "brilliant strategy" didn't work so well for Jerry Sandusky or Jodi Arias.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29437 Jul 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The final outcome here, is gonna be about true justice for someone, visciously attacked....that was forced to take a life.....By siding only based on race and ignoring the evidence and witness's, you and others have demonstrated RACIAL HATE.....
My opinion is based on facts, not Gorging Z's lies and has nothing to do with color.

Regardless of the outcome Gorging Z will never go blue, his lifelong dream. He'll always be a cop wannabe.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29438 Jul 11, 2013
Is O'Mara exempt from " The Rule on Witnesses" ......which he obviously violated by his parading of Zimmerman on TV, telling his whole story.

‘The Rule’: Exclusion and Separation of Witnesses for Dummies
Michael H. Graham
University of Miami - School of Law

August 2, 2010

Criminal Law Bulletin, Vol. 46, No. 25, p. 1357, 2010
University of Miami Legal Studies Research Paper No. 2012-10

Abstract:
If a witness hears the testimony of others before he himself takes the stand, he will find it much easier to deliberately tailor his own story to that of other witnesses. Witnesses may also be influenced subconsciously. In either event, the cross-examiner will find it more difficult to expose fabrication, collusion, inconsistencies, or inaccuracies with respect to witnesses who have heard others testify.

More
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm...

“What goes around, comes around”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#29439 Jul 11, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitch.
You don't know what you're talking about so don't reply to my posts again. Capiche?
Bite me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Yeah 1,402,996
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 6 hr Harry Paratestes 1,262
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 19,085
News How gay rights advance democracy in the Middle ... 6 hr Buford 1
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 10 hr Rose_NoHo 204
News Thousands gather for 'tea party' rally in Orlando (Apr '09) 12 hr The Donald_ 2,059
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... Fri barry 1,565

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages