Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29378 Jul 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't y'all just open a hate thread and spew hate without bothering the rest of us.
The final outcome here, is gonna be about true justice for someone, visciously attacked....that was forced to take a life.....By siding only based on race and ignoring the evidence and witness's, you and others have demonstrated RACIAL HATE.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29379 Jul 11, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
No their not.
No wonder you're all so confused. Most people think "race" and "ethnicity" is synonymous.

Census Asks: Is Latino An Ethnicity Or Race?
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2013/jan/09/census-a...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29380 Jul 11, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
Regardless of whether or not you dislike GZ In all honesty you must admit that he looks very much like the Orlando Kid Killer when she waddled into court.
There the likeness ends twixt the Orlando Kid Killer - As it does with she who slaughtered Travis.
Next query from Ram will be a CLUE??
CLUE? You betcha bubbs but you will need to go back to my last 10 posts-- Pick up the first word of the 3rd sentence Add it to the last word of the 2nd sentence contained in the 2nd paragraph
of my 3rd post.
You've never heard of the "roaming dot" code key? Instead of the standard fixed "first word of of the 3rd sentence, add it to the last work of the 2nd sentence contained in the 2nd paragraph"yada, yada......through the use of dots (periods), the key is constantly in rotation. It makes the code much more difficult to detect...

“What goes around, comes around”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#29381 Jul 11, 2013
Oasis wrote:
There was really so-o-o-o much useless testimony. Too many people have assorted dogs in this fight.
We all know it....we are those people...with our virtual dogs. LOL
Nice to know the NSA is keeping this all on record somewhere.
Maybe the jury will see right thru this poorly prosecuted case. Many specific points that belie GZ's story were merely mentioned in passing. Dare they say to themselves, that head wasn't beat on no concrete, that coat/jeans/jacket of GZ's wasn't supine in the wet grass, GZ didn't wiggle 30+ feet, that blood wasn't there during the tussle? Dare they say the SOB should have never got out of his car? There was a reason he did.....
We'll see how the closing goes. Every quilt can be stitched to create a hodgepodge of shapes or the perfect picture.
We'll see....
Peace from within....
NSA...LOL! I forgot about them! Bet we do keep them pretty well entertained at times!:)

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29382 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a certain amount of survival skill to thrive in this world filled with scams and con artists.
What you watch on TV "news" that doesn't directly impact your life is not your primary concern if you're so gullible to think that everything else put to your eyes and ears must be true, poor you.
But...but...you believe everything HLN and Nancy Grace put out. You think you know MORE from them then anyone actually watching the trial.

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29383 Jul 11, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
heh heh that was a thing of beauty, huh? LOL he looked like he needed a change of underwear...or an ice cream cone, maybe?
I'm astonished at the vigorous fight to save this slob's hide knowing they don't have enough faith in the defendant to let him speak. They seem driven by hate for blacks and the same little man fear that they're all toast unless they pack heat.
I bet the LGBT community is embarrassed to have O'Mara as a member.
Racist.

They don't hate blacks. There are a lot of facts in this case...none of which show any hatred towards blacks whatsoever.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29384 Jul 11, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>The are government freebies and first in lines for Hispanics, it's wise to check that box if one can. I'm wondering about George being registered as a Democrat due to those friends he helped during a political campaign being staunch, tea bagger type, Republicans. Should also mention that his father is a righty.
Did you notice that George's best friends are all much older than he and Shellie?
I wonder if Lucy Arnaz checks the Hispanic box?
Either you're not an American or you've never completed a US census. Hispanic is a ethnicity, their race is white......similar to Italian is an ethnicity, their race is white.....a French is an ethnicity, their race is white.....

Notice under "race" one or more boxes may be checked? How stastics determine the percentage of racial mix, I have no idea, because it certainly cannot be accurate in totalling up various ethnicities to form 100% of the population. Is an American of mixed black/white ancestry only supposed to tick "black", as well as "white" only if that racial mix is identifable thought their skin colour? If so, what percentage of "black" Americans are actually "white"?

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2013/jan/09/census-a...

What a mess! It makes one wonder how many hundreds of years will it take before the identity of "American" becomes an ethnicity as opposed to merely a nationality.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29385 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
But...but...you believe everything HLN and Nancy Grace put out. You think you know MORE from them then anyone actually watching the trial.
Gosh, you and MarsMan should have a talk....... I'm the one who doesn't believe anything or anyone is real!

Now I believe EVERYTHING! LOL

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29386 Jul 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics are white.
Hispanics are human beings.

Blacks are human beings.

Whites are human beings.

Start with THAT then work from the actual facts shown in the case.

Self defense.

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29387 Jul 11, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
Bottom line zimmerman followed martin..made racial comments and now martin is dead..family should file civil charges
What racial comments did he make? Hmmmmm????????

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29388 Jul 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
So... If Gorging Zimmerman is acquitted will he open his own private neighborhood watch or security company?
Zimmerman Security. We Zing em if their color ain't right. Or white.
Don't put your captain in danger, let us murder the unarmed kids walking around minding their own business in your neighbohood.
Zimmerman... Zapping unarmed kids since 2012.
We kill em, you chill em.
Disgusting. Certainly not contributing to an adult, mature conversation about what happened.

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#29389 Jul 11, 2013
Zimmerman was told to back off, he refused to listen..zimmerman was armed, trayvon knew he was being followed, there was profiling-file a civil charge! This country has a pretty bad crim just system..

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#29390 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
What racial comments did he make? Hmmmmm????????
describing the victimis clothing and ignoring orders from a police dispatcher..there is enough ignorance here for this `watchdog' to be sued..if someone i dont know follpws me home, id be suspicious of hom too

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29391 Jul 11, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
Zimmerman was told to back off, he refused to listen..zimmerman was armed, trayvon knew he was being followed, there was profiling-file a civil charge! This country has a pretty bad crim just system..
He didn't profile. If he'd told the dispatcher there is a suspicious looking black in my neighborhood, MAYBE...but he never even mentioned race until asked by the dispatcher. You have no proof he profiled ANYBODY.

BTW, do you know the facts in this case? Have you heard the tapes? If not, maybe that's why you seem so misinformed.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29392 Jul 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>The final outcome here, is gonna be about true justice for someone, visciously attacked....that was forced to take a life.....By siding only based on race and ignoring the evidence and witness's, you and others have demonstrated RACIAL HATE.....
What is your reason for the emphasis on skin pigment as opposed to eye colour or hair colour, height or weight?

Frankly, I don't get it. Obviously nobody here spends any time at beaches or resorts where it is obvious how many "white" people spend many hours a day laying prone to the sun so that by the end of their vacation or summer their skin is darker than many "blacks".

In your world is suntanning evil too?

I mean really, how dumb is that - on one hand we're a society where it's desirable for "white" people to make our skin darker, if not intentional spend any time outdoors and tanning aka darker skin happens naturally....... on the other you think this world is rife with racial hatred of "whites" toward "blacks".

And I suppose you think it's only a coincidence that people from the hottest countries closest to the equator have the darkest skin? Let's conduct an experiment and put you there for a few thousand years and see how genetic mutation impacts your lily whiteness!

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29393 Jul 11, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text> describing the victimis clothing and ignoring orders from a police dispatcher..there is enough ignorance here for this `watchdog' to be sued..if someone i dont know follpws me home, id be suspicious of hom too
Oh Wow...he DESCRIBED HIS CLOTHING!!!?!?!?! OOooooohHH!

Police dispatcher can only make suggestions...not give orders. They have no authority.

Can you sue for "ignorance?" I know a few people who better be more careful!

Next?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29394 Jul 11, 2013
So much for the storyline that lessor charges are automatic. If the state thought they had a case for lessor charges, that's what GZ should have been charges with in the first place!

In the real world, a Prosection's argument for lesser charges to 2nd degree murder should be all the PROOF required for an ACQUITTAL by The State's admission it didn't prove it's case! The difference between the elements of the various degrees of causing death of another person are very clear - it's impossible for The State TO PROVE to a jury EITHER "this or that", beyond a reasonable doubt without asking them to speculate or guess which one.

Judge considers lesser charges in Zimmerman case

SANFORD, Fla.-- State prosecutors are asking the judge in the Trayvon Martin murder case Thursday morning to instruct jurors to consider lesser charges – manslaughter and aggravated assault – when they begin deliberations.

Zimmerman's attorneys have objected, and Judge Debra Nelson is holding a hearing to decide whether jurors should consider the new charges. The jury would still have the option of convicting Zimmerman, 29, of the second-degree murder charge that prosecutors sought when the trial began.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29395 Jul 11, 2013
* charged
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29396 Jul 11, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Wow...he DESCRIBED HIS CLOTHING!!!?!?!?! OOooooohHH!
Police dispatcher can only make suggestions...not give orders. They have no authority.
Can you sue for "ignorance?" I know a few people who better be more careful!
Next?
Which also proves the young man with the BEIGE pants at the 7-11 store is not the same person described as wearing DARK COLOURED clothing. And since eye-witnesses testifying to the two engaged in battle were able to distinquish one man wore a RED coat, there was enough light for them to have been able to notice the other man wore BEIGE pants, if that had been the case.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www/release/s...

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29397 Jul 11, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your reason for the emphasis on skin pigment as opposed to eye colour or hair colour, height or weight?
Frankly, I don't get it. Obviously nobody here spends any time at beaches or resorts where it is obvious how many "white" people spend many hours a day laying prone to the sun so that by the end of their vacation or summer their skin is darker than many "blacks".
In your world is suntanning evil too?
I mean really, how dumb is that - on one hand we're a society where it's desirable for "white" people to make our skin darker, if not intentional spend any time outdoors and tanning aka darker skin happens naturally....... on the other you think this world is rife with racial hatred of "whites" toward "blacks".
And I suppose you think it's only a coincidence that people from the hottest countries closest to the equator have the darkest skin? Let's conduct an experiment and put you there for a few thousand years and see how genetic mutation impacts your lily whiteness!
"Frankly, I don't get it".....truer words were never spoken.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 5 min Pietro Armando 200
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min The Donald_ 1,402,898
News Thousands gather for 'tea party' rally in Orlando (Apr '09) 10 min The Donald_ 2,059
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 8 hr -Prince- 19,080
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 21 hr barry 1,565
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 22 hr zazz 98,126
News Convicted rapist indicted in 1993 Orange County... (May '09) Fri patty 39

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages