Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#29358 Jul 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics are white.
No their not.
cracker barrell

West Islip, NY

#29359 Jul 10, 2013
Rioting looting and violence will be coming to a inner city near you. This dope is gonna get off and the natives are going to go wild.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#29360 Jul 10, 2013
PONDERING- THEORETICALLY MUCHLY ONCE AGAIN AM I.

(1) If a black GZ security guy had shot a black
TM would it have made headlines on CNN or remained local news ??

(2) If a White GZ had shot a white TM would it have made CNN or remained local news?

OR -OR Are the Media whores simply making higher ratings =$$$$from this tragic occurrence?

Let your thoughts and conclusions be those of YOUR own soul searching inner self- and not be influenced by any others.. To thine own self be true.
Don't mean I havr to agree of course.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#29361 Jul 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hispanics are white.
No, hispanics can be of any race:

"Today, organizations in the United States use the term as a broad catch all to refer to persons with a historical and cultural relationship either with Spain and Portugal or only with Spain, regardless of race.[6][7] However, in the eyes of the US Census Bureau, Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, or any country of origin."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#29362 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't y'all just open a hate thread and spew hate without bothering the rest of us.
OMG LMAO This is your comment ???
"Why don't y'all just open a hate thread and spew hate without bothering the rest of us."

AHEM! I think you were one of the last to arrive- May I hand you your hat and brolly whilst you tootle off to set up yet another hate filled thread-Rambler eagerly awaits your arrival .

comment PSST Ram

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#29363 Jul 10, 2013
Bottom line zimmerman followed martin..made racial comments and now martin is dead..family should file civil charges

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#29364 Jul 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
If agenda-driven, they should'nt be allowed, NEWS in their title....Corporate Greed aside, we should be protected from propaganda.....
A few years ago Fox News was sued for forcing reporters to lie. Their defense: We are not a news station, we are a corporation, so it is not illegal for us to lie.

http://www.relfe.com/media_can_legally_lie.ht...

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#29365 Jul 10, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
that SAD fact has become ever more apparent, hasn't it?
give those three their 'props'.... the two Persecutors and the Judge... they are taking a BIG one for the State.
can you imagine going to a party and some one identifies YOU as the Zimmerman State's attorney?
who is gonna tell Del... or Guy, "Boy! Great job!!"?LOL
and the Judge! allowing the State to lead and lead and LEAD, its witnessses and telling the Def NOT to! WOW!!
Angela Corey has been in the court room every day lately, sitting right in front of Financially Grieving Mom and Dad. I do hope they are investigating her and she is brought up on charges. I thought it was funny yesterday when they cut to a picture of them and there was a man sitting behind Mom Trayvon obviously sound asleep. Not sure who he was, it was an older black man.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#29366 Jul 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do, but what they cannot do is violate the rights in the US Constitution.
When we have elections, what is the common denominator? Lies!
Freedom of Speech covers speech be it true or false. If we ever got to the point where government is allowed to regulate what they believe is truthful free speech, then we are done as a country based on what party is in charge at the time.
The great thing is that we as citizens are allowed to choose what free speech we listen to or read. If you don't appreciate their model of free speech, you turn them off. This is why major news outlets in the country are finding themselves in trouble. It's why Fox is the number one station watched. It's why MSNBC is sinking; because we (not the government) made the decisions to turn off their lies.
Trust me, there are a lot of outlets I would love to turn off, but even if I had the power, it's simply unconstitutional and un-American.
Hey xxx

Last words of truth ever uttered by a politician in the US were those spoken by my hero Geo. Washington regarding isolationism.

Next on my list of heroes is Andy Jackson who thwarted the Central Bank. Yeh Yeh I know about the Indians but there was one stalwart dude.
cracker barrell

West Islip, NY

#29367 Jul 10, 2013
Zimmerman is setting himself up to be spokesperson for weight watchers. HE can market himself as going from block watcher to weight watcher now that he is the size of a cow he can lose it all and make some bucks.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#29368 Jul 10, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
Bottom line zimmerman followed martin..made racial comments and now martin is dead..family should file civil charges
Hopefully Momma doesn't hire a Rep from the ACLU they have been proven to be worthless in 'suicide by cop cases'

But you already knew that EH :-))))

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29369 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
xxxrayted wrote:
George Zimmerman (on his US Census) labeled himself as Hispanic and not White.
==========
We can verify that when the census is released in 69 more years.
You can't help yourself can you? Lie, lie, lie.

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

Good for you Zazz. You caught one of my errors. Let me straighten it out:
"George Zimmerman
George Michael Zimmerman
George Michael Zimmerman was born on October 5, 1983, in Manassas, Virginia,[56] and is the son of Gladys (née Mesa) Zimmerman, who was born in Peru,[3] and Robert Zimmerman, Sr., a retired Virginia magistrate.[57][58] He was raised Catholic,[23] in a family that his father has described as "multiracial;" his father is a white American of German descent[59] and his mother is Peruvian with some black ancestry through her Afro-Peruvian maternal grandfather.[23][Note 1] Zimmerman's voter registration record lists him as Hispanic and a registered Democrat."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin#Ge ...
He considered himself Hispanic, so quit talking about things you don't know.

You asshole. You liar. There has never been any dispute that he is Hispanic. Not once have I ever disputed that. Few people have.

You are the one who need to quit talking about things you don't know about.

You lied and said Zimmerman listed himself as Hispanic on the census.

Since the census isn't released for 72 years I was calling you a liar. So, I was talking about something I obviously know about and you obviously don't.

You didn't straighten anything out. You made excuses for lying.

You couldn't man up and admit lying.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a lie (only a mistake in sources) that Zimmerman does not consider himself to be white. He considers himself to be Hispanic.
No one disputes that. I disputed your lie about the census date to which you are not privy.

You still haven't explained this stupid remark "so quit talking about things you don't know".

I do know. You are the one posting lies.

We all know, we all have known, Gorging Z is Hispanic. We just didn't get it from the sealed census records the way you did.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29370 Jul 10, 2013
Census date = Census data

Level 8

Location hidden

#29371 Jul 10, 2013
So... If Gorging Zimmerman is acquitted will he open his own private neighborhood watch or security company?

Zimmerman Security. We Zing em if their color ain't right. Or white.

Don't put your captain in danger, let us murder the unarmed kids walking around minding their own business in your neighbohood.

Zimmerman... Zapping unarmed kids since 2012.

We kill em, you chill em.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29372 Jul 10, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
heh heh that was a thing of beauty, huh? LOL he looked like he needed a change of underwear...or an ice cream cone, maybe?
I'm astonished at the vigorous fight to save this slob's hide knowing they don't have enough faith in the defendant to let him speak. They seem driven by hate for blacks and the same little man fear that they're all toast unless they pack heat.
I bet the LGBT community is embarrassed to have O'Mara as a member.
I'm sure!!! Any organization would be. He's so mealy mouthed and whiny he gets on my last nerve.

He ALWAYS repeats himself ad nauseaum.

He's loved every minute of this headline case, it will feed his family for years to come.

Jonesboro, AR

#29373 Jul 10, 2013
Trayvon attacked him, he attacked and shot him in self defense. Case closed.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#29374 Jul 10, 2013
Regardless of whether or not you dislike GZ In all honesty you must admit that he looks very much like the Orlando Kid Killer when she waddled into court.

There the likeness ends twixt the Orlando Kid Killer - As it does with she who slaughtered Travis.
Next query from Ram will be a CLUE??

CLUE? You betcha bubbs but you will need to go back to my last 10 posts-- Pick up the first word of the 3rd sentence Add it to the last word of the 2nd sentence contained in the 2nd paragraph
of my 3rd post.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#29375 Jul 10, 2013
guest wrote:
Trayvon attacked him, he attacked and shot him in self defense. Case closed.
that is how the retired cop that testified felt too that George Zimmerman acted in Self Defense and had no choice but to use deadly force when he testifed Wednesday July 10 2013.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#29376 Jul 11, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that is how the retired cop that testified felt too that George Zimmerman acted in Self Defense and had no choice but to use deadly force when he testifed Wednesday July 10 2013.
Anyone who looked at the evidence knows that George Zimmerman acted in self defense when a violent punk thug attacked him for looking at him. We'll never know why Trayvon was so worried about there being someone who could identify him as the guy loitering at night and peering into houses, but he had a reason. Hope it was a good one. Whatever he was up to that night that caused him to be sooooooooooooo worried about being seen ended up causing his death. This travesty should be finished in a few days..........now we just have to hope that the ghetto apes can control themselves when they don't get their own way.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#29377 Jul 11, 2013
zazz wrote:
zazz wrote:
xxxrayted wrote:
George Zimmerman (on his US Census) labeled himself as Hispanic and not White.
==========
We can verify that when the census is released in 69 more years.
You can't help yourself can you? Lie, lie, lie.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you Zazz. You caught one of my errors. Let me straighten it out:
"George Zimmerman
George Michael Zimmerman
George Michael Zimmerman was born on October 5, 1983, in Manassas, Virginia,[56] and is the son of Gladys (née Mesa) Zimmerman, who was born in Peru,[3] and Robert Zimmerman, Sr., a retired Virginia magistrate.[57][58] He was raised Catholic,[23] in a family that his father has described as "multiracial;" his father is a white American of German descent[59] and his mother is Peruvian with some black ancestry through her Afro-Peruvian maternal grandfather.[23][Note 1] Zimmerman's voter registration record lists him as Hispanic and a registered Democrat."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin#Ge ...
He considered himself Hispanic, so quit talking about things you don't know.
You asshole. You liar. There has never been any dispute that he is Hispanic. Not once have I ever disputed that. Few people have.
You are the one who need to quit talking about things you don't know about.
You lied and said Zimmerman listed himself as Hispanic on the census.
Since the census isn't released for 72 years I was calling you a liar. So, I was talking about something I obviously know about and you obviously don't.
You didn't straighten anything out. You made excuses for lying.
You couldn't man up and admit lying. <quoted text>
No one disputes that. I disputed your lie about the census date to which you are not privy.
You still haven't explained this stupid remark "so quit talking about things you don't know".
I do know. You are the one posting lies.
We all know, we all have known, Gorging Z is Hispanic. We just didn't get it from the sealed census records the way you did.
The are government freebies and first in lines for Hispanics, it's wise to check that box if one can. I'm wondering about George being registered as a Democrat due to those friends he helped during a political campaign being staunch, tea bagger type, Republicans. Should also mention that his father is a righty.

Did you notice that George's best friends are all much older than he and Shellie?

I wonder if Lucy Arnaz checks the Hispanic box?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 56 min Secret Admirer 1,535,651
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 2 hr _KENTUCKY_ 462
News Research: Dropouts flee area schools (Oct '07) Wed Willieneal123 55
News Live updates: Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay w... Wed Cheryl Throne 1
News Wal-Mart bolsters area footprint with two new w... Wed Cheryl Throne 2
News Lockheed Martin Orlando unit seeks incentives t... Wed Cheryl Throne 1
News Tornado watch likely to be expanded; storms ent... Wed Cheryl Throne 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance