Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29307 Jul 10, 2013
Big Bad Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a spoiler alert:
Z piss may be a lot of stupid things, racist included, but he will fake wanting to testify but his handlers, err, attorneys will make a public statement indicating that their cliar, err, client wanted to but they advised him not to.
you win the prize, right on the money.

O'Mara saying over the last year plus that he hadn't decided. Zimmerman claiming he wants to testify, even right before the trial he said it again. We were supposed to be waiting with bated breath. Ha. I don't think very many people thought he would testify.

He wouldn't know which story to testify to.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29308 Jul 10, 2013
When O'Mara talks he says the same thing over and over and over and over again. I think it grates on the judge's nerves the way it does mine.

West doesn't know when to shut up either. He thinks he can correct the judge in her courtroom. Poor fool.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29310 Jul 10, 2013
Florida police chief ready for Zimmerman verdict
Daniel Trotta 59 minutes ago

By Daniel Trotta

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters)- In a once-segregated Southern town where a shooting death last year ignited a dispute that polarized America, the new police chief has embraced a simple tactic. He calls it the "walk and talk."

Unprecedented in Sanford, where George Zimmerman is on trial for killing teenager Trayvon Martin, the campaign has led Cecil Smith out of the police station and into a historic black neighborhood nearby. There, the Northerner from a Chicago suburb has knocked on doors and talked with people about their concerns.

Barely 100 days into the job, Smith has also moved beyond the neighborhood known as Goldsboro and into white, Hispanic and mixed neighborhoods. He has ordered his 130 officers to get out of their cruisers and engage the public. They hand out business cards with their cell phone numbers.

By reaching out, Smith, who is black, says he has set himself apart from his predecessors, one of whom stepped down after his handling of the shooting enflamed racial tensions in town and rekindled a national debate about race relations in the United States.

< snip>

Even though Smith's police force has put measures in place ahead of the verdict, the chief said he expects calm on the streets of Sanford, in central Florida, where protests broke out after the shooting last year and soon spread across the country.

"Right now I'm expecting nothing," Smith told Reuters from the same police station where investigators interrogated Zimmerman the night of February 26, 2012 after he had shot and killed Martin in what he said was self-defense.

"People are not feeling or hearing anything out there in the community, there's no chatter out there about anything taking place and in some cases there's more of a spin-up on the media side with regards to there being some issues of concern," Smith said.

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-police-chief-re...

While this story may be a letdown to some, I think it's great! Sadly, anticipation that blacks will cause riots over the verdict is no different than the same doomsday ghouls praying for catastophic events to occur in general, including predicting devastating earthquakes or asteroids, or the world to shatter when the Mayan calendar supposedly ended. They'd like to see everybody's lives ruled by fear, turmoil and hate..... just like theirs.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29311 Jul 10, 2013
Does the judge remind anyone else of Elton John? Everytime I see her face, the thought enters my mind......perhaps they're related?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/10/art...

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29312 Jul 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you testify?
You're winning the ballgame 10 to 3 in the 9th inning. Why throw in your star pitcher chancing he will get hurt? I know that's what you were hoping for just like the SYG hearing that never took place.
Absolutely not....i even thought, the prosecution's case was so weak....O'Mara might have dropped the mike, when they quit....lol.....This was a Charade for the masses and for us to see, just how F*CKED UP our cable news channels were.....

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#29313 Jul 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not....i even thought, the prosecution's case was so weak....O'Mara might have dropped the mike, when they quit....lol.....This was a Charade for the masses and for us to see, just how F*CKED UP our cable news channels were.....
*are.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29316 Jul 10, 2013
If agenda-driven, they should'nt be allowed, NEWS in their title....Corporate Greed aside, we should be protected from propaganda.....

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#29317 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
In all fairness, I would be disqualified if the topic was mentioned of O'Mara's fundraising antics early on, even if the trial was for real. To me it comes across as if public generosity equates justice when in reality he stepped to straddle a Gravy Train, therefore I'd be deemed prejudicial towards the defense.
You would be disqualified for any jury because it would only take about 3 questions before everyone in the courtroom knew you are batshit crazy.
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#29318 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Does the judge remind anyone else of Elton John? Everytime I see her face, the thought enters my mind......perhaps they're related?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/10/art...
LOL. She reminds me of someone, but not Elton John.

She is sporting a Judge Milan hairdo, but that ain't it either.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29320 Jul 10, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. She reminds me of someone, but not Elton John.
She is sporting a Judge Milan hairdo, but that ain't it either.....
The very first time I looked at a pic of "Judge Nelson" the face of Elton John flashed through my mind so I'm sticking with my first impression. LOL

Who she doesn't resemble in the least is Judge Nelson.

Meet the new judge in Zimmerman case, Debra Nelson
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29321 Jul 10, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be disqualified for any jury because it would only take about 3 questions before everyone in the courtroom knew you are batshit crazy.
Hey, I thought it was agreed I'm special.

You're just jealous!

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Edgewater, FL

#29322 Jul 10, 2013
Anyone want to take a guess as to why Ghetto Diamond Dee Dee now has an attorney?
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#29323 Jul 10, 2013
There was really so-o-o-o much useless testimony. Too many people have assorted dogs in this fight.
We all know it....we are those people...with our virtual dogs. LOL

Nice to know the NSA is keeping this all on record somewhere.

Maybe the jury will see right thru this poorly prosecuted case. Many specific points that belie GZ's story were merely mentioned in passing. Dare they say to themselves, that head wasn't beat on no concrete, that coat/jeans/jacket of GZ's wasn't supine in the wet grass, GZ didn't wiggle 30+ feet, that blood wasn't there during the tussle? Dare they say the SOB should have never got out of his car? There was a reason he did.....

We'll see how the closing goes. Every quilt can be stitched to create a hodgepodge of shapes or the perfect picture.

We'll see....

Peace from within....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29324 Jul 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
If agenda-driven, they should'nt be allowed, NEWS in their title....Corporate Greed aside, we should be protected from propaganda.....
It takes a certain amount of survival skill to thrive in this world filled with scams and con artists.

What you watch on TV "news" that doesn't directly impact your life is not your primary concern if you're so gullible to think that everything else put to your eyes and ears must be true, poor you.

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

#29325 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
When O'Mara talks he says the same thing over and over and over and over again. I think it grates on the judge's nerves the way it does mine.
West doesn't know when to shut up either. He thinks he can correct the judge in her courtroom. Poor fool.
They're both so obnoxious it almost seems to be a tactic. O'mara oozes unctuousness and I have to change the channel every time he speaks. Can't stand him! Can't stand West either..smug pr*ck.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29326 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
xxxrayted wrote:
George Zimmerman (on his US Census) labeled himself as Hispanic and not White.
==========
We can verify that when the census is released in 69 more years.
You can't help yourself can you? Lie, lie, lie.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

Good for you Zazz. You caught one of my errors. Let me straighten it out:
"George Zimmerman
George Michael Zimmerman
George Michael Zimmerman was born on October 5, 1983, in Manassas, Virginia,[56] and is the son of Gladys (née Mesa) Zimmerman, who was born in Peru,[3] and Robert Zimmerman, Sr., a retired Virginia magistrate.[57][58] He was raised Catholic,[23] in a family that his father has described as "multiracial;" his father is a white American of German descent[59] and his mother is Peruvian with some black ancestry through her Afro-Peruvian maternal grandfather.[23][Note 1] Zimmerman's voter registration record lists him as Hispanic and a registered Democrat."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin#Ge...
He considered himself Hispanic, so quit talking about things you don't know.
You asshole. You liar. There has never been any dispute that he is Hispanic. Not once have I ever disputed that. Few people have.

You are the one who need to quit talking about things you don't know about.

You lied and said Zimmerman listed himself as Hispanic on the census.

Since the census isn't released for 72 years I was calling you a liar. So, I was talking about something I obviously know about and you obviously don't.

You didn't straighten anything out. You made excuses for lying.

You couldn't man up and admit lying.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29327 Jul 10, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
They're both so obnoxious it almost seems to be a tactic. O'mara oozes unctuousness and I have to change the channel every time he speaks. Can't stand him! Can't stand West either..smug pr*ck.
Hey Topaz. We're on the same page AGAIN.

The judge smacked West today really good. She shut his smug mouth.
cracker barrell

West Islip, NY

#29328 Jul 10, 2013
Crump is one shrewd lawyer. Justice will prevail. The facts make it simple so even a jury of monkeys would send that beaner to jail for 30 years.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#29329 Jul 10, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Rambler received most of her information from the voices in her head..
You receive most of yours from you clients- what a shame they have their hands over your ears most of the time.

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

#29330 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Topaz. We're on the same page AGAIN.
The judge smacked West today really good. She shut his smug mouth.
heh heh that was a thing of beauty, huh? LOL he looked like he needed a change of underwear...or an ice cream cone, maybe?
I'm astonished at the vigorous fight to save this slob's hide knowing they don't have enough faith in the defendant to let him speak. They seem driven by hate for blacks and the same little man fear that they're all toast unless they pack heat.
I bet the LGBT community is embarrassed to have O'Mara as a member.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min T_M_C_O_A 1,746,717
One Word (Jul '10) 51 min So_da_lish_us 2,620
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 52 min So_da_lish_us 13,205
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr ANGHARAD 517,099
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 3 hr T-REX 74,091
last post wins! (Jul '11) 10 hr Hatti_Hollerand 6,085
Looking for bisexual and bi-curious women in Or... (Nov '15) 18 hr Karma 2

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages