Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29281 Jul 10, 2013
Oh look at this, guess what!

I found 84 evidence photos which together we can critique.

Won't that be interesting!

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/06/03/tra...

Later.....

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29283 Jul 10, 2013
So, three of the defense witnesses have broken sequestration rules.

O'Mara's trying to talk his way out of this.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29284 Jul 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So eager to attack in groups, savagely and to victim's they don't even know....I was frankly shocked that Judge Nelson would'nt allow admitting Trayvon's facebook account and texts, whereby he descibes how much he really loves FIGHTING.....seem's it would have been relevant.....
So what, 30ish Georgie obviously loves hand-to-hand combat or he wouldn't have spent two hours, two to three times a week training for over a year at a gym, as testified by his trainer.

As far as Facebook accounts and text messages, talk is cheap and everyone knows teenage boys often have a tendency to embellish their formidibility. There obviously was not one frsthand witness to Trayvon's "fighting", then that's all it was...tough talk! Many a parent would be horrified at the thought the way in which their kids talk on Facebook is really who others think they are. If you think otherwise, then you know nothing about teenagers.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29286 Jul 10, 2013
4:37 p.m. ET: Defense attorney O'Mara says Zimmerman's charge of battery on a law enforcement officer was dropped to a misdemeanor immediately. He also says the agents were in plain clothes and had grabbed one of Zimmerman's friends. O'Mara also questions this incident being called an "attack."

4:34 p.m. ET: The prosecutor is now discussing the testimony of a witness he wants to call on Thursday. He's an agent who says Zimmerman allegedly attacked him.

"The defense has gone to great lengths that the defendant is... largely incapable of fighting. I think this agent would offer a different perspective on that,Ē said Mantei.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/10/georg...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29287 Jul 10, 2013
4:40 p.m. ET: The judge says she wants to tell the jury that closing arguments will begin Thursday. Both sides say they'll need three hours (for the prosecution, this would also include their rebuttal argument, which is after the defense's closing argument).

Oh wow, this could be all over and done with by the weekend.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#29288 Jul 10, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
What a coward! I think common sense tells the jurors if this was a righteous killing, he'd be desperate to tell his story and clarify all those ridiculous statements he made on Hannity. God's will? How so?
It started as a SYG case in which he said he had a right to kill..he had the right to a hearing and if he was truly justified, would have gone for it and walked free. This just reinforces my thinking that GZ provoked the incident so as he might get to use his shiny new gun. If he gets off, I hope 'God's will' will be to kick his fat rearend up into Frank Taffe's! LOL
My fav is if he had to do any of it over again he wouldn't change anything. So if he gets off expect to hear more stalking and killing charges in georgies future.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#29289 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO it brings to question the innocence of a defendant who willingly participates in media interviews but refuses to testify on a witness stand.
Agreed. Don't forget that while he wasn't paid by Hannity, Hannity "donated" to his defense fund.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29290 Jul 10, 2013
Zimmerman said a few weeks ago that he wants to testify. Now he's not sure. Hmmmm.

What does the length of the recesses have to do with it?

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

#29291 Jul 10, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
My fav is if he had to do any of it over again he wouldn't change anything. So if he gets off expect to hear more stalking and killing charges in georgies future.
You're right..it won't be long until he attempts to murder the wrong guy. I wonder if the neighborhood watch will have him back? LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29292 Jul 10, 2013
NBC News

On the left, John Donnelly appears seated in gallery of the George Zimmerman trial courtroom on June 25. On the right, Donnelly testifies on the stand on July 8

By Jamie Novogrod, Rob Rivas, and Andrew Rafferty, NBC News

A witness who testified in the George Zimmerman trial may have been present during court proceedings weeks before he took the stand ó violating a Florida law that bars witnesses in a criminal trial from being in the courtroom before they testify, prosecutors have asserted.

An NBC News review of tapes from the trial shows John Donnelly, who was called as a witness for the defense on Monday, appearing to be seated in court on Tuesday, June 25 -- the second day of testimony in the trial.

On June 24, Judge Debra Nelson had invoked Florida's so-called "rule of sequestration," which called for all witnesses except Trayvon Martin's parents to leave the courtroom.

John Donnelly, a retired physician's assistant, then testified on Monday, telling the court that he donated to Zimmerman's defense fund, paid for Zimmerman's court clothing, and believes the screaming voice captured on a 911 call is his friend's.

But later that day, prosecuting attorney Richard Mantei told the judge he had reason to believe that Donnelly had been present in the courtroom last month.

"I haven't been able to verify it yet, but there have been some individuals who have indicated that Mr. Donnelly may have actually been present in court at some point last week during part of this trial," Mantei said.

As Manteiís remarks came during a hearing on discovery violations, Nelson responded that this issue was unrelated. On Tuesday, she said that the court would take up the Donnelly issue Wednesday morning.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/09/19...

Level 8

Location hidden

#29293 Jul 10, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is important to her nevermore. Rambler takes a microscopic piece of information & creates entire scenarios out of them, usually involving impostors using voice-changing software. And every picture is photoshopped.
Apparently no trial is real, either. Who knew so many people would spend so much money & time just to fool everyone & get a laugh?
It's done to keep Rambler entertained. Expensive but worth it.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29294 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
Zimmerman said a few weeks ago that he wants to testify. Now he's not sure. Hmmmm.
I have no idea, unless he fills his face during recesses and so for him, if he's kept on the stand too long, means the risk he'll starve to death which is more critical than testifying on his own behalf. Does he have an eating disorder?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29295 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's done to keep Rambler entertained. Expensive but worth it.
Oh gosh, aren't I special.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29296 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
And by the way, over an hour ago he told the judge no.

Hmmmm........

4:22 p.m. ET: HLN found the following section on Pollackís website, which is still active: http://www.kogym.com/zimmerman.htm

We believe this is what prosecutor Mantei is referring to when he asked Pollack if heís marketing the training he gave Zimmerman.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29297 Jul 10, 2013
3:47 p.m. ET: The prosecution has called its first rebuttal witness, Adam Pollack, to the stand. Pollack owns the gym where Zimmerman took grappling and boxing classes. He testified earlier for the defense and said Zimmerman had no fighting skills.

"Are you now marketing the training that you gave George Zimmerman on your website?" asked prosecutor Richard Mantei.

"Absolutely not," said Pollack. The defense has objected and the attorneys are at a sidebar.

Him again.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#29299 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gosh, aren't I special.
Every thread has to have one person that gets to be special. Congrats
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29300 Jul 10, 2013
5:40 p.m. ET: Defense attorney O'Mara asks if it makes more sense to do all of the closing arguments on Friday so they happen on the same day, instead of splitting them up.

"The reason I told you what schedule I wanted is because it makes sense to me," said the judge. She then dismissed the court.

5:38 p.m. ET: The defense has requested that closing arguments be delayed. The judge delays them until 1 p.m. ET on Thursday. She says the prosecution will present its rebuttal argument on Friday morning and the jury will be charged after that.

The judge tells the attorneys to return at 9 a.m. ET to go over jury instructions.

5:37 p.m. ET: The prosecution and defense both say there are no additional special instructions they want included on the jury instructions (aside from the other issues they've reserved until tomorrow).

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/10/georg...

It's winding down folks, start collecting your stuff!

Level 8

Location hidden

#29302 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea, unless he fills his face during recesses and so for him, if he's kept on the stand too long, means the risk he'll starve to death which is more critical than testifying on his own behalf. Does he have an eating disorder?
Yes, he obviously does. But hen again, everything about him is a disorder.

He will not fare well in prison.

He cried every night when he was in jail. In prison he will get hysterical every night.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29304 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he obviously does. But hen again, everything about him is a disorder.
He will not fare well in prison.
He cried every night when he was in jail. In prison he will get hysterical every night.
3:11 p.m. ET: Robert Zimmerman says he has listened to the tapes "at least" six times. He has been excused but the prosecution says he is subject to recall.

3:10 p.m. ET: The defense has called Robert Zimmerman Sr., George Zimmerman's father, to the stand. He describes where he first heard the 911 tape with the screams in the background and says he was still under oath when he was asked if the screams belonged to his son.

"I told them absolutely, itís my son George," said Robert Zimmerman.

There definitely is something not right about boy George. O'Mara has both the mother and father on the witness stand.....did he ask either of them if G had ever exhibited violent tendancies, were they aware of confrontational situations and if so, what was his reaction, not even what did G say when they learned he was involved in the shooting, Nothing.

As far as recognizing G's help screams, all those biased opinions from both sides are meaningless.

Let's hear G scream and both his defense attorneys, hidden behind a screen marked a, b, and c, and let the jury see if they pick out George as the match! Why not, that's more entertaining than cartoons about killing teenagers.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29306 Jul 10, 2013
World War Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Every thread has to have one person that gets to be special. Congrats
Thank you, thank you, I'll be sure to add this honour to my achievement list......right below my serving as the stated reason everyone was vacating the Jodi Arias thread to go to a private forum, on a couple of occasions.

:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Apr '15) 1 min Doobie Time 671
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,565,739
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 min Doobie Time 19,651
two words (Jul '10) 3 min Doobie Time 28,160
One Word (Jul '10) 3 min Doobie Time 2,542
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 4 min Doobie Time 23,089
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 5 min Doobie Time 13,371
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 hr fortmyersf 513,331

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages