Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29872 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#29238 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I get that. Of course every kid would know the short cut to the Jiffy Mart. I can see how it could have started out as one big-assed misunderstanding. Maybe on everyone's part==GZ and Trayvon. The one thing I don't get is how Trayvon wound up on top beating the crap outta George. If he wasn't doing that, he's wouldn't have been shot.
I think maybe he overreacted and started the fight, either as an ambush or as a reaction to George actually confronting him about why he was there. Neither is a good reason to start a fight...and it escalated to one person fearing for his life. I don't think Trayvon was ever in fear for his life, I think George was.
It's hard to say how the tussle started, Trayvon was almost certainly in fear, a guy in a truck was dogging him for know apparent reason (in Trayvons mind). By dogging I mean all the way across the community... a quarter mile or more without ever making any attempt to communicate as a cop or security guard would do.

Some think that George attempted to detain the youth by some means and given the "way things are" in Trayvon's N Miami world a police presence means that the black dude is going to jail.

George provoked the confrontation by dogging the teen, maybe that's cause for a second degree murder charge but's it's damn sure enough for George to have had his background run by LE and to be treated accordingly rather than as a friend of LE from minute one.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#29239 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
It came from a Facebook page called "Political Correctness Gone Wild."
Does it seem impossible to you? Improbable to you? Possible to you?
Have you ever seen reports of groups being bused in anywhere for political reasons, where they really had no business?
According to an attorney who was on TV at noon, there are no protests and no signs of rioting. I'll go with her version.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#29240 Jul 10, 2013
Maybe that's "not" cause for a second degree murder charge...should say.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29241 Jul 10, 2013
Regardless of the verdict, one good thing will come out of this. Gorge Zimmerman will NEVER GO BLUE, his lifelong dream.

“What goes around, comes around”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#29242 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
According to an attorney who was on TV at noon, there are no protests and no signs of rioting. I'll go with her version.
Of course there isn't, Zazz. The trial's not over yet. Do you negate any possibility of violent reactions when it IS over? If so, why?\

Do you think mob reactions and mob rules are a thing of the past? Have we actually progressed far enough where that would never happen again?

Anyway, hope you are right. I know there have been enough reports locally of law enforcement preparing in case.

“What goes around, comes around”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#29243 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
Regardless of the verdict, one good thing will come out of this. Gorge Zimmerman will NEVER GO BLUE, his lifelong dream.
Unless he goes far, far away and somewhere out of sight, I don't see him living to a ripe old age, either. Of course, that's what I thought about Casey Anthony too and she's still using up undeserved oxygen.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29245 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there isn't, Zazz. The trial's not over yet. Do you negate any possibility of violent reactions when it IS over? If so, why?\
Do you think mob reactions and mob rules are a thing of the past? Have we actually progressed far enough where that would never happen again?
Anyway, hope you are right. I know there have been enough reports locally of law enforcement preparing in case.
It is not impossible but it would surprise me. If riots take place, I think the police will have it well in hand.

Trayvon's parents and multiple ministers have repeatedly asked for people to remain calm and not riot.

A riot wouldn't change the verdict. All riots do is harm everyone, including innocent people. They are stupid and pointless.

I expect protests like there was after the baby killer walked free. I expect protests regardless of the verdict. That's OK with me. Riots would be destructive and harmful to the black community at large.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29246 Jul 10, 2013
Ut oh......did O'Mara really say this?

12:06 p.m. ET: O'Mara just made the point that even if Martin was straddle over Zimmerman's belly button he could have still accessed his gun around his hip area.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/10/georg...

Because if Martin was straddling Zimmerman's belly button facing forward beating his head against cement, and GZ was able to access his gun from his hip area fearing imminent death......then he'd have raised the gun shooting towards Martin's back, but the bulletsound was in the chest area.

Therefore O'Mara is refuting his own self-defense theory using a defense witness.....not a good sign if one is to expect an acquittal.
GLOOMY DAYS

Whittier, CA

#29247 Jul 10, 2013
It only takes a handful of outsiders to be bused into to community to stir up people causing riots like those of 1992 in Los Angeles.Some of the stores looted were those owned by fellow black Americans.

http://www.latimes.com/videogallery/69627292/...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29248 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
A question as important to her as when is a helicopter a bird? Or when is a bird a helicopter?
The answer has been known for quite some time: when it's a drone.

Smile for the camera!
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/01/the-next-hu...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29249 Jul 10, 2013
2:21 p.m. ET: "Getting the first shot into the face, it can provide various outcomes. The primary thing is you let the person know you’re for real and it’s devastating, especially if you have a hard punch,” said Root. He also says the person who controls the ebb and flow of the fight can have a better chance at winning.

2:18 p.m. ET: Root describes what happens when someone gets hit in the nose: The eyes tear up, it could result in bleeding that fills the nose and it could stun the person.

"There is no use pulling the “weed” if you don’t also pull out the “root”.

The defense needs to go for the "root" and get it off the stand ASAP!
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#29250 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
A question as important to her as when is a helicopter a bird? Or when is a bird a helicopter?
The question is important to her nevermore. Rambler takes a microscopic piece of information & creates entire scenarios out of them, usually involving impostors using voice-changing software. And every picture is photoshopped.

Apparently no trial is real, either. Who knew so many people would spend so much money & time just to fool everyone & get a laugh?
No you are

Astoria, NY

#29251 Jul 10, 2013
George hasn't decided if he's going to testify? Really? Oh please please tesify.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#29252 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah good to see you too. I checked in here once in a while and now I'm hooked on posting again! At least for a few days...LOL!
Haven't posted on here before. I've not wanted to follow the trial b/c I knew it would make me crazy. I just hear the brief daily reports on the news.

Since I don't follow this trial, I don't have much to say about it.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#29253 Jul 10, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't posted on here before. I've not wanted to follow the trial b/c I knew it would make me crazy. I just hear the brief daily reports on the news.
Since I don't follow this trial, I don't have much to say about it.
Hey marce, where the heck you been?

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

#29254 Jul 10, 2013
No you are wrote:
George hasn't decided if he's going to testify? Really? Oh please please tesify.
His lawyers looked mortified at the thought. I wonder what they're afraid of? Don't they believe in "Georgie"?
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#29255 Jul 10, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey marce, where the heck you been?
Gaaaaa-- the old PC my son gave me after mine crashed 2 weeks ago gave up the ghost on Saturday. Had to buy a new PC. I am absolutely up to my eyeballs in work. It's either feast or famine in this business.

This thread just caught my eye so I thought I'd just pop in for a moment. Probably won't be on very often.

The workload probably won't lighten until the end of August. He'p me!

Hope all is well with you ~

Since: Jul 13

Chapin, SC

#29256 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks BBJ. I get annoyed on Topix sometimes, but I usually do care how I come across, but that's just me. I've certainly lost my temper on occasion, but get over it fairly quickly. On the other hand, my daughter and I cannot be in the same room and discuss this case...LOL!
I will talk to anyone on either side of an argument, as long as they are behaving halfway decent at the moment.
The main reason for my opinions in this case are GZ's obvious injuries (I would have shot someone if I were getting hurt like that) and I do hate thugs...black OR white. Seems to me, Trayvon fostered his own reputation as a thug.
George a wanna-be cop, Trayvon a wanna-be thug. Cop is a better ambition than thug.
It's "not about color of skin, but content of character." I've said it before...I wish EVERYONE were purple. It would so simplify these kinds of things.
I respect your opinion. However, whether Trayvon was a thug or not, it does not give Z piss or the likes of him to stalk him, pursue him, and kill him in cold blood. If I were a neighborhood watch guy and I see someone sporting a hoodie with a picture of of an ugly klan thug on it or a Confederate f;ag, I have no right to stalk him and use deadly force. I just hope the racist Z piss is saving his money because regardless of the outcome, he will have to deal with a civil suit against his poor behind. If there was ever a time Z piss need his followers to send money, it will be then.
No you are

Astoria, NY

#29258 Jul 10, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
His lawyers looked mortified at the thought. I wonder what they're afraid of? Don't they believe in "Georgie"?
Because they know him, that his story doesn't work and that the prosecutors will beat him down with his lies. I don't think he's going to.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#29259 Jul 10, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Gaaaaa-- the old PC my son gave me after mine crashed 2 weeks ago gave up the ghost on Saturday. Had to buy a new PC. I am absolutely up to my eyeballs in work. It's either feast or famine in this business.
This thread just caught my eye so I thought I'd just pop in for a moment. Probably won't be on very often.
The workload probably won't lighten until the end of August. He'p me!
Hope all is well with you ~
OT

Sorry to hear that. I'll see ya on FB. Don't want to hijack this thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,275,363
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min LizW 502,092
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 32 min clueless 19,000
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Earthling-1 54,503
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 8 hr clueless 72,640
last post wins! (Jul '11) 11 hr Princess Hey 5,825
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 12 hr Princess Hey 18,243
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages