Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29779 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

No you are

Trenton, NJ

#29258 Jul 10, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
His lawyers looked mortified at the thought. I wonder what they're afraid of? Don't they believe in "Georgie"?
Because they know him, that his story doesn't work and that the prosecutors will beat him down with his lies. I don't think he's going to.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#29259 Jul 10, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Gaaaaa-- the old PC my son gave me after mine crashed 2 weeks ago gave up the ghost on Saturday. Had to buy a new PC. I am absolutely up to my eyeballs in work. It's either feast or famine in this business.
This thread just caught my eye so I thought I'd just pop in for a moment. Probably won't be on very often.
The workload probably won't lighten until the end of August. He'p me!
Hope all is well with you ~
OT

Sorry to hear that. I'll see ya on FB. Don't want to hijack this thread.

Since: Jul 13

Irmo, SC

#29260 Jul 10, 2013
No you are wrote:
George hasn't decided if he's going to testify? Really? Oh please please tesify.
Here is a spoiler alert:

Z piss may be a lot of stupid things, racist included, but he will fake wanting to testify but his handlers, err, attorneys will make a public statement indicating that their cliar, err, client wanted to but they advised him not to.

Irmo, SC

#29261 Jul 10, 2013
Big Bad Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>I respect your opinion. However, whether Trayvon was a thug or not, it does not give Z piss or the likes of him to stalk him, pursue him, and kill him in cold blood. If I were a neighborhood watch guy and I see someone sporting a hoodie with a picture of of an ugly klan thug on it or a Confederate f;ag, I have no right to stalk him and use deadly force. I just hope the racist Z piss is saving his money because regardless of the outcome, he will have to deal with a civil suit against his poor behind. If there was ever a time Z piss need his followers to send money, it will be then.
Flag, not f;ag.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#29262 Jul 10, 2013
Big Bad Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a spoiler alert:
Z piss may be a lot of stupid things, racist included, but he will fake wanting to testify but his handlers, err, attorneys will make a public statement indicating that their cliar, err, client wanted to but they advised him not to.
lol I think you are right on the mark, I was hoping though. Of course they told him not to go Hannity....

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

#29263 Jul 10, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they know him, that his story doesn't work and that the prosecutors will beat him down with his lies. I don't think he's going to.
If I were a juror, I'd wonder why he's sitting there like a lump while people who weren't there describe what happened on his behalf. I realize his interview with Hannity allows him to keep quiet, but as a juror I'd like him cross examined..at least!
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#29264 Jul 10, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were a juror, I'd wonder why he's sitting there like a lump while people who weren't there describe what happened on his behalf. I realize his interview with Hannity allows him to keep quiet, but as a juror I'd like him cross examined..at least!
Same here, but as a juror you can't hold it against him.

He told the judge that he isn't going to. Darn.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#29265 Jul 10, 2013
The defense has rested, George will not testify, the state has two, possibly three rebuttal witnesses and word on street has it that one is "very interesting."

O'Mara is asking for a dismissal of all charges...the judge say's fk you...the jury will decide this case.
sPOOK

United States

#29266 Jul 10, 2013
Another dead darky....who cares!

Irmo, SC

#29267 Jul 10, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not surprised about that but then again it was as obvious as the Alaskan airhead Palin using the same old tired line about running for office only to let her worshippers down by not running.

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#29268 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
How is Marce being here any different from any of us being here?
She only came here to insult Rambler. She stalks her.

Level 3

Location hidden

#29269 Jul 10, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
Rambler has been on the Jodi thread until everyone left but him and Gloomy knocking down. I guess Gloomy won the contest of wills.
This is a different thread, why bring up old past things from another one? Who cares about Jodi? That is just another failed thread, there are thousands of them. Moving along....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29270 Jul 10, 2013
No you are wrote:
George hasn't decided if he's going to testify? Really? Oh please please tesify.
"Depends on how long the recesses are."

He's certainly appearing as a person not firmly hitched to reality.

Level 6

AOL

#29271 Jul 10, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
What a coward! I think common sense tells the jurors if this was a righteous killing, he'd be desperate to tell his story and clarify all those ridiculous statements he made on Hannity. God's will? How so?
It started as a SYG case in which he said he had a right to kill..he had the right to a hearing and if he was truly justified, would have gone for it and walked free. This just reinforces my thinking that GZ provoked the incident so as he might get to use his shiny new gun. If he gets off, I hope 'God's will' will be to kick his fat rearend up into Frank Taffe's! LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29272 Jul 10, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
lol I think you are right on the mark, I was hoping though. Of course they told him not to go Hannity....
IMO it brings to question the innocence of a defendant who willingly participates in media interviews but refuses to testify on a witness stand.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#29273 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
OT: I used to live in Edgewater over 40 years ago in a big mobile home park off Mission Road. Some of my ex's relatives are in Florida Shores subdivision.
I love it here, but beach side is getting very touristy. I used to live in FL Shores but moved further north, but right off of Mission Rd.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#29274 Jul 10, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> The Martins think they have won the lottery I would imaging they are suing everybody and anyone they can .
Who would think to hire an attorney within hours of finding out their kid had been shot? Trademarking his name and so fourth .
I doubt the Martins' care the kid is dead. All they can see is dollars.
They couldn't even give the kid a decent burial
I agree completely, except that I didn't see anything about the funeral. I would think that with the publicity that they went after and the donations he would have had a huge funeral. I just tried to find a link regarding any funeral services, and couldn't find one.

Level 6

AOL

#29277 Jul 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he doesn't testify; not because I'm afraid he'd say something wrong, but because it drives all you pro-Martin people nuts. LOL!
Whatever points your hood, bigot;)
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29278 Jul 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he doesn't testify; not because I'm afraid he'd say something wrong, but because it drives all you pro-Martin people nuts. LOL!
I thought you were following the trial live?

Wakey, wakey!

George Zimmerman trial: Zimmerman tells judge he won't testify
CBS News &#8206;- 49 minutes ago
The defense has rested in the case of George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch captain accused in the shooting death of Florida ...

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29280 Jul 10, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
It only takes a handful of outsiders to be bused into to community to stir up people causing riots like those of 1992 in Los Angeles.Some of the stores looted were those owned by fellow black Americans.
http://www.latimes.com/videogallery/69627292/...
So eager to attack in groups, savagely and to victim's they don't even know....I was frankly shocked that Judge Nelson would'nt allow admitting Trayvon's facebook account and texts, whereby he descibes how much he really loves FIGHTING.....seem's it would have been relevant.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,459,368
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min OzRitz 62,339
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 19,229
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Brian_G 7,945
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 98,274
News Judge's brother, a convicted murderer, is back ... (Mar '08) 11 hr flbadcatowner 84
News Doctor offering 'chelation therapy' has office ... (Apr '08) Tue Debbieg1 10

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages