Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“What goes around, comes around”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#29214 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
There's very little to "prove" in this case......It's all say-so, which testimony does the jury choose to believe, which witnesses are credible. Georgie admitted he shot TM so it's not a who-done it. The jury is only left with the question of WHY.
Events leading up to the shooting -- even if TM tackled GZ does not entitle GZ to take his life if the jury concludes he had other options to rescue himself. That he chose to train at a fighting gym for over a year is negative to his defense, whether or not the trainer thought he was "soft" because that portrays him as the sort of person "looking for a fight". Frankly, I have hard time believing the part about a slug to GZs nose by TM caused him to fall to the ground flat on his back.
It is often mentioned females tend to dimly view the self-defense theory in a "shoot to kill" situation. You heard it over and over again in the Jodi Arias case - to defend herself, why not shoot Travis in the leg, anywhere to immobilize him.
The jury will need to decide if GZ killed with "depraved a mind, hatred, malice, evil intent or ill will."....or did he intentioally shoot to kill a 17 year old in the chest simply to defend himself?
Once again, I say that GZs newly ballooned heavyweight appearance works to his disadvantage, to the females on the jury he may be the personification of a big bully, a wanna-be tough guy.......and most people aren't able to easily demonize a 17 year old, the way some of you here have done.
If I was sitting on this jury, I'd vote to convict on 2nd degree, believing the pro-prosecution witnesses are credible....the defense has given me no "reasonable doubt" and GZ is acting far to casual in the courtroom, not showing any remorse.
Well, if you were "sitting on this jury," you would have actually SEEN this trial, in which case, you don't have a clue now how you would vote. They are not going by Headline News or Nancy Grace.

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29215 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously if it's on YOUR Facebook page, then one of YOUR friends posted it.
Don't you trust YOUR friends?
DUH Rambles...now I have to explain how Facebook pages work to you TOO!!!!???

I belong to conservative pages, cooking pages, gardening pages, news pages, many different interests. These pages post different updates, cartoons, pictures, whatever. You are so limited in your understanding of everything you constantly amaze.

Here's a thought...why don't you make it your business to get on one of the streaming sites and at least watch/listen to the actual closing arguments. Unless you don't want to overload your brain with genuine information, rather than NG's opinions.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29216 Jul 10, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>11:08 ET, Root is now explaining that his company is new this year and this is the first time he's appeared as an expert witness in a criminal trial. Additionally he's waived his fee as a way to participate hoping that the publicity pays off later.
He's actually a pretty knowledgeable guy, even confirming my previous explanation as to why surdyka heard multiple pops.
Yes, he makes a great prosecution witness. According to Georgie's sequence of events, how was he able to pull out his gun? If TM was straddling GZ lower than waist level, he was perfectly positioned for GZ to knee him where it hurts most.

11:32 a.m. ET: Root said in a "dynamic event" both people would be moving so the gun may have been accessible as Martin moved around.

11:30 a.m. ET: Guy is straddling a dummy as he points out how Zimmerman may have had trouble grabbing a gun at his waste if Martin was straddle at or above Zimmerman's belly button.

Gun at his waste (sic)...yeah, those ladies of the jury see before their very eyes the big waste! LOL

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29217 Jul 10, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't even the middle of the
night but just past seven on a Sunday evening...timeline says that it was still daylight when Trayvon left the Greene residence to go to the 7-11.
You know of course that Nancy and Jane's not too politically correct sidekick Frank is another one of Zimmerman's bff's and that it was in Frank's yard that Zimmerman supposedly first spotted the hooded stranger.
What was the hooded stranger doing in the yard, rather than on the sidewalk? Maybe that's what started this whole problem to begin with.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#29219 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
How is Marce being here any different from any of us being here?
That's Brad. He hates me. But I guess he's the stalker b/c I see he's been posting here a while.

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29220 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
When you make a valid point it is lost because of things like you claiming the trial isn't real, 3 people have played Gorge, etc.
Please get medical attention.
LOL Zazz!!! It's been recommended to her many times on several different threads by lots of people.

As far as her making a valid point....even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. Doesn't mean she has a clue what's happening.

:)
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#29221 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Marce! Hey!
Yeah, she's making comments without watching the trial. Makes for pretty ignorant posting on her part. But then, what else is new?
:)
Hey, Abs! So good to see you. I just thought I'd check this place out.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29222 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you were "sitting on this jury," you would have actually SEEN this trial, in which case, you don't have a clue now how you would vote. They are not going by Headline News or Nancy Grace.
In all fairness, I would be disqualified if the topic was mentioned of O'Mara's fundraising antics early on, even if the trial was for real. To me it comes across as if public generosity equates justice when in reality he stepped to straddle a Gravy Train, therefore I'd be deemed prejudicial towards the defense.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#29223 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH Rambles...now I have to explain how Facebook pages work to you TOO!!!!???
I belong to conservative pages, cooking pages, gardening pages, news pages, many different interests. These pages post different updates, cartoons, pictures, whatever. You are so limited in your understanding of everything you constantly amaze.
Here's a thought...why don't you make it your business to get on one of the streaming sites and at least watch/listen to the actual closing arguments. Unless you don't want to overload your brain with genuine information, rather than NG's opinions.
I'm not a facebook user.

And sorry, I've got things to do today. Catching the highlights is all I'm interested in.

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29224 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe this crap for a second.
You don't give a source making it all the more suspect.
It came from a Facebook page called "Political Correctness Gone Wild."

Does it seem impossible to you? Improbable to you? Possible to you?

Have you ever seen reports of groups being bused in anywhere for political reasons, where they really had no business?

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29225 Jul 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
That was posted on your Facebook by a racist who is trying to stir up trouble. Many people are praying for riots so they can say "I told you so".
No sane person would want riots.
True, no sane person WOULD want riots.

Have you even seen in the past in this country where there WERE riots because a trial or a verdict or a sports win or loss didn't go some peoples' way and they rioted? Ever?

If you could honestly answer "no," I could better understand you believing it COULDN'T happen. But you can't. Hopefully it WON'T happen.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#29226 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
George Zimmerman trial: Defense can't introduce animation of fight as evidence, judge rules
(CBS/AP) SANFORD, Fla.-- After extensive arguments from defense attorneys and prosecutors, a central Florida judge has ruled that Trayvon Martin's cellphone texts on fighting and a defense animation depicting the fight between Martin and George Zimmerman won't be introduced as evidence at Zimmerman's trial.
<snip>
The judge says the animation can't be introduced as evidence that can be reviewed by jurors during their deliberations but defense attorneys may be able to use it during closing arguments as a demonstrative exhibit.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-575930...
Whatever, a demonstrative exhibit is not evidence. Intelligent ruling by the dowdy impersonator of a judge.
Daily Docket > Judge Nelson > 2 hour CIVIL Court hearing scheduled this AM.
http://www.flcourts18.org/page.php...
Let's get this show over with and move on to the whining and complaining about the verdict phase!
Let's see, you've got Zimmerman being played by three different actors. And now you're saying the judge is an impostor?

Is anyone in your world a real person?

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29227 Jul 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I see much of this situation, in the same grounded narrative, you have here....I would think, as HLN and CNN moonwalk away from there questionable coverage....Many of the trial threads are a bit slower....Less Venom.....lol....
Yes...but they sure have been busy fanning flames up until now, trying to get people to respond by emotion only.

After all, it will be a big news opportunity if it does cause racial tensions to explode in this country.

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29228 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he makes a great prosecution witness. According to Georgie's sequence of events, how was he able to pull out his gun? If TM was straddling GZ lower than waist level, he was perfectly positioned for GZ to knee him where it hurts most.
11:32 a.m. ET: Root said in a "dynamic event" both people would be moving so the gun may have been accessible as Martin moved around.
11:30 a.m. ET: Guy is straddling a dummy as he points out how Zimmerman may have had trouble grabbing a gun at his waste if Martin was straddle at or above Zimmerman's belly button.
Gun at his waste (sic)...yeah, those ladies of the jury see before their very eyes the big waste! LOL
Hey Rambler...bet your same "written source" doesn't cover in detail what Mark O'Mara just demonstrated in the courtroom about the same scenario, using the same dummy.

Oh wait..if you watched the trial, you could see for yourself. Don't want to get confused, now, do ya?

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29229 Jul 10, 2013
Waste wrote:
<quoted text> Walt Disney Co ABC would love it . Then the Jews can make more money broadcasting this crap like they did with the Casey Anthony trial . Disney has destroyed Florida like they have California
Yeah, okay. Now run along and piss in someone else's yard.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#29230 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the hooded stranger doing in the yard, rather than on the sidewalk? Maybe that's what started this whole problem to begin with.
It was the short cut, the entire complex is not walled, there's an area on the Northwest portion of the community that is open and is used mostly by kids to avoid going through the front gate. Trayvon must have known about it by way of Chad and Trayvon even told Jeantel that he was taking the shortcut. One can actually see a path is the grass between two buildings there on google earth.

Having lived in the community for three years and knowing Frank T who lived right there George certainly knew about the shortcut.

George's statements were contradictory, first he said between the buildings looking in windows but there are no windows on the ends of the buildings although there is a ground floor window in the front. In the reenactment George pointed to an area in front of the home very near the sidewalk.

If Trayvon hadn't taken the short cut he may not have drawn George's suspicions.

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29231 Jul 10, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Abs! So good to see you. I just thought I'd check this place out.
Yeah good to see you too. I checked in here once in a while and now I'm hooked on posting again! At least for a few days...LOL!

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29233 Jul 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a facebook user.
And sorry, I've got things to do today. Catching the highlights is all I'm interested in.
Yeah, it's why you've been on here all morning while the trial was actually going on. Just keep in mind, highlights don't ever tell the whole story and often reflect the bias of the writer.

Or can't you see that?

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#29234 Jul 10, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, you've got Zimmerman being played by three different actors. And now you're saying the judge is an impostor?
Is anyone in your world a real person?
A question as important to her as when is a helicopter a bird? Or when is a bird a helicopter?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#29235 Jul 10, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...but they sure have been busy fanning flames up until now, trying to get people to respond by emotion only.
After all, it will be a big news opportunity if it does cause racial tensions to explode in this country.
Maybe it would be a situation, whereby AG Holder and the FCC might look at race-baiting and lynchmob, agenda driven coverage and IT"S DANGERS.....Too many have pushed the freedom of the media, way past any semblance of journalistic integrity.....especially those with "NEWS" in their title....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min OzRitz 1,375,343
3 word game (Jan '11) 36 min Princess Hey 14,000
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr HELL ON EARTH 513,048
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 58,880
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 12,596
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr zazz 98,025
P.I. Dominic Casey writing book? (Dec '09) 4 hr Riverside 177
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages