Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Edgewater, FL

#28464 Jul 6, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Ear witnesses, eye witnesses...phooey.
If I'm wrongly attacking someone, and if I am a young black male, and the person I was assulting was screaming at the top of his lungs in a very public place with neighbors all around who could see what I was doing......I'm pretty sure I'd be hi-tailing it out of there BEFORE the cops came to arrest me.
It makes no sense that GZ would be doing the screaming.
And common sense is what's going into that jury room.
And what reason would TM have to be screaming so violently before he was shot? Not a mark on him from being punched, hit, knocked down, smacked...until he was shot by GZ. Do you seriously think that GZ would have suffered all of those injuries to his head, a broken nose, etc without uttering one cry for help? Please NGrace, tell me you are smarter than this. Not to mention that the neighbor SAW George under TM and TM moving his arms up and down like he was punching someone.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#28466 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
And what reason would TM have to be screaming so violently before he was shot? Not a mark on him from being punched, hit, knocked down, smacked...until he was shot by GZ. Do you seriously think that GZ would have suffered all of those injuries to his head, a broken nose, etc without uttering one cry for help? Please NGrace, tell me you are smarter than this. Not to mention that the neighbor SAW George under TM and TM moving his arms up and down like he was punching someone.
If you read the state thread about Casey Anthony, you'll soon find that ngrace really isn't very smart. She thinks the skankpig is innocent, for starters. She's also a chronic liar. She and Rambler are two sides of the crazy-coin, good only for entertainment value, not serious discussion.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#28469 Jul 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
Michael Savage on George Zimmerman:‘You have to find this man guilty’
On his show on Tuesday night, talk show host Michael Savage said that George Zimmerman, who is currently on trial for the murder of Trayvon Martin, should be found guilty of second-degree manslaughter based on two things: 1) The state of his firearm and 2) The language he allegedly used on a 911 call when he was first reporting his suspicions about Martin.
But first Savage explained why his insight should be valued over others in the media covering the trial.
“I’m about to break an analysis that no one yet in the media has done, as you would expect from me — being the senior member of the American media and possibly the most insightful,” Savage said.“And I have to blow my own horn because everyone else tries to break my horn.”
“I will tell you that I broke the case down as follows,” Savage continued.“You want to hear it, or don’t you want to hear it? I know your mind is made up: White people generally think Zimmerman is innocent, except for liberals who are sure he is guilty; black people probably to the 99th percentile are sure Zimmerman’s a murderer. So where does Michael Savage fit in? I’m an independent observer and I call them as I see them, and I think Zimmerman committed what he’s being charged with: manslaughter. He didn’t intend to kill him, but he may as well have intended to kill him.”
Savage laid out his case, saying that the murder could have been avoided, but based on Zimmerman’s gun having a round in the chamber with the safety off, Zimmerman intended “to find some he could shoot or intimidate.”
“Zimmerman was carrying a Kel Tec semi-automatic 9mm handgun,” Savage said.“So? Big deal. It is a big deal because he had a bullet chambered in the gun and he had the safety off… Had he not chambered a round prior to meeting Trayvon, and had he not taken the safety off, even if Trayvon, during the altercation even if Trayvon had tried to grab the gun away from Zimmerman — had that gun not been chambered with a round and safety off, Trayvon Martin would have had to use two hands. You can’t do it with one hand.”
“Many of you don’t own guns,” Savage said.“He would have had to let go of Zimmerman. He would have had to stop punching him. He would have had to take both hands on the gun, hold the pistol grip with one, pull the top back to chamber a round and then he would have had to unlock the safety, during which time the mixed-martial-artist-in-traini ng Mr. Zimmerman would have had time to throw him off and pound the hell out of him. But because Zimmerman carried a loaded weapon with the safety off, Trayvon Martin is dead. Therefore, the responsibility is in the hands of Zimmerman.
“I don’t care which side you are on,” Savage continued.“He wasn’t just carrying a gun, he wasn’t just a watch guy: He was hunting. He was looking, he was hoping to find someone he could shoot or intimidate with that loaded weapon, ladies and gentlemen of the Savage jury.”
In addition to that, Savage said the controversial 911 call was also damning.
“[Z]immerman says the back entrance and under his breath, he can be heard saying ‘f-ing,’ and the first word is ‘f—ing;’ the second word begins with a ‘c’ and ends with ‘ns,’” Savage said.“I didn’t make that up. It’s on the 911 tape. And I’m afraid that the fact that he has this racist statement — made this racist statement on the 911 call — and that he was carry a loaded gun with a bullet in the chamber and the safety off, you have to find this man guilty of second-degree manslaughter is my opinion. Something’s wrong with this whole story.”
That 911 call was debated back in March and April 2012, with some saying Zimmerman said “fucking coon” and others saying it was “fucking cold” or “fucking punks.”
Savage is a narcissist racist, period.

He obviously knows nothing about the gun GZ was carrying, or he would know that it has built in safety features.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#28470 Jul 6, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the state thread about Casey Anthony, you'll soon find that ngrace really isn't very smart. She thinks the skankpig is innocent, for starters. She's also a chronic liar. She and Rambler are two sides of the crazy-coin, good only for entertainment value, not serious discussion.
I was actually in agreement with NGrace on the Casey Anthony issue, and we had the same concerns over the evidence, or lack of. Originally, I thought she was guilty as sin, but as the evidence started unfolding it didn't add up and made me change my mind because I refused to fall into the Nancy Grace, Valez-Mitchell and forum drama.

My biggest concern with the Casey Anthony ordeal was where the body was found, and the story that Kronk gave. Because I live here, I knew that there was no way possible for that area to be flooded in August because at the time the entire area was in drought conditions. It wasn't until a week or so after Kronk called the cops to the spot that it started raining. Also, the snake that scared them turned out to be roadkill when the necropsy was done. Not saying that Kronk had anything to do with it, but his story did not add up to what the environmental conditions actually were. Also, there was the Sgt that made a comment that referenced not looking for a live Caylee during the first search, and the interview with Tim Miller the day Caylee was found.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28471 Jul 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it happens more than you think--especially the elderly and female victims.
You?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_d_rbOBApS8o/SrIBlpJ...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28472 Jul 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The only way they would settle even before the case started is if they were saving money. I doubt that fighting the suit would cost the insurance company a million dollars. But hey! The HOA may have the same insurance as Ruff and Ready's car or home insurance. That means those with that same insurance company are the people who indirectly pay.
Perhaps Judge Nelson knows.......she's presiding over a CIVIL trial which begins on Monday.

http://216.239.172.26/jacsatt/ AttDocketFrame.asp

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#28473 Jul 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
They told us up to six weeks, but it didn't turn out that way for anybody in our class. I had the class in my living room with friends and neighbors.
Our range test only required that you use any gun that can shoot a piece of typing paper at 20 feet. You had to get at least 12 out of 15 shots in the paper. I brought my .357 revolver and loaded it up with 38's. Got 15 out of 15. It's stainless and weighs a ton, so it shot like a BB gun. LOL.
I took my class at an indoor range with two NRA instuctors. Used my Stainless Ruger 38 Special Police Revolver that was given to me by a retired DC police officer. I preferred my revolver over any of the automatics I shot.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#28474 Jul 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The only way they would settle even before the case started is if they were saving money. I doubt that fighting the suit would cost the insurance company a million dollars. But hey! The HOA may have the same insurance as Ruff and Ready's car or home insurance. That means those with that same insurance company are the people who indirectly pay.
Someone also posted, dont remember who and not going back to look, that each owner was suffering a $2000 assessment due to the settlement. That doesn't make sense to me either since the insurance company would be paying a claim for what the premiums that the residents pay covers for liability.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#28475 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
I was actually in agreement with NGrace on the Casey Anthony issue, and we had the same concerns over the evidence, or lack of. Originally, I thought she was guilty as sin, but as the evidence started unfolding it didn't add up and made me change my mind because I refused to fall into the Nancy Grace, Valez-Mitchell and forum drama.
My biggest concern with the Casey Anthony ordeal was where the body was found, and the story that Kronk gave. Because I live here, I knew that there was no way possible for that area to be flooded in August because at the time the entire area was in drought conditions. It wasn't until a week or so after Kronk called the cops to the spot that it started raining. Also, the snake that scared them turned out to be roadkill when the necropsy was done. Not saying that Kronk had anything to do with it, but his story did not add up to what the environmental conditions actually were. Also, there was the Sgt that made a comment that referenced not looking for a live Caylee during the first search, and the interview with Tim Miller the day Caylee was found.
I'm not going to re-debate a case that is long over. Suffice it to say that we will have to agree to disagree. Nothing could overcome not reporting your child "missing" for 30 days, IMO. The only reason to do that is to hide the fact that you killed that child.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#28479 Jul 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
A high deductible might do it. Or who knows? Maybe they didn't even have insurance.
Did some checking. The insurance company actually filed against Twin Lakes and Sybrina Fulton saying they were not liable. Mom and Dad did not file a law suit against Twin Lakes, Crumpetts filed a claim against the insurance company.

Maybe the HOA decided not to fight the insurance company and the owners agreed to pay $2000 each to make it go away. If so, this means that 264 units paying $2000 each would give the financially mourning parents a gross amount of $528,000. After Crumpetts took his 1/3, if that is what he charged them, this would leave the grieving parents about $350K to share. Of course, if they had to pay Sharpton and Jackson to come to Sanford for them, that cuts even deeper into their mourn money.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28481 Jul 6, 2013
State aimed too high in Zimmerman prosecution

BY CARL HIAASEN
[email protected]
The prosecutors of George Zimmerman are taking a drubbing in the media, as well as in the courtroom.

Some of the criticism is well-deserved. Lawyers for the state sat there as passively as the spectators while their own witnesses defanged the case. The words “Objection, your honor!”seldom rang out as Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’ Mara, roamed far and wide during cross-examination.

Based on the trajectory of last week’s testimony, it’s almost inconceivable that Zimmerman will be convicted of second-degree murder – a charge that should never have been filed in the first place.

The facts in the killing of Trayvon Martin pointed to manslaughter from the beginning, and even then prosecutors would have had their hands full. They might yet persuade the jury to find Zimmerman guilty of that lesser charge, but it will require a deft change of strategy.

<snip>

Typically in Florida, a second-degree murder case must have the elements of ill will or spite, a state of mind more easily proven in a fatal bar fight than a chance encounter. Zimmerman had never met Martin, so prosecutors were left to use Zimmerman’s words on the police call as evidence of a general antipathy, if not toward blacks then towards a class of what he perceived as neighborhood “punks.”

<snip>

After what happened in the courtroom last week, those who seek justice on Martin’s behalf might be feeling their hopes slip. Although juries can surprise you, the best chance now for prosecutors is to start clearing the path for a lesser charge of manslaughter.

This was never a legitimate murder case, not by the law as it stands. What a sad thing for both sides that the state aimed too high.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/06/3486296...

My eyes, my eyes! Hallelujah, what a breakthrough! The media is acknowledging it is the State's responsibility to prove their case.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#28482 Jul 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I must have had the same course that was created and sponsored by the NRA. A lot of meaningless BS that had nothing to do with using a firearm outside of your home, and plenty to do with learning about guns since the first gun was made.
The last hour of the 10 hour class was nothing more than a commercial about the NRA. Boring to say the least.
Fortunately, we didn't have the NRA commercial segment LOL Mostly about Florida laws, where you can and cannot (govt buildings, bars, etc) take a firearm, how to transport a firearms. One of the instructors does a advanced class that puts you in situations that may or may not require the use of a firearm for self defense. It entails an entire weekend and I hope to take it.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28483 Jul 6, 2013
Trayvon Martin's killing shatters safety within Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford

SANFORD

<snip>

The building of the Retreat at Twin Lakes is a classic Florida story.

Developers saw potential in the sandy acres east of Orlando and determined to turn them into an oasis. They planned a gated subdivision just 10 minutes from downtown — a cloistered community near the interstate, close to good schools, outlet malls and the magic of Disney World.

The idea, as always, was that people could live peacefully in a paradise where nobody could park a car on the street or paint the house an odd color.

In 2004, Engle Homes began construction on 263 two-story townhouses, with upstairs porches and covered back patios and plenty of green space. Inside, the townhomes boasted granite countertops, hardwood floors, master suites and walk-in closets. Outside, there was a pond, a clubhouse and a community pool.

Everything was walled in, to keep out the unknown.

"With its modern Florida architecture, this secluded, gated community is like living in a resort," a spokesmodel says in a promotional video posted on YouTube. "It's the perfect choice for those looking for space and comfort."

The initial cost of a 1,400-square-foot townhome and the pass code to that front gate:$250,000. Today, post-boom, the price has dipped below $100,000.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/tr...

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#28484 Jul 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make more sense. After all, if the insurance company didn't want to get involved, certainly litigation might cost the residents close to a half-million. But not a million dollars. They had to consider that besides legal representation, they could lose the case as well. Then they would have to pay the legal fees on top of the settlement.
Agree, and the financially mourning parents didn't push it because in the legal docs, the insurance company included Mom Fulton in reimbursement for the insurance companies legal fees if the court agreed that the insurance company was not liable for the claim. Possibly paying the insurance companies legal fees must have been a concern for the financially mourning parents because it would have dipped into the bucket and trash can donations they had received. They must not be selling much merchandise for the trademark they applied for.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28485 Jul 6, 2013
Police release more calls made by George Zimmerman
Police: Zimmerman shot, killed Trayvon Martin, 17

Published On: Mar 19 2012 06:06:49 PM EDT Updated On: Mar 20 2012 07:04:44 AM EDT

SANFORD, Fla.-
Sanford police have released more calls made to the police by George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who police say shot and killed a Sanford teen.

Zimmerman, 28, is accused of shooting and killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Sanford police said Zimmerman has called 911 46 times since 2001, reporting disturbances, break-ins and other incidents. On nine different occasions, Zimmerman has reported a suspicious person.

From January 2011 to February 2012 records show there were 402 calls to police from that neighborhood, five were about burglaries, but a majority of the calls were about disturbances.

Local 6 has obtained six of the calls to the non-emergency line that Zimmerman has made in the past year, all leading up to the shooting.

In one of the calls, Zimmerman tells authorities he's with neighborhood watch and has seen a man walking around the neighborhood in pajama pants walking around a resident's house.

"I’ve seen him before on trash days, going around picking up trash," Zimmerman said in the call. " I don’t know what his deal is."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Police-relea...

402 calls within one year? That averages more than one per day!

The origial developer with fat pockets would be the only one still smiling.......equity owners out in the cold.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28486 Jul 6, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, and the financially mourning parents didn't push it because in the legal docs, the insurance company included Mom Fulton in reimbursement for the insurance companies legal fees if the court agreed that the insurance company was not liable for the claim. Possibly paying the insurance companies legal fees must have been a concern for the financially mourning parents because it would have dipped into the bucket and trash can donations they had received. They must not be selling much merchandise for the trademark they applied for.
Give your head a shake, a non-interest party cannot sue a third party insurance company directly and insurance companies are not responsible for the acts of homeowners, particularly those who are legally innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#28487 Jul 6, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly hope so. If that's the case, the jury should only be out about 10 minutes, and come back with a "not guilty" verdict.
Too bad the prosecution didn't have more time. Maybe they could've gotten him charged with killing JFK too. They'd have just as good of chance of getting a conviction as they would in this absurd case.
I disagree.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#28488 Jul 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that guy sounds like a real kook. LOL!
Sure does. An armed kook at that. Scary stuff.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28489 Jul 6, 2013
http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CivilDocket/

Egad......type in "Retreat Twin Lakes".

This HOA must employ it's own team of lawyers.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28490 Jul 6, 2013
This one was just filed yesterday in the CIVIL Court business that Judge Nelson presides over.

Detailed Information for Case 2013CA002751

Case Number: 2013CA002751 Judge: DEBRA S. NELSON
Date Filed: 07/05/2013 Case Type: NON HOMESTEAD/RESIDENTIAL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min ester povington 1,604,738
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 min Murphey_Law 513,727
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,993
News Student zapped by Taser leaves juvenile detenti... (Mar '08) 4 hr oy vey 162
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) 4 hr oy vey 1,337
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 20 hr zazz 98,520
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) Sat Angela 40

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages