Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 Read more: New York Daily News 29,878

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Read more

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#28280 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
.. because the prosecutions witness (medical examiner) was caught reading notes while testifying.
"Caught"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#28281 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't do that here (or at least not supposed to). That's what they do in the middle-east to convict people.
We don't prosecute or convict people because some of the public doesn't like what took place. A person either breaks the law or they don't. That's why we have laws. If we are going to try, convict and imprison people because we don't like what they do, then what's the point of having laws in the first place?
That's why this trial is a black eye to the American justice system. If we are going to convict and imprison people based on what they did that we don't like and NOT because they broke any law, then we might as well go back to burning witches.
oh, Captain Z broke the law. Last time I checked, cold-blooded murder of folks of any race is illegal. Now, if you dad is a judge, I think he might be able to use his influence to put some heat on police chief, and subsequently pushed murder under the rug...

- It would make sense to allow the jury decides Captain Z's fate....

- You see, I've never heard you nor Fox News and Talk-radio ditto-heads complaining about Darryl Issa and GOP supremacists making false accusations against Obama and his administration; spending tax-payers money to investigate premeditated lies.... And, life goes on...

Atlanta, GA

#28283 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If Zimmerman murdered somebody, where is the proof?
We had a person who was attacked, beaten and then used his legal firearm to stop the attack. There is noting illegal about that. It's the reason we have CCW laws in states.
So the question is, what makes this murder? Give me one thing Zimmerman did that warrants a murder charge. And don't say because he shot somebody. He shot in self-defense.
The problem is, you are relying on the account of Captain Z who lied to the public when he had the only opportunity to tell his story.

- Hannity gave him a change to tell the truth, Zimmerman looked at him and the audience straight in the eye and lied!

Shame on you for backing up the lies of a child killer who's trying to cover his crime! Are you a young Negro slayer, too?

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#28284 Jul 5, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you not believe it?
Is it because dads don't molest their children?
Is it because he doesn't look like a child molester?.....because is a former cop?....because he is a good, solid member of society?....because he has a nice yard?.....because he wears shorts and polo shirts?
What?
What makes you discount the very real possibility?
It's because the skankpig baby killer is a chronic liar. It's because there was ZERO evidence presented to support ANY of Jose Baez's slanderous accusations in his opening statement. It's because a MOUNTAIN of evidence pointed to the skankpig murdering her child. In short, I believe George Anthony (and his son, I forget his name) to be innocent of molestation, and Casey "SKANKPIG" Anthony to be guilty of murder, for the same reason that I believe George Zimmerman to be innocent of murder. The EVIDENCE supports all of my conclusions, and nothing but speculation and emotion support their opposites.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28285 Jul 5, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullies tend to insult or shove victims a little bit before proceeding into beating or killing them....
- Before cornering Trayvon in the dark alley, Captain Z knew how confrontation would end. A "Negro thug" had to die to avenge George's friends home invasion by Negro thugs only a few days ago....
"A "Negro thug" had to die to avenge George's friends home invasion by Negro thugs only a few days ago......."

This "motive" makes sense to you?

Perhaps if the storyline was written that it was George's "home invasion" maybe more so, but a friend's? No, that's too far out.... GZ would need to be batshit crazy, and snyway, according to the storyline your theory is toasted because GZ called 911 while Travon was still alive.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#28286 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Bullies tend to insult or shove victims a little bit before proceeding into beating or killing them....
- Before cornering Trayvon in the dark alley, Captain Z knew how confrontation would end. A "Negro thug" had to die to avenge George's friends home invasion by Negro thugs only a few days ago....
George provoked the violent confrontation purely and simply, he admits to following the stranger for a good distance...stopping his pursuit and then starting again at least once, perhaps twice.

George admits to this in all of his statements to LE and also admits to shooting the stranger after a brief struggle.

George also had the option to run-move along when he encountered the stranger near the T rather than approach to within an arms distance.

The defense has rested...O'Mara is presently gabbing away.

At least it's not West...what a piece of work that one is.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#28287 Jul 5, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>George provoked the violent confrontation purely and simply, he admits to following the stranger for a good distance...stopping his pursuit and then starting again at least once, perhaps twice.
George admits to this in all of his statements to LE and also admits to shooting the stranger after a brief struggle.
George also had the option to run-move along when he encountered the stranger near the T rather than approach to within an arms distance.
The defense has rested...O'Mara is presently gabbing away.
At least it's not West...what a piece of work that one is.
Should read that the "state" has rested.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28288 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
- Hannity gave him a change to tell the truth, Zimmerman looked at him and the audience straight in the eye and lied!
Oh my, if everyone who's ever LIED to the media were convicted, wouldn't that be a grand roundup at the OK corral.

The fact is the media thrives on sensationalized news reporting - the consumer's expectations are high!

Google - Edward Snowden. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28289 Jul 5, 2013
Jahvaris Fulton's testimony was broken up by efforts to unlock the evidence room adjacent to the courtroom. Unable to open it, court officials called a locksmith with a drill to help them out.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/05/tray...

You still think this trial is REAL, and in the entire courthouse there was only one single key to unlock the evidence room, which suddenly didn't work?

Goodness, the level of gullibility required to cope with what you people are expected to believe is so absolutely astounding - it must painful! LOL

Atlanta, GA

#28290 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, if everyone who's ever LIED to the media were convicted, wouldn't that be a grand roundup at the OK corral.
The fact is the media thrives on sensationalized news reporting - the consumer's expectations are high!
Google - Edward Snowden. LOL
The point is, Captain Z has not testified under oath; all his supporters are relying on lies he's planted in the Media to defend him. Like the programmer would say: garbage in, garbage out!

_ if Captain Z lied to establish self-defense claim, the whole claim should therefore presumed false
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28291 Jul 5, 2013
"Before testifying, Sybrina Fulton posted on Twitter "I pray that God gives me the strength to properly represent my Angel Trayvon."

TRANSLATION -- the woman is being told that Angel Trayvon is protecting her, and threatened that if she screws up, he'll ditch her and harm will come to her and others in her family as well.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28292 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
The point is, Captain Z has not testified under oath; all his supporters are relying on lies he's planted in the Media to defend him. Like the programmer would say: garbage in, garbage out!
_ if Captain Z lied to establish self-defense claim, the whole claim should therefore presumed false
Shame on you -- you're not a newbie. The BURDEN resides with THE STATE to prove to the jury that a defendant is guilty beyond reasonable doubt, by presenting evidence which consists of testimony and exhibits.

Have you forgetting Cheney Mason's closing arguments to the jury - the defense is NOT required to prove a defendant's innocence and is legally entitled to rest without presenting any evidence at all!

Atlanta, GA

#28293 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you -- you're not a newbie. The BURDEN resides with THE STATE to prove to the jury that a defendant is guilty beyond reasonable doubt, by presenting evidence which consists of testimony and exhibits.
Have you forgetting Cheney Mason's closing arguments to the jury - the defense is NOT required to prove a defendant's innocence and is legally entitled to rest without presenting any evidence at all!
Prosecution has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that Mr. Zimmerman has lied. The cornerstone or the only evidence supporting defendant's self-defense claim is Captain Z's statement. If Defendant is a proven liar, it's justifiably reasonable that his total claim would be disregarded by the jury...

Guilty, as charged!

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#28296 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad news for you Mr. Lawyer, even if Z was lying, that doesn't make him a murderer. All real evidence remains the same: Autopsy report, Zimmerman's injuries, eye witness.
Too bad so sad, the judge rules for the state...first defense witness is George's mother Gladys.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28297 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Prosecution has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that Mr. Zimmerman has lied. The cornerstone or the only evidence supporting defendant's self-defense claim is Captain Z's statement. If Defendant is a proven liar, it's justifiably reasonable that his total claim would be disregarded by the jury...
Guilty, as charged!
So then the State should have charged GZ with lying, but they didn't. It's only common sense to file charges based upon evidence that a reasonable chance of a conviction.

However if Mark O'Mara does not put forth ANY defense on behalf of GZ, all his public appeals to fund a defense including paying for expert witnesses will look mighty suspicious.
No you are

Fairfield, CT

#28298 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care what he said on Hannity. That doesn't warrant a murder charge no different than lying Dee-Dee makes Martin the attacker. The state has to point to the exact reason why they charged Z with murder and talk shows are not it. Evidence is it.
He went on talk shows and changed his story and lied. He made it evidence. He should have kept his mouth shut. I do hope he insists on taking the stand.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28299 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what he said on Hannity. That doesn't warrant a murder charge no different than lying Dee-Dee makes Martin the attacker. The state has to point to the exact reason why they charged Z with murder and talk shows are not it. Evidence is it.
The storyline is that GZ was charged with second degree murder in Aoril, 2012 BEFORE he allegedly appeared on Hannity. Of course, much like Jodi Arias, every defendant facing serious criminal charges is always anxious to "get cleared" on TV.

The simple fact is GZ's murder charge arose because millions wanted it.

Let the people decide if he's guilty or not....not the police or prosecution - shrieked the public!!

You got what you asked for.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28300 Jul 5, 2013
It's curious that people are attempting to distance Mark O'Mara from involvement in the Sean Hannity interview, when he was responsible.

April 12, 2012....."Mark O'Mara, George Zimmerman's new lawyer.......
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-cha...

Exclusive: George Zimmerman breaks silence on 'Hannity'
Published July 18, 2012 | Hannity | Sean Hannity
With: George Zimmerman, Mark O'Mara
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/07...
zazz

United States

#28302 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey did not claim self defense.

The burden of an affirmative defense falls on the defense.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28304 Jul 5, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
He went on talk shows and changed his story and lied. He made it evidence. He should have kept his mouth shut. I do hope he insists on taking the stand.
Are you suggesting Mark O'Mara has been playing both sides of the table -- by facilitating high profile media activity which fuelled public sensationalism towards his client, while at the same time proclaiming his duty to defend his innocence...."donate now"!

Lawyers gotta eat too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jewish Museum turns 20 5 min HELL ON EARTH 15
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min John Galt 1,216,353
last post wins! (Jul '11) 20 min Wiley_Kyote 5,561
News Is President Obama the Worst President in History? (Jun '10) 32 min OccupyThis 4,605
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 50 min Wiley_Kyote 71,642
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Murphey_Law 495,555
Time to Crack Down on Our Indulgent Culture Sta... 1 hr JessicaAtriedes 6
Jews and Muslims both descended from Abraham - ... 3 hr ANGHARAD 34
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]