Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments
24,341 - 24,360 of 29,904 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28246 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. If this jury finds Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder, it puts fear in all people wishing to defend themselves legally. It is a major blow because Zimmerman did nothing illegal, and yet he's being tried for murder without an ounce of proof.
If that isn't scary, then I don't know what is.
It puts fear in all people wishing to defend themselves???.......that is absolutely silly. Have you forgotten it was not the prosecution who charged GZ .....it all came about over an online petition. Maybe you ought to direct your "scary" rage toward those online signers of that petition, one of which is our resident ngracie..

If George Zimmerman is found guilty in this reality show, it's because he murdered an unarmed 17 year old.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28247 Jul 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm shocked, i have NEVER seen anyone use HLN as an actual, HONEST SOURCE.....LMAO....Watch now, as Nacy Grace and her lynchmob buddys, start to moomwalk away from their screaming....just in case someone changes the channel and learns the truth.....Well, what had happened....lol....Any facts in from, Entertainment Tonight or TMZ??????
I also thought the article an unusual twist to HLN's typical "rah, rah, let's crucify" reporting style.....also considering the central theme of the recent onus on Jodi Arias to prove herself not guilty.

Maybe there's hope yet.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28249 Jul 5, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what I said bozo. What I said is that the jury cannot find Zimmerman innocent.
There is no option for innocent.
You can play childish word games all you want but it doesn't change the fact the defendant is legally innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

If you don't have the intelligence to comprehend that a "NOT guilty" verdict confirms the defendant's right of innocent status, that's your problem.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28250 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, GZ is being tried because of the race baiters in this country who protested that he was set free due to lack of evidence.
If he's convicted of anything, it will be out of fear. And no, we don't make laws from online petitions, we make laws through legislation. Zimmerman broke no law and nobody can point to one thing he did that was illegal.
The high profile public cry-out was based on "the public" (represented by the jury) must be given the opportunity to determine if GZ was guilty or innocent, as opposed to the police and prosecution - by virtue of their refusal to press charges, they has no right to assume GZ committed no crime.

So "the public" got what they asked for.......
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#28251 Jul 5, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunshine, I don't get my information from tabloid TV, and that's all HLN is. I know you're severely impaired, but seriously, go back to the state thread with your silly theories and delusional crap. We've more than met our quota of loons here.
Does this mean you have been setting in the court house watching the trial? Or do you get all your information from the horse's mouth ? Is this including all the crap you've said about Trayvon Martin, as if you know him personally?
Oh I get it ! You get all your info from the Internet.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28252 Jul 5, 2013
* ONE MILLION people were reported to have signed the online petition pressuring the State to file charges against George Zimmerman.

You really couldn't expect elected representatives to ignore the wishes of one million people, right?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28253 Jul 5, 2013
* HAD no right (not has)

It is interesting how "history", in a very short period of time, is already being rewritten.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#28254 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, GZ is being tried because of the race baiters
Republican Governor appointed a Republican prosecutor who put the case before a Republican judge who said there was enough evidence to charge the pedophile that you racist bigots are so fond of.

And you told us that this pedophile followed Martin for less than ten seconds.

Funny how you keep forgetting.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#28255 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
* ONE MILLION people were reported to have signed the online petition pressuring the State to file charges against George Zimmerman.
You really couldn't expect elected representatives to ignore the wishes of one million people, right?
That is only 6% of Florida's population......worthless.....

Level 5

Location hidden

#28256 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Yes, I would.

Level 5

Location hidden

#28257 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
You can play childish word games all you want but it doesn't change the fact the defendant is legally innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
No, the defendant is legally NOT GUILTY until found guilty.

Once charged.

Not only is the defendant legally "Not guilty", if found "not guilty" he/she has to go back to the state and apply to have the charges "removed": if you are ever charged by the state, the stain will never be completely removed.
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#28258 Jul 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>That is only 6% of Florida's population......worthless.....
Then, will you start a petition to free Zimmerman and get the other 94% to support it?

Cold-blooded murder by Captain Z; no doubt!

Funeral director says Trayvon's body showed no signs of brawl
Examination showed no indication of fighting aside from fatal gunshot wound to chest

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ems-...

Level 7

Location hidden

#28259 Jul 5, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, will you start a petition to free Zimmerman and get the other 94% to support it?
Cold-blooded murder by Captain Z; no doubt!
Funeral director says Trayvon's body showed no signs of brawl
Examination showed no indication of fighting aside from fatal gunshot wound to chest
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ems-...
Sorry, i can't hear you, over the ROAR of real EVIDENCE, that backs up George's entire account of events...Say What?......

Level 5

Location hidden

#28260 Jul 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, i can't hear you, over the ROAR of real EVIDENCE, that backs up George's entire account of events...Say What?......
funny how the pedophile has already been proved to be a liar and whose word is so useless he's not going to take the stand.

Which of the four stories do you suppose the defense will use?
Go West Virginia

Spring, TX

#28261 Jul 5, 2013
Defense attorney must have taken Democrat Gorge Demmerman out for ice cream. I'm catching a little of what is going on in Egypt before I head out for what i always do on Fridays.

Anyone who is calculating I'm here often is calculating wrong. Most of the time I am gone with my s.o. or friends. I have receipts as proof. Shopping, haircuts, gas, car wash, lunch, more shopping, etc. etc. I wasn't here. These people truly are SENILE. When they take away their driver's license, this is what happens.
They DRIVE on the Topix site. Tired of Senile has been here for years typing her novels about her imaginary family. A three year old could debunk her bogus stories. The other senile posters suck them up like a Hoover Deluxe.
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#28262 Jul 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, i can't hear you, over the ROAR of real EVIDENCE, that backs up George's entire account of events...Say What?......
You mean the roar of Trayvon screaming for help ? The sound of George shooting the kid in the chest ? or the roar of Georges 4 different versions of how it happened ?

“I'm the Texas Dingbat.”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#28263 Jul 5, 2013
Lint has more importance than me. I lie alot. I have no life.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28264 Jul 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>That is only 6% of Florida's population......worthless.....
Pardon me, the number was two million, this one petition alone.

How one man helped spark online protest in Trayvon Martin case

Courtesy of Kevin Cunningham

Kevin Cunningham started a petition on change.org calling for the prosecution of the man who shot Florida teen Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26.

By Miranda Leitsinger, Staff Writer, NBC News

When Kevin Cunningham read about the killing of teenager Trayvon Martin early this month, he turned to a platform he was just starting to experiment with – social media – to add his voice to the few that were expressing outrage about a Florida police department’s handling of the case.

Little did he know when he started an online petition demanding that authorities prosecute the shooter, that it would garner more than 2 million signatures and help draw international attention to the 17-year-old’s shooting death on Feb. 26.

“I decided to take the skills that I’ve been working on … and apply them to the situation and see how well it would work out, and it just went crazy on me,” said Cunningham, 31, of Washington, D.C., who created the petition on the Change.org website on March 8.

“What I’ve learned is that in social media, you don’t have to go through institutions anymore.… Any individual with any idea can make it work if they have (a) connection to the Internet,” he added.

<snip>

Asked whether he thought people might be surprised to learn that a white man was responsible for the petition demanding justice for a black teenager he had never met, Cunningham said he didn’t “believe in black and white.”

“The only race I believe in is the human race,” he said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/29/10...

Level 7

Location hidden

#28265 Jul 5, 2013
Ctz wrote:
<quoted text> You mean the roar of Trayvon screaming for help ? The sound of George shooting the kid in the chest ? or the roar of Georges 4 different versions of how it happened ?
What a firm grasp of the reality of the evidence presented....ELUDES YOU, out on the leftcoast..........
Oasis

Fayetteville, NC

#28266 Jul 5, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the wack cases on the Anthony threads, I never for one second believed slimeball Baez's molestation lies.
Why would you not believe it?

Is it because dads don't molest their children?
Is it because he doesn't look like a child molester?.....because is a former cop?....because he is a good, solid member of society?....because he has a nice yard?.....because he wears shorts and polo shirts?

What?
What makes you discount the very real possibility?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 min STM 486,617
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Teaman 1,100,527
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 46 min Tiburon Girl 4,160
3 word game (Jan '11) 57 min Tiburon Girl 13,415
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr Tiburon Girl 11,932
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr Tiburon Girl 11,919
The alphabet (Jun '06) 1 hr Tiburon Girl 1,048
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 7 hr The Real Missy 17,632
•••
•••