Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#28232 Jul 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard, that Trayvon did'nt live with his mother, for 14 of his 17 years?....Post-trial, we need Congress and the FCC to take a look at what serves as honesty and integrity...
Well..........I'm thinking Congress may not be the best people to look at honesty and integrity.......... ;)

But yes, I've heard that Sybrina dumped the kid all over the place rather than raise him. The half-brother doesn't know his bio dad........Tracey left when Trayvon was five........the more I hear about these people the more I realize that Trayvon never had a chance to be a real person. Oh, and the legal commentators here are talking a lot about Sybrina's TOTAL lack of emotion when she talks about her dead kid. The only emotion she showed on the stand was the same kind of "why you botherin' me" attitude that HoDeDe displayed. Bet if they'd showed her an orange bucket she'd have had some emotion.

Since: Jul 13

Chapin, SC

#28233 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....... Like BarStool, I usually zip right past your posts never reading them because you write like an11 year old, but I happen to catch this one so I'll respond.
Correct. We don't want to be attacked by vicious animals. That's why we had our legislatures create Castle Doctrine and Concealed Carry laws. The hunt is on our side for a change, and it's about time.
Now when you attack me at the ATM, on the street, or try to pull me out of my car to steal it, I don't care if you're armed or not. I'm killing you right in your tracks and have every legal authority to do so. You're not making my momma cry tonight--I'm making yours cry.
This movement that's been going on for the last couple of years needs to move forward, and that's why I'm hoping Zim walks free. I want that message amplified throughout the country that we're not going to stand for it any longer. You want to kill each other, fine with me. The more, the merrier. But you're not getting me.
Yo' piss rated, never mind what your illiterate dumbazz zips by, your dumbazz cannot read anyway. Your pedophile wannabe sure is an expert on 11 year olds. If your monkey azz do not want to be attacked by animals, stop having sex with the family pets. Your poor monkey azz is hardly at an atm because your welfare collecting monkey azz waste it on meth and crack, DUH! Yo' mammy no longer cries because she ran out of tears shortly after she dropped you out of her poop cANAL. So you see monkey piss rated, no one wants to attack your cowardly monkey azz because your scared monkey azz would make like Carl Lewis and run back to your trailer park ghetto, LOFL! You need to lay off of the crappy prediitions. Among your failed calls were when you failed to predict the winner of the last two presidential elections, LOFL! If you want to kill your sorry monkey azz, go ahead and make your day. No one will miss you.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jul 13

Chapin, SC

#28234 Jul 5, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
And once again, Spazz comes home drunk and posts her stupid-twat idea of insults. Who watches those hoodied half-breeds while you're skanking around the black bars, Spazz? Did you check to see if they all made it home last night? Or are you like Tracey Martin, too interested in getting laid to check on your spawn? Maybe one of them is laying in the morgue like your hero ThugTray was when his so-called parents didn't care about him. Hope you're getting your lazy ass out of bed to watch the incubator perjure herself today. Rumor has it she's going to claim that can recognize the voice of a kid who hadn't lived with her for years, and maybe even claim she gave a damn about him. I believe I'll pass, not the way I want to spend a day off, watching a ghetto pig lying through her teeth in the hopes of cashing in on her dead spawn's corpse.
Yo' piss seeker, happy pissed off 4th to your racist monkey azz.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28235 Jul 5, 2013
Divine law
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See also: Divine judgment

Divine law is any law that, according to religious belief, comes directly from the will of God, in contrast to man-made law. Like natural law (which may be seen as a manifestation of divine law) it is independent of the will of man, who cannot change it.

However it may be revealed or not, so it may change in human perception in time through new revelation. Divine law is eternal law, meaning that since God is infinite, then his law must also be infinite and eternal.

In Thomas Aquinas's Treatise on Law, divine law, as opposed to natural law, comes only from revelation or scripture, hence biblical law, and is necessary for human salvation. According to Aquinas, divine law must not be confused with natural law.

Divine law is mainly and mostly natural law, but it can also be positive law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_law

If Divine Law is of greater significance than lowly, meaningless man-made law, why would "believers" battle against "what was meant to be" under guidance of their "spiritual advisor"? Jodi Arias sad as much during her post-conviction interview.....the jury selection and its verdict was in god's hands. For that matter, so did Cindy Anthony, although none of you liked the answer.

I wonder, is the saying "Come Hell or High Water" reflective of divine, natural or man-made law? LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28236 Jul 5, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunshine, I don't get my information from tabloid TV, and that's all HLN is. I know you're severely impaired, but seriously, go back to the state thread with your silly theories and delusional crap. We've more than met our quota of loons here.
I'm waiting to learn what the outcome of the State versus George Zimmerman will have HUGE ramifications toward.

You do realize the case has totally divested itself from challenge of the Stand Your Ground law?

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#28237 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
HUGE ramifications? Who's filled your head with such utter nonsense?
"There is no score to be kept because the realities of this case are not as high-minded as many of us would like to think they are. If Zimmerman is found innocent, it is not a victory for gun advocates. If you replay this scenario in a dozen states with a dozen juries, you will likely get different verdicts. If Zimmerman is found guilty, it does not strike a national blow against racism or police discrimination, nor will it stop the next Trayvon Martin from being killed. There will still be vigilantes, and there will still be police departments that don't do their due diligence."
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/04/georg...
Zimmerman cannot be found innocent. He can be found not guilty, guilty as charged or guilty of a lesser charge.

His life is ruined regardless of the verdict, and there are plenty of lessons to be learned, particularly by law enforcement.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#28240 Jul 5, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
His life is ruined regardless of the verdict, and there are plenty of lessons to be learned, particularly by law enforcement.
Such as it was, he being a unemployed cop wannabe, the best one could expect to see him sitting on a stool providing security for a traveling carnival.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28242 Jul 5, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman cannot be found innocent. He can be found not guilty, guilty as charged or guilty of a lesser charge.
You think this case will have HUGE ramifications because if GZ is not found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, the US will then revoke a defendants RIGHT of Presumption of Innocence?

What planet did you arrive from? LOL

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#28243 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
HUGE ramifications? Who's filled your head with such utter nonsense?
"There is no score to be kept because the realities of this case are not as high-minded as many of us would like to think they are. If Zimmerman is found innocent, it is not a victory for gun advocates. If you replay this scenario in a dozen states with a dozen juries, you will likely get different verdicts. If Zimmerman is found guilty, it does not strike a national blow against racism or police discrimination, nor will it stop the next Trayvon Martin from being killed. There will still be vigilantes, and there will still be police departments that don't do their due diligence."
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/04/georg...
I'm shocked, i have NEVER seen anyone use HLN as an actual, HONEST SOURCE.....LMAO....Watch now, as Nacy Grace and her lynchmob buddys, start to moomwalk away from their screaming....just in case someone changes the channel and learns the truth.....Well, what had happened....lol....Any facts in from, Entertainment Tonight or TMZ??????

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#28244 Jul 5, 2013
Don West has met his match lol. Don's having a bad day...maybe a nice ice cream cone would cheer him up.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#28245 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
You think this case will have HUGE ramifications because if GZ is not found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, the US will then revoke a defendants RIGHT of Presumption of Innocence?
What planet did you arrive from? LOL
That's not what I said bozo. What I said is that the jury cannot find Zimmerman innocent.

There is no option for innocent.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28246 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. If this jury finds Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder, it puts fear in all people wishing to defend themselves legally. It is a major blow because Zimmerman did nothing illegal, and yet he's being tried for murder without an ounce of proof.
If that isn't scary, then I don't know what is.
It puts fear in all people wishing to defend themselves???.......that is absolutely silly. Have you forgotten it was not the prosecution who charged GZ .....it all came about over an online petition. Maybe you ought to direct your "scary" rage toward those online signers of that petition, one of which is our resident ngracie..

If George Zimmerman is found guilty in this reality show, it's because he murdered an unarmed 17 year old.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28247 Jul 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm shocked, i have NEVER seen anyone use HLN as an actual, HONEST SOURCE.....LMAO....Watch now, as Nacy Grace and her lynchmob buddys, start to moomwalk away from their screaming....just in case someone changes the channel and learns the truth.....Well, what had happened....lol....Any facts in from, Entertainment Tonight or TMZ??????
I also thought the article an unusual twist to HLN's typical "rah, rah, let's crucify" reporting style.....also considering the central theme of the recent onus on Jodi Arias to prove herself not guilty.

Maybe there's hope yet.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28249 Jul 5, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what I said bozo. What I said is that the jury cannot find Zimmerman innocent.
There is no option for innocent.
You can play childish word games all you want but it doesn't change the fact the defendant is legally innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

If you don't have the intelligence to comprehend that a "NOT guilty" verdict confirms the defendant's right of innocent status, that's your problem.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28250 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, GZ is being tried because of the race baiters in this country who protested that he was set free due to lack of evidence.
If he's convicted of anything, it will be out of fear. And no, we don't make laws from online petitions, we make laws through legislation. Zimmerman broke no law and nobody can point to one thing he did that was illegal.
The high profile public cry-out was based on "the public" (represented by the jury) must be given the opportunity to determine if GZ was guilty or innocent, as opposed to the police and prosecution - by virtue of their refusal to press charges, they has no right to assume GZ committed no crime.

So "the public" got what they asked for.......
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#28251 Jul 5, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunshine, I don't get my information from tabloid TV, and that's all HLN is. I know you're severely impaired, but seriously, go back to the state thread with your silly theories and delusional crap. We've more than met our quota of loons here.
Does this mean you have been setting in the court house watching the trial? Or do you get all your information from the horse's mouth ? Is this including all the crap you've said about Trayvon Martin, as if you know him personally?
Oh I get it ! You get all your info from the Internet.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28252 Jul 5, 2013
* ONE MILLION people were reported to have signed the online petition pressuring the State to file charges against George Zimmerman.

You really couldn't expect elected representatives to ignore the wishes of one million people, right?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#28253 Jul 5, 2013
* HAD no right (not has)

It is interesting how "history", in a very short period of time, is already being rewritten.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#28254 Jul 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, GZ is being tried because of the race baiters
Republican Governor appointed a Republican prosecutor who put the case before a Republican judge who said there was enough evidence to charge the pedophile that you racist bigots are so fond of.

And you told us that this pedophile followed Martin for less than ten seconds.

Funny how you keep forgetting.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#28255 Jul 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
* ONE MILLION people were reported to have signed the online petition pressuring the State to file charges against George Zimmerman.
You really couldn't expect elected representatives to ignore the wishes of one million people, right?
That is only 6% of Florida's population......worthless.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,534,288
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 1 hr lucas 330
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr Jane 19,228
News Residents learn how to deal, get rid of iguanas (May '09) 7 hr Bye bye 33
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 13 hr Lon Spector 165
News Going to a garage sale? A few rules (Jun '09) Sun pissed off 22
Go Trump. Sun Bye bye 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance