Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

tired of silly

Tavares, FL

#27827 Jul 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We all realize that...We don't understand where, Disturbed White Girl went?
Fattie threw her on the BBQ and ate her....or maybe HoDeDe did.
Truth Seeker

Matawan, NJ

#27828 Jul 1, 2013
Florida Fatties wrote:
On his MMA application, George put that he was 5' 8" and 255 lbs.
He had aspirations of being a cop and put that on his application.
He must have been a poor student. If cops had to shoot to kill every time
they were too inept to subdue someone physically, they wouldn't be on the force long. He will never be on a police force and that's a good thing.
Any police officer who was jumped in the manner George Zimmerman was would have fired his weapon although they would have emptied the clip into the attackers body.

The racist thug Trayvon Martin's body would have been full of multiple holes.
Truth Seeker

Matawan, NJ

#27829 Jul 1, 2013
"West: Ms Fulton, how many times in the past have you listened to your son scream for his life?

$ybrina: Several times, particularly when his father would beat him for not turning over proceeds from his jewelry repair business and “plant” nursery."
Truth Seeker

Matawan, NJ

#27830 Jul 1, 2013
"Result of POLL on WFTV.com 30 minutes ago — About 80 percent on the BLOG now believe that the “defense” has the better case"
tired of silly

Tavares, FL

#27831 Jul 1, 2013
Quick update from a colleague who is listening to the trial-once again the prosection is being made to look stupid, and the shoddy practices of the "investigation" by the special prosecutor highlighted. Seems Sperm Donor Tracey Martin changed his story about the screams being his thug son only after a "group" playing of the tape, which the FBI expert says is something that definitely should NOT be done. My, my, my...that "independpent" investigation was just DETERMINED to find something to justify charging Mr. Zimmerman. They better think twice about putting the sperm donor on the stand, the defense is going to make mincemeat out of the lying sack of crap.
higgans

Avon, IN

#27833 Jul 1, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
Quick update from a colleague who is listening to the trial-once again the prosection is being made to look stupid, and the shoddy practices of the "investigation" by the special prosecutor highlighted. Seems Sperm Donor Tracey Martin changed his story about the screams being his thug son only after a "group" playing of the tape, which the FBI expert says is something that definitely should NOT be done. My, my, my...that "independpent" investigation was just DETERMINED to find something to justify charging Mr. Zimmerman. They better think twice about putting the sperm donor on the stand, the defense is going to make mincemeat out of the lying sack of crap.
the single good thing to come out at this 'trial' is HOW the State will and can and does CONSPIRE to 'get' someone!

now, let's see how the State opts to 'spin' the SPD investigators facts....

I repeat, for the record, IMO IF the State wants, really wants, a conviction, this Judge is capable of anything. during and after the 'trial'....

whether it stands is up to the People....

we have all heard of kangaroo courts and seen videos of the in-famous Soviet/communist 'trials' for their 'enemies of the State' VICTIMS.

how many of us thought we would ever see the SAME happen HERE?
epy

Greeley, CO

#27834 Jul 1, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
When you listen to all the 911 calls that were made before the murder of that child, it becomes clear that the shooter, George Zimmerman was an unstable gun-hugging right-wing bigot that was looking for a confrontation just for a reason to use his weapon… you also hear a terrified child screaming for his life before he was shot to death.
Why hasn’t this guy has been arrested for 1st degree murder of a child?
Why do you always post such extreme nonsense? Zimmerman is clearly Latino. There's also no evidence he's a racist or a gun-hugger (that's YOUR fantasy). I have no idea of his political opinions (nor do you). That "terrified voice" could be his. The FBI voice expert says there's no way to tell. I rather think they know better than you.

What Zimmerman did was uncalled for. He created the situation by believing that having a concealed gun permit and being on the neighborhood watch made him a de facto cop. Actually, he would have been told in his watch classes that he CANNOT carry a gun and that he MUST do what the cops say after he calls them. He would have been told in his concealed carry class that he cannot follow, confront or otherwise act in any manner like a cop or even a private guard, because he is none of those things.

Zimmerman was an idiot who ignored his training. He caused this situation just by being an idiot, not by all that other political crap you tried to drag in for your own purposes. That's about all we can conclude from what we know. Unfortunately, it may turn out that he did nothing illegal. That's too bad, as he needs to spend a few years in prison as a lesson to the other idiots out there.

As far as I'm concerned, you're an idiot too. I've seen some of the crack-pot stuff you've posted and wouldn't be surprised to learn you have your own AK-47 and a Che Gueverra beret in a closet.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Edgewater, FL

#27835 Jul 1, 2013
zazz wrote:
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Size advantage may have favored GZ, but who knows what experience either had at fighting.
==========
According to court testimony Zimmerman was taking MMA classes, so in answer to your question, we all know what experience Zimmerman had at fighting.
Yes, MMA classes for the aerobics value, not the fighting value. My kids took martial arts classes when they were kids, but it was not to the degree that they would have been able to effectively defend themselves. There are many levels of classes, some are just for fitness.

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#27836 Jul 1, 2013
epy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you always post such extreme nonsense? Zimmerman is clearly Latino. There's also no evidence he's a racist or a gun-hugger (that's YOUR fantasy). I have no idea of his political opinions (nor do you). That "terrified voice" could be his. The FBI voice expert says there's no way to tell. I rather think they know better than you.
What Zimmerman did was uncalled for. He created the situation by believing that having a concealed gun permit and being on the neighborhood watch made him a de facto cop. Actually, he would have been told in his watch classes that he CANNOT carry a gun and that he MUST do what the cops say after he calls them. He would have been told in his concealed carry class that he cannot follow, confront or otherwise act in any manner like a cop or even a private guard, because he is none of those things.
Zimmerman was an idiot who ignored his training. He caused this situation just by being an idiot, not by all that other political crap you tried to drag in for your own purposes. That's about all we can conclude from what we know. Unfortunately, it may turn out that he did nothing illegal. That's too bad, as he needs to spend a few years in prison as a lesson to the other idiots out there.
As far as I'm concerned, you're an idiot too. I've seen some of the crack-pot stuff you've posted and wouldn't be surprised to learn you have your own AK-47 and a Che Gueverra beret in a closet.
Patty wouldn't make a pimple on a Marines azz if he does have an AK it is a rainbow gun case

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#27837 Jul 1, 2013
My Oh My the first taped interview with George on the 26th is interesting. Not!

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#27838 Jul 1, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Fattie threw her on the BBQ and ate her....or maybe HoDeDe did.
Too many fatties, have clouded her logic.....

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#27839 Jul 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, there was the occasion lynching but you had to keep them in their place.
NOw... well they gets to vote... eh, cracker?
No lynching's up North dirt bag Y'all need to ask Paula Deen about down here I wonder are you actually old enough to see segregation first hand or did you learn about it in black history class?

Level 7

Location hidden

#27840 Jul 1, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, MMA classes for the aerobics value, not the fighting value. My kids took martial arts classes when they were kids, but it was not to the degree that they would have been able to effectively defend themselves. There are many levels of classes, some are just for fitness.
In this situation, one might say Shooting Range classes trumped Mixed Martial Arts classes.....

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#27841 Jul 1, 2013
zazz wrote:
The judge must be biased. She allowed O'Mara and the Zimmerman family to disseminate negative information and false information about Trayvon. She should have issued a gag order.

The Zimmerman book was released just in time to assure the prospective jurors would see it.

They never wanted a fair trial, they wanted a biased jury. They also wanted to drag it out for another year. That's one thing the judge did right, stop giving them postponement after postponement.
It is not over yet, if the AllAfrica Tour does not turn out well. The party in Dar will be bigger than,'the Man in the Moon'.
Truth Seeker

Matawan, NJ

#27842 Jul 1, 2013
Did they just put Gz social security number on national TV?
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN

Frankfort, KY

#27843 Jul 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>In this situation, one might say Shooting Range classes trumped Mixed Martial Arts classes.....
LOL
Truth Seeker

Matawan, NJ

#27845 Jul 1, 2013
I checked the State put GZ social security number and his Date of birth on national TV, it is being retweeted now.

Death threats have been tweeted about George Zimmerman, they state needs to be held liable.

Level 7

Location hidden

#27846 Jul 1, 2013
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
..."If i had a son, he'd look like George Zimmerman"......Carlos Santana.....

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#27847 Jul 1, 2013
George was referring to Martin as "the suspect" throughout his written statement. LMAO.

The lady popo conducting the interview was unfamiliar with The Retreat and had to download a google map in order to understand wtf George was explaining.

There are quite a few discrepancies between the original statements and the following days walk through.

Level 7

Location hidden

#27848 Jul 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
George was referring to Martin as "the suspect" throughout his written statement. LMAO.
The lady popo conducting the interview was unfamiliar with The Retreat and had to download a google map in order to understand wtf George was explaining.
There are quite a few discrepancies between the original statements and the following days walk through.
..George would have likely asked the Detective, how to identify Trayvon in his statement....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Next 1,601,954
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min Mic Drop 63,976
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Murphey_Law 513,685
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Fri LizW 73,841
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Fri zazz 98,517
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Fri james52 244
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) Thu Guest 1,335

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages