Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#27605 Jun 30, 2013
Florida Fatties wrote:
<quoted text>
He was crushed when he found out he couldn't buy SPANX. Did they work some kind of deal to spring George from prison because he was bankrupting them, requiring triple meals each meal to keep up his 313 lb. weight? 5' 7" is short for a man. Maybe he can do like the Durst dude who was 5' 7" and hid himself as a female mute. Maybe George can be a stunt double for "Chaz"...Seriously, though, who would ever hire him with the knowledge he is a hot-head with an expunged record or records?
Maybe he can team up with Paula Deen whose empire is crumbling due to her running her mouth.
Dropped, dumped, cookbook canned.
Anything for ratings.
Hell, Oprah interviewed Mark Furman (of OJ fame).

One avoids liability for someone else's actions (or lack thereof) by "contracting" them.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Edgewater, FL

#27606 Jun 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Your son was in the Marines.
Yes, my son was in the Marines. So I am not anyone who has been to this forum posting before, left and returned with a different name. Just registered this name, because I couldn't remember the password I used way back during the Casey Anthony ordeal
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#27608 Jun 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Odd that the juvenile wasn't hiding when George caught up to him, err, saw him standing on the sidewalk near the T.
How do you suppose that the two managed to get within arms length of each other?
I'm sure Trayvon knew he was at The Retreat at Twin Lakes neat the cut through between Twin Trees Lane and Retreat View Cir. LMAO. Recall that George, who'd lived in the community for 3 years was unable to explain where he was at and he had plenty of experience speaking to police dispatchers.
Now, you know, when the NEN operator, Sean, hung up....he mumbled something about the moron who had no clue where he was or where he was going. GZ was so evasive on the call that Sean had to ask him if he lived in the area. Like the "back" gate was more helpful to the dispatch than the "other" gate. What a moron. A murdering moron.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#27609 Jun 30, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
Trayvon was a wannabe gangster thug
The pedophile had a REAL arrest record and the pedophile is on trial, not the boy he killed.

We all know this kind of cretin loser: we all know what was in his heart when he was told to not follow this boy.

He decided that *HE'D* show "them"- he would show the Sanford police how he'd handle it if only he was a real cop, instead of the unemployed drop out failure he was in real life.
higgans

Avon, IN

#27610 Jun 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Or...... had he called the police himself, they would have explained the situation to him and then he might have not been so compelled to attack Zimmerman. But then again, he would have had to hang up with his fat girlfriend. We all have priorities I guess.
TM did not call ANYONE for help for the same reasons that DeeDee did not call AFTER she heard the fight start or about TM's death: people brought up in certain cultures do NOT call the Authorities or even the families of dead friends.... they MIGHT have something to hide or are just raised to believe everyone (but themselves) is DISPOSABLLE.

to DeeDee, once TM was dead it was like he never existed. he LOST, so be it. like she said, if the police/family 'wanted' her, THEY WOULD NEED TO FIND HER.... FIRST.

too bad the family did actually that.

but, then we have to remember, THERE WAS NO CRIME AT THAT TIME. the police had THE FACTS, period.

apparently, despite earlier FALSE news reports, none of the SPD detectives (the authorized investigators) thought there was a crime and therefore, any need to 'dump' TM's cell phone history and follow-up.

the later report that the 'request' for charges was 1) to placate police officers sympathetic to TRACY MARTIN and 2) SOP, WAS MORE THANK LIKELY THE TRUTH.

once the local Prosecutor said 'no case', end of story.

think (there's that pesky concept... again) what the cops would have heard from DeeDee. HER FIRST STORY.... the sound of 'something hitting a body'(TM's fist in GZ's face) and THEN THE PHONE DISCONNECTING.

NO "get off, get off" BS. that came AFTER the family INTERFERRED!

they ALREADY had those FACTS... from GZ.

also, the MAJORITY of the eye/ear wits' statements said the BIGGER gun (or the guy wearing the darker clothing!) was ON TOP!

even the wife of the guy that came out later said 'the bigger guy'!!

because she MISTAKELY compared the adult GZ to the PICTURE (AGAIN, DELIBERATE MEDIA/FAMILY BIAS) of the much younger and SMALLER TM, she erroneously said she THOUGHT GZ was the 'bigger'.

how many more FACTS do some people need? apparently, NOTHING will ever be enough....

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#27611 Jun 30, 2013
GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you belive cracker is as racist as n@#$%$, you are indeed a cracker.
"Nobody Know's the Trouble I've Seen"....How can we ever feel your pain?....
Truth Seeker

Tampa, FL

#27612 Jun 30, 2013
GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you belive cracker is as racist as n@#$%$, you are indeed a cracker.
That is exactly the attitude which got Trayvon Martin killed.

Tayvon refered to George Zimmerman as both a the C word and the N word.

The racist assault by Trayvon Martin directly lead to his death.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#27613 Jun 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the same thing when I read that post. Where are these places and time frames where no crime ever occurs? Because over here, we have crimes in the ghetto and even in the nicest of suburbs and towns. We've had crimes in the evening, mornings and throughout the day.
I live in a relatively small town, but we still have crime here. There have been instances of people hanging out in parking lots and forcing people to ATM machines, or robbing them when they return to their cars from shopping. Crime is everywhere. I decided to take firearm lessons about a year ago, and very glad that I did. I feel I am the only person responsible for my own protection. By the time the police get there it may be too late. Abductions are on the rise, as well as crime in general. The younger generation of thugs are using bad role models. People all Trayvon Martin a kid or a child, but there are "kids" his same age in adult prisons for murder, assault and rape.
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#27614 Jun 30, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA has a long history of promoting self defense. The NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in the United States.
"While African Americans were being terrorized by the KKK, where the Klan were sometimes aided by local law enforcement, the NRA setup charters to help train local African American communities to be able protect themselves. The most prominent case being in 1960 in Monroe, N.C. where the local National Association for the Advancement of Colored People head Robert Williams also chartered an NRA Rifle Club that successfully defended an assault on one of their leader's homes by the KKK without casualties"
Self Protection involves more then just protecting your property, it also involves your person and others around you.
Who do you believe is responsible for your self protection?
So, now social engineering has to get these young people criminal records so that they can't carry legally.

I know I am responsible for my own safety, by any and all means available. Even if it is a concrete walkway. That is taught in any self-defense class.

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#27615 Jun 30, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
I've missed much of the opeing witnesses: cops, ME, investigators (if any), BUT...
if the Def has the opportunity to get the cops that interviewed GZ TO TELL HIS VERSION, WHY SHOULD GZ TAKE THE STAND?
all the Def needs do is PRESENT ANOTHER REASONABLE explanation of what happened.
one that would seem to actually FIT THE FACTS AND TESTIMONY AND PHYSICAL EVEIDENCE (ME's report, etc...), why would GZ even NEED to take the Stand?
hey, even this Prosecutor KNOWS THAT!
think he also knows his career and credibility are seriously damaged after DeeDee's revelations?LOL
I agree. Omara will advise him of what he needs to do regarding taking the stand. If the States witnesses keep supporting GZ side of the story, I feel it would be best for the State to just save Seminole tax payers the cost of continuing this trial and just drop the charges against him. The only reason GZ was arrested was due to the outcry from the black community led by Crump, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton. Now the Martin attorney is trying to convince everyone that this was NEVER about race, but we know that it was definately all about race before this trial started
higgans

Avon, IN

#27616 Jun 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Winning in a SYG hearing in Florida excuses the "winner" from all future legal actions including civil.
O'Mara was afraid to request a SYG hearing because his client would be commanded to testify and stand cross examination. George can't be trusted to answer questions honestly...recall that his bond remains set at $1 million.
yeah, sure....

ask the millions of California voters that voted against gay marriage in a legal referrendum their opinion of what courts will and will not do/allow.

ask OJ how his civil lawsuit went after being acquitted....

ask GZ how our Justice System works... after being cleared by local LE.... after the media/family/Pres influenced the System...

to avoid taking the stand? yeah, I can buy that. I also can buy that he does NOT need to, too.

but then, I don't believe in your side's fantasy scenario, either!
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#27617 Jun 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>So did I. John heard none of the loud exchange that drew the the other neighbors to their windows and by the time he peeked out of his patio door the two figures were already on the ground. He got a seconds long glimpse before going back inside and being the 4th resident to call 911. Turns out that he didn't have to run upstairs for his phone...it was right there on the couch.
John Good is a reluctant witness who wanted nothing to do with this case. His wife is also on the witness list.
Interesting that so far only one of the residents near the T had a clue who George was having seen him at a homeowners meeting. Maybe he hadn't patrolled in that area it being on the opposite side of the community from where he lived.
GZ must have walked his dog elsewhere.
A reluctant witness? He gave the SPD exactly what they needed to not charge GZ. Why did he do that?

He may be reluctant now, though. TFF

Level 2

Edgewater, FL

#27618 Jun 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile had a REAL arrest record and the pedophile is on trial, not the boy he killed.
We all know this kind of cretin loser: we all know what was in his heart when he was told to not follow this boy.
He decided that *HE'D* show "them"- he would show the Sanford police how he'd handle it if only he was a real cop, instead of the unemployed drop out failure he was in real life.
According to the physicians assistant that examined GZ, he was not unemployed, he told her he needed a doctors release to go back to work. Trayvon on the other hand had PCP in his system according to the medical examiners report, was on suspension from school, and punched George first. George has a right to defend himself whether anyone likes it or not
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#27620 Jun 30, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, TWO WORKMEN saved the day, NOT George. That really chapped George's obese hide..he needed to bag himself a suspicious pedestrian so he'd still feel relevant as self appointed NW. He wanted to save Taffe's tv, not those two guys that didn't even carry flashlights. lol
And that HOA president had to rub it in. Giving props to the stucco guys.
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#27621 Jun 30, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Matching the description of the burglars was a valid reason for GZ to question TM's presence in his neighborhood. Apparently Trayvon didn't feel he needed to give a resident of the gated community the reason for walking around outside in the dark. If Trayvon would have just told GZ who he was, instead of punching him, maybe he would still be alive pretending to be a thug wannabe on his twitter account. Instead he started a fight that he didn't finish.
If GZ would have identified himself as a resident, maybe TM would have supplied his credentials. Get a grip.

Level 5

Location hidden

#27623 Jun 30, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
TM did not call ANYONE for help
We've all heard the tape and it was Martin that was screaming just before the your racist pedophile shot him.

The women in the jury heard it and they aren't going to read your lies.
Truth Seeker

Tampa, FL

#27624 Jun 30, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
And that HOA president had to rub it in. Giving props to the stucco guys.
Remember the HOA president admitted that the stucco guys were able to accurately report the criminal in the neighborhood because they " Followed Him" .

Level 5

Location hidden

#27625 Jun 30, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the physicians assistant that examined GZ, he was not unemployed, he told her he needed a doctors release to go back to work.
According to GZ, he is unemployed.

According to his wife in the bail hearing under oath, they were both unemployed.

GZ telling lies? gosh... well, sure, but he tells the truth if he has to, right?

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#27626 Jun 30, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, sure....
ask the millions of California voters that voted against gay marriage in a legal referrendum their opinion of what courts will and will not do/allow.
ask OJ how his civil lawsuit went after being acquitted....
ask GZ how our Justice System works... after being cleared by local LE.... after the media/family/Pres influenced the System...
to avoid taking the stand? yeah, I can buy that. I also can buy that he does NOT need to, too.
but then, I don't believe in your side's fantasy scenario, either!
Go learn something, Florida's unusual SYG law can be found online.

The HOA insurance company settled quickly with the Martin family for an undisclosed amount in a wrongful death suit rather than wait until the end of the trial and perhaps have to pay out far more.

Under Florida law George would be totally immune from further legal action if the presiding judge declared him to be "standing his ground." Prosecutor De La Rionda dared O'Mara to request a stand your ground hearing.

Level 5

Location hidden

#27627 Jun 30, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
Trayvon on the other hand had PCP in his system according to the medical examiners report
What a shame it is that TOPIX doesn't pull these outright LIES from the queue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 14 min Beauty QUEEN 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 60,113
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 2 hr country 977
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr OzRitz 1,395,640
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 4 hr WasteWater 331
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 5 hr zazz 25,564
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 98,085
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages