Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 3

Since: Aug 11

topic

#27581 Jun 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. it had nothing to do with Travon hiding behind those houses waiting to pounce on Zimmerman. It was because he couldn't give police his exact location. Yeah, that's the ticket.
The killers words to 911 was, he's running and 2 minutes later the sound of a gunshot . No way Zimmerman can lie about that!

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#27582 Jun 30, 2013
Florida Fatties wrote:
<quoted text>
He was crushed when he found out he couldn't buy SPANX. Did they work some kind of deal to spring George from prison because he was bankrupting them, requiring triple meals each meal to keep up his 313 lb. weight? 5' 7" is short for a man. Maybe he can do like the Durst dude who was 5' 7" and hid himself as a female mute. Maybe George can be a stunt double for "Chaz"...Seriously, though, who would ever hire him with the knowledge he is a hot-head with an expunged record or records?
Maybe he can team up with Paula Deen whose empire is crumbling due to her running her mouth.
Dropped, dumped, cookbook canned.
Now, are these lies from Disturbed Girl or Florida Fatty?....We get your two ugly faces confused.....But, the lying look's the same....
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#27584 Jun 30, 2013
OneRyder wrote:
Amazing, this guy was dying to find someone he could claim was a danger to his community. So he found a young black child, and made him out to be "suspicious acting"...so he shot the child.
The guy needs to face the full extent of the law.
And please, before those of you who want to take a political or racist stance on this issue, save it.
We all know that if this was your child, you...like myself, would be pressed to sit back and allow the cops to run this guy through the court system.
You and I both would be chomping at the bit to take justice into our own hands if this was our young child.
A teenager is NOT a "child" by definition.

I would not have a "child" like Trayvon Martin, making your ASSumption rather biased and racial. He was no innocent "child" by any means. How convenient for you to ignore his past and not so present record up to the point of his own.
Truth Seeker

Tampa, FL

#27585 Jun 30, 2013
Perhaps if Trayvon would have been arrested at school for his crimes instead of ignoring them in order to manipulate the Black crimes statistics he would have gotten the message to shape up before he goes to prison or dies!

Sadly Trayvon died before his time because the Black Power Movement pressured society to ignore warning signs that he was a young man out of control.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Edgewater, FL

#27586 Jun 30, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
defend yourself where? I don't put myself in situations where I have to defend myself and foolish me, I don't think anyone's going to attack me at Target.
I believe little men need to pack heat when they go out for salami.
So, you have never heard of people getting attacked in parking lots? Nor have you heard of women who are victims of violence? Carjackings, robberies? You must live in utopia
higgans

Avon, IN

#27587 Jun 30, 2013
Florida Fatties wrote:
So why is Z-Biggie walking around with no permanent injuries and Martin is buried six feet under? If TM was as vicious as some say, he would be alive and
GZ would be six feet in a hole He's not. GZ was taking MMA and had trained on how to shoot to kill with a weapon.
that seems to be the ONLY proof the TM-supporter-crowd will believe to prove TM was the thug-wannabe aggressor: GZ dead or severely injured and TM walking around UN-hurt.

weird, huh?

I guess Good/Innocent Guys MUST always finish last....

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Edgewater, FL

#27588 Jun 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>New name eh?
Same old lies though. The HOA president testified about the workmen identifying the daytime burglar who lived in the community and who was arrested. The HOA president also talked about the parking committee, and why it was that the SPD didn't provide routine patrols within the community.
George was 46 lbs heavier than Trayvon and 11 years older.
Not a new name, as I have said before. Just because someone does not agree with you doesn't mean they change names and come back into the forum. As I said before, I haven't posted in the forums since before the Casey Anthony trial, but thought I would see where the opinions were going with the GZ trial.
higgans

Avon, IN

#27589 Jun 30, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stup, this trial wouldn't be taking place if the obese killer felt justified enough to face a judge in a SYG hearing. He's a coward and he knows what he did was cowardly and there's NOTHING he can say to change it. SYG hearing wouldn't be any more expensive than this trial and if he was right, he'd be bbq'ing as we speak. Instead, he enjoys pork rinds and honeybuns over doing the right thing;D
did you, or any one else, stop to think that winning a SYG case would NOT protect GZ from the coming civil lawsuit by TM's family?

at least NOT like 1) proofing TM the 'agressor' and 2) GZ totally innocent of ANY wrong-doing....

that may just be o'Mara's best legal advice: there is NO crime/case, so, let the State show the TM family and any potential civil courts that very fact.

so far, O'Mara's plan is working!

Level 7

Location hidden

#27590 Jun 30, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
Perhaps if Trayvon would have been arrested at school for his crimes instead of ignoring them in order to manipulate the Black crimes statistics he would have gotten the message to shape up before he goes to prison or dies!
Sadly Trayvon died before his time because the Black Power Movement pressured society to ignore warning signs that he was a young man out of control.
True that...and part of a much larger program of, SOCIAL ENGINEERING......
The Weather Man

Murrieta, CA

#27591 Jun 30, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
There can be no appeal by the prosecution. Only a defendant can appeal. When the jury finds Mr. Zimmerman not guilty, it is over. The only thing that can happen, and likely will, is that the incubator and sperm donor can file a civil suit for wrongful death. Since this whole thing started because they want to make money on the corpse of their spawn, it is very likely that Mr. Zimmerman will have to face a civil suit.
I agree that this trial has become about our right to defend ourselves. If Mr. Zimmerman were to be found guilty, it would mean that every one of us who believe in self-defense would be handicapped. It would set a precedent of "you can't defend yourself against an attacker", or "you have to be injured to a certain level before you're allowed to defend yourself", or some other ridiculous criteria. I find it amazing that there is anyone on earth who believes that it's okay for a thug to attack someone because they LOOKED AT HIM. I also find it amazing that people will actually make excuses for the hideous behavior of the Trayvons and the HoDeDe's of the world.
In any case, since the prosecution's witnesses are all supporting Mr. Zimmerman's account of the night in question, I don't think the jury will have to deliberate long before returning their "not guilty" verdict.
Good Post.
I agree.

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#27593 Jun 30, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most of the ThugTray supporters DO stay home, and even the home invading Trayvon types know they don't have anything worth stealing. We're talking about people who have spent at least the last five years doing nothing but watching trials on TV and blathering on Topix about them. People who are STILL blathering about Casey Anthony, reading every little blurb about her, basically having no lives of their own. I picture them as wild-haired hoarders, living in squalor and filth because they spend all their time watching HLN and posting nonsense on Topix. They would inspire sympathy if they weren't so basically stupid (kind of like HoDeDe).
Dee Dee the Ho is certainty a jewel of the black community Looking at her one might assume she has a no time to attend school, because she is stuffing her face with bags of skittles each day. The 400#, 3 chinned, poor excuse for a human being may end up being an all day, every day, topix poster if she ever gets out of school. She probably will find some really hard up black guy to knock her up Since Trayvon is dead that is a stretch, but she could become a full time welfare queen if she could find someone desperate enough

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#27594 Jun 30, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a new name, as I have said before. Just because someone does not agree with you doesn't mean they change names and come back into the forum. As I said before, I haven't posted in the forums since before the Casey Anthony trial, but thought I would see where the opinions were going with the GZ trial.
Your son was in the Marines.

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#27595 Jun 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> True that...and part of a much larger program of, SOCIAL ENGINEERING......
You keep mentioning social engineering You do know that is a democratic idea . Started with FDR and has since expanded mainly due to LBJ. Social engineering is and was a poor concept. Look at the criminal ridden slums. I think we can agree on this ,Blue

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#27597 Jun 30, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
did you, or any one else, stop to think that winning a SYG case would NOT protect GZ from the coming civil lawsuit by TM's family?
at least NOT like 1) proofing TM the 'agressor' and 2) GZ totally innocent of ANY wrong-doing....
that may just be o'Mara's best legal advice: there is NO crime/case, so, let the State show the TM family and any potential civil courts that very fact.
so far, O'Mara's plan is working!
Winning in a SYG hearing in Florida excuses the "winner" from all future legal actions including civil.

O'Mara was afraid to request a SYG hearing because his client would be commanded to testify and stand cross examination. George can't be trusted to answer questions honestly...recall that his bond remains set at $1 million.
higgans

Avon, IN

#27598 Jun 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If somebody approaches you with a gun, your only defense is to put your arms up and surrender.
Nobody with a gun approaches somebody at point blank range. When somebody shoots another, it's well within a distance that leaves the victim helpless. It's apparent in this case that it was exactly how Zimmerman said it was. He was being severely assaulted and had no choice but to use his gun as Martin made an attempt to take that gun from him. Nothing to suggest otherwise.
that scenario is the ONLY one that passes the INTELLIGENT, LOGICAL AND COMMON SENSE test.

unless, like I've stated more than once before, TM THOUGHT HE WAS SUPERMAN AND COULD BEAT A GUN.

don't even think about the absurd contradiction that TM was BOTH a scared 'kid' and brave enough to double back on the 'boogey-man'!

or, that, rain or no rain, it took a healthy 17-yr old almost 45 minutes to walk a 15 MINUTE MILE!

or, now that we have seen and HEARD DeeDee, that SHE did not know 1) what EXACTLY TM was doing during the time he was 'walking' before GZ spotted him or 2) TM's intentions!

and, think about the FACTS we now have:

1) how DARK the area was

2) TM in black/very dark clothing and black skin AND A HOODIE

3) GZ in a MUCH lighter, orangish/red jacket and with MUCH lighter (some even call him WHITE) skin with a BALD head

4) which of the two would have the ADVANTAGE of blending into the darkness, even in the open-ness of the NOW KNOWN crime scene

5) AND SURPRISING THE OTHER GUY?

my lord! the suspension of reality and facts that the TM supporters do to make their RACE-BASED, revengeful and hateful POV is beyond normal!!

I very sincerely hope that 1) GZ is completely and totally exonerated and 2) he sues the living hell out of BOTH Sabrina and Tracy and MOST of their co-horts... INCLUDING REV TAWANA AND THE STATE'S PROSECUTORS!!!

Level 7

Location hidden

#27599 Jun 30, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> You keep mentioning social engineering You do know that is a democratic idea . Started with FDR and has since expanded mainly due to LBJ. Social engineering is and was a poor concept. Look at the criminal ridden slums. I think we can agree on this ,Blue
Gladly so, but by all means, let's get past the who did what where BS....It's a VERY IMPORTANT ONGOING EVENT....that all American's need to amend it....
higgans

Avon, IN

#27600 Jun 30, 2013
NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that he won't take the stand. So far most of the State's witnesses seem to support Zimmerman's story, not the thug wannabe. I am sure GZ took the advice of his attorney's when making the decision on the SYG, as he should take the advice of his attorney
I've missed much of the opeing witnesses: cops, ME, investigators (if any), BUT...

if the Def has the opportunity to get the cops that interviewed GZ TO TELL HIS VERSION, WHY SHOULD GZ TAKE THE STAND?

all the Def needs do is PRESENT ANOTHER REASONABLE explanation of what happened.

one that would seem to actually FIT THE FACTS AND TESTIMONY AND PHYSICAL EVEIDENCE (ME's report, etc...), why would GZ even NEED to take the Stand?

hey, even this Prosecutor KNOWS THAT!

think he also knows his career and credibility are seriously damaged after DeeDee's revelations?LOL
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#27601 Jun 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said repeatedly that I've lived in the same place almost 30 years, and I don't know all the streets within a half-mile of my house. I have no business on those streets and don't go down them, so how would I have them memorized?
Martin had stopped and starred at Zimmerman. He started to approach his truck, but then decided to run and that's when Zimmerman ran after him. In a short time and distance, Martin outran Zimmerman with no problem. But Martin was less than a hundred feet from where he lost Zimmerman when he was shot. How does that happen unless Martin waited for Zim to get off the phone?
Without any evidence whatsoever and being a male myself, I think that Martin's GF had something to do with this, or perhaps Martin felt dissed and needed to prove something while his GF was still on the phone.
I think that Zimmerman is not being totally honest about everything that took place that night. I believe that Martin and Zimmerman approached each other although Zimmerman only took a few steps towards Martin. But that still doesn't make him a murderer. I would look at more obvious evidence such as Martin's autopsy report and the fact Martin waited behind those houses instead of just running home.
So, TM is not allowed to check out what GZ was up to? Maybe TM wanted to a hero, too. Look good for Daddy-O. Get himself out of the doghouse. Maybe the phone reception was much better at the north end of the T. Maybe GZ is lying about his travels. IDK, neither do you.

But, you want to believe Zimmerman fell for the oldest trick in the book. Lure someone into a dark walkway with your white sneakers, khaki trousers and a BIG OLE BUTTON ON, yes, I said ON your sweatshirt and attack/ambush them. O-o-o-o-Ka-a-a-a.

No doubt now that TM did NOT remove his button and tuck it in his hoodie to be stealth.

Oh, wait, no, you believe that TM got the best of GZ and GZ had to shoot him. I would have believed that, too, if GZ had not broadcast this drugged-out, up to no good, something wrong with this KID to the world. I LOVE THE NEN CALL!!!!!

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#27602 Jun 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said repeatedly that I've lived in the same place almost 30 years, and I don't know all the streets within a half-mile of my house. I have no business on those streets and don't go down them, so how would I have them memorized?
Martin had stopped and starred at Zimmerman. He started to approach his truck, but then decided to run and that's when Zimmerman ran after him. In a short time and distance, Martin outran Zimmerman with no problem. But Martin was less than a hundred feet from where he lost Zimmerman when he was shot. How does that happen unless Martin waited for Zim to get off the phone?
Without any evidence whatsoever and being a male myself, I think that Martin's GF had something to do with this, or perhaps Martin felt dissed and needed to prove something while his GF was still on the phone.
I think that Zimmerman is not being totally honest about everything that took place that night. I believe that Martin and Zimmerman approached each other although Zimmerman only took a few steps towards Martin. But that still doesn't make him a murderer. I would look at more obvious evidence such as Martin's autopsy report and the fact Martin waited behind those houses instead of just running home.
And many posters have reminded you that there are only three streets in the entire community and Twin Tree's LN is the entry street which George would have driven on every time he entered or left the community.

Your life history is not a part of this case.
Truth Seeker

Tampa, FL

#27604 Jun 30, 2013
Trayvon Martin ran when Zimmerman was in his car because he was no able to size him up.

Remember at this time Trayvon described Zimmerman with a racial slur which would lead one to believe Trayvon Martin had racial hatred towards George Zimmerman.

One Zimmerman legally left his vehicle to keep a eye on Trayvon , Trayvon was able to size George Zimmerman up as shorter then himself, if he could hear him he may have thought he was "soft" or "meek" as others have described.

Remember Trayvon again refered to George Zimmerman with a racial aggressive slur two more times before Trayvon initiated verbal contact with George Zimmerman according to DeeDee's testimony.

Neither George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin were committing any crimes until Trayvon Martin decided to commit a racist assault on George Zimmerman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 59,472
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Incognito4Ever 1,382,931
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 12,648
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr HELL ON EARTH 513,240
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 3 hr realTopaz 25,557
Douche Bag Dias Skank Ho Anthony 8 hr Kyle 2
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) Tue Ken Burke 135
Has Casey Anthony Had Sex with Jose Baez (Jun '11) Tue bigjohnson321 159
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages