Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments
23,761 - 23,780 of 29,902 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 16

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
How childish
Not as childish as the one he was replying to.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

fabman wrote:
<quoted text> I will guess you are not the truth seeker from years ago on the casey anthony thread, yes/no?
You promised not to be back until there was a verdict, yet here you are.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
"maybe he won't have to"? He should WANT to take the stand and make his case if he's in the right! He should WANT to explain his side instead of sitting there daydreaming about lunch. He should get up there and make his donors proud, show the NRA and the KKK what a righteous gun owner does! lol
He had nothing to lose if it were a SYG situation and everything to gain. He murdered that kid in cold blood.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

wisdom usedhere wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less if Zimmerman is convicted or not. He'll have to stay in hiding just as Casey Anthony does.
On the streets or in prison he knows he'll always have a
Target on his back. On day he just might face a real stand your ground situation. Who knows ?
Wouldn't that be Karma at it's finest?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Florida Fatties wrote:
http://www.bing.com/images/sea rch?q=george+zimmernan%27s+foo d&go=&qs=n&form=QB IR&pq=george+zimmernan%27s +food&sc=0-19&sp=-1 &sk=#view=detail&id=B9 F4E5A0F24743A51E8F790C7C6B37E0 264DFD0A&selectedIndex=124
He and his wife need to find something with zero calories to drink along with their 2,000 a meal diet.
I read he gets almost 3,000 calories a day in his prison food and who knows how many more calories with all of his junk food? Root beer, cheese crackers,
popcorn, Jolly Ranchers, meat sticks, candy, and an orange. There were other items. That's just the tip of the iceberg. At what point will his heart collapse?
That's a big assumption, assuming he has a heart. LOL.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

Florida Fatties wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they make targets that large? Does he ever wish he had just gone to pick up his junk food at Target and he wouldn't be in jail now, spending his money on 4XXX underwear and undershirts. Let's figure how many calories he would need to main his 313 pound body and what size he would wear. Does anyone have this on file?
Did they have to install new seating to hold both his sister and his wife in the same section?
What size do you think they wear and can they share outfits?
Very good questions.

Does Florida State Prison issue muumuus?

“target pic of moty,he he he”

Level 4

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You promised not to be back until there was a verdict, yet here you are.
This thread is so lucky to have a watchdog as yourself to remind everyone who comes here as to what they said. I am so sorry to forget what I typed and I thank you so much for paying such close attention here and not missing anything......that must take alot of your time......I'm sorry and I will leave now

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say I had something against self defense? NRA is not about 'self defense' and neither is this case. It's one thing to defend your property, another to get a license to carry a weapon so that you may go out and create a reason to use it.
The NRA is part of our politics and that's what I have against it.
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA has a long history of promoting self defense. The NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in the United States.
"While African Americans were being terrorized by the KKK, where the Klan were sometimes aided by local law enforcement, the NRA setup charters to help train local African American communities to be able protect themselves. The most prominent case being in 1960 in Monroe, N.C. where the local National Association for the Advancement of Colored People head Robert Williams also chartered an NRA Rifle Club that successfully defended an assault on one of their leader's homes by the KKK without casualties"
Self Protection involves more then just protecting your property, it also involves your person and others around you.
Who do you believe is responsible for your self protection?
Did you read the post you replied to?
Lesson not Learned

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Judged:

I loved John Goods testimony.

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I'M supposed to look out for me, and it's my responsibility not to go places alone or places I know are dangerous. I don't need to carry a loaded gun at 7 in the evening.
Following your logic ,you would have to stay at home . Even then you have people like that clown in NJ doing home invasions. Tell me where is it safe anymore? You cannot go to the grocery store in some areas of the country. Thanks to the many Trayvons roaming the streets

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

NSBResident wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems that there was a fight before the gun was pulled out. Trayvon had 6.5" of height on GZ as well as apparently a liking for fighting according to his friend Rachel. Trayvon started the fight, not George, being ask by a resident of the community what he was doing. Trayvon matched the description: height, weight, race and manner of dress, of a burglar that was identified by two workmen that had been working in the area.
New name eh?

Same old lies though. The HOA president testified about the workmen identifying the daytime burglar who lived in the community and who was arrested. The HOA president also talked about the parking committee, and why it was that the SPD didn't provide routine patrols within the community.

George was 46 lbs heavier than Trayvon and 11 years older.

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> Following your logic ,you would have to stay at home . Even then you have people like that clown in NJ doing home invasions. Tell me where is it safe anymore? You cannot go to the grocery store in some areas of the country. Thanks to the many Trayvons roaming the streets
I think most of the ThugTray supporters DO stay home, and even the home invading Trayvon types know they don't have anything worth stealing. We're talking about people who have spent at least the last five years doing nothing but watching trials on TV and blathering on Topix about them. People who are STILL blathering about Casey Anthony, reading every little blurb about her, basically having no lives of their own. I picture them as wild-haired hoarders, living in squalor and filth because they spend all their time watching HLN and posting nonsense on Topix. They would inspire sympathy if they weren't so basically stupid (kind of like HoDeDe).

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Lesson not Learned wrote:
I loved John Goods testimony.
So did I. John heard none of the loud exchange that drew the the other neighbors to their windows and by the time he peeked out of his patio door the two figures were already on the ground. He got a seconds long glimpse before going back inside and being the 4th resident to call 911. Turns out that he didn't have to run upstairs for his phone...it was right there on the couch.

John Good is a reluctant witness who wanted nothing to do with this case. His wife is also on the witness list.

Interesting that so far only one of the residents near the T had a clue who George was having seen him at a homeowners meeting. Maybe he hadn't patrolled in that area it being on the opposite side of the community from where he lived.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have asked this from day one, why did Trayvon not just call the police if he was in fear. Trayvon himself tweeted once that " white people call the police and Black people call their cousin ".
How did that workout for him?
It's doubtful that Trayvon said that although it's certain that Chris Rock did.

If Trayvon had called 911 he would have been asked precisely where he was. Nice try. If DeeDee had called 911 she would have gotten a Miami area operator...try to imagine that conversation.

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good questions.
Does Florida State Prison issue muumuus?
LOL! GZ in a prison striped muumuu. Excellent visual.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because people forget. Some will get riled up--perhaps some violence. But that will be about it. Nobody holds a grudge forever. In four or five years, few will remember the name George Zimmerman and even less will care.
Some of THESE people (the topix "queens") will remember forever, and post about it daily forever. Fortunately, they spend all their time ranting about trials that have nothing to do with them and are only a danger to the unfortunate people who actually have to tolerate them in the real world. They won't be going after Mr. Zimmerman any more than they went after Casey Anthony when things didn't go the way they wanted them to in that case. The big difference is that Casey Anthony IS a murderer, George Zimmerman is just a guy who was forced to defend himself against a violent animal.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. I think that if Zimmerman is found not guilty, the pro-Martin people here will disappear like you've never seen. Some are doing it now to be honest. A few might come back and tell us "wait until the appeals court" but most will find something else to do.
I think this trial has to do with all of us indirectly. It's the pro-self-protection people against the anti-self-protection people, and this trial represents both of us; at least that's the way I look at this trail as a CCW holder in my state of Ohio. I don't want to fear the government if I have to legally use my firearm to stop a violent attack as Zimmerman had to, or defend my life against a person who is not supposed to have a firearm.
I also believe this trial will be a lesson to be learned by all Travon's in Florida. If you attack a man, you may end up shot and killed, and the law will be behind the victim who used his or her gun.
There can be no appeal by the prosecution. Only a defendant can appeal. When the jury finds Mr. Zimmerman not guilty, it is over. The only thing that can happen, and likely will, is that the incubator and sperm donor can file a civil suit for wrongful death. Since this whole thing started because they want to make money on the corpse of their spawn, it is very likely that Mr. Zimmerman will have to face a civil suit.

I agree that this trial has become about our right to defend ourselves. If Mr. Zimmerman were to be found guilty, it would mean that every one of us who believe in self-defense would be handicapped. It would set a precedent of "you can't defend yourself against an attacker", or "you have to be injured to a certain level before you're allowed to defend yourself", or some other ridiculous criteria. I find it amazing that there is anyone on earth who believes that it's okay for a thug to attack someone because they LOOKED AT HIM. I also find it amazing that people will actually make excuses for the hideous behavior of the Trayvons and the HoDeDe's of the world.

In any case, since the prosecution's witnesses are all supporting Mr. Zimmerman's account of the night in question, I don't think the jury will have to deliberate long before returning their "not guilty" verdict.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets hope so but not count our chickens. Remember these are all women and the thought of violence could enter their mind. The pro-Martin people are violent, and jurors have every right to fear for their lives by letting Zimmerman off. O'Mara wanted them to be anonymous for that reason, but of course, this jerk-off judge wouldn't allow that. She wanted those jurors to feel threatened.
Several of them own guns, and I believe that at least one has a permit to carry. When my husband I go to the range to practice, at least half of the people there are women. We have even more of a reason to be in favor of self defense with a weapon since men almost always have a significant size advantage over us. I think those women are hearing the testimony and will follow the law. Everyone in Seminole county is concerned about the possibility of violence after the verdict, but protests during the trial have been VERY minimal, not nearly what law enforcement anticipated, so perhaps we will be spared the riot that we feared. Of course, no one is going to Sanford, but most people never did. As long as the projects are there, Sanford will be the pimple on the butt of Seminole County.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Florida Fatties wrote:
Both Zimmerman and Taaffe had skirmishes with the law. People try to hold them out as heroes and they are both zeros. Then there is this strange thinking that if you are against Zimmerman and Taaffe that you must be on the other side. It's even more funny that people have concluded that George is "white" because his last name is Zimmerman.
The more I know about the Twin Retreat neighborhood, the more it seems that the tenants like Zimmerman and Taaffe were probably both renters there and not even home-owners. Some said that the people testifying now didn't even know who George was because he didn't even live on that side. He was behind the building where he didn't live (looking for a street sign). Trayvon was actually staying with someone who lived 70 yards away. Zimmerman was the one trespassing and loitering where he didn't live. He was in the wrong, but some will never see that. It was not an apt. complex. It was a town home community with some people owning their homes and some people renting.
If Zimmerman had minded his own business and worried about the side he lived on, he wouldn't have ruined his wife's life. Who was protecting her while her husband was trespassing and playing Billy Bad A s s somewhere he didn't even live?
Franks home was in foreclosure when this case went national, he bills himself as a real estate developer and I suspect business had not been good. He battered his wife and recently got a DUI in lake Mary, his mug shot can be googled. There were also so legal problems in Deland iirc. He's a big shot TV crime expert now lol. Nancy Grace say's, "Frank...I love ya but stop lying to me."

George was a job hopper often on unemployment, same with his missus. They had been renters for about three years.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. it had nothing to do with Travon hiding behind those houses waiting to pounce on Zimmerman. It was because he couldn't give police his exact location. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Odd that the juvenile wasn't hiding when George caught up to him, err, saw him standing on the sidewalk near the T.

How do you suppose that the two managed to get within arms length of each other?

I'm sure Trayvon knew he was at The Retreat at Twin Lakes neat the cut through between Twin Trees Lane and Retreat View Cir. LMAO. Recall that George, who'd lived in the community for 3 years was unable to explain where he was at and he had plenty of experience speaking to police dispatchers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••