Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29879 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

BoJangles

Seattle, WA

#27323 Jun 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Nope, I predict Zimmerman will walk.
The demand for blood from the left caused the prosecutor to charge Zimmerman with a crime that they cannot prove. They could have got him on a lesser charge, but it will be too late after the trial. Today's testimony by "prosecution" witnesses will set Zimmerman free.
I still can't understand how a man with a gun would be afraid of a kid.
I didn't see the trial today.

Anyhow it's gonna be 80 degrees up where you are tomorrow. I melted a bit today.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#27324 Jun 28, 2013
BoJangles wrote:
<quoted text>
'cause he wears a tie. LOL
And is white. And has a penis, however small.

Level 8

Location hidden

#27325 Jun 28, 2013
fabman wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NO! Zimmerman "whot" trayvon? Whot law was broken here?
I didn't correct my typo because I thought even idiots would understand it. Guess I was wrong.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#27326 Jun 28, 2013
BoJangles wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyhow it's gonna be 80 degrees up where you are tomorrow. I melted a bit today.
Then you never have owned a gun.

A gun does not turn you into Rambo. It is merely a tool that can help you to defend yourself, ideally.

For a gun to be effective it has to be drawn and ready to shoot.

Since you missed the trial the key points are that the PROSECUTION witnesses put Trayvon on top of Zimmerman beating the crap out of him. At this point self defense applies.

Unless they can prove that Zimmerman actively started the fight they have lost. Zimmerman does not seem to be the sort to attack someone who is bigger than him.

“target pic of moty,he he he”

Level 4

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#27327 Jun 28, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't correct my typo because I thought even idiots would understand it. Guess I was wrong.
I guess when I read things, I expect they are not from illiterate idiots, sorry. Please don't respond as I will not be back until the verdict is rendered.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Dundas, Canada

#27328 Jun 28, 2013
fabman wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess when I read things, I expect they are not from illiterate idiots, sorry. Please don't respond as I will not be back until the verdict is rendered.
Bye

Level 8

Location hidden

#27329 Jun 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you never have owned a gun.
A gun does not turn you into Rambo. It is merely a tool that can help you to defend yourself, ideally.
For a gun to be effective it has to be drawn and ready to shoot.
Since you missed the trial the key points are that the PROSECUTION witnesses put Trayvon on top of Zimmerman beating the crap out of him. At this point self defense applies.
Unless they can prove that Zimmerman actively started the fight they have lost. Zimmerman does not seem to be the sort to attack someone who is bigger than him.
Yes, the prosecution witness lied.

A gun certainly turned the yellow bellied Zimmerman into Rambo.

Zimmerman does not seem to be the sort to attack someone who can defend themselves. Instead, he felt free to attack an innocent kid.

Level 8

Location hidden

#27330 Jun 29, 2013
BoJangles wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't afraid. Otherwise he would not have followed, stalked, accosted and murdered an unarmed kid. His gun made him feel like a man in spite of his itsy bitsy teeny weenie wienie.

Level 8

Location hidden

#27331 Jun 29, 2013
fabman wrote:
<quoted text>
A typo doesn't translate into an illiterate idiot.

I hope you're not lying.
No you are

Fairfield, CT

#27335 Jun 29, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps, however, one thing you and wheels AKA Barefoot fail to understand. The prosecution must prove guilt, Zimmerman does not have to prove innocense.
No not perhaps. No credibility. You can't say one liar has no credibility and the other one does.

Of course I understand that. When did I say they had to prove innocence? I was pointing out your double standard.
The Truth

Charlottesville, VA

#27336 Jun 29, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
No not perhaps. No credibility. You can't say one liar has no credibility and the other one does.
Of course I understand that. When did I say they had to prove innocence? I was pointing out your double standard.
I have no double standard, I have never stated nor have I ever thought that Zimmerman is a bastian of great credibility, please quote where I have. What I have stated is that the burden of proof lies directly on the prosecution and they brought out their star witness, a fat, barely literate person who at times did not seem to know what a lie was or if she was telling the truth or a lie. I have no great admiration for George Zimmerman as I have seen his type many times and he is one of the problems that police departments see with the neighborhood watch groups. The police keep reminding these people that they are the eyes and ears of the community, however, for action they should call the police.

George Zimmerman might well be a little out there in his vision of his job as a Neighborhood Watch Captian, however, Travon Martin was a thug who lived with a belief in violence and unlawful acts as being the norm. He used intimidation and physical force to his advantage. Problem is that on that one day he met a person who was just bold enough to confront him and just scared enough to use lethal force when attacked by this young thug.
The Truth

Richmond, VA

#27337 Jun 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you did not correct your typo because, like most spooks, you thought nobody would have the guts to say anything about it.
A black brain is a black brain, no matter how small.
The Truth

Richmond, VA

#27338 Jun 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
And is white. And has a penis, however small.
YOu know something, you are quite funny and revealing. You seem interested in the size difference in a black penis and a white penis. One fact that you might also be interested in is that monkeys have a much larger penis in relationship with their body. I guess this indicates that the black race is further down the evolution ladder and closer to the monkey than the human.
PuffPuffPass

Hamilton, Canada

#27339 Jun 29, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
"You're mental faculties"???? YOU'RE nearly as illiterate as HoRachel. I've already let it be known that I have no tolerance for stupid. Run along now, and I'll give your worthless opinion all the consideration that it deserves.
I forgot to mention you are likely rabid..
PuffPuffPass

Hamilton, Canada

#27340 Jun 29, 2013
puffpuffpass wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye
Again, couldn't think up your own name nutsack? I know mines cool, but it fits me.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#27341 Jun 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
"•Feb. 2, 2012 -- Zimmerman reports a black “gentleman” walking around the neighborhood who keeps going up to a house and walking around the side, but Zimmerman says he does not want to approach the man"
Of course he didn't want to approach the MAN. But he didn't have a problem approaching a boy with his loaded gun.
Your constant lying about the facts....DO YOU EVER UPDATE THE LIES?

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Dundas, Canada

#27342 Jun 29, 2013
PuffPuffPass wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, couldn't think up your own name nutsack? I know mines cool, but it fits me.
I registered "My name" , gfy

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#27343 Jun 29, 2013
PuffPuffPass wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to mention you are likely rabid..
I pay no attention to people's choice of name most of the time. However, yours indicates that like ThugTray, you're a worthless stoner. That explains your barely functioning brain. Watch the video of dimwitted Rachel. She's a dope smoker, too. That's what happens to you losers who can't face life without getting high.

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#27344 Jun 29, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Clue for you, dimwit. I have no idea
That would have sufficed.
Florida Fatties

Spring, TX

#27345 Jun 29, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/13/geor...

George Zimmerman no longer has to worry about working.
He is in a single cell by himself.
He doesn't seem to care as long as he has commissary privileges to buy
playing cards, Jolly Ranchers, chips, soda, the works.

The trial is excruciatingly boring. The only thing that was of any interest was the the P.A. said George was attending MMA or Mixed Martial Arts three times a week before he killed Trayvon. I don't know what level George was, but apparently he still needed a gun to make himself feel safe while grocery shopping. It is also interesting that instead of saying Zimmerman shot and killed a kid, the verbiage reads as if he merely shot a kid in self defense.

I can understand that he needed to defend himself, but was it necessary to KILL the kid? Where was his trusty Rottweiler that night? I can understand that the burglaries polarized the community, but they didn't do anything like install alarm systems, improve lighting, install video cameras, etc.

It is doubtful anything that anyone had in that low-level mostly rental community was worth killing a kid over. Z had some patio furniture go missing and allegedly a bicycle too. If you have renter's insurance or homeowner's insurance, that should be covered. He was a renter, so he would have needed renter's insurance which is mandatory in some places.

Florida has proven with this trial that there are many people there who need more education and also fitness/weight loss programs. George was obese and then gained over 100 lbs. His solution is to buy more beef sticks, chips, soda, and candy from the commissary and then purchase larger items from the commissary. He can get up to a 4XXX which he is probably currently wearing. No one sees this is a problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Tinka 1,261,994
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 min RealBenjam in 501,347
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 2 hr Doug77 12,712
The alphabet (Jun '06) 2 hr Doug77 1,390
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 3 hr Lexus1985 2,816
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr Milee 72,415
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 4 hr Milee 18,320
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages