Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#27078 Jun 25, 2013
Zimmerman Trial Day 2 – Analysis of State’s Witnesses
Posted by Andrew Branca
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 9:04pm

Today can only be characterized as an utter debacle for the prosecution in Florida v. Zimmerman. Besides the testimony of a couple of highly professional law enforcement witnesses, the testimony of the the other State witnesses ranged from signing George Zimmerman’s praises, to acknowledging the utility of following a suspicious person from a distance, to being utterly discredited by razor sharp cross-examination of the defense.

Before we even get to the disaster that was the State’s witnesses, however, we first have to discuss this morning’s hearing and the extent to which it evanescent is the State’s case against George Zimmerman.

State: Zimmerman Is So Good, He Must Be Bad

Following on a disagreement between the parties yesterday, before the jury was seated the Court held a hearing on whether to admit into evidence a half-dozen or so calls made by Zimmerman to the police in the six months leading up to the shooting. In each of the calls Zimmerman was playing the diligent Neighborhood Watch role, calling the non-emergency number (as trained) to report a suspicious person in the neighborhood. There is not the slightest suggestion of misconduct, ill will, hatred, etc. in any of the recordings.

http://legalinsurrection.com/

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#27079 Jun 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
Wonder if Zimmerman gets it now? He is not a cop and had no right to shoot an unarmed innocent kid.
It doesn't matter what what he thought in his drugged mind that Trayvon might have been up to. He should have waited for the real police, the trained police. He should not have shot an unarmed boy in cold blood.
From your lips to God's ears.

If GZ believes this was "all a part of God's plan", then let the truth shine brightly in that courtroom, and in Tallahassee.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#27080 Jun 25, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought, as his defense strategy, he plead not guilty and is holding the State to their burden of proof.
When did that change? Isn't that why he didn't ask for a stand your ground hearing?
He isn't, at this time, claiming SYG, but straight self defense. He has admitted shooting Trayvon so that point is not in dispute. He is claiming he shot him in self defense. That is an affirmative defense.

Hard to see how he can claim that without testifying. I can't see O'Mara allowing him to testify, since he has several versions of what happened and he lied to the court earlier about his finances.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#27082 Jun 26, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked a simple question.
Apparently gun advocates never stop and think that it can also work the other way.
Bad laws apply equally to all! You might not like people like me who fight for everyone's rights, but people like me do have everyone's best interests at heart when we advocate for equality across the board.
Even for the worst of the worst....even for people like you who wouldn't shed a tear (according to you) if your child or family member died under the same scenario as in the tragic case of Trayvon Martin.
Funny thing is, I notice GZ seems to share this same lack of compassion for a child's death......even if he feels no responsibility for taking it.
I never said that I wouldn't shed a tear. I said that along with my grief, I would be ashamed and mortified that I had done such a piss poor job of raising my child that he would be killed while committing a violent crime. If I were Sybrina the incubator, I would have been apologizing to George Zimmerman for my son's violent attack, not trying to make money on it. Of course I would grieve for my child (and there is NO evidence that either ThugTray's sperm donor or incubator have grieved-they've been too busy putting their ugly mugs on TV, traveling the world on someone else's money, and begging for more money), but I would also recognize that my kid caused his own death, and that his behavior was at the end of the day, MY FAULT. And yes, I'm an advocate for self defense. If George Zimmerman hadn't been armed that night, he'd be dead, yet another victim of a violent kid........and we never would have heard any more than a blurb on TV about it. No big deal when a dirty thug kills someone for no reason, just a normal day in Sanford.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#27083 Jun 26, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no business talking to me like this and you sure as hell have no business talking your sick trash about the parents of Trayvon Martin!
Shame, shame, shame on you.
TROLL, pot stirrer, that you are.... you have pushed it far beyond the bounds of decency.
Excuse me while I barf!
The sperm donor and the incubator were not "parents" to ThugTray except in the biological sense. PARENTS would have been addressing the FACT that he was a violent, out-of-control juvenile delinquent. A PARENT would have been home making the little dirtbag study his school books, not out hanging in a bar with the slut-o-the-month. A PARENT would have been out searching the streets when his 17 year old didn't come home all night, not blithely taking the slut-0-the-month to bed. A PARENT wouldn't have sent her deeply in trouble kid a couple of hundred miles away to stay with his sperm donor who she had to know was totally irresponsible. A PARENT would be crying REAL tears, not trying to fake it and leaving the courtroom in obviously rehearsed and coached "distress". But again, you think it's normal for a skankpig to kill her kid, then go get a tattoo and party for a month..........I'll give your opinion all the consideration that it deserves, which is exactly NONE. Go back to the skankpig thread, the other two stooges no doubt miss you.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#27084 Jun 26, 2013
Wonder if Tracy Martin is getting better at bursting into tears and running outta the courtroom, without direction from Ben Crump?.....Remember, this is the same dad, that went to sleep with the girlfriend, knowing his son was missing.....
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#27085 Jun 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
From YOUR site:
"Now every general rule has its exceptions; which is a good thing because if that was not the case, lawyers like myself would not have much to do. If you pose an immediate threat to yourself or others, you can be involuntarily hospitalized. You may have heard someone say that an individual was "Baker acted", as it is often put, because he or she was depressed and feeling suicidal. Again, the issue centers on the individual's ability to make sound and reasonable choices, after rational and intelligent reflection on the risks and benefits of seeking treatment for a given condition. In circumstances in which an individual appears to be incapable of doing so, the law has gradually evolved to its current state, in which the freedom of will that we want individuals to be capable of exercising at all times, has been frayed at a bit at the corners."
YOU said no one can be forced to go to the hospital. YOU were wrong AGAIN.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#27086 Jun 26, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
ashamed and mortified that I had done such a piss poor job of raising my child
You did, just like your parents did with you.
tired of silly

Tavares, FL

#27087 Jun 26, 2013
My kids are alive, well, happy and successful. The incubator and the sperm donor's thugspawn is deader than a doornail, killed while committing a crime. I won't hazard a guess as to what kind of garbage someone like you produced, but I'm willing to bet that they're lowlife scum since they were raised by an idiot. My parents did a fine job too. They raised a daughter who married a wonderful man, has been happily married for 35+ years, had 3 beautiful children, none of whom have ever been in the kind of trouble that ThugTray Martin was in constantly, a daughter who holds an advanced degree and a challenging and worthwhile professional position......yeah, mom and dad did okay. Then there's you people.........the ones who think that being suspended from school is "normal". The ones who think that putting filth, references to drugs, and vulgarities about girls on social networking is "just teen behavior". The ones who think that parenting means going to bed with your shack-up slut instead of looking for your kid who didn't come home. Yeah I bet you're mom of the year.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#27088 Jun 26, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
My parents did a fine job too. They raised a daughter who married a wonderful man, has been happily married for 35+ years, had 3 beautiful children a daughter who holds an advanced degree and a challenging and worthwhile professional position
Your sister sounds great.
higgans

Avon, IN

#27090 Jun 26, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Zimmerman Trial Day 2 – Analysis of State’s Witnesses
Posted by Andrew Branca
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 9:04pm
Today can only be characterized as an utter debacle for the prosecution in Florida v. Zimmerman. Besides the testimony of a couple of highly professional law enforcement witnesses, the testimony of the the other State witnesses ranged from signing George Zimmerman’s praises, to acknowledging the utility of following a suspicious person from a distance, to being utterly discredited by razor sharp cross-examination of the defense.
Before we even get to the disaster that was the State’s witnesses, however, we first have to discuss this morning’s hearing and the extent to which it evanescent is the State’s case against George Zimmerman.
State: Zimmerman Is So Good, He Must Be Bad
Following on a disagreement between the parties yesterday, before the jury was seated the Court held a hearing on whether to admit into evidence a half-dozen or so calls made by Zimmerman to the police in the six months leading up to the shooting. In each of the calls Zimmerman was playing the diligent Neighborhood Watch role, calling the non-emergency number (as trained) to report a suspicious person in the neighborhood. There is not the slightest suggestion of misconduct, ill will, hatred, etc. in any of the recordings.
http://legalinsurrection.com/
is it jus me, or, is the Prosecution REALLY leading his witnesses?

geeze, if they got EVIDENCE, Let them tell it IN THEIR OWN WORDS.

I am no lawyer, but I think the Defense, IF needed (and today, who knows!), already has gronds for Appeal... many times over.

I guess the way the P LEADS his witnesses just makes further PROOF the State HAS NO CASE.

or, very stoopid and IN-articulate witnesses!

did you (or any one else) see the look on O'Mara's face when the first civilian wit stated the State prepped her WITH HER SISTER PRESENT? priceless!!LOL

this last wit comparing adult GZ with pictures of 14 yr old TM!! again, PRICELESS!

and ANOTHER case of 'massaged' testimony by the State (wit's giving evidence in Court they NEVER reported before!!)... PRICE-LESSSSSS!

poor George.... Geo Washington and the depth to which the Counry he Fathered has fallen.

is this trial a relection of 21st century America or just the opposite?

poor us....

Level 3

Since: Aug 11

topic

#27091 Jun 26, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
My kids are alive, well, happy and successful. The incubator and the sperm donor's thugspawn is deader than a doornail, killed while committing a crime. I won't hazard a guess as to what kind of garbage someone like you produced, but I'm willing to bet that they're lowlife scum since they were raised by an idiot. My parents did a fine job too. They raised a daughter who married a wonderful man, has been happily married for 35+ years, had 3 beautiful children, none of whom have ever been in the kind of trouble that ThugTray Martin was in constantly, a daughter who holds an advanced degree and a challenging and worthwhile professional position......yeah, mom and dad did okay. Then there's you people.........the ones who think that being suspended from school is "normal". The ones who think that putting filth, references to drugs, and vulgarities about girls on social networking is "just teen behavior". The ones who think that parenting means going to bed with your shack-up slut instead of looking for your kid who didn't come home. Yeah I bet you're mom of the year.

I find it very hard to believe that a parent could be proud of a a kid who's a filthy mouth racist. Unless they are the same foul mouth type! I don't see where you come off as thinking your parents did such a fine job with a mouth as bad as yours" -- I've read many of your posts and recognize them under any sock you use.

Ever wonder why SOME PEOPLE feel the need to brag how wonderful they are -- what good parents they are -- how great their kids turned out.(And post it over and over and over)

Like the sayings goes "Who are you trying to convince" or "who do you think your fooling...
tired of silly

Tavares, FL

#27094 Jun 26, 2013
wisdom usedhere wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it very hard to believe that a parent could be proud of a a kid who's a filthy mouth racist. Unless they are the same foul mouth type! I don't see where you come off as thinking your parents did such a fine job with a mouth as bad as yours" -- I've read many of your posts and recognize them under any sock you use.
Ever wonder why SOME PEOPLE feel the need to brag how wonderful they are -- what good parents they are -- how great their kids turned out.(And post it over and over and over)
Like the sayings goes "Who are you trying to convince" or "who do you think your fooling...
You're (please note the CORRECT use of the word unlike YOUR illiterate blathering) an idiot. I post under ONE name. You can pretend that I use others, but it isn't true. You can pretend I'm racist because I despise violent animals. You can pretend anything you want. Scumbags like you and Spazz have attacked my children, my husband and even my parents.....just as you think George Zimmerman should have let that filthy ape kill him, you think people have to take your abuse. You're wrong. Some people WIll fight back, whether it's verbal/written slander and lies from trash on a message board or a physical attack in an apartment complex. Some of us don't take garbage from GARBAGE.
tired of silly

Tavares, FL

#27095 Jun 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Wonder if Tracy Martin is getting better at bursting into tears and running outta the courtroom, without direction from Ben Crump?.....Remember, this is the same dad, that went to sleep with the girlfriend, knowing his son was missing.....
He's cryin' cause he has to hang out with his dog-ugly ex-wife instead of finding his baby-mama-of-the-month.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#27096 Jun 26, 2013
LMAO...DeeDee is whipping Don West's azz at "rope a dope."

Here are the two important parts of this testimony;

From DeeDee...that Trayvon was talking to her from under the canape at the mailin place aka the mailboxes.

From West...bless his heart, that the final call between her and Martin ended at just past 7:15 PM which means that she "was indeed" speaking to Martin during the time that the neighbors were hearing loud voices.

She's been a much better witness that I expected her to be and as I guessed earlier on this thread her heritage is Haitian meaning that she was likely raised in an illiterate household.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#27097 Jun 26, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
LMAO...DeeDee is whipping Don West's azz at "rope a dope."
Here are the two important parts of this testimony;
From DeeDee...that Trayvon was talking to her from under the canape at the mailin place aka the mailboxes.
From West...bless his heart, that the final call between her and Martin ended at just past 7:15 PM which means that she "was indeed" speaking to Martin during the time that the neighbors were hearing loud voices.
She's been a much better witness that I expected her to be and as I guessed earlier on this thread her heritage is Haitian meaning that she was likely raised in an illiterate household.
Her version def does not matches GZ version. Did she come across as believable and truthful?

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#27098 Jun 26, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Her version def does not matches GZ version. Did she come across as believable and truthful?
I'm not going that far but her testimony tidied up a couple of loose strings.

The final call time of course matches up almost perfectly with what was happening at The Retreat with the loud voices etc.

And the "mailin place" is a place that Martin could have ducked into, out of the rain, in order to wait out the stranger in the expensive Honda Ridgeline pickup with factory installed privacy glass that's difficult to see into in daylight hours and impossible to see into in darkness.

I promise you that the jury is loving every minute of this witness's testimony.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#27099 Jun 26, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going that far but her testimony tidied up a couple of loose strings.
The final call time of course matches up almost perfectly with what was happening at The Retreat with the loud voices etc.
And the "mailin place" is a place that Martin could have ducked into, out of the rain, in order to wait out the stranger in the expensive Honda Ridgeline pickup with factory installed privacy glass that's difficult to see into in daylight hours and impossible to see into in darkness.
I promise you that the jury is loving every minute of this witness's testimony.
OK Thanks, I hope they can see past her poor speaking skills and irritation with West.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#27100 Jun 26, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Thanks, I hope they can see past her poor speaking skills and irritation with West.
I don't understand what West is going for here...she's a liar...she's lied from very early on, to Crump, to Sybrina, to LE and to the media. Still her phone minutes confirm that she was on the phone with Trayvon while he was being followed by a stranger and during the beginning of the confrontation. She also introduces the mail kiosk into the equation leading to why George's truck was facing in a direction that doesn't match up with any of his various statements.

The unflappable Don West just got his azz flapped around pretty good.

DeeDee might spend the evening in the slammer.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#27101 Jun 26, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying you'd be fine if you had a family member killed, given the exact same set of circumstances as are in this case.
You keep forgetting he lies when he blinks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min RoxLo 1,507,963
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 28 min Murphey_Law 513,016
Run the homeless out of Orlando! 1 hr ANONYMOUS 1
3 word game (Jan '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 14,266
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 19,609
two words (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 28,125
"word game" six word sentence (last letters) 4 hr Doobie Time 191

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages