Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#26328 Jun 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>FACTS OF LIFE: "underage teens don't always make good decisions".....and, not everybody get's to graduate......seek more evidence knowledge, so you don't look, so silly......
I didn't realize this thread was filled with kid haters. Reading posts from kid haters isn't going to give me more knowledge. Martin was a teenager who never got a chance to graduate because he was mowed down by a neighborhood vigilante with a bad attitude and a 9 mm handgun. Z-man should have stuck to his job at Target and his community college classes. He would have made a horrible cop, probably a dirty cop and now he won't get that chance. One less overzealous cop on the force.

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#26329 Jun 17, 2013
White Girl Problems wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/04/05/trayvon-martin-wron gful-death-suit_n_3022300.html
Martin was walking back to his dad's townhouse. How is that a crime?
Citing HuffPo? What a fair and balanced news source. NOT.

Huffington Post and other rags like it are made popular by idiots who need other people to tell them how to think. Hence the phrase 'Low Information Voter'. You could be the standard-bearer for morons who fall under that descriptive category.
White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#26330 Jun 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame the only one with the ARREST RECORD for violence would be the fat pedophile thug named zimmerman who molested his cousin when she was six years old and beat up on his girl friend and had to to go through drug rehab to get out of a felony conviction.
I know, bigot: he's white and that's what counts.
Where can I fact check this?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#26331 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
That was between the school, Martin's parents and Martin. BTW, Martin did not have a juvenile record.
You don't know that...as in Florida, juvenile records are sealed.....more and more, that you don't know....
White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#26332 Jun 17, 2013
Zimmerman was reportedly charged with assault on a police officer in 2005, when he was 21, after a scuffle with police over the arrest of one of his friends for underage drinking in a local bar. He accepted a pre-trial diversion that kept him from being convicted of a felony an outcome that might have prevented him from receiving a permit to carry a gun.

(If Zimmerman had been charged with a felony then, he wouldn't have been able to pass the background check and wouldn't have had a 9 mm. How was it that he was able to get to his 9 mm weapon and fire on the kid?
White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#26334 Jun 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know that...as in Florida, juvenile records are sealed.....more and more, that you don't know....
Also on Monday, authorities confirmed to the Associated Press that Martin did not have a juvenile offender record.

cbs news - source

Level 9

Location hidden

#26335 Jun 17, 2013
Zimmerman was reportedly charged with assault on a police officer in 2005, when he was 21, after a scuffle with police over the arrest of one of his friends for underage drinking in a local bar. He accepted a pre-trial diversion that kept him from being convicted of a felony an outcome that might have prevented him from receiving a permit to carry a gun.
(If Zimmerman had been charged with a felony then, he wouldn't have been able to pass the background check and wouldn't have had a 9 mm. How was it that he was able to get to his 9 mm weapon and fire on the kid?
You myopic gutterslut. How about you wonder where Trayvon got the gun that he was brandishing in the Facebook photos? I'd bet a million dollars that it is an illegal handgun. And even if it WAS registered to someone, what was he doing with it? I don't know about Florida law, but in my neck of the woods, allowing a minor access to firearms is a serious crime. But NOOO, Tray-Tray was as innocent as the driven snow, as new-mown grass, as a thistle on the wind. Why? Because CNN said so, right?
White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#26336 Jun 17, 2013
Trayvon Martin was unarmed when he was killed by George Zimmerman. I will try to keep my sentences simple so the senior center posters can comprehend.
White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#26337 Jun 17, 2013

911 Call made by someone who lived in Twin Retreat and was upstairs. I guess the 911 dispatcher thought the caller should go outside to investigate.
Florida: the Stupid State
White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#26338 Jun 17, 2013
Today's senior center word:

Unarmed

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#26339 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
What kind of gun did he shoot him with and why did he have to shoot him in the heart?
He shot him in the heart because he had plenty of time to take aim while Trayvon was begging for his life. Because he is a murderer.
White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#26340 Jun 17, 2013

Level 8

Location hidden

#26341 Jun 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know that...as in Florida, juvenile records are sealed.....more and more, that you don't know....
There is a lot you don't know, obviously.

Juvenile records can be unsealed at the judge's discretion.

Don't you remember O'Mara couldn't get his juvenile records unsealed because HE HAD NO JUVENILE RECORD.
White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#26342 Jun 17, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>He shot him in the heart because he had plenty of time to take aim while Trayvon was begging for his life. Because he is a murderer.
I listened to the 911 Call

The sick part is that Zimmerman said he was a black male in his teens. He knew he was a kid. The kid ran or walked away and Z-man said something like "these a $$ holes always get away"
He also tried to make the dispatcher think that Martin was armed and he wasn't.

I'll let the trial play out. This should be interesting.

Level 9

Location hidden

#26343 Jun 17, 2013
Trayvon Martin was unarmed when he was killed by George Zimmerman. I will try to keep my sentences simple so the senior center posters can comprehend.
Hey, queen of semantics:'Unarmed' does not mean 'unable to inflict serious harm on another person'; which he was doing by witness accounts. He could have acted like a human and answered any challenge with respect. He didn't have to resort to physical violence. But he did, and wound up dead. Boo-hoo.

Let's say you have a point and that he was innocent and got gunned down in cold blood.

Why don't you devote some of your righteous indignation at all of the black on black gun violence going on as we speak. The Zimmerman case is a non-story compared to the anarchy going on in 'urban' areas. But that's OK; it doesn't really matter if the savages are killing each other. Your beloved liberal media doesn't report it- so it must not exist. You are a slave to liberal media that tells weak minded sheep how to think and who to vote for. You are the worst kind of person: You are mentally lazy, you perceive yourself as superior because you think your opinion is more valid that those of others- all the while working through some narcissistic pseudo-intellect that has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

Level 8

Location hidden

#26344 Jun 17, 2013
night

He probably lied about his past felony charges that were pleaded out. He lied to the cops about it the night of the murder.

Level 8

Location hidden

#26345 Jun 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I listened to the 911 Call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zj7qEcD8R-8XX
The sick part is that Zimmerman said he was a black male in his teens. He knew he was a kid. The kid ran or walked away and Z-man said something like "these a $$ holes always get away"
He also tried to make the dispatcher think that Martin was armed and he wasn't.
I'll let the trial play out. This should be interesting.
Early on Zimmerman wanted to talk to Trayvon's parents. They refused to speak with him.

So... when he was in court he stood up and addressed them. He told them he didn't know Trayvon's age and thought he was around the same age as him.

He lies a lot.

Level 8

Location hidden

#26346 Jun 17, 2013
"Defense attorneys are confident they can pick a jury in Sanford where Zimmerman fatally shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in a gated community last year. Zimmerman is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder, claiming self-defense."

What they are confident of is that they can get a jury biased in favor of Zimmerman.

Level 8

Location hidden

#26347 Jun 17, 2013
Charles R Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, queen of semantics:'Unarmed' does not mean 'unable to inflict serious harm on another person'; which he was doing by witness accounts. He could have acted like a human and answered any challenge with respect. He didn't have to resort to physical violence. But he did, and wound up dead. Boo-hoo.
Let's say you have a point and that he was innocent and got gunned down in cold blood.
Why don't you devote some of your righteous indignation at all of the black on black gun violence going on as we speak. The Zimmerman case is a non-story compared to the anarchy going on in 'urban' areas. But that's OK; it doesn't really matter if the savages are killing each other. Your beloved liberal media doesn't report it- so it must not exist. You are a slave to liberal media that tells weak minded sheep how to think and who to vote for. You are the worst kind of person: You are mentally lazy, you perceive yourself as superior because you think your opinion is more valid that those of others- all the while working through some narcissistic pseudo-intellect that has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.
Why don't you stop telling people what to do.

Your racist comment proves you are a hater and a bigot.

Looks like evolution left you behind.

Level 9

Location hidden

#26348 Jun 17, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you stop telling people what to do.
Your racist comment proves you are a hater and a bigot.
Looks like evolution left you behind.
What's racist about my comment? I did not mention anything that wasn't true. YOU assigned race to my comment. Are you a member of the new Gestapo aka the PC Police? My statement is accurate and to the point. Maybe it's not pleasant, but it's true. Black on Black crime is an epidemic and is snuffing out the lives of thousands of young people per year. And you think it's racist to point it out? I submit that YOU are the blatant racist for choosing to turn your back on it and refusing to discuss possible solutions. You would rather sit here and debate on whether Zimmerman is a racist while failing to recognize your own bias. And the whole Zimmerman case is about race; otherwise it would even be on our collective radar.

Oh, and the 'evolution' comment: How original!!!! I've never ever heard anything remotely like THAT insult. OOOHHH, I'm hurt!!!!
Wow, did you think that one up all by your lonesome? Please say yes so we can all give you a gold star and a cookie. Look folks: we are in the presence of a comedic genius who has worked my screen name into an attempt at flaming me?

Yeah- I've only seen THAT a hundred times before...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min smile n wave 1,602,863
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) 22 hr Angela 40
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sat Murphey_Law 513,687
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,518
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sep 22 LizW 73,841
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Sep 22 james52 244

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages