Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#26169 Jun 15, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me Dumbo, I was answering a question someone asked Tree Hugger.
Keep up Skippy, you continue to lag behind.
You know Zaz, when you're drinking this heavy, it might be a good idea to go back and look at what you posted before making totally incorrect comment like this.

“What goes around, comes around”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#26170 Jun 15, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cool.
I'll stand upwind while you stand by your excrement.
I noticed the fur flyin' over on the hungry child thread.
Are you trying to bond with Silly here?
Play pretty. LOL
Not that I have to explain to you, but I am not "trying to bond" with anyone. I disagree with her entirely over there, while except for the racist aspects, I agree with her here. I do think Trayvon was a street thug wannabee who decided he would bully someone who was making him feel uncomfortable, not realizing the man had a gun. Big mistake on his part.
Stand whereever you like while you defend the excrement of your own arguments. Just be careful not to step in it.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#26171 Jun 15, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I have to explain to you, but I am not "trying to bond" with anyone. I disagree with her entirely over there, while except for the racist aspects, I agree with her here. I do think Trayvon was a street thug wannabee who decided he would bully someone who was making him feel uncomfortable, not realizing the man had a gun. Big mistake on his part.
I kind of thought that the reason Martin waited for Zim is because he felt a little ashamed running away from him while on the phone with his girlfriend. Who knows? Maybe she egged him on somehow.

No matter who thinks what, two strange things cannot be denied: One, Martin waited right there behind the houses not even trying to go back home, and two, he stayed on the phone with his girlfriend the entire time. Why would somebody do that unless they wanted the party on the other end to hear what was going on?

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#26172 Jun 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of thought that the reason Martin waited for Zim is because he felt a little ashamed running away from him while on the phone with his girlfriend. Who knows? Maybe she egged him on somehow.
No matter who thinks what, two strange things cannot be denied: One, Martin waited right there behind the houses not even trying to go back home, and two, he stayed on the phone with his girlfriend the entire time. Why would somebody do that unless they wanted the party on the other end to hear what was going on?
Both of those things can be denied.

So far no one other than George knows precisely how he and Trayvon came to meet up at the scene of the scuffle and George has been dishonest, going quickly into cover up mode because he knew he was in real deep chit.

DeeDee was not on the phone the entire time.

Are you lying or are you really this stupid?

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#26173 Jun 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that makes sense. Would he want her to hear to show off beating up a white guy? She's a big piece to this puzzle, but how to get her to tell what she knows and what she heard? I think some words may have been exchanged between the two men that would sort this all out.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#26174 Jun 15, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Both of those things can be denied.
So far no one other than George knows precisely how he and Trayvon came to meet up at the scene of the scuffle and George has been dishonest, going quickly into cover up mode because he knew he was in real deep chit.
DeeDee was not on the phone the entire time.
Are you lying or are you really this stupid?
Are you so ignorant that you can't post one thing without your childish insults? A real reflection of single-partent upbringing I see.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#26175 Jun 15, 2013
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that makes sense. Would he want her to hear to show off beating up a white guy? She's a big piece to this puzzle, but how to get her to tell what she knows and what she heard? I think some words may have been exchanged between the two men that would sort this all out.
I don't know that any words would sort this out. I mean, even if Zim insulted Martin up and down, that's no reason to physically attack a person. In my opinion, there are few reasons to attack another person unless it's in self-defense.

His child molesting girlfriend is an out and out liar. First she lied about her age saying she was 16 on the night of the shooting when she was 18. Then she lied about being in the hospital during his funeral. How can anybody trust anything she says from here on in?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#26176 Jun 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a great man. I will say that by far, he's not a murderer. He was a man attacked by a violent animal and did what was needed to stop the attack.
Somebody should do a huge study, as to why so many have such a keen desire to automatically brand George as so guilty, even regardless of evidence?....Talk about racism, eh?.....

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#26177 Jun 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So if that is true, then the prosecution should welcome the chance at the jury seeing the exact scene where the shooting took place......... right?
It's not the prosecutor's decision. The judge makes those decisions.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#26178 Jun 15, 2013
Oasis wrote:
"The paperwork does not spell out when Zimmerman applied for the job, but it is not the first indication that he had an interest in police work."

How could the paperwork not spell out when he applied and was rejected? What the hell does that mean? Are there no dates on these forms?
I don't recall our forms having submission dates on them.

The approximate date would be determined by the circumstances (when he was old enough, his job references, when he left Manassis).

Level 5

Location hidden

#26179 Jun 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should do a huge study, as to why so many have such a keen desire to automatically brand George as so guilty, even regardless of evidence?..
Someone should do a study, how many of the pedophile's supporters would still be there if zimmerman was black.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#26181 Jun 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should do a huge study, as to why so many have such a keen desire to automatically brand George as so guilty, even regardless of evidence?....Talk about racism, eh?.....
I say this to you not to be insulting, but because it's the truth. I consider you a DINO (Democrat In Name Only) and find many of your views very conservative.

But true liberals (not you) are renown for siding with evil. Many of them hate our military, hate our police, and hate authority. They protest executing an animal that raped and killed a woman and your two young daughters, but enjoy the liberty of killing off their own innocent babies who did nothing wrong.

Taking guns our of our society would promote evil and more victimization. Allowing people to defend themselves stops evil and promotes self-reliance. So it's really not a wonder why they hate Zimmerman. By carrying his firearm, he made sure he was not about to become a victim; the same reason I carry my firearm. True liberals hate that. In their minds. we should not be allowed to protect ourselves. We should depend on government to protect us.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#26182 Jun 15, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the prosecutor's decision. The judge makes those decisions.
I see. So what you're saying is the prosecution didn't object to that? That their objection didn't have some influence on the judges decision? I don't know about that. Do you really believe that if both parties wanted to take the jury to the scene, the judge would have still forbade it?

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#26183 Jun 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that any words would sort this out. I mean, even if Zim insulted Martin up and down, that's no reason to physically attack a person. In my opinion, there are few reasons to attack another person unless it's in self-defense.
His child molesting girlfriend is an out and out liar. First she lied about her age saying she was 16 on the night of the shooting when she was 18. Then she lied about being in the hospital during his funeral. How can anybody trust anything she says from here on in?
Crump said Dee Dee was 16, so if she lied at all she lied to Crump. She lied to Sybrina about not going to the funeral, bfd.

Zimmerman lied to law enforcement, several times.

DeeDee is a poor witness at best due to her distance from Sanford and lack of familiarity of the scene. She doesn't appear to be very bright either.

Trayvon's phone was found where?

The ear jack was found where?

Sanford PD said at one point that the phone was locked and they needed the password to get in. That statement may not have been true btw.

In any event the minutes will tell the story.

Level 5

Location hidden

#26185 Jun 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Many of them hate our military, hate our police, and hate authority..
Of course, the anti government herd run with the tea party.

Your crowd.

Funny how they cry about big government but they are too humble when it comes time to cash their government checks.

Funny how your heroes are pedophiles - David Keresh... George Zimmerman...

Level 7

Location hidden

#26186 Jun 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone should do a study, how many of the pedophile's supporters would still be there if zimmerman was black.
If they were both black, we would'nt give a shit.....

Level 7

Location hidden

#26187 Jun 15, 2013
...both white, as well.....

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#26188 Jun 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody should do a huge study, as to why so many have such a keen desire to automatically brand George as so guilty, even regardless of evidence?....Talk about racism, eh?.....
Someone did and learned that the blacks and Hispanics questioned think Zimmerman should have been arrested right away while the whites think that George is innocent.

Problem is that in many states, George would have been arrested immediately.

It's about race and it's about the second amendment.

Level 5

Location hidden

#26189 Jun 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
By carrying his firearm, he made sure he was not about to become a victim.
By carrying a weapon, the pedophile zimmerman could pretend he could be a police man.

And pretending to be a police man was as close he could be to being a cop.

And the pedophile was pretending to be a cop when he tried to bully the Martin boy.

When he decided he would hold the Martin boy so he could show off to the local PD.

Level 4

Ocala, FL

#26190 Jun 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree about the self defense. And of course, if his girlfriend knows anything that would show Trayvoon at fault in his own death, it is more than doubtful she'd ever tell.

It will be interesting to see how this trial plays out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min VetnorsGate 1,762,533
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr T-REX 518,176
News Amazon Teams Up With Law Enforcement to Deploy ... 5 hr Geezer 10
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 6 hr Murph 74,167
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr INTO FARTS 64,687
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) Thu Princess Hey 13,221
News Leader of Orlando-area motorcycle club assaulte... (Nov '07) May 23 Conway Twitter 772

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages