Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#25564 May 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming three different judges are all prejudiced sounds a bit like paranoia, or failure to accept reality. Or both.
Reality is the first judge recused herself because of conflict and the second one was ordered out by the 5DCA because of bias/prejudice....any questions?
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#25565 May 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....... the only two injuries on Martin was of course the bullet wound, and a scraped knuckle consistent with hitting somebody or something. But no injuries indicating he'd been attacked or even struck by anybody.
I don't see how Zimmerman's DNA would have been all over Martin when the only contact between the two was Martins fist and Zimmerman's face.
If you and I shook hands, our DNA would be transfered to one another, it's that easy.

GZ said that TM was sitting on top of him, holding his head and smashing it into the concrete. At the very least TM DNA should have been on GZ head, GZ DNA should have been on TM hands and under his nails. It wasn't.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...

Are you saying all that TM did was punch GZ? Interesting.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#25566 May 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the evidence? The multiple injuries Zimmerman sustained and not a scratch on Martin. That's my evidence.
Eye witnesses that have the pedophile putting himself in front of Martin and starting the confrontation after being told to wait for the cops, that is the state of Florida's evidence.

And we all know the pedophile has been caught in a big lie to the state of Florida.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#25567 May 30, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Mr. Zimmerman an on duty police officer? No, I don't think he was. He was merely a concerned citizen trying to protect his neighborhood from burglaries committed by ghetto rats.
We all know the pedophile druggie zimmerman was concerned about people with black skin coming into his neighborhood.

Acting all uppidity, as if they had the same rights to be walking around like he had.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#25568 May 30, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and I shook hands, our DNA would be transfered to one another, it's that easy.
GZ said that TM was sitting on top of him, holding his head and smashing it into the concrete. At the very least TM DNA should have been on GZ head, GZ DNA should have been on TM hands and under his nails. It wasn't.
Bet GZ's DNA was allover the sidewalk?.....
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#25569 May 30, 2013
Tomorrows hearing scheduled for 1:30 has been canceled...news organizations will not argue photographing of jurors.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#25570 May 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Bet GZ's DNA was allover the sidewalk?.....
One local high ranking LEO said that he'd never heard of a shooting scene shut down so quickly. The SPD took a few photos, talked briefly with a few neighbors, pulled down the crime scene tape and left the area.

It was raining off and on but apparently no attempt was made to preserve any evidence at the scene.

It appears that the SPD quickly became convinced that George had shot a local thug/burgler, too bad so sad,case closed.
spike

Royal Oak, MI

#25571 May 30, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Mr. Zimmerman an on duty police officer? No, I don't think he was. He was merely a concerned citizen trying to protect his neighborhood from burglaries committed by ghetto rats. Well little ThugTray won't be stealing any more jewelry, will he? The incubator probably sold his gold grill before he was in the ground, too. Gotta make all the pennies she can off the dead thugboy. No matter what happens to Mr. Zimmerman in the trial, I hope he realizes that he did a community service by taking out the TrayTrash.
Bravo!
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#25572 May 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Bet GZ's DNA was allover the sidewalk?.....
Hmmm maybe-we know it wasn't on TM and if GZ tale was true it would have been.
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#25573 May 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good question. I guess it's one of the reasons attorneys try to move high-profile cases out of the area.
Judges are politicians too. Like our other politicians, they pander to the polling:
April 23, 2012
Florida voters agree with decision to charge Zimmerman
"Raleigh, N.C.– A plurality of Florida voters agree with the decision to charge George Zimmerman with second-degree murder in the Trayvon Martin shooting, a new poll from Public Policy Polling finds. 49% of voters agree with the decision to charge Zimmerman, 25% disagree and 26% are’t sure. Voters aren’t sure whether he is guilty, though – 31% believe he’s guilty, 26% think he’s not guilty and 43% aren’t sure. Most voters don’t believe the shooting was motivated by racism – 45% say it wasn’t, 32% say it was and 23% aren’t sure. 46% of voters say Zimmerman can receive a fair trial, 37% believe he will not and 17% aren’t sure. Despite the controversy over the shooting, more Florida voters than not still support the “Stand Your Ground” law that allows citizens to use lethal force in the face of a perceived violent threat without having to retreat first. 42% support the law, 32% oppose it and 26% aren’t sure."
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/...
Although every case is different I wonder how she has ruled in the past. These days many judges don't put the victims past on trial, like a rape victim, how that person dresses, how many sexual partners they had etc, because it doesn't matter in the case.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#25574 May 30, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Although every case is different I wonder how she has ruled in the past. These days many judges don't put the victims past on trial, like a rape victim, how that person dresses, how many sexual partners they had etc, because it doesn't matter in the case.
There are several precedents that have been mentioned by the state along the way.

What this judge is saying is that George Zimmerman had no knowledge of Trayvon prior to spying the youth standing near Frank Taaffe's town home during the early evening of 2/26/12 so none of Martin's previous acts good bad or otherwise are relevant to George's mindset and decision to track and eventually report the youth to LE.

LOL, George told LE at one point that he was acquainted with every resident of The Retreat.

I wonder who the state will call on to testify first?
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#25575 May 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>There are several precedents that have been mentioned by the state along the way.
What this judge is saying is that George Zimmerman had no knowledge of Trayvon prior to spying the youth standing near Frank Taaffe's town home during the early evening of 2/26/12 so none of Martin's previous acts good bad or otherwise are relevant to George's mindset and decision to track and eventually report the youth to LE.
LOL, George told LE at one point that he was acquainted with every resident of The Retreat.
Exactly.

George was quite the man in his own mind.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#25576 May 30, 2013
Zimmerman team raises thousands overnight

By Amanda Sloane
updated 12:24 PM EDT, Thu May 30, 2013

NEED TO KNOW

George Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012

Defense asked for donations after telling the public their bank account was running low

Big loss for Zimmerman defense: What's next?

O’Mara: Race has nothing to do with this case

George Zimmerman's attorneys say they raised more than $12,000 in the 24 hours after announcing their defense funds were running dangerously low. That figure, however, is only 10% of the $120,000 they originally requested.

They asked people to donate whatever they could, even if that's only $5 or $10. Zimmerman's defense lawyers say the biggest donation received after their plea was $500.

Zimmerman is accused of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012. He says he shot the teen in self-defense.

Read more: A bad day for Zimmerman

Many people wrote notes along with their donations, according to his defense team's website, saying things like they weren't sure of Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, but they felt he had the right to a fair trial.

Zimmerman's defense lawyers say they need the money to pay for experts and transcripts of depositions.

Jury selection for Zimmerman’s second-degree murder trial is scheduled to begin June 10.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#25577 May 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>There are several precedents that have been mentioned by the state along the way.
It's so nice to see someone discussing this without being racist and calling vulgar names.

Very good post, it covers the points well.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#25578 May 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
Zimmerman team raises thousands overnight
By Amanda Sloane
updated 12:24 PM EDT, Thu May 30, 2013
NEED TO KNOW
George Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012
Defense asked for donations after telling the public their bank account was running low
Big loss for Zimmerman defense: What's next?
O’Mara: Race has nothing to do with this case
George Zimmerman's attorneys say they raised more than $12,000 in the 24 hours after announcing their defense funds were running dangerously low. That figure, however, is only 10% of the $120,000 they originally requested.
They asked people to donate whatever they could, even if that's only $5 or $10. Zimmerman's defense lawyers say the biggest donation received after their plea was $500.
Zimmerman is accused of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012. He says he shot the teen in self-defense.
Read more: A bad day for Zimmerman
Many people wrote notes along with their donations, according to his defense team's website, saying things like they weren't sure of Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, but they felt he had the right to a fair trial.
Zimmerman's defense lawyers say they need the money to pay for experts and transcripts of depositions.
Jury selection for Zimmerman’s second-degree murder trial is scheduled to begin June 10.
Meanwhile, dozens of Central Florida 2 M and manslaughter cases have been settled on legal budgets miniscule by comparison including Tuesday's not guilty verdict in the College Park realtor case.

I'm wondering if O'Mara has taken a fairly simple case and blown it out of proportion for the purpose of self aggrandizement. Even his pal NeJame is stumbling as he tries to justify O'Mara's strategy and I can only imagine that his sidekick West is hated by judges far and near.

We'll learn soon enough.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#25579 May 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>One local high ranking LEO said that he'd never heard of a shooting scene shut down so quickly. The SPD took a few photos, talked briefly with a few neighbors, pulled down the crime scene tape and left the area.
It was raining off and on but apparently no attempt was made to preserve any evidence at the scene.
It appears that the SPD quickly became convinced that George had shot a local thug/burgler, too bad so sad,case closed.
They were correct except that the thug/burglar was not local, he was sent here because his incubator had had enough of his crap. The case should have STAYED closed, and would have if the incubator and sperm donor hadn't smelled money to be made on the corpse of their spawn.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Location hidden

#25580 May 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
ThugTray was not a resident of the community. He was a visitor to his daddy's shack-up's apartment. It is not surprising that Mr. Zimmerman didn't know the little dirtbag. The judge is failing to recognize that ThugTray's prior history of violence, drug use, and thug behaviors is EXTREMELY relevant because it shows his propensity to violence. He violently attacked Mr. Zimmerman for looking at his ugly face, and got a bullet instead of being able to kill Mr. Zimmerman as he thought he could. No problem. If the jury is made up of cowards who find him guilty due to fear of a ghetto ape uprising, the grounds for appeal are there even before the trial starts. It will mean more wasted taxpayer dollars, but eventually a jury will find Mr. Zimmerman not guilty and that will be the end of this ridiculous charade.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Location hidden

#25582 May 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile, dozens of Central Florida 2 M and manslaughter cases have been settled on legal budgets miniscule by comparison including Tuesday's not guilty verdict in the College Park realtor case.
I'm wondering if O'Mara has taken a fairly simple case and blown it out of proportion for the purpose of self aggrandizement. Even his pal NeJame is stumbling as he tries to justify O'Mara's strategy and I can only imagine that his sidekick West is hated by judges far and near.
We'll learn soon enough.
The people who blew this case out of proportion are the race baiters, the sperm donor and incubator, and the idiot "special prosecutor" who never even investigated, just prayed with the oh-so-sweet incubator who created the monster that was Trayvon. This is a simple case of self defense, and should never have been charged. MY tax dollars are being wasted on this charade, and I resent the hell out of it. While Seminole is a fairly wealthy county, we can't afford the waste of money that has resulted from the filing of bogus charges against a man who did nothing but defend himself from a violent animal, the crowd control needed to keep the ghetto apes in line at their "rallies", and the expense of a trial. The sperm donor and the incubator should have to make reparations to the county for every penny that is wasted on this travesty.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#25584 May 30, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does if the other side is trying to paint an exact opposite picture. The complicit MSM is doing their part as well. How many Travon stories have you read where they posted Martin's picture of what he really looked like before death? You have to dig deep and hard to find the most current one. The latest one they use these days is that black and white portrait of thug in his hoodie.

I doubt this judge has seen many high profile cases in her time, so how she ruled in the past is probably not relevant. The Florida poll I posted reflected polls across the country. She is leaning towards Martin from the start. After all, interviews and books have a larger price tag if the buyers are satisfied with the proceedings and guilty verdict.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#25585 May 30, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's as easy to transfer (and detect positively) DNA as you think. We will find out in court should prosecution bring it up which they likely will. But there are always two sides of the coin that columnists often leave out:

http://forensicdnaconsulting.wordpress.com/20...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min moshx 1,418,706
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr trixt 98,165
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Curiouser And Cur... 61,038
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 3 hr Wiley_Kyote 73,689
last post wins! (Jul '11) Thu Milee 5,970
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... Thu Fa-Foxy 198
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Wed T-REX 513,464

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages