Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments (Page 1,104)

Showing posts 22,061 - 22,080 of29,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

zazz wrote:
Zimmerthug wants a fair trial. Too bad Trayvon didn't receive one before his execution. Even after his execution the haters are crucifying him.
Now that's funny. This is the first execution case I've ever heard of where the executor was beaten up so badly first.

Glad to see that Zim's attorneys are on the ball. They don't want the other violent animals threatening jurors or their families.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
George Zimmerman wants jurors sequestered
SANFORD, Fla.
The man charged with fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin wants the jury at his murder trial to be sequestered and for jurors to be able to inspect the crime scene.
George Zimmerman's attorney filed a motion Thursday asking that jurors be kept in isolation during the trial and that their names and other personal information remain confidential because of the attention the case has received.
Defense attorney Mark O'Mara also filed a motion asking that jurors be allowed to inspect the gated community in Sanford, Fla., where Zimmerman fatally shot Martin during a confrontation last year.
O'Mara says the field trip will allow jurors to determine the reliability of witnesses.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder. He has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense. His trial starts next month.
Sequestering a jury of six plus alternates in a 2M trial is a joke. O'Mara is simply playing all the angles and I don't blame him because he's got a client who can't be trusted to testify openly and and honestly. For God's sake they had to take the guy out of courtroom and prep him on to answer a few simple questions about waiving SYG.

I hope they do take the jury to The Retreat and walk them through the entire event beginning at Frank T's condo all the way to the spot where the scuffle broke out just prior to the gunshot. In that way the jury too will be left wondering why on earth the Neighborhood Watch coordinator missed multiple opportunities to speak to the teen from the safety of his Honda Ridgeline truck rather that hide behind the factory privacy windows like some secret agent man.

And the state wants to depose Shellie about her role in the matter.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
Zimmerthug wants a fair trial. Too bad Trayvon didn't receive one before his execution. Even after his execution the haters are crucifying him.
Yeah, too bad he was'nt shot, while stealing all that woman's jewelry down in Miami.....

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, too bad he was'nt shot, while stealing all that woman's jewelry down in Miami.....
Dirtbag Blue shines through with his usual offering of BS.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, too bad he was'nt shot, while stealing all that woman's jewelry down in Miami.....
What a shame it is the pedophile zimmerman who was the actual arrest record.

His ugly fat lying wife is up next.

Popcorn?
baal627

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

OneRyder wrote:
Amazing, this guy was dying to find someone he could claim was a danger to his community. So he found a young black child, and made him out to be "suspicious acting"...so he shot the child.
The guy needs to face the full extent of the law.
And please, before those of you who want to take a political or racist stance on this issue, save it.
We all know that if this was your child, you...like myself, would be pressed to sit back and allow the cops to run this guy through the court system.
You and I both would be chomping at the bit to take justice into our own hands if this was our young child.
You need to face the death penalty and become electrocuted for your crimes against humanity
baal627

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

jenny623 wrote:
Zimmerman was mentally unstable, had a gun, and was a recipe for tragedy. That poor kid didn't stand a chance. I'm so sick of some people who defend Zimmerman, saying he felt threatened. How the heck does one feel threatened in one's vehicle with a loaded gun? Trayvon didn't even know George was watching him until he got out of his car to follow the kid. He probably scare the heck out of the poor guy, and then to shoot him twice. That's just beyond understanding.
you are sick
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

baal627 wrote:
<quoted text> you are sick
Not sick, but confused. They create their own version of what happened ignoring the obvious evidence. They can't look at this with an open mind and question themselves about their theories. Instead, make the story up in your mind and don't allow others to debate you. Then when Zim is set free, they will be aghast at the outcome.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sick, but confused.
Were you confused when you asserted that the pedophile zimmerman only followed Martin for ten seconds?

FUnny how I've asked you fifty times and you can't come up with an answer.

Pinocchio, you are a m/f c/s liar.
Mom2Five

Satellite Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Wow...Tough room full of name calling and bickering from all sides. Since the witnesses seem to be backing what Zimmerman said and you have to admit it took 5 minutes for every civil rights "opportunist" to come down here to Florida, whip up both sides and post pictures of Trayvon when he was 2 for sympathy...I'm not buying either side right now. Maybe we might want to actually see the facts before we start calling people racist or condemning either side? I worry when I see things like this because it just proves all the race baiting of the past several years is working and I thought this group was beyond all of that...sigh
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you confused when you asserted that the pedophile zimmerman only followed Martin for ten seconds?
FUnny how I've asked you fifty times and you can't come up with an answer.
Pinocchio, you are a m/f c/s liar.
Look everybody! It's my little puppy dog BareFool. BareFool is a full bred Troll Terrier. He follows me around wherever I go. He can't seem to help himself. I ignore him as much as possible, but that doesn't seem to work. He still follows my every post.

Bad doggie! Go away boy. Go back under your bridge where you belong and leave people alone.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Mom2Five wrote:
Wow...Tough room full of name calling and bickering from all sides. Since the witnesses seem to be backing what Zimmerman said
That's funny: the only witness that "backs" what the pedophile said happen is the pedophile himself who has already been caught lying to court that is going to try him.

Up next: the pedophile's ugly fat lying wife.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Look everybody! It's my little puppy dog BareFool. BareFool is a full bred Troll Terrier. He follows me around wherever I go. He can't seem to help himself. I ignore him as much as possible, but that doesn't seem to work. He still follows my every post.
Bad doggie! Go away boy. Go back under your bridge where you belong and leave people alone.
The evidence appears to be in Mr. Zimmerman's favor. Subtract the political angles and emotional conjecture from this case and it appears to be a clear case of self-defense, albeit a tragic one.

Despite media assertions to the contrary, the Florida Legislature clearly enacted Fla.Stat. 776.012, 776.013, 776.032 and 776.041 for very good reasons. This case appears to fall squarely into those statutory protections. I'm handling a similar case right now, and the Legislators' intent was to avoid such drawn-out torture for people who righteously defend themselves.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Mom2Five wrote:
Wow...Tough room full of name calling and bickering from all sides. Since the witnesses seem to be backing what Zimmerman said and you have to admit it took 5 minutes for every civil rights "opportunist" to come down here to Florida, whip up both sides and post pictures of Trayvon when he was 2 for sympathy...I'm not buying either side right now. Maybe we might want to actually see the facts before we start calling people racist or condemning either side? I worry when I see things like this because it just proves all the race baiting of the past several years is working and I thought this group was beyond all of that...sigh
The evidence appears to be in Mr. Zimmerman's favor. Subtract the political angles and emotional conjecture from this case and it appears to be a clear case of self-defense, albeit a tragic one.

Despite media assertions to the contrary, the Florida Legislature clearly enacted Fla.Stat. 776.012, 776.013, 776.032 and 776.041 for very good reasons. This case appears to fall squarely into those statutory protections. I'm handling a similar case right now, and the Legislators' intent was to avoid such drawn-out torture for people who righteously defend themselves.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I replied to the wrong post. I've no desire to engage in your private war(s).

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely....many keep speaking to Stand Your Ground, but i find this case, almost the definition of Self Defense......I'm also surprised this charade of the judicial system, has gone on this far.....political and social implications, notwitstanding.....

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I replied to the wrong post. I've no desire to engage in your private war(s).
Then what is your point? That you think Zimmerman was not a contributor to the outcome of the event and free from fault?

The case is going to a jury where it begs to be decided. Had George been arrested that evening, he would have lawyered up and we wouldn't be here opinionating about matters of race, the second amendment or the cost of peanut butter in Cleveland Ohio.

You were a cop and now you're a criminal lawyer...good for you. You then know that a certain federal agent interfered with the 'initial' investigation correct? You know that he was friends with the chief of police, acquainted with SA-18 and also a good friend to the defendant. Best friend supposedly and the one who taught George how to handle a shoot a weapon. And you know that no one in LE had a clue as to the identity or age of the deceased until hours after George was sent along no harm no foul.

Does any of that seem proper to you? It didn't seem proper to Pam Bondi did it?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Then what is your point? That you think Zimmerman was not a contributor to the outcome of the event and free from fault?
The case is going to a jury where it begs to be decided. Had George been arrested that evening, he would have lawyered up and we wouldn't be here opinionating about matters of race, the second amendment or the cost of peanut butter in Cleveland Ohio.
You were a cop and now you're a criminal lawyer...good for you. You then know that a certain federal agent interfered with the 'initial' investigation correct? You know that he was friends with the chief of police, acquainted with SA-18 and also a good friend to the defendant. Best friend supposedly and the one who taught George how to handle a shoot a weapon. And you know that no one in LE had a clue as to the identity or age of the deceased until hours after George was sent along no harm no foul.
Does any of that seem proper to you? It didn't seem proper to Pam Bondi did it?
You are doing nothing more than speculating. First, Zimmerman was arrested. I won't cite case law, but any significant deprivation of liberty--here, handcuffed and taken to the SPD--is an arrest, and the detective completed an arrest affidavit. Second, there is no evidence anyone interfered with the investigation. The detective called the SAO, was told he could not arrest Zimmerman due to the applicable FL statutes, and instead, filed an affidavit.

Having conducted homicide investigations, I see nothing wrong with the way this one was handled. Nothing at all. The SPD doesn't have a crystal ball, and Martin didn't have any ID. No one in the neighborhood recognized him, and there was no means of identifying him. Frankly, I'm unsure what you are insinuating beyond a general conspiracy theory, and I don't buy into those fantasies. It's like connecting me to Kevin Bacon: It can be done, but only through great leaps of "logic" and very tenuous associations.

I've seen many self defense cases, and this is one of the strongest. Zimmerman, in my opinion, is nothing more than a political cats-paw. There is very credible physical and medical evidence supporting his narrative, and none to support the State's case. It's naught but political football that should not be in our courts beyond a Stand Your Ground hearing, which a judge, not a jury, decides.

Level 4

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
You are doing nothing more than speculating. First, Zimmerman was arrested. I won't cite case law, but any significant deprivation of liberty--here, handcuffed and taken to the SPD--is an arrest, and the detective completed an arrest affidavit. Second, there is no evidence anyone interfered with the investigation. The detective called the SAO, was told he could not arrest Zimmerman due to the applicable FL statutes, and instead, filed an affidavit.
Having conducted homicide investigations, I see nothing wrong with the way this one was handled. Nothing at all. The SPD doesn't have a crystal ball, and Martin didn't have any ID. No one in the neighborhood recognized him, and there was no means of identifying him. Frankly, I'm unsure what you are insinuating beyond a general conspiracy theory, and I don't buy into those fantasies. It's like connecting me to Kevin Bacon: It can be done, but only through great leaps of "logic" and very tenuous associations.
I've seen many self defense cases, and this is one of the strongest. Zimmerman, in my opinion, is nothing more than a political cats-paw. There is very credible physical and medical evidence supporting his narrative, and none to support the State's case. It's naught but political football that should not be in our courts beyond a Stand Your Ground hearing, which a judge, not a jury, decides.
I hope that no one really thinks your for real........

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't they want a SYG hearing?

Why does O'Mara think it will be a tough case to win?

The medical evidence disputes his claim, it doesn't support it.

Are they paying you to defend Zimmerman on public blogs?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,061 - 22,080 of29,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min DBWriter 1,033,442
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 min BREND 478,204
two words (Jul '10) 16 min RaceCityUsa 26,724
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 25 min RaceCityUsa 11,834
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 30 min RaceCityUsa 8,924
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr to Illuma Snotti shill 2,615
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Professor Emeritus Fellow 42,921
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr RaceCityUsa 17,324
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••