Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments (Page 1,097)

Showing posts 21,921 - 21,940 of29,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine in the "old days" when foreign speaking people were flooding to our shores, being processed through Ellis Island. People from many different places. If they had all refused to speak English our country could not have thrived and become the great nation we are today.
Speak English or leave.
Today is totally opposite of what our country was like back then. Very few people were on government assistance. So you either worked your butt off, limited the amount of children to what you could afford, and worked as many hours as you could.

Today in the USA, poor people actually live better than many of the working. They eat better, have better medical care, unlimited family size, standard amenities such as AC, big screen televisions, video games, cell phones, internet service. Dare you criticize them, you are a hateful despicable person.

So why not try to sneak into the land of welfare? After all, half of the people live partially or entirely off the taxpayers in this country.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..."Get rid of them".....is likely the wrong term.....we need Homeland Security, State Department and Religous Foundations just need to stop allowing all type entry, educational and work visa's for ANYONE OF ISLAMIC FAITH........Violence is just an inbred facet of Islam......
Christians caused the Holocaust.

People like you make Jesus the Christ cry.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity, Deviant, why are you so sexually obsessed?.
Just out of curiosity, Bigot: what filled you with hatred of people of color, so? did you walk in on your mom when she was entertaining the Harlem Globetrotters?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians caused the Holocaust.
People like you make Jesus the Christ cry.
Just think....At one time, you actually had something intelligent to say.......
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Just think....At one time, you actually had something intelligent to say.......
When the F was that???????
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of religion must be a real burden for you.
Get out!
Your correct it does bother me to see so many idiots in the world being sucked dry and killed over some invisable guy in the sky that see's all, knows all, hears all, and will make you suffer for all time if you don't do as "he" says, but he loves you. Stupid, garbage, that prays on one thing, fear of death.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

EASY MONEY wrote:
Hey! Zazz,
I bet you and the brothers have been facing east and praying five times a day that those two Boston bombers were white. Come on, tell the truth.
Evil comes in many colors. However, I assumed they were white and hoped they were foreign. I did think if they were foreign that they would be Arabs or Egyptians.

They were white but regardless they were evil.

I'm glad they at least got one alive so he can be interrogated. I think he'll be more likely to talk than his older brother.

Their parents and an aunt think it is "a setup".

The uncle had the good sense to be horrified about what they had done and to express his love of our country and appreciation for all the opportunities afforded him.

Evil, evil, evil.

How sick that the guy went to classes the next two days and tweeted like a normal teen. Evil, evil, evil.

I still don't know about the seriously injured but so many of them lost limbs and had other major injuries. Evil, evil, evil.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families and friends. This is heartbreaking.

God bless America. Don't fcuk with us.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Your correct it does bother me to see so many idiots in the world being sucked dry and killed over some invisable guy in the sky that see's all, knows all, hears all, and will make you suffer for all time if you don't do as "he" says, but he loves you. Stupid, garbage, that prays on one thing, fear of death.
In the good ole USA people are free to believe anything they want.

Ain't it wonderful.

Of course, we are not allowed to murder anyone we want to.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity, Deviant, why are you so sexually obsessed? Why is it that you can't respond to anyone, male or female, without some vulgar sexual reference? Oh, and Deviant? I wouldn't know a food stamp if it smacked me in the face. That kind of lowlife handout is for people like YOU.
We all know you are ignorant. But... not about food stamps. You're in line the first of every month. First in line. Do they give you a bonus for being first?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why if I had anything to say about it,.
this was Wednesday... I guess all days are weekends for you, eh?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you see my posts here during the weekdays?
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Defense adds five additional witnesses

Miami-Dade School Police Officers????

O'Mara pulls no punches in responding to BDLR's Shakespeare-laced excuse for a Response to Motion to Sanction:
Bernie knows all about sanctions...he is no stranger to being sanctioned.

----------

In his reply, O'Mara says de la Rionda's March filing was full of "scurrilous and unfounded personal attacks," and should be struck from the record. O'Mara also asks the court to "enter whatever additional sanctions it deems appropriate."

"Such behaviors have, in similar cases, subjected the offending attorney to sanctions and disciplinary proceedings," O'Mara writes.

O'Mara also filed a series of affidavits in support of another request aimed at penalizing the state: He wants the state to pay more than $4,500 in costs associated with depositions which were delayed when de la Rionda objected to them being videotaped.

The affidavits, signed by several prominent Orlando-area attorneys — including F. Wesley "Buck" Blankner, of Jaeger & Blankner; Michael LaFay, of NeJame Law; and Richard Hornsby, a frequent local-TV legal commentator — say that the $400 hourly rate O'Mara listed in his request for sanctions is reasonable.

Other paperwork filed Friday by the defense included:

• A request to add five more civilian witnesses to the defense's list. Circuit Judge Debra Nelson's deadline for adding witnesses has passed, but Zimmerman's lawyers say there is "no prejudice" to the state in adding the new witnesses.

The witnesses were not identified by name in the defense motion.

• A demand for any remaining data from Trayvon Martin's cell phone that hasn't been turned over yet.

• A demand for any "cleaned up, edited and/or enhanced version" of the 911 call which captured the screams which led up to the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Feb. 26 in Sanford.

That request may stem from comments made by Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump: Police claim Trayvon's father, Tracy Martin, listened to the call and said the screams weren't his son's, but Crump has said Tracy Martin actually told police he couldn't identify the voice, due to distortion, but later heard a cleaned-up version and was sure it was Trayvon.

The new motions are set to be argued among several others at a hearing Tuesday. Trial in the case is currently set for June 10.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-george-zimm...
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

"Florida Captain to Get Rank Back After Facebook Rant"

http://www.firehouse.com/news/10928275/ ... ebook-rant

From the article:

April 24--A Miami-Dade firefighter demoted last year for ranting on Facebook about the Trayvon Martin case should get his captain's rank back, an arbitrator has ruled, rebuffing Mayor Carlos Gimenez, who had insisted on the punishment.

"Mayor Gimenez testified that he interceded in the instant case because the news media had given Mr. Beckmann's Facebook posting nationwide and intensive coverage," the arbitrator wrote.

Trayvon's mother, Sybrina Fulton, is a longtime employee of Miami-Dade's public housing and community development department. Fulton, who met briefly with Gimenez last year after Beckmann's demotion, has taken an unpaid leave of absence since February.

Also

On his personal Facebook page, Beckmann bashed prosecutor Angela Corey, who charged George Zimmerman of Sanford with second-degree murder in Trayvon's death. Zimmerman has claimed self-defense.

"Listening to Prosecutor Corey blow herself and her staff for five minutes before pre-passing judgment on George Zimmerman," Beckmann's post read.

"The state seeks reelection again, truth aside. I and my co-workers could rewrite the book on whether urban youths are victims of racist profiling or products of their failed, sh--bag, ignorant, pathetic, welfare dependent excuses for parents, but like Mrs. Corey, we speak only the truth.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

...Sallyomally, thanks for that informatin.....often you are the only lucid one here....lol....
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

“With 500 jury summons expected to go out for George's Trial, is an unbiased jury possible?” So far in a recent poll 57% say NO!
----------

Jury notices will be going out soon to 500 people throughout the county.

But is it possible to have an unbiased jury decide the case?

News 13 legal analyst Mark Nejame said attorneys have a tough job ahead of them when picking a jury for the June trial.
An acquittal could spark protest, and it could have a long-term effect on Sanford and Seminole County, where the jurors live.
News 13 asked Nejame if that could factor into their decision.

“It can be a factor without question, and I think it is going to be incumbent on the parties, and the judge in this case, to have a sequestered jury the entire time. I think there will be people attempting to get to the jurors, through intimidation, by putting out information that might help bias or prejudice them.”

Zimmerman’s defense team could have asked for a change of venue, moving the case to a different county, but decided not to because they felt the case was too widely known for a change of venue to really have an effect.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9...

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
What a silly old drunken welfare queen you are.
What a drunken, yellow coward welfare collecting racist scum trailer park trash you are.

Thanks for sharing!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
"Florida Captain to Get Rank Back After Facebook Rant"
Racist: Saved by his union.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
Defense adds five additional witnesses
Bring in a busload.
judgeit

Louisburg, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

i hate you
Thuganomics

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Yo yo yo! I be a professor of Thuganomics at FU! Where be my reparations? I needs to supplement my income derived from welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and all kinds of wiggity wiggity whack entitlements, yo! Even though the white people was nice enough to bring my ancestors to civilization from Africa where I'd otherwise be dealing with lions, malaria, forced circumcision, the sort of diseases we encounter only when we play Oregon Trail in the 5th Grade (which I repeated twice) and genocide amongst my own people; even though the white man be nice enough to let me stay once that white boy John Deere hauled off and made me obsolete: the white man be owing me more reparations because the trillions in entitlements isn't enough. Also, bullying be bad unless I be doing it to a white guy. Then it be good. Don't try and defend yourself, white people. We be having the media and the government on our side. We can do all the bullying we want. Besides, everybody be knowing that bullying is media code for the gay agenda anyway. We will continue to bullying you because you won't stand up for yourselves. Hell, the State be actually putting that white boy on trial. First OJ, now this! We own you white people. Word life!

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

George Zimmerman to appear in court for Trayvon Martin case

Friday, April 26, 2013, 4:23 PM

SANFORD --

Attorneys in the Case Against George Zimmerman are preparing for a key hearing in the case Tuesday and we have confirmed George Zimmerman will be in the courtroom.

Zimmerman’s defense attorneys filed a whole stack of paperwork Friday because it is the last chance for attorneys on both sides of the case to bring up matters they want discussed on Tuesday.

Tuesday will be a big day. A whole series of issues will be discussed. But in motions filed just Friday, Zimmerman’s defense team wants to make sure they have everything the state does and it centers around 911 calls made the night Trayvon Martin was fatally shot by Zimmerman.

The defense said it wants any and all remaining enhanced 911 calls. They said Trayvon Martin’s family attorney Benjamin Crump claimed there’s a call that reveals it was Trayvon yelling for help. But originally, Trayvon’s father said it was not his son yelling for help. This could be a key piece of evidence in the case and the defense wants everything the state has before they go to trial.

The state also filed this paperwork, making it clear they want Zimmerman to appear in court Tuesday. They want the court to ask Zimmerman himself, not through an attorney, about any intentions he might have in using Florida's Stand Your Ground statute as a defense in trial. Zimerman's attorneys waived his right to a Stand Your Ground Hearing originally scheduled to happen before the trial. His defense team said he will be there.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/sanford-fl/TK...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,921 - 21,940 of29,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Uncle Sam 1,078,108
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 min marce-encore 483,643
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 55 min nina roth 2,063
Has Anybody Seen Or Heard From o2bndisney ? 1 hr WAS sanka 5
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 2 hr Children should be loved 128
last post wins! (Jul '11) 3 hr tiger_-_dad 5,273
Man Accused of Molesting Women in Wave Pool 4 hr AllTrue 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search