Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments (Page 1,087)

Showing posts 21,721 - 21,740 of29,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance companies know that defending a case like this could cost a million dollars itself and then no guarantee you still will not be paying a law suit.........
It is normal for them to settle out.....
I would like to know the amount....
ROFLMAO. This from the lying troll who claimed they would not get a dime.

You were wrong about the election, you were wrong about this and guess what, you are wrong about the verdict which will be found in the criminal trial of Zimmerthug for MURDER.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
With no guilt either. You would think they had enough class to at least wait until the trial to see all the evidence. But right or wrong, they are going to take the money. Of course, I'm sure they are going to donate a lot of it to charity.
Class? The HOA was the party clamoring for a settlement. They wanted to settle before the trial. That isn't a lack of class, it's smart business acumen. They saved a bundle by convincing Trayvon's parents to settle out of court.

No dummy they have a foundation for charity.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know. I mean, it's likely that the lawyers are working on contingency so I don't know how much time they wanted to invest. I think some of it had to do with PR because whites are actually a minority in that community. Pss off your black tenants and then you have another financial problem.
You continue to expose your ignorance. You claim I don't know enough about business to know that you would be replaced. I was pointing out that contrary to your egotistical belief, you can be replaced.

Guess what? A defendant's attorneys do not work on contingency.

ROFLMAO at you. Crump, the plaintiff's attorney is the one who works on a contingency.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know. I mean, it's likely that the lawyers are working on contingency so I don't know how much time they wanted to invest. I think some of it had to do with PR because whites are actually a minority in that community. Pss off your black tenants and then you have another financial problem.

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you brain dead? Why would the HOA lawyers work for contingency? They are not getting the award--Martin's lawyers are. Gheeze.
You're trying to pretend you didn't post that they were working on contingency? ROFLMAO at you. People can read. Busted.

OMG this is good for a really good giggle. Are you embarrassed?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know. I mean, it's likely that the lawyers are working on contingency so I don't know how much time they wanted to invest. I think some of it had to do with PR because whites are actually a minority in that community. Pss off your black tenants and then you have another financial problem..
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was, that would put him up at least three points in front of you, Pinocchio.
Review: they settled for a million plus. Some say close to two mill.
So much for your theory of the nuisance suit, eh?
He's trying to pretend he didn't post the above post. OMG, he's so stupid it's funny. Can you imagine trying to pretend you didn't post something that is there for all to read?

“Facts”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>If he was, that would put him up at least three points in front of you, Pinocchio.

Review: they settled for a million plus. Some say close to two mill.

So much for your theory of the nuisance suit, eh?
Once again our zoo pet makes claims he can't back up

“Facts”

Level 5

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>Don you just love it. The ratwingers claimed the HOA had no liability and that Trayvon's parents wouldn't collect a dime. I hear they each received almost a million bucks.

They wanted to settle now before the verdict when the award would have been much, much higher.

Wonder if the HOA members are still loving Zimmerthug.

The main point of their liability was that they allowed him to become the "watch captain" without checking him out in any way, hid violent history, his alcohol use, his drugs.
Tell us where you heard that liar

“Facts”

Level 5

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO. This from the lying troll who claimed they would not get a dime.

You were wrong about the election, you were wrong about this and guess what, you are wrong about the verdict which will be found in the criminal trial of Zimmerthug for MURDER.
Was not wrong about this or the election my little troll
Sallyomally

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don you just love it. The ratwingers claimed the HOA had no liability and that Trayvon's parents wouldn't collect a dime. I hear they each received almost a million bucks.
They wanted to settle now before the verdict when the award would have been much, much higher.
Wonder if the HOA members are still loving Zimmerthug.
The main point of their liability was that they allowed him to become the "watch captain" without checking him out in any way, hid violent history, his alcohol use, his drugs.
You're stinking up the thread with your Bullsh!t. Facts...do you know what a fact even is?
George never was "captain" if you want to get technical, he was the watch coordinator, the liaison to the SPD. They were in the process appointing block "captains" and coming up with a list. The Twin Lakes Retreat Neighborhood Watch Program wasn't even a registered group, it was still new and under training.

You do know the settlement with Liberty was back in November? The timing of Crump filing has a motive..doesn't he always?

Settling before the verdict is an outright lie.$ybrina/Crump were in mediation and denied the offer then decided to take it, they decided they better take the money and run while the gettin was good. The insurance Company gave them a "go away" settlement, not nearly as much as Crump was asking for. It was a plus for the insurance co. to go ahead and settle rather than pay many times as much for lawyers and litigation etc. If they wanted to fight this they would have drug it out after the trial, not to their advantage. George wasn't patroling that night he saw Trayvon, he was on a personal errand w/o his dog....George always patrolled with his dog.

Two stinking days after the death of her son $ybrina hires a civil attorney....that's just sick and shameful..what kind of a mother thinks about how much $$$$$ she can get while her son isn't even laid to rest, still laying on a table in the cooler.
Sallyomally

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Mark O'Mara

“We don’t know the details surrounding any settlement between the homeowner’s association and the Martin family,” O’Mara says.“[W]e haven’t yet received the documents that Mr. Crump filed with the court, and we would have no other way to verify that there was, in fact, a settlement.”

But if there is, it may end up helping Zimmerman out when he goes to court in June.

“What is important to the defense, in terms of the HOA settlement to the Martin family, is whether the threat of litigation or the promise of monetary settlement affects their testimony,” he says.“We will be looking carefully at statements made by the Martin family before and after they began legal action against the Home Owner’s Association.”

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stinking up the thread with your Bullsh!t. Facts...do you know what a fact even is?
George never was "captain" if you want to get technical, he was the watch coordinator, the liaison to the SPD. They were in the process appointing block "captains" and coming up with a list. The Twin Lakes Retreat Neighborhood Watch Program wasn't even a registered group, it was still new and under training.
You do know the settlement with Liberty was back in November? The timing of Crump filing has a motive..doesn't he always?
Settling before the verdict is an outright lie.$ybrina/Crump were in mediation and denied the offer then decided to take it, they decided they better take the money and run while the gettin was good. The insurance Company gave them a "go away" settlement, not nearly as much as Crump was asking for. It was a plus for the insurance co. to go ahead and settle rather than pay many times as much for lawyers and litigation etc. If they wanted to fight this they would have drug it out after the trial, not to their advantage. George wasn't patroling that night he saw Trayvon, he was on a personal errand w/o his dog....George always patrolled with his dog.
Two stinking days after the death of her son $ybrina hires a civil attorney....that's just sick and shameful..what kind of a mother thinks about how much $$$$$ she can get while her son isn't even laid to rest, still laying on a table in the cooler.
George was introduced to the residents as a person to take their concerns to in the February 2012 news letter, his phone number was included.

February 2012 is the month Trayvon died, so the watch program was indeed new. Iirc, George and the SPD liaison had been in communication since October 2011. I'm not sure how long George had actually been patrolling or if there was some routine but I am sure that Frank T told Nancy Grace that he often accompanied George on patrol in George's vehicle.

It's doubtful that George 'always' took the dog along, who told you that?

What settlement with Liberty? The HOA was insured by Travelers Casualty and Surety and the settlement amount is a matter of speculation because the party's have agreed to keep the amount confidential.

Who approached Crump? Do you even know? Keep in mind that the Martin's are from South FL and Crump is from Tallahassee.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

...Just gotta love Mark O'Mara....he has the talent, to tred between fact and insult with the skill of a mountain goat......

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again our zoo pet makes claims he can't back up
Once again, our pet Homo One opens his mouth and out comes boyfriend.
Sallyomally

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>George was introduced to the residents as a person to take their concerns to in the February 2012 news letter, his phone number was included.
February 2012 is the month Trayvon died, so the watch program was indeed new. Iirc, George and the SPD liaison had been in communication since October 2011. I'm not sure how long George had actually been patrolling or if there was some routine but I am sure that Frank T told Nancy Grace that he often accompanied George on patrol in George's vehicle.
It's doubtful that George 'always' took the dog along, who told you that?
What settlement with Liberty? The HOA was insured by Travelers Casualty and Surety and the settlement amount is a matter of speculation because the party's have agreed to keep the amount confidential.
Who approached Crump? Do you even know? Keep in mind that the Martin's are from South FL and Crump is from Tallahassee.
No actually Travelers didn't come into the scene until late March, it was settled through Liberty...check it out. I know who got in touch with Crumpwith the ok from Tracy and $ybrina. I am quite aware where $ybrina/Tracy and Crump reside.

Remember Travelers were counter suing $ybrina because she had no way to make a claim against them when they weren't even the HOA insurer at the time Trayvon attacked George.

"Travelers is in doubt of its rights under the policy and, by this petition, seeks a declaration of its rights and obligations with respect to the claim and demand made by Fulton upon Travelers and The Retreat at Twin Lakes as a result of the fatal shooting of Martin, and a finding by the court that under the above-referenced policy of insurance Travelers has no duty to indemnify or defend The Retreat at Twin Lakes in connection with the Fulton claim because coverage is precluded by the above exclusion
Sallyomally

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
...Just gotta love Mark O'Mara....he has the talent, to tred between fact and insult with the skill of a mountain goat......
O'Mara is very articulate, skilled,and easy going I gree, sometimes to the point of getting on my nerves. I could never be an attorney...I would be held in contempt and probably disbarred, lol. My type A personality along with being an Aries would keep me in hot water.
Sallyomally

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

George owned a little terrier that he would walk with..later he got the rottweiler to take with him on patrol.

George Zimmerman walked the neighborhood with Rottweiler "oso". Neighbors said he would pass by and wave.

He didn't have the dog that night with him because he was going to Target for groceries.

I wish he had the dog that night, maybe Trayvon would have went inside at Brandi's TH instead of thinking he was a "gangsta" and had something to prove

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually Travelers didn't come into the scene until late March, it was settled through Liberty...check it out. I know who got in touch with Crumpwith the ok from Tracy and $ybrina. I am quite aware where $ybrina/Tracy and Crump reside.
Remember Travelers were counter suing $ybrina because she had no way to make a claim against them when they weren't even the HOA insurer at the time Trayvon attacked George.
"Travelers is in doubt of its rights under the policy and, by this petition, seeks a declaration of its rights and obligations with respect to the claim and demand made by Fulton upon Travelers and The Retreat at Twin Lakes as a result of the fatal shooting of Martin, and a finding by the court that under the above-referenced policy of insurance Travelers has no duty to indemnify or defend The Retreat at Twin Lakes in connection with the Fulton claim because coverage is precluded by the above exclusion
OK, you're saying that The Retreat was insured by Liberty at the time of Trayvon's death and that Liberty was willing to settle months ago but the Martin's were not interested? Well that's what O'Mara reported but I still don't understand how Travelers got involved.

The Martin's were entitled to hire the attorney of their choice and given the previous behaviors demonstrated by the Sanford PD they made a good choice.
Sallyomally

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>OK, you're saying that The Retreat was insured by Liberty at the time of Trayvon's death and that Liberty was willing to settle months ago but the Martin's were not interested? Well that's what O'Mara reported but I still don't understand how Travelers got involved.
The Martin's were entitled to hire the attorney of their choice and given the previous behaviors demonstrated by the Sanford PD they made a good choice.
DCA is now looking at Crump/state. The DCA is very interested or they would have dropped it. Given the previous behaviors of Crump they are making the right choice. 20 days to show why it should not be granted and 10 days for the defense to argue.

Pretty serious stuff.....Crumpies sworn affidavit is full of holes. Crump's mouth is as big as his lawyers ass...both could sink a ship.

http://gzlegalcase.com/

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
DCA is now looking at Crump/state. The DCA is very interested or they would have dropped it. Given the previous behaviors of Crump they are making the right choice. 20 days to show why it should not be granted and 10 days for the defense to argue.
Pretty serious stuff.....Crumpies sworn affidavit is full of holes. Crump's mouth is as big as his lawyers ass...both could sink a ship.
http://gzlegalcase.com/
Perhaps, perhaps not, we'll learn but George is on trial for his actions of the 26th of February 2012 Crump and all the other trimmings came along later.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps, perhaps not, we'll learn but George is on trial for his actions of the 26th of February 2012 Crump and all the other trimmings came along later.
By Crump filing the confidential settlement (5 pages of 12) in George's criminal case he is trying to look like opposing counsel.
By filing so late there are actually lame public that believe it's recent and of course 1/2 don't read and comprehend claiming it's an admssion of guilt...just another one of Crump's smoke screens. There's no other reason other than to taint a jury and distract from the real issues, he's good at that.

There is absolutely no reason for that insurance settlement to be filed in the criminal case, none. Crump always has a motive, you betcha!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,721 - 21,740 of29,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 min AN other 478,287
~~name three things~~ (Feb '13) 10 min rubygoober 582
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min mdbuilder 1,034,185
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 58 min Aaron 1,838
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 59 min RinGo_ 16,920
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr RinGo_ 11,796
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 42,993
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search