Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#24960 Apr 10, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>George was introduced to the residents as a person to take their concerns to in the February 2012 news letter, his phone number was included.
February 2012 is the month Trayvon died, so the watch program was indeed new. Iirc, George and the SPD liaison had been in communication since October 2011. I'm not sure how long George had actually been patrolling or if there was some routine but I am sure that Frank T told Nancy Grace that he often accompanied George on patrol in George's vehicle.
It's doubtful that George 'always' took the dog along, who told you that?
What settlement with Liberty? The HOA was insured by Travelers Casualty and Surety and the settlement amount is a matter of speculation because the party's have agreed to keep the amount confidential.
Who approached Crump? Do you even know? Keep in mind that the Martin's are from South FL and Crump is from Tallahassee.
No actually Travelers didn't come into the scene until late March, it was settled through Liberty...check it out. I know who got in touch with Crumpwith the ok from Tracy and $ybrina. I am quite aware where $ybrina/Tracy and Crump reside.

Remember Travelers were counter suing $ybrina because she had no way to make a claim against them when they weren't even the HOA insurer at the time Trayvon attacked George.

"Travelers is in doubt of its rights under the policy and, by this petition, seeks a declaration of its rights and obligations with respect to the claim and demand made by Fulton upon Travelers and The Retreat at Twin Lakes as a result of the fatal shooting of Martin, and a finding by the court that under the above-referenced policy of insurance Travelers has no duty to indemnify or defend The Retreat at Twin Lakes in connection with the Fulton claim because coverage is precluded by the above exclusion
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#24961 Apr 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
...Just gotta love Mark O'Mara....he has the talent, to tred between fact and insult with the skill of a mountain goat......
O'Mara is very articulate, skilled,and easy going I gree, sometimes to the point of getting on my nerves. I could never be an attorney...I would be held in contempt and probably disbarred, lol. My type A personality along with being an Aries would keep me in hot water.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#24962 Apr 10, 2013
George owned a little terrier that he would walk with..later he got the rottweiler to take with him on patrol.

George Zimmerman walked the neighborhood with Rottweiler "oso". Neighbors said he would pass by and wave.

He didn't have the dog that night with him because he was going to Target for groceries.

I wish he had the dog that night, maybe Trayvon would have went inside at Brandi's TH instead of thinking he was a "gangsta" and had something to prove

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#24963 Apr 10, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually Travelers didn't come into the scene until late March, it was settled through Liberty...check it out. I know who got in touch with Crumpwith the ok from Tracy and $ybrina. I am quite aware where $ybrina/Tracy and Crump reside.
Remember Travelers were counter suing $ybrina because she had no way to make a claim against them when they weren't even the HOA insurer at the time Trayvon attacked George.
"Travelers is in doubt of its rights under the policy and, by this petition, seeks a declaration of its rights and obligations with respect to the claim and demand made by Fulton upon Travelers and The Retreat at Twin Lakes as a result of the fatal shooting of Martin, and a finding by the court that under the above-referenced policy of insurance Travelers has no duty to indemnify or defend The Retreat at Twin Lakes in connection with the Fulton claim because coverage is precluded by the above exclusion
OK, you're saying that The Retreat was insured by Liberty at the time of Trayvon's death and that Liberty was willing to settle months ago but the Martin's were not interested? Well that's what O'Mara reported but I still don't understand how Travelers got involved.

The Martin's were entitled to hire the attorney of their choice and given the previous behaviors demonstrated by the Sanford PD they made a good choice.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#24964 Apr 10, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>OK, you're saying that The Retreat was insured by Liberty at the time of Trayvon's death and that Liberty was willing to settle months ago but the Martin's were not interested? Well that's what O'Mara reported but I still don't understand how Travelers got involved.
The Martin's were entitled to hire the attorney of their choice and given the previous behaviors demonstrated by the Sanford PD they made a good choice.
DCA is now looking at Crump/state. The DCA is very interested or they would have dropped it. Given the previous behaviors of Crump they are making the right choice. 20 days to show why it should not be granted and 10 days for the defense to argue.

Pretty serious stuff.....Crumpies sworn affidavit is full of holes. Crump's mouth is as big as his lawyers ass...both could sink a ship.

http://gzlegalcase.com/

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#24965 Apr 10, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
DCA is now looking at Crump/state. The DCA is very interested or they would have dropped it. Given the previous behaviors of Crump they are making the right choice. 20 days to show why it should not be granted and 10 days for the defense to argue.
Pretty serious stuff.....Crumpies sworn affidavit is full of holes. Crump's mouth is as big as his lawyers ass...both could sink a ship.
http://gzlegalcase.com/
Perhaps, perhaps not, we'll learn but George is on trial for his actions of the 26th of February 2012 Crump and all the other trimmings came along later.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#24966 Apr 10, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps, perhaps not, we'll learn but George is on trial for his actions of the 26th of February 2012 Crump and all the other trimmings came along later.
By Crump filing the confidential settlement (5 pages of 12) in George's criminal case he is trying to look like opposing counsel.
By filing so late there are actually lame public that believe it's recent and of course 1/2 don't read and comprehend claiming it's an admssion of guilt...just another one of Crump's smoke screens. There's no other reason other than to taint a jury and distract from the real issues, he's good at that.

There is absolutely no reason for that insurance settlement to be filed in the criminal case, none. Crump always has a motive, you betcha!
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#24967 Apr 10, 2013
April 30th is a Docket Sounding, George will be there.

I can't wait, maybe Bernie can grace us all again with more of his wisdom like how "men that are bald bleed more".(cracks me up!)
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24968 Apr 10, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stinking up the thread with your Bullsh!t. Facts...do you know what a fact even is?
George never was "captain" if you want to get technical, he was the watch coordinator, the liaison to the SPD. They were in the process appointing block "captains" and coming up with a list. The Twin Lakes Retreat Neighborhood Watch Program wasn't even a registered group, it was still new and under training.
You do know the settlement with Liberty was back in November? The timing of Crump filing has a motive..doesn't he always?
Settling before the verdict is an outright lie.$ybrina/Crump were in mediation and denied the offer then decided to take it, they decided they better take the money and run while the gettin was good. The insurance Company gave them a "go away" settlement, not nearly as much as Crump was asking for. It was a plus for the insurance co. to go ahead and settle rather than pay many times as much for lawyers and litigation etc. If they wanted to fight this they would have drug it out after the trial, not to their advantage. George wasn't patroling that night he saw Trayvon, he was on a personal errand w/o his dog....George always patrolled with his dog.
Two stinking days after the death of her son $ybrina hires a civil attorney....that's just sick and shameful..what kind of a mother thinks about how much $$$$$ she can get while her son isn't even laid to rest, still laying on a table in the cooler.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so we can see what kind of family he came from.

Just a thought here: You mentioned Traveler's Insurance, and as a Traveler's customer, I can tell you they are very generous with their claims. That's why they are my insurance company. They are not the cheapest in the business, but when you need them, they respond beyond expectations.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24969 Apr 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know. I mean, it's likely that the lawyers are working on contingency so I don't know how much time they wanted to invest. I think some of it had to do with PR because whites are actually a minority in that community. Pss off your black tenants and then you have another financial problem..
<quoted text>
He's trying to pretend he didn't post the above post. OMG, he's so stupid it's funny. Can you imagine trying to pretend you didn't post something that is there for all to read?
Are you drunk again? WTF are you even talking about? Where did I "pretend" I didn't post something. You make no sense.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24970 Apr 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know. I mean, it's likely that the lawyers are working on contingency so I don't know how much time they wanted to invest. I think some of it had to do with PR because whites are actually a minority in that community. Pss off your black tenants and then you have another financial problem.
<quoted text>
You're trying to pretend you didn't post that they were working on contingency? ROFLMAO at you. People can read. Busted.
OMG this is good for a really good giggle. Are you embarrassed?
So I accidentally said "lawyers" instead of putting "Martin's lawyers." I assumed everybody would follow along since the plaintiff's lawyers don't work on contingency.

I'll post a suggestion to Topix requesting we be allowed to post color pictures for those less intelligent. Maybe then you'll be able to follow along.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24972 Apr 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to expose your ignorance. You claim I don't know enough about business to know that you would be replaced. I was pointing out that contrary to your egotistical belief, you can be replaced.
Guess what? A defendant's attorneys do not work on contingency.
ROFLMAO at you. Crump, the plaintiff's attorney is the one who works on a contingency.
Can you explain how the plaintiff's lawyer works on contingency? Do you know what contingency is? It's basically getting a cut of the settlement if the case is won. You're a little slow, so let's try it this way:

"Payment to an attorney for legal services that depends, or is contingent, upon there being some recovery or award in the case. The payment is then a percentage of the amount recovered—such as 25 percent if the matter is settled, or 30 percent if it proceeds to trial.

Contingent-fee agreements are valid only in civil cases and are frequently used in personal injury cases. Court rules and statutes often regulate these fees in relation to the type of action and amount of recovery. Such an arrangement is generally used when the party seeking recovery cannot afford to retain an attorney and therefore would not have any effective means of prosecuting a claim."

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Now that we learned something today, can you explain how a plaintiff lawyer works on contingency?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24973 Apr 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Class? The HOA was the party clamoring for a settlement. They wanted to settle before the trial. That isn't a lack of class, it's smart business acumen. They saved a bundle by convincing Trayvon's parents to settle out of court.
No dummy they have a foundation for charity.
Most liable cases are settled out of court, and you have no idea why they wanted to settle or for how much they settled for. When you find that out, let us know, won't you? We'll be waiting..........

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#24974 Apr 10, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance companies know that defending a case like this could cost a million dollars itself and then no guarantee you still will not be paying a law suit.........
It is normal for them to settle out.....
I would like to know the amount....
That's not what you have been saying for a year now.

Looks like you are wrong again. As always.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24975 Apr 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain how the plaintiff's lawyer works on contingency? Do you know what contingency is? It's basically getting a cut of the settlement if the case is won. You're a little slow, so let's try it this way:
"Payment to an attorney for legal services that depends, or is contingent, upon there being some recovery or award in the case. The payment is then a percentage of the amount recovered—such as 25 percent if the matter is settled, or 30 percent if it proceeds to trial.
Contingent-fee agreements are valid only in civil cases and are frequently used in personal injury cases. Court rules and statutes often regulate these fees in relation to the type of action and amount of recovery. Such an arrangement is generally used when the party seeking recovery cannot afford to retain an attorney and therefore would not have any effective means of prosecuting a claim."
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
Now that we learned something today, can you explain how a plaintiff lawyer works on contingency?
I see you backed down from your initial post about the HOA attorneys working on a contingency.

I'm glad you learned something today. You should spend more time learning, then your ignorance won't be so blatant.

From your ignorant post, you didn't learn much.

In almost all tort cases the plaintiff's attorneys work on a contingency. If that were not the case, most people would not be able to afford to sue.

Explain how? What a dumb thing to ask. They sign a contract with the attorney who then sues the person accused of the tort. Just like Trayvon's parents did. Crump will receive his contingency fee, a percentage of the money received as a result of the settlement from the HOA.

If the plaintiff loses, they are not charged for legal fees. I don't know how to make it any simpler for you. Poor guy.

Sounds like you are too dumb to know what a plaintiff is.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24976 Apr 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So I accidentally said "lawyers" instead of putting "Martin's lawyers." I assumed everybody would follow along since the plaintiff's lawyers don't work on contingency.
I'll post a suggestion to Topix requesting we be allowed to post color pictures for those less intelligent. Maybe then you'll be able to follow along.
The plaintiff's attorneys worked on a contingency basis and will receive their cut.

Plaintiff's attorneys almost always work on contingency.

You are embarrassing yourself by showing such ignorance.

I don't think picture posting will help you. Not only are you ignorant, you lack the mental ability to do anything about your ignorance.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24977 Apr 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
...Just gotta love Mark O'Mara....he has the talent, to tred between fact and insult with the skill of a mountain goat......
He embarrassed himself so much by getting caught lying about Trayvon insults are all he is left to work with.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24978 Apr 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know. I mean, it's likely that the lawyers are working on contingency so I don't know how much time they wanted to invest. I think some of it had to do with PR because whites are actually a minority in that community. Pss off your black tenants and then you have another financial problem..
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you drunk again? WTF are you even talking about? Where did I "pretend" I didn't post something. You make no sense.
The above is your original post. Then you posted another post contradicting what you said AFTER people pointed out to you that the HOA's attorneys did not work on a contingency.

Oops, your ignorance is showing again. Still.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24979 Apr 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't stop laughing at you.

Mr Martin is one of the plaintiffs, Mrs Fulton is the other plaintiff in the suit against the HOA and their insurers.

You assumed wrong. The plaintiffs attorneys are working on a contingency, as is usual.

No, you claimed the HOA attorneys were working on a contingency. What do you think they get a percentage of what they lose?

ROFLMAO at you.

Level 8

Location hidden

#24980 Apr 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know. I mean, it's likely that the lawyers are working on contingency so I don't know how much time they wanted to invest. I think some of it had to do with PR because whites are actually a minority in that community. Pss off your black tenants and then you have another financial problem.
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>All pure slop, why post nonsense like that, are you bored? Drunk? Stoned?
Why would the lawyer for the HOA be working on contingency?
Well over 50% of the residents at The Retreat are white, most are owners not renters-tenants.
Now he's claiming he didn't say that.

Are you reading his posts? His ignorance is so blatant he is embarrassing himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min mdbuilder 1,580,773
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr T-REX 513,422
News Let's Talk About Something Other Than Casey Ant... (Jul '11) 7 hr Tex- 42
Best Roadside Service Unlimited Roadside Assist... 12 hr Tim Cambell 1
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 15 hr zazz 98,475
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Thu Beams 63,943
*great oaks village* (Oct '09) Thu Tina 30

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages