Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#24284 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suppose you have evidence of three questions and "poorly" administrated testing. Wiki has four sources about the test and I didn't see one where I read there were only three questions nor criticizing on how the test was done.
You cite wiki and ask others for 'evidence?'

george zimmerman voice stress analysis...will take you to two dozen articles about that evening and how sloppy police work has created a morphodite of a criminal case.

Ask yourself why SPD would administer a quickie voice stress test yet not run a back ground on George, not ask him to submit to blood screening and give him a pass on going to the hospital when he was obviously injured? Ask yourself why the SPD had no clue that GZ was using highly addictive mood drugs until he himself blurted it out as an excuse for not knowing where he was while speaking with the dispatcher? Ask yourself why SPD had no idea that George's truck was at the scene and didn't inspect the vehicle that evening?

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24285 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<Zim followed Martin for less than ten seconds.
Prove it, Pinocchio.

Level 5

Location hidden

#24286 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suppose you have evidence of three questions
ten seconds... proof, Pinocchio...

Level 5

Location hidden

#24287 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suppose you have evidence of three questions
Voice analysis not a lie detector test, Pinocchio, besides not being admissible because they are unreliable.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24288 Mar 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So.... you're hypothesis now is Martin lured Zimmerman out of his vehicle by running away so he could catch Zimmerman in the open instead of a confined space?
A person you people keep claiming was much bigger than Zimmerman?
wow.
How did you get all that from my reply? Who said Martin lured Zimmerman?

I have to hand it to you pro-Martin people. You have very wild imaginations. But I guess you have to in order to make Zimmerman the criminal.
The Truth

Desoto, TX

#24299 Mar 30, 2013
As cliche as it sounds, I feel strongly that God has a way of taking care of things. Yes, the justice system should take care of this, but it doesn't always happen. Zimmerman may think he will get off because he is not in jail, but there is a much higher court whose judge will take care of him...and the likes of him as well. RIP Martin, and may Zimmerman burn in hell and may all his neighbors hear his cries!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24301 Mar 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>You cite wiki and ask others for 'evidence?'
george zimmerman voice stress analysis...will take you to two dozen articles about that evening and how sloppy police work has created a morphodite of a criminal case.
Ask yourself why SPD would administer a quickie voice stress test yet not run a back ground on George, not ask him to submit to blood screening and give him a pass on going to the hospital when he was obviously injured? Ask yourself why the SPD had no clue that GZ was using highly addictive mood drugs until he himself blurted it out as an excuse for not knowing where he was while speaking with the dispatcher? Ask yourself why SPD had no idea that George's truck was at the scene and didn't inspect the vehicle that evening?
For one, what does his truck have to do with any of this? Two, the drugs Zim takes has nothing to do with this either. He uses prescription drugs like over half of the people in this country.

The police cannot force anybody to get treatment at a hospital if they decline. He opted to get treatment from his family doctor the next day. Again, non-sequitour. The police don't ask for any kind of screening unless they suspect that the subject is intoxicated at the time.

Now Wiki has hyper-links in all of their posts. You simply click on them to read the newspaper articles. Again, I did. They had four links and nothing to say about a botched stress test.

However, I did as you suggested and let Google find some information about the test. Here is what I found from a pretty reliable and left-leaning source, USA Today:

"Florida prosecutors Tuesday released a written report that included results of a voice stress analysis — a lie detector test — with other reports and recordings. The release resulted from a court order after news organizations argued that prosecutors had withheld information that should be public.

Zimmerman was asked nine questions, including two related directly to the shooting: "Did you confront the guy you shot?" the tester asked. "No," Zimmerman responded. "Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy?" the tester asked. "Yes," Zimmerman said. The examiner concluded that Zimmerman "told substantially the complete truth."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...

Now, they found FBI people who said they could have done a better job, but it doesn't discount the fact that Zimmerman passed the lie detector test on all nine questions.
The Truth

Desoto, TX

#24303 Mar 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can..........
Zim did
And as long as you have a witness that says the black punk was beating you then you can shoot em by the dozens
Karma is a nasty thing, to call this kid a black punk just may come back to you in the worst kind of way. Maybe one day you will cross my path and I will "stand my ground" with your punk ass...if not me, somebody else will take out the trash!
The Truth

Desoto, TX

#24305 Mar 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
No law against following any suspect
Actually it is illegal to stock a person, and to call this person a suspect is ridiculous. I know it isn't good to wish bad on people but I seriously hope somebody shoots you to death for no apparent reason...just to take your life because they can. Then we can all type on our computers about how you deserved it and it wasn't wrong. Any day now buddy...better not ever take a walk to get skittles or you might just get shot. That's all Martin was doing.
The Truth

Desoto, TX

#24311 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
For one, what does his truck have to do with any of this? Two, the drugs Zim takes has nothing to do with this either. He uses prescription drugs like over half of the people in this country.
The police cannot force anybody to get treatment at a hospital if they decline. He opted to get treatment from his family doctor the next day. Again, non-sequitour. The police don't ask for any kind of screening unless they suspect that the subject is intoxicated at the time.
Now Wiki has hyper-links in all of their posts. You simply click on them to read the newspaper articles. Again, I did. They had four links and nothing to say about a botched stress test.
However, I did as you suggested and let Google find some information about the test. Here is what I found from a pretty reliable and left-leaning source, USA Today:
"Florida prosecutors Tuesday released a written report that included results of a voice stress analysis — a lie detector test — with other reports and recordings. The release resulted from a court order after news organizations argued that prosecutors had withheld information that should be public.
Zimmerman was asked nine questions, including two related directly to the shooting: "Did you confront the guy you shot?" the tester asked. "No," Zimmerman responded. "Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy?" the tester asked. "Yes," Zimmerman said. The examiner concluded that Zimmerman "told substantially the complete truth."
Now, they found FBI people who said they could have done a better job, but it doesn't discount the fact that Zimmerman passed the lie detector test on all nine questions.
Actually, taking drugs that are prescription can often times have adverse effects on an individual as everyone is different. Prescription or not, not to mention that whatever condition he was trying to treat may also indicate that the guy is a nutcase loser and a threat to society. Why don't you go and justify the holocaust to a bunch of Jews you loser!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24313 Mar 30, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, taking drugs that are prescription can often times have adverse effects on an individual as everyone is different. Prescription or not, not to mention that whatever condition he was trying to treat may also indicate that the guy is a nutcase loser and a threat to society. Why don't you go and justify the holocaust to a bunch of Jews you loser!
If Zim's medication caused any serious side effects, he would be restricted from operating a motor vehicle. Hell, when my doctor gives me Vicodin for pain, they even have warnings about operating equipment and driving a car, and that stuff isn't anything.

So now you're comparing the holocaust to George Zimmerman????? And you call ME a loser??? LOL!!!!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24314 Mar 30, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is illegal to stock a person, and to call this person a suspect is ridiculous. I know it isn't good to wish bad on people but I seriously hope somebody shoots you to death for no apparent reason...just to take your life because they can. Then we can all type on our computers about how you deserved it and it wasn't wrong. Any day now buddy...better not ever take a walk to get skittles or you might just get shot. That's all Martin was doing.
Zimmerman's recorded physical injuries sustained during the attack tells us exactly what Martin was doing.

Level 5

Location hidden

#24315 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
I have to hand it to you pro-Martin people. You have very wild imaginations.
You just told us the pedophile only followed this teenager for ten seconds.

You imagine that the pedophile has an excuse that will stand in court.

Which of his four stories do you believe the most?

You still haven't explained how your job as maintenance man is critical to your excuse for dodging jury duty.

Why not just tell them you are a bigot?

Level 5

Location hidden

#24316 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman's recorded physical injuries sustained during the attack tells us
Tells us that the pedophile was stalking this teenager for more than ten seconds and tells us that the pedophile should have stayed right where the dispatcher told him to stay.

Level 5

Location hidden

#24317 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If Zim's medication caused any serious side effects, he would be restricted from operating a motor vehicle.
He is.

You have another mouthful.

Swallow.

Temazepam can cause hallucinations, fatigue, nervousness, dizziness, aggressiveness and hallucinations. Adderall can cause aggressiveness, delusions, hostility, anxiety and depression.

(quote)
Driving and operating machinery

When taking any medicine you should be aware that it might interfere with your ability to drive or operate machinery safely.

'In the case of Temazepam:

this medicine could affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. After taking Temazepam you should wait for at least seven or eight hours before driving or operating machinery'

Level 5

Location hidden

#24318 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman's recorded physical injuries sustained during the attack tells us
It tells me that the pedophile wasn't waiting by the truck and that the pedophile attacked the teenager who had every right to be exactly where he was at when the pedophile attacked him.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24326 Mar 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
More gay fantasies from our black gang banger
You mean wannabe black gang banger. Even they are smart enough to keep guys like him out.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#24327 Mar 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The truck should have been photo'd and inspected at least, think about all the time you have spent blowing smoke about that truck and you have no earthly idea precisely where it was parked or which direction it was facing. The various overviews have the truck in different locations. The police came in on the Retreat View Circle side due to the 911 call address. Shellie came along later and picked up the truck with the spare key.

Do you know where George's key was?

Adderal is a highly addicted and abused drug, George was taking the highest recommended dose. Adderal is not a normal drug...let google be your friend. He was also taking Temazepam which is a hypnotic used to treat insomnia...George was drifty at best.

The examiner was who? It doesn't really matter does it? The results are worthless one way or the other particularly given that George was taking adderal.

I wonder if the examiner asked George if he was under the influence of "any" drugs? They ask that question don't they? And there seems to be some question about when that test was administered.

The jury will sort it all out.

An SPD officer took the picture of George with the bloody nose and mouth sitting in the squad car. Did we ever learn the name of the person who took all the other pictures that showed up in the news and online?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#24328 Mar 30, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>The truck should have been photo'd and inspected at least, think about all the time you have spent blowing smoke about that truck and you have no earthly idea precisely where it was parked or which direction it was facing. The various overviews have the truck in different locations. The police came in on the Retreat View Circle side due to the 911 call address. Shellie came along later and picked up the truck with the spare key.
Do you know where George's key was?
Adderal is a highly addicted and abused drug, George was taking the highest recommended dose. Adderal is not a normal drug...let google be your friend. He was also taking Temazepam which is a hypnotic used to treat insomnia...George was drifty at best.
The examiner was who? It doesn't really matter does it? The results are worthless one way or the other particularly given that George was taking adderal.
I wonder if the examiner asked George if he was under the influence of "any" drugs? They ask that question don't they? And there seems to be some question about when that test was administered.
The jury will sort it all out.
An SPD officer took the picture of George with the bloody nose and mouth sitting in the squad car. Did we ever learn the name of the person who took all the other pictures that showed up in the news and online?
The pictures out there were taken by police and his family doctor when he went for treatment. All reports on his injuries are conclusive no matter what media you choose to read.

Again, what does the truck (or where it was parked) have to do with this case? I'm sure his wife did pick up the truck. After all, the police were hauling him in for questioning.

Now I went to the Florida CCW site and looked at the 30 requirements for obtaining a license. None of those questions had to do with legally prescribed medications. There were questions about illegal narcotics, but not legal ones.

The prosecution and defense are at each others throats and have been for some time now. Why is the prosecution not concerned about what prescriptions Zim was taking at the time? They both know it's a non-issue. Besides that, if Zimmerman was acting oddly, or to the point authorities questioned his sobriety, they would have made him take a blood test to see what he was on. Obviously, police didn't suspect anything about his state of mind.
Spike

Kent, OH

#24329 Mar 30, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
While I don't agree with what you think is the truth, isn't he suppose to be helping his brothers case, not hurting by showing a pattern of racism in his family?
Todays definition of a racist is,,anyone who disagrees with or wins an argument with a minority is a racist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 3 min WasteWater 278
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 16 min Frankie Rizzo 938
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Injudgement 1,395,117
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 1 hr OK Barry 1,333
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr -Prince- 19,018
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 60,089
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 6 hr South Knox Hombre 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages