Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29879 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23190 Feb 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
The reputation of the local police with the reputation of activists that showed up to stir it up,
How DARE anyone protest lynching! This teenage boy brought all this on his own self- how DARE he be walking the street at night like he was a white boy!
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#23195 Feb 16, 2013
State Attorney Angela Corey upgrades her pension with taxpayer dollars.....WoooHoooo!!!!

State Attorney Angela Corey has spent $235,000 in taxpayer dollars to upgrade her pension and the pension of her senior prosecutor, according to state records.

The money was used to increase the percentage of pay that will be provided as a pension for both Corey and Bernie de la Rionda, raising the amount each will receive when they retire. Corey said she also plans to increase the pensions of 17 prosecutors, although that plan does not have a price tag.

Using the department funds for such a purpose is legal, with a change in state law in 2001 allowing state agencies to pay to upgrade the accrual rate for certain workers. The Times-Union has asked the Florida Retirement System for records showing any other state workers in Northeast Florida whose pensions have been upgraded

Corey and de la Rionda each had almost 14 years of service that could be upgraded. Doing so cost $108,439 for Corey and $126,653 for de la Rionda.

Both Corey and de la Rionda make $150,076 a year. Based on their years of service, their annual pensions will be about $65,000, including the upgrade, which adds about $8,300 a year

The taxpayers $$$$ is her personal buffet...all she can eat.

Political Witch (Federal Judge??)

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#23196 Feb 16, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
State Attorney Angela Corey upgrades her pension with taxpayer dollars.....WoooHoooo!!!!
State Attorney Angela Corey has spent $235,000 in taxpayer dollars to upgrade her pension and the pension of her senior prosecutor, according to state records.
The money was used to increase the percentage of pay that will be provided as a pension for both Corey and Bernie de la Rionda, raising the amount each will receive when they retire. Corey said she also plans to increase the pensions of 17 prosecutors, although that plan does not have a price tag.
Using the department funds for such a purpose is legal, with a change in state law in 2001 allowing state agencies to pay to upgrade the accrual rate for certain workers. The Times-Union has asked the Florida Retirement System for records showing any other state workers in Northeast Florida whose pensions have been upgraded
Corey and de la Rionda each had almost 14 years of service that could be upgraded. Doing so cost $108,439 for Corey and $126,653 for de la Rionda.
Both Corey and de la Rionda make $150,076 a year. Based on their years of service, their annual pensions will be about $65,000, including the upgrade, which adds about $8,300 a year

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#23197 Feb 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>George was jumped by Trayvon, as he walked back to his vehicle....unless of course, you have solid evidence otherwise?
Hard to misunderstand my meaning here,......UNLESS OF COURSE, YOU HAVE SOLID EVIDENCE OTHERWISE?........
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#23198 Feb 16, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>You'll regret that post pal.
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2013-02-14...

Silly me I forgot the link. And I'm NOT your pal.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#23199 Feb 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Hard to misunderstand my meaning here,......UNLESS OF COURSE, YOU HAVE SOLID EVIDENCE OTHERWISE?........
No, it's hard to understand what you're trying to say. George said...George said...George said.

George is facing trial, you stupid POS, because he lied, three maybe four times about what happened and then his attorney's started shuckin and jivin and his wife lied and his buddy Mark who went on Dr Phil and told a completely different story than George told the Sanford Police Department.

A jury of six are not going to buy into all the lies. That's why O'Mara is trying to put the victim on trial.

Racism is a mental disorder.

Level 7

Location hidden

#23200 Feb 16, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
That is simply incredible......But, i guess we should'nt be surprised when she has shown no reason not to burden the state with this bogus charge and trial, againest George Zimmerman.......I like the comment about how, as she is a conservative republican politician, she is alway's looking to save the taxpayer's money....lolololol.......

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#23201 Feb 16, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody likes the LAW do they... tough shyt. It's still the law, and in Florida it's Republican style.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23202 Feb 16, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
Telecommunicator Spotlight: Sean Noffke Ready for Anything
"We don't have control we give advice."
Noffke was prepared for the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman incident when he received the call. He handled it professionally and calmly. People have asked if he really took the call.Ill say yes, that was me, Noffke says. Others will tease him and tell him that it was a good thing that he took the call. Many personnel in his agency have told him he did a great job.
Unaware of how famous his voice had become on national networks, Noffke returned from a weeklong vacation and was lying in bed when he turned on the television. He heard a voice emanating from the TV that sounded strikingly similar to his own. He then realized it was the 9-1-1 tape being played for the world to hear.
http://psc.apcointl.org/2012/06/14/telecommun...
* I noticed they keep referring to the 911 call, we know it was the non-emergency number George called.
Great post, thanks much. I didn't think he was that young. He sounded older on the 911 recording.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23203 Feb 16, 2013
serfs up wrote:
The reputation of the local police with the reputation of activists that showed up to stir it up, turned this into a circus. if Zimmerman is guilty then he goes to jail. But stacking the deck against anyone accused and then worrying about reprisals after the fact is dangerous. We have screwed up many times with justice in America. This case did not have to be this way. If Zimmerman is voted innocent I hope there are no riots. But unlike the past, I don't believe many people are going to care. And for damn sure, the feds better not vote funding for repairs to the neighborhoods when so many other people are hurting or have their wallets fleeced by government.
I wouldn't worry about any riots. This isn't California. Citizens in Florida are armed and they won't put up with it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23204 Feb 16, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you believe the media accounts of the Zimmerman case.
Today George's attorneys are heading back to court for a hearing in which they will ask the judge to delay the stand your ground hearing which had been set for April. If the state truly had no case why would O'Mara want to delay a hearing that would set his client free and protect him from civil actions?
Could it be that O'Mara doesn't want to expose his client to having to testify and face cross examination? Could it be that O'Mara doesn't want a judges decision on his clients culpability?
Could it be that O'Mara expects his client to be convicted and is already building a case for appeals?
Could it be they need more money and are getting very little cooperation from the prosecutor?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/George-Zimme...
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#23205 Feb 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>That is simply incredible......But, i guess we should'nt be surprised when she has shown no reason not to burden the state with this bogus charge and trial, againest George Zimmerman.......I like the comment about how, as she is a conservative republican politician, she is alway's looking to save the taxpayer's money....lolololol.......
Did you hear Dooley is out with a GPS Monitor on a $100,000 bond while his case is on appeal?

http://baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/new...

Level 5

Location hidden

#23209 Feb 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Hard to misunderstand my meaning here,......UNLESS OF COURSE, YOU HAVE SOLID EVIDENCE OTHERWISE?........
"Apparent facts discovered through logical inquiry that would lead a reasonably intelligent and prudent person to believe that an accused person has committed a crime, thereby warranting his or her prosecution, or that a Cause of Action has accrued, justifying a civil lawsuit."
Evidence.

And you have four versions of the pedophile's story...

Which are you going with?

And WE ALL KNOW ZIMMERMAN IS A LIAR, curious as to when you think he was telling the truth and when he wasn't.

Level 5

Location hidden

#23211 Feb 16, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be they need more money
The pedophile hasn't stopped begging for money since he was arrested, Pinocchio.

Of course, he first had to pay off all his credit cards he ran up some $30,000 before he killed this boy.

Level 5

Location hidden

#23212 Feb 16, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't worry about any riots. This isn't California. Citizens in Florida are armed and they won't put up with it.
Alligator mouths and hummingbird azzes.

Like you, you pathetic whiny butch.

But look for your pedophile hero taking a plea and spending many years doing what you do for fun: being plowed over the back of a toilet seat.

Level 7

Location hidden

#23214 Feb 16, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear Dooley is out with a GPS Monitor on a $100,000 bond while his case is on appeal?
http://baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/new...
Thank's so much.....something tell's me, his lawyer is gonna weasel him outta this sentence....

Level 7

Location hidden

#23215 Feb 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Evidence.
And you have four versions of the pedophile's story...
Which are you going with?
And WE ALL KNOW ZIMMERMAN IS A LIAR, curious as to when you think he was telling the truth and when he wasn't.
SORRY, I don't play your pedophile games.....

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#23223 Feb 17, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an expert on Florida's citizens too?

Lying about where you live aren't you?

Is Shellie Zimmerman's trial next week?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23224 Feb 17, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>You're an expert on Florida's citizens too?
Lying about where you live aren't you?
Is Shellie Zimmerman's trial next week?
I may not be an expert on Floridans, but I do know how gun people think because I'm one of them. If that trial was being held here and Zimmerman was found not guilty, I would be packing for at least a week or so.

One of the best things about CCW's is you don't have to pull the trigger for the gun to be effective. Just the idea that innocent people can be carrying a gun and have full legal authority to use it is enough to make criminals second guess their decision to be violent.
No you are

Fairfield, CT

#23225 Feb 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>George was jumped by Trayvon, as he walked back to his vehicle....unless of course, you have solid evidence otherwise?
How about the fact that GZ himself says it happened differently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 min Murph 71,834
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,231,636
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Earthling-1 53,440
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 38 min Anne 97,251
Song Title Game 1 hr Princess Hey 108
last post wins! (Jul '11) 2 hr Doobie Time 5,713
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Doobie Time 12,136
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr CanUsa 497,940
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]