Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#22864 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<YOU ADD NOTHING TO THE DISCUSSION!
You might consider going back to your KKK website where you can have one of those open discussions with like minded bigots such as yourself and not have to worry about persons like me slapping the snot out of you and proving you to be the m/f c/s liar you see first thing in the morning when you wash the spooge off your face?
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

#22865 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So very true. I was having a similar discussion with a guy in my city who is black. In fact, he's the one who brought us to Topix. We've never met, but spoke for years.
Discussing our suburb, I explained to him that the neighborhood would be great if there were no blacks. He contested that there are good blacks and bad blacks just like there are good whites and bad whites
I agreed but explained the difference is that when bad whites try to move into a suburb like ours, the good whites hassle them until they move out. Black people don't do that. No matter how good or bad a black family is, the good black people stick up for them no matter what. This is how our suburb went to hell. In fact, lower income whites don't even want to live among us. Most don't try to sneak into the suburbs.
We went on and on about race and our city, and then I pointed to him it's the laws that stop us from weeding out good or bad when it comes to blacks. We can't refuse to sell our home to a bad black person, refuse to rent to them, and can't stop them from coming to our shopping centers.
So I asked him "If there were a law that allowed us to have no minorities in our suburb, no living here, shopping here, no passing through, what do you suppose would happen if it were legal to do so? The price of our homes would double, taxes would be down because we would need less police, stores would be opening up everywhere because there would be no fear of being robbed.
He didn't like my comment, but had to agree that it was true.
I would disagree with you, X. People are just people. I don't pretend to understand why ghetto dwellers behave the way they do, but in my experience, they behave that way whether they are black, white, or any other color. Most of the ghetto dwellers are black, it is true, but others who live there are no more responsible or interested in improving their communities than the blacks. We live in a middle class suburban subdivision. There are black families here, spanish families, and a few asian families. All told, they probably make up 20% or so of all the people who live here. There has never been a problem with any minority here. The black kids in my neighborhood are polite, they do well in school, they treat others with respect, and they don't wear hoodies or baggy pants. Same for the spanish kids and the asians. There are no wandering bands of teens, no break-ins, no crime whatsoever. In the fifteen years we've lived here there have been two houses broken into and one car. All the people who did it were caught, and none were from the neighborhood. When my kids were young, our back yard pool looked like a league of nations between their neighborhood friends and their friends from school. Neighborhood picnics are the same. It was not Trayvon Martin's skin color that caused his death, it was his attitude and his behavior. He was a violent little punk who thought he could kill a man for looking at him. He found out he was wrong. There are kids (and adults) of all colors who have that same stupid attitude. I don't know that the ghetto-mentality can be repaired. It certainly cannot be repaired as long as we make excuses for them and continue to financially subsidize their useless lives through taxes. If they were forced to work for a living, they wouldn't have time and energy to commit all these crimes.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22866 Jan 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You might also mention the slavery issue and the dropping of the atomic bomb.
Of course, the state of Florida will be concentrating on proving that the racist pedophile thug chased after this boy, was told to stay with the truck, but the pedophile decided he could show how good a cop he could have been if he had only not flunked out and ignored the dispatcher and confronted this boy who had every right in the world to be exactly where he was at when your pedophile shot hi,.
You nailed it....Tawana Brawley and Atomic Bomb....same things.....GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZ ZZZZZZZ..........
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#22867 Jan 26, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
I would disagree with you, X. People are just people. I don't pretend to understand why ghetto dwellers behave the way they do, but in my experience, they behave that way whether they are black, white, or any other color. Most of the ghetto dwellers are black, it is true, but others who live there are no more responsible or interested in improving their communities than the blacks. We live in a middle class suburban subdivision. There are black families here, spanish families, and a few asian families. All told, they probably make up 20% or so of all the people who live here. There has never been a problem with any minority here. The black kids in my neighborhood are polite, they do well in school, they treat others with respect, and they don't wear hoodies or baggy pants. Same for the spanish kids and the asians. There are no wandering bands of teens, no break-ins, no crime whatsoever. In the fifteen years we've lived here there have been two houses broken into and one car. All the people who did it were caught, and none were from the neighborhood. When my kids were young, our back yard pool looked like a league of nations between their neighborhood friends and their friends from school. Neighborhood picnics are the same. It was not Trayvon Martin's skin color that caused his death, it was his attitude and his behavior. He was a violent little punk who thought he could kill a man for looking at him. He found out he was wrong. There are kids (and adults) of all colors who have that same stupid attitude. I don't know that the ghetto-mentality can be repaired. It certainly cannot be repaired as long as we make excuses for them and continue to financially subsidize their useless lives through taxes. If they were forced to work for a living, they wouldn't have time and energy to commit all these crimes.
I've always felt that people of different races can live together, but people of different cultures can't.

When I was a teen, a friend of mine moved to California. He had no choice, his mother decided to move there after her divorce. After a couple of years, he came back for a visit. He told me that in California, they have no problems with blacks. He didn't see many around and the ones that were around were no trouble at all. In California he said, the problem they have are the Mexicans.

Well, we don't have any problem with Mexicans in Cleveland, Ohio. There are very few of them around. In fact, the first crush I had was a Mexican girl. Nice people. I used to go to her house a lot and watch television. She had only two brothers and her mother was a darling.

I guess it's a matter of where you live at. But from my experiences, blacks don't become a problem until they reach the 30% or better of the community. Blacks have this tendency to not burn down bridges. They want to live in the white suburbs but still hang around in ghetto bars and streets. It's part of keeping your street credentials.

That's how the problem starts because eventually, they bring the ghetto back home with them. Sometimes friends, but many times family members. That's when it goes to hell.
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22868 Jan 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, he stated...the one in red(George) was on the bottam and crying out for help, while the other (Trayvon) was reigning down blows, MMA style.....yet to see any hard evidence, that contradicts this.....the lesbian seem's to have her own agenda, whatever that's about.....
His 911 call---"wrestling".
No mention of clothing at all.
You're talking about later statements. Do pay attention.
2 flashlights immediately--not sure if cops...(can I assume there was no "hand/arm raising" when the 2 flashlights were there?). What picture does that paint?

I guess Selma is your lesbian foible?
Don't know what her front door has to do with anything nor what she is talking about "5 doors down from the 911 caller".
Yeah, whatever that is about. Listen to the 911 calls for the unbiased accounts.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#22869 Jan 26, 2013
What Say You wrote:
<quoted text>
His 911 call---"wrestling".
No mention of clothing at all.
You're talking about later statements. Do pay attention.
2 flashlights immediately--not sure if cops...(can I assume there was no "hand/arm raising" when the 2 flashlights were there?). What picture does that paint?
I guess Selma is your lesbian foible?
Don't know what her front door has to do with anything nor what she is talking about "5 doors down from the 911 caller".
Yeah, whatever that is about. Listen to the 911 calls for the unbiased accounts.
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22870 Jan 26, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
You have NO clue what the SPD loved or didn't love....merely gossip and hearsay is all you're going by.
That wasn't the same Chief of Police during the Ware Case.
The only pattern I see are the blacks wanting more patrol cars cruising in their neighborhoods but yet when they actually see cause and pull someone over daddy cries racial profiling. That's the irony.
Some of the cops that are still there on the force do not like George and it dates back to the Ware case...
George also did a ride along with an officer ....sent a letter complaing about their laziness and his disappointment.
I see more reasons why they wouldn't like George than why they would.
I wish half of you would research the SYG Law with an open mind. The investigation was never closed.
Who leaked that SPD Video to Crump? Why did Matt Guttman say it was Serino then turned around and denied it? Serino didn't get representation for nothing...will he get thrown under the bus?
Same shi#, different Chief.
He knew many of the officers.
What was it about the Ware case that makes officers dislike him?
Bet they don't/didn't voice it publicly. Fling some names out here for us.
I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. It is indeed a chess match, have no doubt.
I do, however, believe GZ was a plant, a mole, in the Ware case. He was sent to check the "climate" of the community following the incident.
Same with his "mentoring". I bet he quizzed those kids on the crime/gang/drug activity in their "hood".
Carried it back to the nest.

Sometimes those "leaks" grow flowers.....
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22871 Jan 26, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe the Martin/Fulton/Crump are seeking justice? Follow the money and you'll find the motive.
I think Sybrina Martin is. I pray she doesn't allow herself to be swept up by "celebrity". Too many people pulling in different directions. But, true, only one direction for justice.
Stay the course, Mom.
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22872 Jan 26, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Days? Tell me what George was doing early hours of February 27th.
As it turns out, lying through his teeth. But, we weren't suppose to find that out. They tried their best to not let the family find out.
Couldn't do it. The rest is history.
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22873 Jan 26, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Concern for his neighborhood certainly does make all the sense. One of the neighbors was hiding upstairs with her baby in a closet during the day while thugs burglarized her home. That's just one incident....go and check out the problems in that area that were going on...tha's why they wanted to start a NW Program...duh!
George said he was on his way for his weekly sunday grocery shopping and not patroling that night... not on foot but in his truck ,it was raining, when he patrols he takes his rotti but not when he goes grocery shopping. He has been seen by different people walking his dog when doing his NW Patrol....not that night.
That night. Concern by GZ that night. Geeze, do try and stay on track.
GZ should have expressed his "problem" to TM.....the object of his problem.....
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22874 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The reasons he gave for calling the police was that he never seen Martin before, that Martin was roaming around instead of walking at a pace as if he were going somewhere, he was wearing a hoodie which is suspicious right from the get-go. If it were a bright sunny day, perhaps Martin just hanging around might not be suspicious. But usually when it's raining, people try to shelter themselves as soon as they can.
You are not young and being "courted". Teens love privacy. Younger brother don't give you much. But, I will concede, I may have wondered what the kid was up to. I guess it was that hoodie that made GZ say "he looks ba-lack".
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Now where do you get that Zim didn't get an address? That's what I would like to know.
Um-m-m-m, on the NEN call? It is readily available to all who seek it. I have no special info.
Other than dropping a digit in the clubhouse address, he never gave one. Hell,even "Sean" asked him,"do you live around there?" LOL
Ok, maybe he did "get" one, but he didn't "give" it to "Sean". LOL
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Zim, Martin asked "Do you have a problem with me?" He didn't ask "why were you following me?"
Yeah, that's what I said. DeeDee used the term "following". Fact is, we don't know....GZ lies......we can only guess
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22875 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zEDBqvEauYUXX
Again, we're talking about his 911 call. First statements are the best, after all. Before he found out who was who.
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

#22876 Jan 26, 2013
What Say You wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Sybrina Martin is. I pray she doesn't allow herself to be swept up by "celebrity". Too many people pulling in different directions. But, true, only one direction for justice.
Stay the course, Mom.
You mean Sybrina who can't even muster up a real tear for her dead thug son? Oh, maybe she has some guilt for shipping him off to his sperm donor when he got to be too much trouble........but justice? No, she's not seeking justice. Justice has already been done. A violent attacker was killed while trying to kill a man. Where was Sybrina when her kid was using and dealing drugs? Where was she when he was vandalizing his school? Where was she when he was stealing jewelry? Sybrina, just like Tracey, is seeking DOLLARS, and they haven't the decency within them to realize how horrible it is to profit from your kid's death. It is no wonder that Trayvon the Thug turned out the way he did.......he had two absent parents.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22877 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zEDBqvEauYUXX
Thanks, some find this thread, and just feel obligated to make an ass outta themselves.....
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22878 Jan 26, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Sybrina who can't even muster up a real tear for her dead thug son? Oh, maybe she has some guilt for shipping him off to his sperm donor when he got to be too much trouble........but justice? No, she's not seeking justice. Justice has already been done. A violent attacker was killed while trying to kill a man. Where was Sybrina when her kid was using and dealing drugs? Where was she when he was vandalizing his school? Where was she when he was stealing jewelry? Sybrina, just like Tracey, is seeking DOLLARS, and they haven't the decency within them to realize how horrible it is to profit from your kid's death. It is no wonder that Trayvon the Thug turned out the way he did.......he had two absent parents.
Money, money, money. Sure, money can distract some....well, like yourself. You really are focused on their perceived "windfall". Jealous much?
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#22879 Jan 26, 2013
What Say You wrote:
<quoted text>
As it turns out, lying through his teeth. But, we weren't suppose to find that out. They tried their best to not let the family find out.
Couldn't do it. The rest is history.
Try to stay on track, you said he had days to figure out a story , he did not. I guess the prosecution will just have to prove his so called lies beyond any reasonable doubt.

Martin racially profiled George as "white" old and creepy, took the law into his own hands, and beat a man who was pleading for it to stop.
Martin baited George, hid, stalked and hunted George until
george was off the phone, then he attacked an innocent man.
The racist black cops were influencing the lead investigator, Serino, to file false charges against George. George's Civil Rights were violated. The Martin/Fulton used their connections in law enforcement from his cop grandpa to his lawyer auntie who contacts Crump who contacts Sharpton who contacts Holder who informs "If I had a son."

Tracy and Sybrina have been manipulated.....they have used their son as a product...he is a t-shirt, a bracelett, a cup, a poster he is $$$$. Sybrina and Tracy have gone from jeans to designer suits.
Now you tell me who's lying through their teeth.

Crump couldn't wait to get his hands on George's call to non emergency dispatcher. They used it to manufacture DeeDee's conversation with Martin. Triplett gave in to the pressure and intimidation and gave them everything. Chief Lee knew it was a bad idea while the case was under investigation.

I have yet to see one Martin Groupie show a time line of what he was doing during the time he ran, George lost sight and DeeDee said he was by his dad's house.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#22880 Jan 26, 2013
What Say You wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not young and being "courted". Teens love privacy. Younger brother don't give you much. But, I will concede, I may have wondered what the kid was up to. I guess it was that hoodie that made GZ say "he looks ba-lack".
<quoted text>
Um-m-m-m, on the NEN call? It is readily available to all who seek it. I have no special info.
Other than dropping a digit in the clubhouse address, he never gave one. Hell,even "Sean" asked him,"do you live around there?" LOL
Ok, maybe he did "get" one, but he didn't "give" it to "Sean". LOL
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's what I said. DeeDee used the term "following". Fact is, we don't know....GZ lies......we can only guess
No, you're not following the events of that night. Zimmerman cut through the houses to get to the next street and copy the address. On his way back, that's when Martin attacked him. This was AFTER he hung up with 911.

Zim said "he looks black" AFTER the dispatcher asked if Martin was white, black or Hispanic. A bit later in the tape, he confirmed that Martin was indeed black.
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22881 Jan 26, 2013
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to stay on track, you said he had days to figure out a story , he did not. I guess the prosecution will just have to prove his so called lies beyond any reasonable doubt.
I don't know what time he left SPD. I assume the wee hours. 1-3 a.m. The re-enactment was the late afternoon of 27 Feb. That re-enactment was fraught with disparity from the NEN call. One of them is fabricated......
(I took the liberty of cutting your conjecturing.)
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to see one Martin Groupie show a time line of what he was doing during the time he ran, George lost sight and DeeDee said he was by his dad's house.
He was a-courtin'!!!
DeeDee also said TM said "behind me again" (so TM lost sight of GZ), "getting closer" (obviously pursuing).
Anybody saying anybody said anything is pointless, see?
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#22882 Jan 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're not following the events of that night. Zimmerman cut through the houses to get to the next street and copy the address. On his way back, that's when Martin attacked him. This was AFTER he hung up with 911.
You're not following the conversation.
So, he did copy the address? WTH does that mean? Copy? He never gave it to dispatch.
Yes, the altercation happened after GZ hung up. While TM was on the phone.
So, if GZ got (copied?) the address, he didn't know WTH to do with it. Kept his little secret? Is that what you are trying to get through my think skull?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Zim said "he looks black" AFTER the dispatcher asked if Martin was white, black or Hispanic. A bit later in the tape, he confirmed that Martin was indeed black.
So, why didn't GZ say "I don't know" when quizzed about the race?
That is, or has become, one of his pet phrases.
Must have been the hoodie, or the way TM ducked in and out of the darkness, or his big 'ol button, or his white shoes. GZ got a chance to confirm it when TM circled his car, right? Just a bit later.....
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#22883 Jan 26, 2013
What Say You wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not following the conversation.
So, he did copy the address? WTH does that mean? Copy? He never gave it to dispatch.
Yes, the altercation happened after GZ hung up. While TM was on the phone.
So, if GZ got (copied?) the address, he didn't know WTH to do with it. Kept his little secret? Is that what you are trying to get through my think skull?
<quoted text>
So, why didn't GZ say "I don't know" when quizzed about the race?
That is, or has become, one of his pet phrases.
Must have been the hoodie, or the way TM ducked in and out of the darkness, or his big 'ol button, or his white shoes. GZ got a chance to confirm it when TM circled his car, right? Just a bit later.....
The reason blacks wear hoodies is to conceal their identity during crimes. Dark and rainy looking at somebody wearing a hoodie can very well mislead anybody.

Zimmerman hung up with 911. After he hung up, he then cut between the houses to get an address for when police arrived. It was not to report it to dispatch. Your assertion is that Zim never got an address which I asked how you knew this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Julia 1,684,608
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr fortmyersf 514,983
thank you st jude for prayers answered (Jul '07) 10 hr SSM 4
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 11 hr So_da_lish_us 13,080
last post wins! (Jul '11) 11 hr Hatti_Hollerand 6,068
News Leader of Orlando-area motorcycle club assaulte... (Nov '07) 11 hr Nutz 770
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 14 hr Princess Hey 23,136

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages