Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

titonton divaunte pants

United States

#22412 Jan 9, 2013
8 years in prison. Never allowed to carry again...
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#22413 Jan 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, CCW training is right up there with internet degrees.
How is it that this pedophile managed to get a CCW and still shot an unarmed boy walking on a sidewalk armed only with a bag of Skittles?
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law must really piss you off.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#22414 Jan 9, 2013
I thought that by now o'mally would have linked today's GZ update in the Sentinel.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22415 Jan 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great.
That First Amendment must really drive you to distract!!!
Of more importance, of course, would be the CCW permits.
Coming soon.
No special rights...
If I were a gun owner, I'd be buying a bun safe.
Should be required anyway.
There will always be CCW permits in our country and in fact, the federal court ordered Illinois to start a CCW program that they didn't want. I guess they love all those Chicago murders that take place every day.

What you anti-gun people have to realize is now the politicians are on our side. Times are a changing my friend and you are either with us or against us. Don't expect safes or anything else to become law. If anything, the rules on gun owners and carriers are easing every single year. I anxiously await the day we are permitted to use our firearms to stop theft. See somebody stealing your car or lawnmower--BOOM! Perfectly legal.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#22417 Jan 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be CCW permits in our country
The word in CCW permit is "permit".

Not "right".

And a great spot to start is making sure the records are spotless and updated.

And open for review...

Level 5

Location hidden

#22418 Jan 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<
What you anti-gun people
What you gun gnutters have to realize is Americans are tired of you screaming for special rights that not only you don't deserve but that you habitually abuse.

Instead of whining about your special rights to have a CCW so you can "protect the family"- and end up killing the wife- I say: get the number of murder spouses to under one thousand for say three years in a row.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22419 Jan 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The word in CCW permit is "permit".
Not "right".
And a great spot to start is making sure the records are spotless and updated.
And open for review...
They already are. After your completion of the course, you then have to be electronically fingerprinted which goes through the FBI electronic fingerprint database to determine if you are a person they are seeking for a unresolved case. Also, all your records are checked out for police interaction with violence, firearms, and any other medical conditions (including mental illness) that would prevent you from obtaining a permit to carry a firearm.

Level 5

Location hidden

#22420 Jan 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
I anxiously await the day we are permitted to use our firearms to stop theft.
Why not start holding your breath now?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22421 Jan 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you gun gnutters have to realize is Americans are tired of you screaming for special rights that not only you don't deserve but that you habitually abuse.
Instead of whining about your special rights to have a CCW so you can "protect the family"- and end up killing the wife- I say: get the number of murder spouses to under one thousand for say three years in a row.
"Gun nutters" as you call them are not asking for special rights. The US Constitution doesn't give special rights--only liberals do. The US Constitution extends rights to all Americans.

The fact of the matter is that violence and murders have been on the steady decrease in the last couple of decades. The liberal solution? Interrupt that pattern. Not only interrupt that pattern, but go in reverse instead. It's also fact that more murders are committed using blunt objects, hands and feet to kill people than rifles including the dreaded assault rifles. The liberal solution? Don't address the blunt instrument issue, instead, insist on an assault weapons ban.

The liberal solution is not to address the mental health issues, but address the guns that they are capable of obtaining. But as we've all seen, there are no mass murders committed from firearms purchased from gun shows or registered gun sellers.

In other words, all these liberal solutions won't solve one thing. They only use the deaths of others to promote their anti-gun agenda. As usual, they lie saying they are focusing in on a problem, but that's not what they are doing.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#22422 Jan 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
BareAss, for once I agree with you. You actually wrote something intelligent! Guns are on the hot list when it comes to theft. I guess that's something a liberal media outlet in New York never figured on. They published the names and addresses of all registered gun owners in the state; even provided a map to their locations.
Liberals are not the solution to our problems; liberals are the problem.
lol! Oh, right!

That's why bushie took this country to invade a sovereign nation like iraq for nothing. He was acting as a solution to a "liberal" problem.

What a waste of time, money and lives. Conservatives must consider those "benefits!"

Level 5

Location hidden

#22423 Jan 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gun nutters" as you call them are not asking for special rights.
Of course they are- and always have.

What product manufacturer get to claim it can be sued for the product it makes, and why?

For one example out of many.

Level 5

Location hidden

#22424 Jan 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
The US Constitution doesn't give special rights--only liberals do.
The US Constitution doesn't give you special rights, Shug, though you insist it does.

That isn't the Constitution's fault, of course, it's a problem with people like you that can't read.

Level 5

Location hidden

#22425 Jan 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
The fact of the matter is that violence and murders have been on the steady decrease in the last couple of decades.
The fact of the matter is it isn't.

Of course, I use real facts- FBI and DoJ numbers, for example.

Are you going to end up on topic in this thread at some point, dooshbag?
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#22426 Jan 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
here's what I gather from the fbi crime stats. Violent crime has been declining for 5 years straight. http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/29/justice/us-viol...
Guess what else has been on the rise for the past 5 years? Gun sales and people getting ccw pernits. "Dooshbag".:-\
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22427 Jan 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is that what you use? Well, if you use those statistics, post them here for all of us to read. I'm sure you have the link stored away in a folder somewhere so you can constantly monitor it.

Level 5

Location hidden

#22428 Jan 10, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> here's what I gather from the fbi crime stats.
Cherry picking sweetie: I can do the same thing.

Are you going to post on topic?

Level 5

Location hidden

#22429 Jan 10, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
Guess what else has been on the rise for the past 5 years?
Global temperatures, Dooshbag.

Sales of electric cars.

Your weight, fatty.

Are you going to post on topic?

Level 5

Location hidden

#22430 Jan 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, is that what you use? Well, if you use those statistics, post them here for all of us to read.
Here's a thought: Are you going to post on topic? You don't like the other twenty gun threads you post on that you have to continue the same rants here?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22431 Jan 10, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a thought: Are you going to post on topic? You don't like the other twenty gun threads you post on that you have to continue the same rants here?
In other words, you lied....... again. Trying to change the subject won't help. We're not like all your other dumb liberal friend.

Level 5

Location hidden

#22432 Jan 10, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you lied..
In other words: the topic is "Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid" and I don't need respond to off topic copy & paste spams.

It seems that Topix asks very little and you cannot even follow their rules.

Imagine how you behave when it comes to firearm regulations.

There are AT LEAST TEN gun threads.

Pick one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 min AN is me 509,860
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,347,598
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Captain Obvious 57,313
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) 13 hr Ginxs 226
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 15 hr Get Real 25,539
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Wed Murph 73,309
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Tue zazz 97,821
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages