Florida QB Tim Tebow: Return for seni...

Florida QB Tim Tebow: Return for senior season not about title,...

There are 139 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 5, 2009, titled Florida QB Tim Tebow: Return for senior season not about title,.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Tim Tebow stood in the governor's mansion on Thursday morning and said the reason why he's returning for his senior season at Florida is not so much because he wants to lead the Gators to another national ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
fan

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#1 Mar 5, 2009
Honestly, does everyone think this guy is THIS perfect all the time? I think not! Andrew, you are the Seminoles beat writer...why are you writing about Tebow? It figures that the Gators could manuever the NCAA into changing the rules for their beloved Tebow. Amazing!
London

Frisco, TX

#2 Mar 6, 2009
The NCAA leaders are finally coming to their senses! Tebow is an amazing young man who should be celebrated for his demeanor both on and off the field. In these days of the 'Me Generation', it is great to see someone who is a fine role model. I can not believe how many people don't like him because of religion. Are you people opposed to freedom of religion and freedom of expression?
Dick Tracy

Ocala, FL

#3 Mar 6, 2009
I am humbled, inspired and encouraged to see this young man lead by example, the youth of today. My prayer is that he will be given the strength to resist the temptations that are sure to come his way and that he will accomplish his goal of helping others with the msot important message of Jesus Christ. Tim....Lead On.
ucfknight

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Mar 6, 2009
so tebow is skipping school?
Enough

Christmas, FL

#5 Mar 6, 2009
Please, can we go a week without worshipping the almighty Tim Tebow? He's a good kid, we get it.
enoughalready

Orlando, FL

#6 Mar 6, 2009
I am both surprised and proud that an ACC/Seminole fan would write such a positive story about Tebow. I am sure people are getting tired of hearing about Tim, but the truth is...he is the real deal. It is through Tebow's faith and through serving others, that makes him such a great leader. May God continue to bless Tebow...he truly deserves it.
Oh yeah BTW, good article Andrew!
AAAARRRRGGHH

Oviedo, FL

#7 Mar 6, 2009
fan wrote:
Honestly, does everyone think this guy is THIS perfect all the time? I think not! Andrew, you are the Seminoles beat writer...why are you writing about Tebow? It figures that the Gators could manuever the NCAA into changing the rules for their beloved Tebow. Amazing!
WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Jealous? All you 'Noles would jizz in your pants if Tim Tebow wore the garnet and gold. Too bad for you... enjoy another loss this year.
The Flying Squirrel

Oviedo, FL

#8 Mar 6, 2009
I wish all young college sports participants would stop for a few seconds and realize that the purpose of their attending college in the first place is NOT to be drafted by the NFL or NBA but to finish and walk off that stage with a diploma that might allow them to obtain a good paying future job. I'd dare say that the percentages are greatly against (1) Being drafted in the first place, and (2) If drafted, amounting to a hill of merde and being ever heard from again. Get your diploma first and then if you don't make it big time in professional sports [ As most don't ] You have something to fall back on besides a job loading and unloading trucks or driving one. A college diploma doesn't guarantee you a big job either but at least it gets you a chance at one.
GatorGal

Palm Coast, FL

#10 Mar 6, 2009
London wrote:
The NCAA leaders are finally coming to their senses! Tebow is an amazing young man who should be celebrated for his demeanor both on and off the field. In these days of the 'Me Generation', it is great to see someone who is a fine role model. I can not believe how many people don't like him because of religion. Are you people opposed to freedom of religion and freedom of expression?
I'll tell you why people oppose to Tim. It's everything! Everything about him urks people because he is the whole package. They are SO jealous that he is successful in everything he does on and off the field. They have questioned his abilities all along the way and he always answers those questions. These people are mad because he beats their team every year and runs over their defensive backs. I guess it makes them feel better to make fun of him but it all boils down to one thing...Jealousy. If you don't like Tim don't read the articles and then blog something nasty and say that there are too many articles about him. You haters are obsessing!
GO GATORS!
yeagators

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Mar 6, 2009
He is the man....athletically and spiritually...
Matthew Abaddon

Orlando, FL

#12 Mar 6, 2009
Religion is bad because it stunts intellectual growth and cripples human interaction; because it is an engine of control and oppression (mostly of women), and because it alienates people from the real, physical world and all its wonders. It narrows horizons, engenders isolation and fear, and strives in most cases to limit and control the experience and value of emotional, sexual and physical pleasure. It has been the driving force of wars for thousands of years causing deaths over a fictional being.

Any human being that preaches religion should be seen as an enemy to the evolution of the human species.

Sorry Tebow should not be allowed to miss school to preach. This is a state funded university, not a private university.

Since: Sep 07

Greensboro, NC

#13 Mar 6, 2009
Enough wrote:
Please, can we go a week without worshipping the almighty Tim Tebow? He's a good kid, we get it.
You miss the whole point of the article. Tebow is staying in school to help spread his faith. The more publicity about his faith & what he contributes to charity - well, it just may rub off on some of today's youth. What's so wrong about that?

Greensboro, NC

#14 Mar 6, 2009
The Egyptian Magician wrote:
yeah Tebow cant keep his teamates from getting arrested (22 in Myer's reign) but he feels like he can spread his corny religious message to today's youth. he's a J E R K O F F
BITTER, party of one - your table is now ready!
Seminole

Winter Haven, FL

#15 Mar 6, 2009
TB is great, I wish him well, except one loss a year to 'Noles. I wish we had him. But when he said people are looking for "change" I thought, uh oh, I hope he's doesn't support you know who. That would be a bummer.

Greensboro, NC

#16 Mar 6, 2009
The Flying Squirrel wrote:
I wish all young college sports participants would stop for a few seconds and realize that the purpose of their attending college in the first place is NOT to be drafted by the NFL or NBA but to finish and walk off that stage with a diploma that might allow them to obtain a good paying future job. I'd dare say that the percentages are greatly against (1) Being drafted in the first place, and (2) If drafted, amounting to a hill of merde and being ever heard from again. Get your diploma first and then if you don't make it big time in professional sports [ As most don't ] You have something to fall back on besides a job loading and unloading trucks or driving one. A college diploma doesn't guarantee you a big job either but at least it gets you a chance at one.
THANK YOU!! I'm glad SOMEBODY finally said something about this issue! My father and I get furious when we hear of student athletes leaving early for the pros. What about the full-ride scholarship that the school gave them? The school gives these kids a full ride in exchange for 4 years of play. Every school tries to build a solid program & it usually takes 3-4 years for each athlete to develop (there are a few exceptions: Tebow, Harvin). To me, an athlete leaving early is in breach of contract if he's getting a full scholarship. And to Flying Sqirrel's point, a degree from higher education, to me says a lot more about a person than what that person does on the gridiron.
Austin

Gainesville, FL

#17 Mar 6, 2009
Hopefully Tebow continues to stay as classy as he currently is.
GatorGal

Palm Coast, FL

#18 Mar 6, 2009
ucfknight wrote:
so tebow is skipping school?
Tim is not skipping school. It's UF's Spring Break.
allen

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#19 Mar 6, 2009
All you Tebow haters need to take a few minutes and take a look at yourself in the mirror. Maybe then you will be able to figure out why you hate so much on a person who has done so much good. It's alot easier to lay on a couch and criticize someone then to get off your butt and go make a difference in the world.
A E Banks

Gainesville, FL

#20 Mar 6, 2009
Once the NCAA finishes their investigation the Gator program will be gone anyway. He needs to be praying!
Matthew Abaddon

Cocoa, FL

#21 Mar 6, 2009
allen wrote:
All you Tebow haters need to take a few minutes and take a look at yourself in the mirror. Maybe then you will be able to figure out why you hate so much on a person who has done so much good. It's alot easier to lay on a couch and criticize someone then to get off your butt and go make a difference in the world.
I love looking at myself in the mirror everyday... and I am criticizing from a chair thank you... I am a man of science not faith, and Tebow is a threat to science

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min USAsince1680 1,521,328
Republican Party of liars, cheats, sex offenders 2 hr ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
April is Child Protection Month but Trump Hosts... 3 hr ChildAbuse is Wrong 1
News Bush revokes pardon after learning of GOP donation (Dec '08) 5 hr Julios Lottery ti... 15
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 9 hr Murphey_Law 87
News Let's Talk About Something Other Than Casey Ant... (Jul '11) 11 hr Steve Eller 38
caylee anthony>> her biological father (Sep '08) 15 hr Lon Spector 522

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages