Location hidden

#86 Jul 1, 2013
Traitor. Should be hung.
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#88 Jul 1, 2013
Hero wrote:
Plenty of hero's in the world.
The latest hero that comes to mind is spelled S-N-O-W-D-E-N, Snowden, an all American hero that exposed to the public , government is spying on you, and he can't take it. Leaving the United States.
It's sad times in America when Russia is more of a Free country than the US.
Is this really a surprise to you? Or anyone for that matter?

Gov't's spy. I'm thinking he knows that they use it at even the lowest levels of government.

Do you think he has passed on info to comrades here in the US?

Has he presented his suspicions through appropriate channels and met resistance?

He's brave, if not dead.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#89 Jul 1, 2013
Did you read this creatively concocted article?

Snowden Seeks Asylum in Russia, Putting Kremlin on the Spot
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/02/world/europ...

Not to write a book, but for starters......

"At a news conference on Monday, Mr. Putin tried to thread the needle........(sewer)....

The Russian Communist Party favours blabbers.........“To be honest, I can’t see any problem there,” Ivan Melnikov, one of the leaders of Russia’s Communist Party, told Interfax........"

"At a round table on Monday, a prominent leader of United Russia, the main pro-Kremlin party, said Mr. Snowden “has done no less to win the Nobel Prize than Barack Obama.” Kirill Kabanov, a member of the presidential human rights council, described Mr. Snowden as a man who “tried to save the world.”(Fred Cuny.... Superman?)

“As to the possible departure of Mr. Snowden with some official delegation,” he said,“I know nothing.”.....I KNOW NUT'ING!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#90 Jul 1, 2013
Snowden claims that "he is a stateless person"..

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/01/politics/snowde...

Literally, a "stateless person" is a nonentity, or nonexistent.

I must say everytime I notice Russia's President Putin, it's amazing how he distinctly resembles a very well known past Canadian Prime Minister with rumoured Communist Party affiliations at one time, although Putin is young enough to be his son.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91 Jul 2, 2013
Snowden say's...as a citizen of the United States, it is unfair that they revoke his passport....FOR REAL.....LOLOLOLOL....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#93 Jul 3, 2013
Hey Marce wrote:
<quoted text>\
I realize that in RamblerWorld, trials are not real, & news stories are put out by the media just for entertainment.
But that is not the case in the real world, where most of us live.
On the other hand, what would you do with yourself if you couldn't post this kind of crap?
Did you comment on this news report to express your distain toward reporters and pundits for having the audacity to compare Snowden's grave predicament to a movie script?

Snowden’s Worst-Case Scenario: What if No Countries Take Him?
By Andrew Katz and Noah Rayman July 02, 2013 280 Comments

Edward Snowden, the U.S. leaker who’s been holed up so long inside the transit zone of a Moscow airport that reporters and pundits are drawing comparisons to The Terminal, the 2004 comedy-drama starring Tom Hanks, wants out.

After Russia insisted that Snowden could stay only on the condition that he muzzled himself and stopped “harming” the U.S, the whistle-blower organization WikiLeaks announced on July 2 that Snowden filed 21 requests for asylum around the world, signaling his intent to find a more permanent home.

More
http://world.time.com/2013/07/02/snowdens-wor...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#94 Jul 4, 2013
Seeking Snowden in Sheremetyevo
By Kathy Lally and Will Englund, Thursday, July 4, 1:56 PM

<snip>

An odd choice

Russians are a little bemused at all that fuss over surveillance. Many believe that the authorities can read their mail at will, listen in on their calls and sprinkle bugs around as they please.

“Wiretapping is so common, so this is not news,” said Alina Gorchakova, a 48-year-old account manager who stopped to chat on a city street.

What doesn’t seem normal to many is why Snowden decided to go to Ecuador, his original destination, through Russia. Once he arrived here, with his U.S. passport revoked, Ecuador has grown less enthusiastic. Russia says he can go anywhere he likes — he just needs a destination and authorized travel documents. So why doesn’t he go? Or show his face?

And Svetlana Chibisova, a 45-year-old tour agency manager, found it strange that an American carrying U.S. secrets would travel by way of Russia, where security agencies are very much in control.

“I don’t understand what he was thinking,” she said.“Is he a little boy with no idea about the consequences?”

Olga Prokopenko, 40, deputy director of a pharmaceutical company, said the Snowden affair sounded like a fairy tale.“How long will he have to stay in the transit zone? What is he eating there, and where does he sleep? Has anyone seen him at all? Strange.”

“I really wish he could be in some other transit zone,” she said,“because you never know what our authorities will do.”

Often, the television news doesn’t add up, said Yuri Artemiev, a 73-year-old retired aviation engineer.

“I don’t like this situation,” he said.“It looks like they wanted to get benefits from him being here and then something went wrong — as always.”

Snowden has become something of a ghost, said Igor Pavlenko, a 37-year-old sales manager.

“I am not at all sure that we are being told everything,” he said.“For example, as far as I know, he is in Sheremetyevo now. Okay, but maybe this is just one version. Have they shown us video or pictures of him in Sheremetyevo? No!”

Natasha Abbakumova contributed to this report.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/se...

Some very creative writing.......LOL
Beltway 8

Houston, TX

#95 Jul 6, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
Traitor. Should be hung.
The only thing "hung" in your household is __________
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#98 Aug 1, 2013
Loaded with innuendos........

Edward Snowden's father says FBI asked him to fly to Moscow
Lon Snowden says his son will be 'treated horribly' if he returns to US and in his place he would stay in Russia

James Meikle and agencies
The Guardian, Wednesday 31 July 2013 12.21 BST

The father of the whistleblower Edward Snowden has said the FBI tried to persuade him to fly to Moscow so that he could encourage his son to return to the United States.

"I said:'I want to be able to speak with my son … Can you set up communications?' and it was 'Well, we are not sure,'" Lon Snowden told the Washington Post. "I said:'Wait a minute, folks, I'm not going to sit on the tarmac to be an emotional tool for you.'"

*** okay, so the father is asking the FBI to set up communications with his son, how obvious is that CLUE?
<snip>

Lon Snowden said that two days after Edward was revealed as the whistleblower, FBI agents had arrived at his home outside Allentown, Pennsylvania.

***ALLENTOWN is also the same location where the pipe bombs were allegedly thrown in the river - DL Simpson.

<snip>

He added: "I want you to find safe haven. I know the last 55 days have been very difficult."

*** TIMER 55? Ceasium, atomic clock, eleven symbolism........

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/31/...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#99 Aug 1, 2013
Ever since it was proclaimed Terminal E is a sort of alternate universe, a no-man's-Mecca unique in that it's totally exempt from Russian authority, or any for that matter - a blissful paradise of lawlessness......but notice how often the words ground, dirt or soil are expressed in media reports?

LONDON (AP)— National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden has been granted temporary asylum in Russian soil, ending weeks of limbo. This is how the story developed:
http://news.yahoo.com/timeline-edward-snowden...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#100 Aug 9, 2013
Notice how Wikileaks appears to have done a 360?

WikiLeaks cables condemn Russia as 'mafia state'
Kremlin relies on criminals and rewards them with political patronage, while top officials collect bribes 'like a personal taxation system'
Luke Harding
The Guardian, Wednesday 1 December 2010 21.30 GMT

Russia is a corrupt, autocratic kleptocracy centred on the leadership of Vladimir Putin, in which officials, oligarchs and organised crime are bound together to create a "virtual mafia state", according to leaked secret diplomatic cables that provide a damning American assessment of its erstwhile rival superpower.

Arms trafficking, money laundering, personal enrichment, protection for gangsters, extortion and kickbacks, suitcases full of money and secret offshore bank accounts in Cyprus: the cables paint a bleak picture of a political system in which bribery alone totals an estimated $300bn a year, and in which it is often hard to distinguish between the activities of the government and organised crime.

Among the most striking allegations contained in the cables, which were leaked to the whistleblowers' website WikiLeaks, are:

More --
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/dec/01/...

WikiLeaks cheers Snowden asylum in Russia; rights groups dubious
By Carol J Williams
August 1, 2013 2:46 pm

Edward Snowden and the WikiLeaks organization that helped him evade extradition to the United States to face espionage charges praised Russia for having “done the right thing” Thursday in granting temporary asylum to the former National Security Agency contractor.

In a statement posted on its website, WikiLeaks denounced the Obama administration for its "bellicose response" to the American fugitive’s search for refuge from U.S. prosecution for disclosing top-secret NSA data surveillance operations.

<snip>

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, from his own tentative refuge at the Ecuadorean Embassy in London, pronounced Snowden’s grant of asylum in Russia a triumph in the global battle to protect those who expose what they consider illegal government behavior.

"This is another victory in the fight against Obama’s war on whistle-blowers. This battle has been won, but the war continues," Assange said. "The United States can no longer continue the surveillance of world citizens and its digital colonization of sovereign nations."

Russian human rights advocates were quick to point out, though, that Snowden has taken shelter in a country with a deplorable track record in defense of free speech and tolerance of dissent.

Lyudmila Alexeyeva, head of the human rights advocates of the Moscow Helsinki Group, said it was good that Snowden had finally escaped his protracted ordeal in the transit area of the capital’s main airport but noted that he now finds himself in a country with little regard for the ideals of freedom he professes.

"Having fought for the freedom and rights, Snowden has ended up in a country that cracks down on them," Alexeyeva was quoted as saying by the Interfax news agency.

More --
http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#101 Aug 9, 2013
"Mr. Putin’s spokesman, meanwhile, said as recently as Sunday that Mr. Snowden’s case “was not one on the Kremlin’s agenda,” noting that Sheremetyevo’s transit zone is legally not the part of territory of the Russian Federation."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/02/world/europ...

During this Snowden saga, the question of what legally owns the territory of Sheremetyevo's transit zone and how it came to be handed over has never yet been answered.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#103 Aug 9, 2013
The man nobody wants........

Edward Snowden applies for Russian asylum, Vladimir Putin says stop harming US
Reuters | Updated: July 02, 2013 01:04 IST

.........Wikileaks activist Sarah Harrison, who is travelling with Snowden, handed his application to a Russian consular official in the transit area at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport late on Sunday, Kim Shevchenko, a consul at the airport, told Reuters.

The Los Angeles Times, citing an unidentified Russian Foreign Ministry official, reported that Snowden had met Russian diplomats and given them a list of 15 countries where he wished to apply for asylum. Foreign Ministry and Kremlin officials declined immediate comment on the reports.

<snip>

For the second time in a week, Putin said Russian intelligence agencies were not working with the 30-year-old American who fled his country and leaked details of secret US government surveillance programmes.

"If he wants to stay here, there is one condition: He must stop his work aimed at harming our American partners, as strange as that sounds coming from my lips," he told reporters after a gas exporters' conference in Moscow.

But Putin said he suspected that Snowden would not stop leaking information, because "he feels himself to be a human rights activist".

"So he must choose a country of destination and go there," he said, speaking before the asylum request to Russia was reported. "Unfortunately, I don't know when this will happen."

More --
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/edward-snow...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Earl 1,534,405
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 1 hr Frogface Kate 364
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 9 hr Revelations 166
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 10 hr Voyeur 19,229
News Residents learn how to deal, get rid of iguanas (May '09) 22 hr Bye bye 33
News Going to a garage sale? A few rules (Jun '09) Sun pissed off 22
Go Trump. Sun Bye bye 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance