Orlando man found in grave -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Putnam County sheriff's investigators are searching for clues in the shooting death of an Orlando man whose body was found in a shallow grave there. Full Story
Reader

Grand Island, FL

#1 Sep 10, 2007
Where is the girlfriend?? does she have any clues? This is a shame if he was shot over money.Sorry to the family that now has too live with the loss of a loved one Hope the young man was not involved in drugs or some thing stupid like that.Hope they find his killer or killer's and hope the girlfriend was not there when it happened or did not play a role to have him set up!!!
ORLANDO NATIVE

Sanford, FL

#2 Sep 10, 2007
I am friends with the family and when I first heard of the news the first thing that came to my mind was robbery. I knew that he had a lot of money and believe that he was set up too. The girlfriend needs to be questioned due to the fact that he was there to visit her. Where was the girlfriend when he was killed, how long was it before she reported him missing. My prayers are with you Rose, Frankie, Chevon, Ne'Ne' and Derrell and the rest of the Solomon,Stallworth and Phillip families. God Bless.
John

Orlando, FL

#4 Sep 10, 2007
You might as well put a sign on your back saying "rob me" when if you brag how much money you have.
NEW ATTITUDE

United States

#7 Sep 10, 2007
I'M CONFUSED, THE ARTICLE STATES THIS MAN WAS 20 AND HE INHERITED A BUNCH OF MONEY WHEN HIS MOTHER DIED 20 YEARS AGO. SO, WHAT, HE JUST GOT THE INHERANCE AND STARTED BRAGGING ABOUT IT? NORMALLY THESE MONIES ARE PUT IN TRUSTS UNTIL THE CHILD REACHES 18 OR 21 YEARS OF AGE. CAN'T IMAGINE HE JUST STARTED SHOWING OFF ABOUT IT IF HE GOT IT AT 18...
far away

Big Flat, AR

#8 Sep 10, 2007
NEW ATTITUDE wrote:
I'M CONFUSED, THE ARTICLE STATES THIS MAN WAS 20 AND HE INHERITED A BUNCH OF MONEY WHEN HIS MOTHER DIED 20 YEARS AGO. SO, WHAT, HE JUST GOT THE INHERANCE AND STARTED BRAGGING ABOUT IT? NORMALLY THESE MONIES ARE PUT IN TRUSTS UNTIL THE CHILD REACHES 18 OR 21 YEARS OF AGE. CAN'T IMAGINE HE JUST STARTED SHOWING OFF ABOUT IT IF HE GOT IT AT 18...
yeah that is kind of confusing.......
curious

Orlando, FL

#9 Sep 10, 2007
Actually, if a trust hasn't been set up prior to, then it is state law that a guardianship is set up on behalf of the minor child, who cannot touch the money, or even close the guardianship until they are 18 years old.
curious

Orlando, FL

#10 Sep 10, 2007
If he was 20 at the time he was murdered, then chances are, he was able to have the funds transferred into his own name.
your boy

Tallahassee, FL

#11 Sep 10, 2007
was the girlfriend hot? if he had money she probably was.

“Yes, it's Steve”

Since: Jun 07

Wellington

#12 Sep 10, 2007
Saved money for the burial
Delorjohns

Lake Mary, FL

#13 Sep 10, 2007
????????that girlfriend ......
susan

AOL

#14 Sep 26, 2007
Money is the root of all evil and so is drug.I know killing is wrong, but you never know what your children is doing out on the streets when parents aren't around. No matter what the situation was the bible declares thy shall not kill which is one of the ten commandments. I will give a sernario the investigation states that Alex Phillip died from a gunshot wound in the lower torso as he was running away. I feel if they were really trying to shoot to kill they would have shot him higher up towards the back closer to the chest area. I also think that it wasn't a plan to kill him but only to rob him. these days you can't carry a wallet or pocket book without somebody trying to rob them. Nevertheless this kid was braging about how much money he had. He set his own self up. If he had money he probably was trying to turn the money over to make more by doing illegal things.
willie

AOL

#15 Sep 26, 2007
wow
Myia

United States

#16 Nov 11, 2007
I know the girlfriend of this guy and for folks to think that she had something to do with it is crazy. I know for a fact that she loved the guy with all of her heart. I also knew the ones who are accused of killing him. To be honest, I think that nobody deserves to be murdered and if you have to be jealous of what another person has, shit that is on your hatin ass but it don't give you the right to take someone else shit. Whoever killed him, they know what they did in their heart and in time they will suffer too
Rashad

Hollywood, FL

#17 Feb 17, 2013
ORLANDO NATIVE wrote:
I am friends with the family and when I first heard of the news the first thing that came to my mind was robbery. I knew that he had a lot of money and believe that he was set up too. The girlfriend needs to be questioned due to the fact that he was there to visit her. Where was the girlfriend when he was killed, how long was it before she reported him missing. My prayers are with you Rose, Frankie, Chevon, Ne'Ne' and Derrell and the rest of the Solomon,Stallworth and Phillip families. God Bless.
I want to know is what his girlfriend name I also my parent and me know alex and his family so I just what to know what is alex girlfriend name
rashad

Hollywood, FL

#18 Feb 24, 2013
Myia wrote:
I know the girlfriend of this guy and for folks to think that she had something to do with it is crazy. I know for a fact that she loved the guy with all of her heart. I also knew the ones who are accused of killing him. To be honest, I think that nobody deserves to be murdered and if you have to be jealous of what another person has, shit that is on your hatin ass but it don't give you the right to take someone else shit. Whoever killed him, they know what they did in their heart and in time they will suffer too
what his alex girlfriend name is im good very friend with alex and alex family
rashad

Hollywood, FL

#19 Feb 24, 2013
Myia wrote:
im very good friend with alex and alex family all i want to know what is alex girlfriend

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 13 min MonaLittleMore 490,182
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Agents of Corruption 1,153,940
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 29 min Mary NY 26,179
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Doug77 17,298
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 49,184
Sales Management Leadership Program in Orlando ... 9 hr OrlandoEvents 1
Randy Mcalpin VP Orlando Nissan 12 hr POOR SERVICE 10
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance