Case Docket

Case Number: 4D12-1880

Final Civil Other Notice from Palm Beach County

RICHARD GRUND vs. AMERICAN MEDIA, INC., etc.,

Lower Tribunal Case(s): 502011CA015526

05/14/2013
Oral Argument Date Set

May 14, 2013!

This ought to be VERY interesting to learn more about this civil suit, why it was tossed and what are the grounds for appeal.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3357 Apr 1, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Reference to the "Slipped Away" video here:
INSIDE CASEY ANTHONY POLICE FILE: HUMAN SACRIFICE RITUAL
Published on: October 12, 2009
In a bizarre twist to the Caylee Anthony murder case, an investigation was launched to determine whether the 2-year-old toddler was killed in a human sacrifice ritual.
The ENQUIRER has obtained official case documents from the Orange County state attorney's office in Florida that show the subject of the family's inquiry was Richard Grund - a self-proclaimed Christian minister who says he can cast out demons as head of an exorcism group he calls the "Supernatural Response Team."
The group's bizarre motto is: "If it's not in Heaven it belongs in Hell and if it's in the outer darkness awaiting judgment it needs to stay there."
Grund is a familiar figure in the Caylee Anthony murder case. He appeared on TV shows defending his son Jesse, the ex-fiance of Caylee's mom, Casey Anthony, who is charged with Caylee's murder. According to the police documents, Casey's mom Cindy Anthony at one time wondered if Richard and/or Jesse might be connected to her granddaughter's murder.
Cindy had her private investigator, Dominic Casey, dig into Grund's demon-fighting crusade to determine if there was a connection to Caylee's killing.
"Isn't he crazy enough to do something to Caylee?" Cindy asked the investigator in an e-mail dated Feb. 26, 2008. "People do crazy things like sacrefice (sic) for their strange beliefs." In his reply, the private eye called Grund "a total whack job."
On Web sites titled "The Swords Edge," "Solomon's Porch" and the "Supernatural Response Team," Grund says he was freed by Jesus from a 30-year bondage to the occult that began as a child while he watched Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoons.
He claims he once ministered to a woman "who was born to be a Satanic high priestess."
Grund also posts a video of his demon-chasing team investigating a satanic possession at a house in Rhode Island.
Using devices Grund says can measure paranormal activity and record unexplained disembodied voices, he determined there was a spirit present in the house, but since the homeowners didn't want it removed, he "left it there."
Under the video of the search for the evil spirit, Grund posts videos filled with pictures of Caylee, titled Slipped Away, and Jesus Loves The Little Children.
The police documents show that Cindy Anthony's private eye found no evidence to link Grund to Caylee's death.
Police are convinced they have the REAL killer behind bars: Casey Anthony.
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/ins...
Bumping - original National Enquirer (American Media) story.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3358 Apr 1, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Pentecostal Minister Richard Grund's civil suit against NE, still pending...
Thursday, October 13, 2011Last Update: 9:46 AM PT
Minister Says Enquirer's 'Casey Anthony Human Sacrifice Ritual' Story Defamed Him
By KEVIN KOENINGER
PALM BEACH (CN)- A Florida minister says The National Enquirer defamed him in a Page 1 story and photo: "Casey Anthony HUMAN SACRIFICE RITUAL! The horrible truth about what happened to Caylee," which called him a "'subject of inquiry in possible HUMAN SACRIFICE.'"
Richard Grund says the Enquirer ran its lurid headline, with the equally titillating subheadline, "'INSIDE CASEY ANTHONY POLICE FILE: BIZARRE TWIST IN CAYLEE'S MURDER, Minister subject of inquiry in possible HUMAN SACRIFICE,' right next to a picture of plaintiff, Richard Grund."
Grund is the father of Casey Anthony's ex-fiance, according to media organizations that covered that case.
After pointing out that the headlines included "bright red" and yellow type, Grund adds: "The article has an excerpted blurb stating 'People do crazy things ... for their strange beliefs,' implying and creating the misimpression that plaintiff's religious beliefs played some role in the horrible tragedy of Caylee Anthony's death."
Grund, a minister in the Pentecostal Holiness Church, says that the Oct. 12, 2009 Enquirer article that depicts him as "some demon-chasing child killer" is false and defamatory.
He also claims that the Enquirer's description of him as "a 'self-proclaimed Christian minister' is false." He says he was ordained and licensed by the Pentecostal Holiness Church in 1992. Grund calls it "a major Protestant denomination," and says the group that ordained him, the Association of Evangelical Gospel Assemblies, "is on of the oldest and largest nondenominational assemblies."
He says the Enquirer "never sought to confirm or deny plaintiff's credentials" before it published the article, "but instead chose to use the derogatory 'self-proclaimed' language."
He claims that the Enquirer mischaracterized his membership in a "Supernatural Response Team" as membership in an "exorcism group."
"Plaintiff does not participate in 'exorcisms,' as exorcisms are a uniquely Roman Catholic ritual performed by Roman Catholic priests," Grund says.
Grund says: "The article creates the false and misleading impression that the police in charge of the Caylee Anthony case were investigating a connection between plaintiff and Caylee Anthony's disappearance and death. Plaintiff was never the subject of such an investigation by the police, nor anyone else and said statement was false.
"The statements regarding 'a demonic chasing team investigating a satanic possession at a house in Rhode Island,' are false, as are the statements regarding the posting of videos, one of which is not the plaintiff's creation.
"The overriding message and content of the article portrayed plaintiff as some demon-chasing child killer for public consumption and the profit of National Enquirer."
Grund seeks punitive damages for defamation.
"The statements in the article convey the misleading falsity that plaintiff, an ordained minister, murdered a child in an unspecified human sacrifice ritual," Grund says. "As a result, plaintiff has been subjected to distrust, hatred, contempt and ridicule which has damaged his reputation and ministry."
Grund is represented in Palm Beach County Court by Douglas Roberts, with Stearns, Roberts & Guttentag, of Fort Lauderdale.
http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/10/13/4058...
Bumping - Reported summary of the original civil suit filed by Richard Grund.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3359 Apr 1, 2013
Link to Palm Beach, Clerk of the Court and various motions and ruling from Richard Grund's civil suit.

Here:
http://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/cctrecordsear...

Link to 4th Distict Court of Appeals, file 4D 12-1880

Here:
http://www.4dca.org/opinions.shtml

Link to Live Oral Arguments (May 14, 2013 @ 9:00am)

Here:
http://www.4dca.org/video.shtml
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3362 Apr 9, 2013
Bumping
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3364 Apr 9, 2013
Yes indeed.

Initials only.....

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#3366 May 12, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Reminder -
TUESDAY, May 14, 2013 @9am
Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal Docket
Case Docket
Case Number: 4D12-1880
Final Civil Other Notice from Palm Beach County
RICHARD GRUND vs. AMERICAN MEDIA, INC., etc.,
Lower Tribunal Case(s): 502011CA015526
05/14/2013 Oral Argument Date Set
http://www.4dca.org/video.shtml
Link to Live Video Oral Arguments
Bet you can hardly contain your excitement.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#3367 May 13, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no goods. Lol
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3368 May 13, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not excitement, but certainly curiously ........considering the Rev was very vocal up until Casey was acquitted and ever since has become as silent as a church mouse, INCLUDING the media barely mentioning a word about this civil suit....

The Rev left footprints all over the internet which contradict his original civil suit and prove him a liar, so what is his basis of appeal? The obvious answer is the Rev is not Richard Grund at all, and he impersonated someone he thought was dead but has arisen from the grave to clear his name, so to speak.

That satisfies Cindy Anthony's unusual declaration in the ZG civil suit depo that she didn't know where Richard or Jesse Grund lived nor their phone number even though the Rev claimed that after Caylee was born, when Casey was engaged to Jesse, they virtually lived at his place out the back door of Universal Studios where Casey worked before she became an event planner.....

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#3369 May 13, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Not excitement, but certainly curiously ........considering the Rev was very vocal up until Casey was acquitted and ever since has become as silent as a church mouse, INCLUDING the media barely mentioning a word about this civil suit....
The Rev left footprints all over the internet which contradict his original civil suit and prove him a liar, so what is his basis of appeal? The obvious answer is the Rev is not Richard Grund at all, and he impersonated someone he thought was dead but has arisen from the grave to clear his name, so to speak.
That satisfies Cindy Anthony's unusual declaration in the ZG civil suit depo that she didn't know where Richard or Jesse Grund lived nor their phone number even though the Rev claimed that after Caylee was born, when Casey was engaged to Jesse, they virtually lived at his place out the back door of Universal Studios where Casey worked before she became an event planner.....
'The obvious answer is the Rev is not Richard Grund at all, and he impersonated someone he thought was dead...'

Obvious to whom besides you?

Grund is silent b/c the trial ended nearly 2 yrs ago. What is he supposed to say? No one would give Grund or any of the very minor figures in the Casey case the time of day anymore. The media can't be bothered with writing about Grund's civil suit, since his 15 min of fame died out 2 yrs ago.

The fact that you see impostors everywhere tells us a lot about your misfiring synapses.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3370 May 13, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
'The obvious answer is the Rev is not Richard Grund at all, and he impersonated someone he thought was dead...'
Obvious to whom besides you?
Grund is silent b/c the trial ended nearly 2 yrs ago. What is he supposed to say? No one would give Grund or any of the very minor figures in the Casey case the time of day anymore. The media can't be bothered with writing about Grund's civil suit, since his 15 min of fame died out 2 yrs ago.
The fact that you see impostors everywhere tells us a lot about your misfiring synapses.
I don't expect a Rev to be a man of his word......

11-30-2008, 07:54 AM
FIND'HER

Check out this Blog on my Space..

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm...

What is meant by :
"There will come a time when I will say all and answer all.
I promise you that."

What is he trying to say. If he know something, now is the time to talk. STOP PLAYING GAMES. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A CHILD..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.p...

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#3371 May 13, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect a Rev to be a man of his word......
11-30-2008, 07:54 AM
FIND'HER
Check out this Blog on my Space..
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm...
What is meant by :
"There will come a time when I will say all and answer all.
I promise you that."
What is he trying to say. If he know something, now is the time to talk. STOP PLAYING GAMES. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A CHILD..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.p...
You promised us you'd be gone all summer, yet YOU showed back up two days later. You aren't an iit of your word either.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3373 May 13, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
You promised us you'd be gone all summer, yet YOU showed back up two days later. You aren't an iit of your word either.
I never once said I will be gone ALL summer. What I said was I'm not going to get hooked into following any more cases during the summer which includes George Zimmerman's and his sleezy lawyer.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3376 May 13, 2013
Grund & Company
Painting & Wall Covering Contractors

About Us

Click to view 110 years of Grund... Grund and Company is a family-owned and operated commercial painting contractor, performing work in Seattle and Western Washington since 1898. We have successfully established and maintained our reputation in the Pacific Northwest as a premier painting contractor, working with owners, architects, and general contractors to deliver the highest quality projects and finishes.

<snip>

As the 1950’s and 1960’s wore on, the two families continued to grow. Art and Mildred had their two sons, Darryl and Richard, while Hugo and wife, Esther, had three sons – Raynard, Frederick, and Wayne. It soon became clear that there was not room in management of the company for the sons interested, and the company split in 1966, with the creation of Jacobson and Sons, Inc. in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, and Grund and Company, Inc. in north Seattle – the current location today on 97th and Aurora. Wayne, Hugo Jacobson’s youngest son, owned and operated the Jacobson and Sons business in Ballard, while Richard Grund took the reins of Grund and Company. In 1978, Richard purchased Jacobson and Sons back from Wayne and Hugo, reuniting the companies, and Wayne assumed the role of general superintendent until his retirement in 2008. The company has continued to thrive under the name Grund and Company, Inc. to present day.

Stacey Grund, son of Richard Grund (previous owner pictured at right).......now owns Grund and Company, Inc

http://www.grund.com/about

I always greatly admire family-run enterprises which are able to endure throughout the decades. More often than not, subsequent generations become the fallout.

I wonder what ever happened to this Richard Grund, probably born in the 50s. After he merged the two companies in 1978, it doesn't state that he continued to be actively involved although his son has now taken over the company.

Just an off-the-ceiling wild guess, but something the original ngrace said reminds me of this company, as well as Krissy and the Washington location........and of course the name of Richard Grund. He's a sharp, clever looking man (unlike the Rev IMO)
World War Z

Houston, TX

#3377 Jul 2, 2013
Happy Early Fourth of July.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3378 Jul 2, 2013
World War Z wrote:
Happy Early Fourth of July.
Thanks for bumping this thread and enjoy your celebrations on the 4th!
World War Z

Houston, TX

#3379 Jul 2, 2013
There may be some fireworks here with everyone off.
Xbox Gamer

Spring, TX

#3380 Jul 29, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I never once said I will be gone ALL summer. What I said was I'm not going to get hooked into following any more cases during the summer which includes George Zimmerman's and his sleezy lawyer.
Yard digger with the broken bones likes to twist words. I quit watching HLN. It's a ridiculous channel.

You know Z drove around trying to find a scenario where he could be a hero. He should be working on his mental and physical health instead.
Visitor Dayz

United States

#3381 Jul 29, 2013
Greetings former trollmates. I hope the summer of 2013 is finding you well and in good spirits.

Was I surprised to hear that the 4th district court of appeals upheld the lower court ruling in Grund VS National Enquirer? F*ck No, I wasn't.

Since he is now the official loser, does that mean he DID kill Caylee in a human sacrifice ritual (or perhaps he was her bio-father?)

Was Dom Casey on Grund's payroll the entire time?
Stay tuned.......

Have a great summer. Over & Out!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#3382 Aug 1, 2013
Visitor Dayz wrote:
Greetings former trollmates. I hope the summer of 2013 is finding you well and in good spirits.
Was I surprised to hear that the 4th district court of appeals upheld the lower court ruling in Grund VS National Enquirer? F*ck No, I wasn't.
Since he is now the official loser, does that mean he DID kill Caylee in a human sacrifice ritual (or perhaps he was her bio-father?)
Was Dom Casey on Grund's payroll the entire time?
Stay tuned.......
Have a great summer. Over & Out!
Because really nothing has ever been released regarding the context of the Richard Grund civil suit or the appeal, I will presume the purpose was a matter of evidence being officially entered on court record. A designated power of attorney has that legal right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min UnderstandPeople 1,154,311
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min OzRitz 49,237
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Murphey_Law 490,268
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr Anne 96,661
Convicted rapist, murderer Joseph 'Crazy Joe' S... (Oct '08) 3 hr tyler4 35
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 3 hr Mary NY 26,201
Online Roleplay 10 hr Kaitlyn 3
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:29 pm PST