Capital Punishment: Is it ever justif...

Capital Punishment: Is it ever justifiable to execute criminals?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Its a mad mad world

Emmaus, PA

#4 Jan 30, 2012
Executions are said to be more expensive then life imprisonment. I don't know if that is true or not. I believe Serial killers and mass murderers are a menace to society and society should be permanently rid of them. Anyone who deliberately and willfully takes the life of another, other then trying to protect or defend their life. Anyone who is charged with suspicion of murder, faces a possible DP conviction, but it's obviously important that it be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. If a person has been proved guilty, there may be mitigating circumstances, accomplices or other factors that may warrant a lesser conviction or punishment. All that has to be determined through our justice system. It may not be perfect, but the worse thing that could happen, is to send an innocent person to their death. It's rare, but it does happen. The disturbing part is that some of the guilty go free too. After seeing cases like the O.J and Casey Anthony case and trial, there needs to be some improvement to exact justice for victims. Perjury, false witnesses and leaving out important evidence because it's considered incriminating, does not help to exact true justice.
Tired of Silly

Tavares, FL

#6 Jan 31, 2012
As you can see, Ron does not intend a serious sensible discussion of the death penalty. He advocates it for non-violent crimes, and for anyone who ever called him on his criminal behavior, arrested him, or refused to go along with his lies about his arrests. He frequently refers to Hitler as a role model. He is a racist, bigoted criminal and a sexual deviant. There is no reasonable discussion with this crazed creep.

lumbergh
Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 31, 2012
I am for Capital punishment. When you have people like Komisarjefsky walking the earth, then yes, put them to death. Rid the world of their evil. Period. Only way to handle them.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 1, 2012
lumbergh wrote:
I am for Capital punishment. When you have people like Komisarjefsky walking the earth, then yes, put them to death. Rid the world of their evil. Period. Only way to handle them.
I'm also in favor of capital punishment for truly heinous crimes, which are the only ones it is an option for in FL. i wold also like to see appeals limited, and the time that they can take up severely limited. My feeling is that five years is enough. We should not be supporting these animals in prison for 20+ years while they try to weasel out of a crime that they've been found guilty of. I once worked in a prison health system for a VERY brief time (5 days, that was enough for me!)and was appalled that the beasts on death row were getting better medical care than many law abiding citizens in the community could get, particularly HIV patients. Far as I'm concerned, prisoners should get NO medical care. What's the worst that can happen, a criminal dies? Won't see me shedding any tears for them.
Beware the Sock Puppets

Spring, TX

#11 Aug 9, 2013
You realize I'm not reading your posts. This is just an exhibit of how much you post here and how much you are ignored. Eat that butter in your purse before it melts or do you prefer to drink it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,405,303
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Murphey_Law 513,416
John E. Aills of Leesburg Bowl 3 hr barTENDER 2
News FDA Signals Relaxing Gay Blood Donation Policy 13 hr Thats Right 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 17 hr Princess Hey 19,107
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 17 hr Princess Hey 12,684

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages