Haleigh Cummings case: K-9 dogs find no trace of missing 5-year...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Cadaver dogs found no trace of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings on Friday, and her family members continued to plead for the little girl's safe return.
Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stewie

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 27, 2009
 
Eli is so cute. My father was a k9 police officer so many years ago.Can a search dog smell thru chemical lime.??? Does anyone know if that would mask the odor???
another child

Mount Joy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 28, 2009
 
I would like to know if the dumpster was already emptied after February 10.
Maybe if she was there once that is why the dogs alerted the police to that dumpster. Look in the landfill...
sophiesmom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 28, 2009
 
According to what I read, 3 dogs hit on that dumpster so something was there. Why didn't they let the dogs (the same 3) sniff around the "unopened) bags once they were placed on the tarp? Not empty everything and go through it with a rake! Talk about burying the needle in the haystack!
Bombshell

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 28, 2009
 
My prayers are with this family. I wish the media would leave Ronald Cummings alone and stop bringing up his past - ITS NOT RELEVANT!
ngspeaking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 28, 2009
 
This poor child is missing and her parents (mother and father) are beside themselves with worry. I believe they needs to bring and end to their disputes with each other and focus their energy on Haleigh and finding her. The father's and mother's past needs to be looked at to see if something there caused this child to be taken. I find troubling that a 3 year old can wake up to someone taking his sister but a 17 year old can sleep through it all. I don't know what I would do if the shoes were reverse. God help me and forgive me if I am wrong but something in this story is very fishy.
Smoke and Mirrors

Monroeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 28, 2009
 
Bombshell wrote:
My prayers are with this family. I wish the media would leave Ronald Cummings alone and stop bringing up his past - ITS NOT RELEVANT!
I'm sorry, but his past IS relevant to the investigation. I'm not saying they should be dragged thru the mud, but it MUST be examined and considered. I've seen this said here before, and with all due respect, how anyone can think otherwise is beyond me.

1) Some unsavory character who's had dealings with him could be involved. We're not looking at speeding tickets here, we're reading about drugs, abuse, and other infractions. Even his own family has publically stated that they believe it's someone who knew them or knew of them.

2) We have come to find that DCF has been involved with them in the past, but can't elaborate on it b/c of privacy issues.

I can tell you this, the wording of Ronald's statement regarding the "agreement" he had with this 5 year old girl over discipline, which he adds is according to DCF standards, is a red flag in my opinion. Food for thought...just what sort of "agreement" do you think that was?

3) The best indicator of present behavior, and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior...unless there's been some sort of intervention or life-altering event.

The way I see it is finding Haleigh is #1 priority. Everything else is secondary. Ronald should be concentrating on that and be a man and take the heat. He should own up to what's on public record instead of LYING, and give a simple statement on how he's changed his lifestyle (if that's true). He should NOT be holing up in his tent or trailer or whatever, licking his wounds or whatever his mother has indicated, and put finding Haleigh first and foremost.

Instead, what we hear is basically the equivalent of now he won't talk to the media b/c they're being mean to him. If it was me, no matter what, I'd be out there on any camera that would have me, and as often as they would have me, sending out messages to my daughter and begging for her safe return!
lingo123

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 28, 2009
 
Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, but his past IS relevant to the investigation. I'm not saying they should be dragged thru the mud, but it MUST be examined and considered. I've seen this said here before, and with all due respect, how anyone can think otherwise is beyond me.
1) Some unsavory character who's had dealings with him could be involved. We're not looking at speeding tickets here, we're reading about drugs, abuse, and other infractions. Even his own family has publically stated that they believe it's someone who knew them or knew of them.
2) We have come to find that DCF has been involved with them in the past, but can't elaborate on it b/c of privacy issues.
I can tell you this, the wording of Ronald's statement regarding the "agreement" he had with this 5 year old girl over discipline, which he adds is according to DCF standards, is a red flag in my opinion. Food for thought...just what sort of "agreement" do you think that was?
3) The best indicator of present behavior, and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior...unless there's been some sort of intervention or life-altering event.
The way I see it is finding Haleigh is #1 priority. Everything else is secondary. Ronald should be concentrating on that and be a man and take the heat. He should own up to what's on public record instead of LYING, and give a simple statement on how he's changed his lifestyle (if that's true). He should NOT be holing up in his tent or trailer or whatever, licking his wounds or whatever his mother has indicated, and put finding Haleigh first and foremost.
Instead, what we hear is basically the equivalent of now he won't talk to the media b/c they're being mean to him. If it was me, no matter what, I'd be out there on any camera that would have me, and as often as they would have me, sending out messages to my daughter and begging for her safe return!
Excellent post! Very well said.
Bose Jaez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 28, 2009
 
I expect that we will receive bad news in the next few days. Those people are intelligent enough to keep this covered up for very long.
debbie in ga

Lagrange, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 28, 2009
 
here we go again. first caylee now haleigh.we all know how the caylee saga ended. i hope and pray thats not the case with this beautiful little girl.but most child abduction cases are by someone the child knows.
Enough already

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 28, 2009
 
another child wrote:
I would like to know if the dumpster was already emptied after February 10.
Maybe if she was there once that is why the dogs alerted the police to that dumpster. Look in the landfill...
That's what I'd like to know,I did hear it wasn't but who knows.

“Obey The Sheltie!”

Since: Dec 08

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 28, 2009
 
Excellent post, Smoke. The past is relevant in EVERY investigation, and as you said, the past, which has nothing to do with mud-slinging, but everything to do with leads on characters that could have or would have come in contact with these two kids. I can just imagine the Susan Smith thing. Rumors about a boyfriend, etc. Oh, let’s not dredge up her past! That has nothing to offer. Well, seems it DID hold the clues to everything. Same for the Anthony cabal. You find a lot of answers in the present when you search the past.
Walace

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 28, 2009
 
just follow the meth.
Katrina

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 28, 2009
 
My little girl was with me in the car and another radio news blurb was on about Hayleigh's being missing. She says : "Mommy-why doesnt she just come home??" Very naively...I didnt have the heart to tell her; b/c most likely, she CAN'T!
I have taught all my children about "bad people' and why you have to be careful and they know, intellectually, about "kidnapping" etc..but do they understand in the real world? I DONT THINK SO As eveidenced by my girl's naive Q to me...Why doesnt she just come home.
Something is VERY wrong with the whole scenario and I am losing what WAS high hope, for the child's live return!
Walace

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 28, 2009
 
Katrina wrote:
My little girl was with me in the car and another radio news blurb was on about Hayleigh's being missing. She says : "Mommy-why doesnt she just come home??" Very naively...I didnt have the heart to tell her; b/c most likely, she CAN'T!
I have taught all my children about "bad people' and why you have to be careful and they know, intellectually, about "kidnapping" etc..but do they understand in the real world? I DONT THINK SO As eveidenced by my girl's naive Q to me...Why doesnt she just come home.
Something is VERY wrong with the whole scenario and I am losing what WAS high hope, for the child's live return!
Children should'nt fear "bad people". They should fear their own parents because when bad things happen to kids it is almost always their parents or their parents associates who are responsible!!
montana

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 28, 2009
 
Katrina wrote:
My little girl was with me in the car and another radio news blurb was on about Hayleigh's being missing. She says : "Mommy-why doesnt she just come home??" Very naively...I didnt have the heart to tell her; b/c most likely, she CAN'T!
I have taught all my children about "bad people' and why you have to be careful and they know, intellectually, about "kidnapping" etc..but do they understand in the real world? I DONT THINK SO As eveidenced by my girl's naive Q to me...Why doesnt she just come home.
Something is VERY wrong with the whole scenario and I am losing what WAS high hope, for the child's live return!
Bless your daughters heart...be sure to give her lots of hugs and kisses...so young yet so compassionate.
kent-wa

Bainbridge Island, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 28, 2009
 
Did Haleigh wonder off much earlier than reported missing?.The screen door held open with a brick,the kitchen door ajar,the light left on.Looks like waiting for someone to come home.Waking up within a couple of minutes before the father comes home,just long enough to notice that Haleigh is missing but not long enough to have called the police before the father makes it inside the door.Maybe she wondered off earlier and by the time someone noticed it was getting dark,they couldn't find her and afraid for the father to find out didn't alert anyone.Maybe that's why doors were left opened and kitchen light on,waiting and hoping she would come home.This is just an opinion.
Morgandy

Weatherford, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 28, 2009
 
In Your Face wrote:
Haleigh Cummings has no link on the left column like Casey Anthony. After her story on this page follows Orlando homicide reports. This paper is out of control. No sensitivity to those in pain and profiting off of the loss of others.
Sad, Isn't it? We know where "Caylee Marie" is but not for sure where "Haleigh" is. Where is all the attention for little "Haleigh" now?
Bose Jaez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 28, 2009
 
There is NO privacy in jail. Authorities can watch/observe/tape for any reason or no reason. Big Bertha in state prison will know where the cameras AREN'T!

“Obey The Sheltie!”

Since: Dec 08

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 28, 2009
 
kent-wa wrote:
Did Haleigh wonder off much earlier than reported missing
Actually, her wandering off would be just as good a theory as any. You have a scared young girlfriend who seems too fearful to “remember” anything, a young father who seems clueless, a biological mother just as clueless which all spells one heck of a time for LE to try and get to the bottom of what happened. When all you have are people talking in circles, it must be difficult for LE to even get to that first little shred of truth and go from there.
Stewie

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 28, 2009
 
Is there anyway that Eli the German Shepherd and the beautiful Golden retriever be able to go back and search under the crawl space??? I would start in the middle and work out to the perimeter of the trailer.But the big question is WILL THE CHEMICAL LIME MASK THE ODOR OF DEATH???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••