Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 976)

Showing posts 19,501 - 19,520 of25,738
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

'Defence attorneys plan to call to testify an ex-boyfriend of Arias and the defendant herself, among others, as they work to convince the jury Arias' life should be spared.

The proceedings will play out like a mini-trial as the prosecutor will be allowed to cross-examine each witness, and both sides will offer closing arguments before the jury begins deliberations.

Under Arizona law, if the jury cannot reach a unanimous decision on sentencing, the panel will be dismissed and jury selection will begin anew. Another panel would then be seated to hear arguments in only the penalty phase to determine a sentence. If the second panel cannot reach a unanimous agreement, the judge will then sentence Arias to either her entire life in prison or life in prison with the possibility of release after 25 years."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/05/20...

Even the media is contradicts each other in what is currently happening. The "penalty phase" (sentencing phase) indeed in a "mini-trial" but for some bizarre reason the jury was already asked to deliberate on the death sentence in the middle of it which would be comparable to the jury being asked to vote of the defendants guilt following the prosecution's case-in-chief in the "guilt phase" of the trial.

According to what's written of Arizona Law, a jury only needs be anonymous on voting of a Death Penalty at the concludion of the "penalty phase"......otherwise it's the judge who determines the appropriate jail term, not the jury.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

The most anticipated part of the penalty phase will be when Arias takes the witness stand, though exactly what she will say remains a mystery. Within minutes of her murder conviction, Arias complicated efforts for her defence when she gave an interview to Fox affiliate KSAZ, saying she preferred death over life in prison.

It wasn't clear whether the prosecutor would use those words against her in court, given some experts say it might not work in his favour aimed at securing a death sentence.

"Jodi Arias has proven herself to be a conniving manipulator so she may be saying something like this to get a reaction from the jury," said San Francisco criminal defence lawyer Michael Cardoza. "She may be hoping the jury says,'We won't give her what she wants, and if she wants death, we're giving her life." '

This has to fall within be the most ridiculously morbid pieces ever written......

It's a sad day when the media tosses around a matter such as life or death as if it's a choice on a dinner menu.

:-(

But like the elephant in the room nobody questions what cult, cult, cult utter nonsense has been is drilled into that young woman's head, as to why she thinks DEATH is "the ultimate freedom".....as if being alive is "hell on earth"?

Was Travis Alexander awarded "the ultimate freedom" as well?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

"Earlier this week, after Arias' was interviewed post-conviction, her attorneys asked to be allowed to step down from the case, but a judge denied the request. Legal experts say the decision was not a surprising one because the attorneys have a conflict of interest with their own efforts to try and save her life while Arias has said she'd rather die."

Wouldn't it make sense that the judge would order a thorough competency evaluation over a long period of time and postpone the sentencing phase?

Last week the story is her attorneys were ready to step down - this week they're ready to call her as a witness to testify on her own behalf. How dumb is that?

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
The most anticipated part of the penalty phase will be when Arias takes the witness stand, though exactly what she will say remains a mystery. Within minutes of her murder conviction, Arias complicated efforts for her defence when she gave an interview to Fox affiliate KSAZ, saying she preferred death over life in prison.
It wasn't clear whether the prosecutor would use those words against her in court, given some experts say it might not work in his favour aimed at securing a death sentence.
"Jodi Arias has proven herself to be a conniving manipulator so she may be saying something like this to get a reaction from the jury," said San Francisco criminal defence lawyer Michael Cardoza. "She may be hoping the jury says,'We won't give her what she wants, and if she wants death, we're giving her life." '
This has to fall within be the most ridiculously morbid pieces ever written......
It's a sad day when the media tosses around a matter such as life or death as if it's a choice on a dinner menu.
:-(
But like the elephant in the room nobody questions what cult, cult, cult utter nonsense has been is drilled into that young woman's head, as to why she thinks DEATH is "the ultimate freedom".....as if being alive is "hell on earth"?
Was Travis Alexander awarded "the ultimate freedom" as well?
Wonder if anyoone will take the time to read your Lolita defense once the see the poster's name. Surely not. You take every opportunity to try to portray me as an idiot, don't you? I don't c n paste everthing as this nutcase does.
T-REX

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Post#'s
20908-20909-20910-20911-29012

All reported

“LEST WE FORGET...”

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

T-REX wrote:
Post#'s
20908-20909-20910-20911-29012
All reported
Just curious - why?

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Good Morning Trex

Let the Mitigating Factors begin!

Oh, that's right there aren't any!:)

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
How to tell the difference...?
I didn't know it was possible to use the exact moniker. Don't they say it's already in use?

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

UZZA BUZZA wrote:
Good Morning Trex
Lol. But she colors and traces better than a first grader!! Doesn't that count for something?

“LEST WE FORGET...”

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know it was possible to use the exact moniker. Don't they say it's already in use?
If they don't, they sure as hell should.

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. But she colors and traces better than a first grader!! Doesn't that count for something?
LOL
Good Morning Spooky!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

UZZA BUZZA wrote:
Good Morning Trex
Then it's the responsibility of the prosecution to prove there's not any, by calling witnesses accordingly.

Or possibly the defense will call Dr Samuels and Ms Laviotte to testify again for another month because much of their testimony was indeed that - MITIGATING - as to the reason a defendant murdered to protect herself from an abuser.

Do you recall a couple jury questions were expressly to that topic - victims who murder?

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

CNJ wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Gloomy Days-I hope you. & everyone else realize those hateful posts were Not me!
We all know who it is, not to worry.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Her final plea: Will Jodi Arias beg for her life?
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/18/holly-h...

Might anyone wonder where these dumb headlines about her pleading for her life are coming from, anyone who has followed this case knowing on at least two occasions including one very recently where she has stated otherwise, which the prosecution would immediately use to refute her begging? Sensationalized media drama about the life or death of anyone IMO is the ultimate low of a disturbed society......although I can see the ghouls think it's just tickety-boo.

"If I am found guilty, I won't have a life ... If I killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty," Arias told Esteban Flores, a Mesa, Ariz., police detective, in a videotaped interview July 15, 2008.

Arias repeated her desire last week, after her murder conviction. "The worst outcome for me would be natural life. I would much rather die sooner than later," Arias told Fox affiliate KSAZ in a post-conviction interview.

"Longevity runs in my family, and I don't want to spend the rest of my natural life in one place ... I said years ago that I'd rather get death than life, and that still is true today. I believe death is the ultimate freedom, so I'd rather just have my freedom as soon as I can get it."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/can-...

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning all! Was reading back a little, glad to see a certian someone had all their hats handed to them over the weekend, LOL!
I predict the DP for jodi.
Happy belated Birthday Spooky and Gloo!!
Morning, STM.
Not quite all his hats. It's impossible to remember all of them. But yes, I was glad that he got caught out.

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only if you're registered.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning all! Was reading back a little, glad to see a certian someone had all their hats handed to them over the weekend, LOL!
I predict the DP for jodi.
Happy belated Birthday Spooky and Gloo!!
Thanks STM. I had a great BD.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Jodi Arias witness withdraws because of death threats
By Michael Kiefer
The Republic | azcentral.com
Mon May 20, 2013 7:52 AM

Defense attorneys for Jodi Arias filed a motion for mistrial Sunday after a witness who was supposed to testify as to Arias’ character withdrew because she was being threatened.

Patricia Womack, a friend of Arias, was supposed to testify Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court, but could not because the defense attorneys and the prosecutor spent the afternoon behind closed doors, ostensibly arguing over the defense case.

“However, after returning home Ms. Womack began receiving threats, threats that included threats on her life if she were to testify on Ms. Arias’ behalf,” attorney Kirk Nurmi wrote in the motion.“On May 19, 2013, Ms. Womack contacted counsel for Ms. Arias that she is no longer willing to testify due to these threats. It should also be noted that these threats follow those made to Alyce LaViolette, a record of which was made ex-parte and under seal.”

LaViolette, an expert on domestic violence, testified during Arias’ trial and was subsequently harrassed and threatened by trial watchers who staged a massive defamation campaign against her.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/artic...

So defense witnesses are receiving death threats and the jury who is responsible for conviction is not sequestered.

Makes total sense......only in a reality show!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

"Last week, the jury determined that the murder was committed in an “especially cruel manner,” making Arias eligible for the death penalty."

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/artic...

Last week the jury already knew the defendant faced the death penalty - and the public knew that at a hearing in 2009 when the death penalty was originally put on the table Detective Flores blatantly "misinformed" the court as to events which took place because he said the autopsy results revealed the gunshot to the face was first, not last.

Is this latest "the jury decides" supposed to somehow erradicate the fact the lead detective committed possible perjury -- because the jury "voted the death penalty was okay"?

How elementary schoolish!

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's only if you're registered.
Then there's one good very reason to register.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,501 - 19,520 of25,738
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••