Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 579)

Showing posts 11,561 - 11,580 of25,694
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
None of her questions have any "meat" to them. They're all just namby pampy childish questions and totally uninteresting. All she wants to do is try to catch Dr. D in a misstatement which she will characterize as a lie. Good luck, she's not as careless as the 2 defense experts.
One of the women on HLN last night said the judge and jury are looking really worn and frazzled (my words). Keep it up, Wilmott, and get a guilty just to shut you up.
Great post..
Would you mean a silly question like" what was the copyright of a journal on its 5th publication in 1970?"
Hahaha. Why didn't she add... How many words were in that article and how many pages long was it.....And, what type of printer was used Laser or regular?

LOL

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. After the lunch recess, there was an additional delay. MAYBE, the delay was because the judge was aware of Willmott's exclamation in court. Laviolette determined that Willmott needed a "time out" and the judge concurred.
Good Morning AN.
Yes , i saw there was delay before the delay! LOL
I am wondering also what that was about.???
We never did hear what happened to ALV???
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

T-REX wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning UZZA:
According to the corner's report, the gunsht in the head did not enter the brain, it went through his skull from the left and came out the right side on the front of his face,never touched his brain.The Head shot if done first would have incapacitated his ability to function for a few minutes at the most,it's the stab wound's that did the job and the neck slicing was the coup de gra, so to speak.
The State already introduced testimony that Travis was stabbed first and shot last so that is what the jury is to consider during deliberating if "the state has the goods to convict".

“This too shall pass”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
Was anything ever said in court that Travis might not have been aware he was being photographed?
I agree that the picture of Travis looking right at the camera seem to show that he was startled.
I read or heard? that he relunctly agreed to the pictures after telling her no a bunch of times. He looks less than enthused at the camera. Maybe his sixth sense was working.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

UZZA BUZZA wrote:
<quoted text>Great post..
Would you mean a silly question like" what was the copyright of a journal on its 5th publication in 1970?"
Hahaha. Why didn't she add... How many words were in that article and how many pages long was it.....And, what type of printer was used Laser or regular?
LOL
There was no discussion of copyright of a journal on it's 5th publication in 1970. Dr DeMarte testified she didn't remember any journals that she read, or do you have a poor memory too?

“This too shall pass”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Angel wrote:
Stupid defense lawyers on HLN. Whether it was 62 seconds or 2 minutes... it WAS torture.
Watch a clock for 62 seconds imagining hurting beyond belief and tell me it WASN'T torture.
Anyone who has ever been in excruciating pain for 62 seconds can attest to how much torture it is. Try having a gall bladder attack... pain is horribly unbearable and gets worse and worse as time passes!
I also believe that the whole time she is slashing him she is torturing him with taunts like..
"I'm gonna tell your church, your work and your family what what we have been doing sexually" and him realizing his life is going to be out there for the world to see.
It's not like it was in slow motion either. They were running and reacting at a high speed.
When I was her age, I was about her size and I could have done all that she did including moving T's body, if I'd ever gotten into a frenzy like she did and murdered someone.
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

When the Princeton Educational Testing Services developed new test items for the SAT, the old items are compiled and can be used in the classroom. All the SATs are copyrighted and protected.

Which test did Dr. Demarte testify that she used an older version?

For example, this is a question from the TSI that I found online.

"Was physical force or a weapon ever used against you in a robbery or a mugging? How many perpetrators? Describe physical force. Did anyone die? What injuries did you receive? Was your life in danger?"
really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Dr DeMarte admitted in front of a Judge that she violated copyright of a computer software program used for psychological testing.
Violating copyright is considered STEALING of intellectual property.
I don't know much about. Copyright laws but I understand that juan typed out the questions & that is illegal. Is it really illegal for doctors to loan a test to other professionals in their industry? How strict are these laws?
T-REX

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

This morning's humor::

CATHOLIC HORSES

A salesman was at the horse races playing the ponies and all but losing his shirt.
He noticed a Priest step out onto the track and blessed the forehead
of one of the horses lining up for the 4th race.
Lo and behold, that horse - a very long shot - won the race.
Next race, as the horses lined up, the Priest stepped onto the track.
Sure enough, he blessed one of the horses. The salesman made a
beeline for a betting window and placed a small bet on the horse.
Again, even though it was another long shot, the horse won the race.
He collected his winnings, and anxiously waited to see which horse the Priest would bless next.
He bet big on it, and it won. As the races continued the Priest kept blessing long shots, and each one ended up winning.
The salesman was elated. He made a quick dash to the ATM,withdrew all his savings, and waited for the Priest's blessing that would tell him which horse to bet on.
True to his pattern, the Priest stepped onto the track for the last race and blessed the forehead of an old nag that was the longest shot of the day.
This time the priest blessed the eyes, ears, and hooves of the old nag.
The punter knew he had a winner and bet every cent he owned on the old nag.
He watched dumbfounded as the old nag came in last. In a state of shock, he went to the track area where the Priest was. Confronting Him, he demanded:,'Father! What happened? All day long you blessed horses and they all won.
Then in the last race, the horse you blessed lost by a mile.
Now thanks to you, I've lost every cent of my savings!'

The Priest nodded wisely and with sympathy.
'Son,' he said,'that's the problem with you Protestants,
You can't tell the difference between a ‘simple blessing’ and ‘last rites’.

Level 1

Mesa Az

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
Huge shout out to Bloomin Dazed! Still the most prolific poster on the pedo/killer forum started by and for her. Yo.

“This too shall pass”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

really wrote:
Jodi tweeted to the world that the pill she took was imitrex for migrane. Wwhy didn't she take one yesturday. Its a very good rx. Migrane would of been gone and. Trial could of continued?? Not that I believe she had a migrane.
I've had 2 migraines in my life and Jodi didn't show any of the symptoms of one. One of the worst things is lights, they are so much brighter and seem to be more of them. Then the pain and sometimes nausea. She just don't pass the smell test for being in the grip of one to me.
I did notice when they were all back in court just before the judge dismissed for the day, that JW was looking pretty pleased about something. Gee, wonder why???!!

“This too shall pass”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
As horrific as all the wounds are, the repeated slashes to his back. Travis wrote that when he was a child and was being beaten, he would turn his back because it was less painful. He also said that he used his hands to take the blow.
So did my brothers and I. It's sort of instinctive.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know much about. Copyright laws but I understand that juan typed out the questions & that is illegal. Is it really illegal for doctors to loan a test to other professionals in their industry? How strict are these laws?
JM is not bound by psychological ethical standards and had the right to assume Dr DeMarte purchased the tests she testified about, in accordance to the professional standards, rules and policies under which she is (allegedly) licensed.

I'd imagine the laws are extremely strict, because psychological assessments have serious implications to all aspects of legal proceedings.........child custody battles, civil suits, and criminal proceedings. Whether one is deemed to be mentally stable or not is a foundation our society is built upon, is it not?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

AN other wrote:
When the Princeton Educational Testing Services developed new test items for the SAT, the old items are compiled and can be used in the classroom. All the SATs are copyrighted and protected.
"Was physical force or a weapon ever used against you in a robbery or a mugging? How many perpetrators? Describe physical force. Did anyone die? What injuries did you receive? Was your life in danger?"
Yesterday during the trial proceedings, Jennifer Willmott read the copyright warming on the test document entered into evidence, including the name of company who owned the copyright -- which Dr DeMarte admitted under oath she did not buy.

What test was it and what company was the owner of the copyright, do you know?
T-REX

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

My question this morning is::

Who is the most ignorant,the person putting the Brilliant and agree marks on the insects post, or the insect itself
Hard decision to make this early in the morning for sure.

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
I read or heard? that he relunctly agreed to the pictures after telling her no a bunch of times. He looks less than enthused at the camera. Maybe his sixth sense was working.
Thanks. Yes, Travis certainly wasn't posing for those pictures. But I do think he looks startled in the one where he's looking right at the camera. Maybe he saw the knife in Jodi's hand.

Of course, we'll never know.

Level 3

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

T-REX wrote:
Somebody please explain to the village idiot cockroach.
Making a copy of a CD is not illegal.
It's only illegal if you make a copy or copy's to sell.
And while your at it please tell the idiot,her statement "" Intellectual property"" is so far fetched it's unimaginable a supposed human could even post that.
Brains have intellect,CD's do not.
Cant wait for her to tell us who's brain JD stole.
I have learned quite a bit about copyright law over the years and I can say that the thing is an ignorant fool.

I've also watched this forum for a long time now and the thing needs to be completely ignored. Hit ho's like Toopix are less likely to make an effort to ban someone or cooperate with LE when they have the excuse that people are showing tolerance or approval by responding.

LE will eventually catch up with stalking, threatening, mentally ill trolls. It's just a matter of time. I have the feeling dazy's behavior is catching up with him and it won't be long for the scrambled one gets some unwelcome attention from the authorities either.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Yesterday -
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Listen starting at about 1:46:00.

Are Dr DeMarte and Jennifer Wilmott talking in code?

a number of people......"I believe"..yes, I've heard...same six.....off the top of my head......I don't know, off the top of my head (shaking head "no")........it sounds like you have some information about that (in regards to battered women).......global view.....I'm very aware......
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

searcherfinder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not like it was in slow motion either. They were running and reacting at a high speed.
When I was her age, I was about her size and I could have done all that she did including moving T's body, if I'd ever gotten into a frenzy like she did and murdered someone.
I agree. It's not like she 'picked him up' and carried him in her arms. She dragged him ..wet and slippery on a wet and slippery floor. Which would have made it easier to do.

I also could drag at least twice my weight (100lbs) when I was that age and I am barely 5'2". The urgency of the situation would make someone able to do just what she did. Besides... what's the argument about her moving his body.. how else did he get from the entrance to the bedroom back to the shower???... did he become a zombie and get up and stumble down there?

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

AN other wrote:
Now I'm really worried about criminals buying these tests on the black market. Criminal minds always want to fabricate psychological testing. It's good they think ahead like this.

Just remember, people have been killed over no. 2 pencils.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 11,561 - 11,580 of25,694
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 15 min LizW 17,332
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 28 min LizW 70,215
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min sonicfilter 1,033,331
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr EyeOfTheNewt 95,800
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Lord Hater 42,961
Special court rules against families who claim ... (Feb '09) 6 hr 100 percent frienduh 127
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr Mary NY 478,226
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••