|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mary. I have a question that you might be able to answer. Matt McCartney- Jodi testified that she didnt believe Matt McCartney would ever betray her.
Doesn't the law state that the defense cannot put a witness on the stand if they know the witness will lie? In Jodi's case, the defense was forced to put her up because it is a requirement for a claim of self-defense.
I'm not sure about that. I'm familiar with the courts recognizing when someone is lying and the attorney is allowed to treat them as a hostile witness. I believe that is when The attorney's witness does a 180.

IIRC that Jodi said she didn't think she could trust him anymore. I need to find the clip of that.
AN other

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Who's the dumb azz that said the prosecution wouldn't have another shot at LaV?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

CIG wrote:
<quoted text>
she must be going home every evening and laughing with her live-in partner "another 1800 bucks made today"
she has earned big bucks already - has enjoyed lavish dinners with the defense - and who knows what else she has been promised after her testimony or the trial is over...
You sure want to make sure AL pays the IRS the appropriate tax on that too.
T-REX

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

If I am not mistaking JM called ALV a liar to her face,I bet before it is over there is a good chance this witnesses testimony will be disregarded, it's leaning toward that direction, Willnmot is getting frantic with each question JM ask the witness.AL has handed Jodi's conviction with a ribbon on it to the State courtesy of the AZ taxpayer's..
AN other

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

No point in accuracy when the goal is antagonizing all these nice people. Is that a Mountain Time Zone trait?

"I don't think JM has the opportunity to "step up" again does he? The defense is always given the FINAL opportunity to question their defense witnesses."

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

UZZA BUZZA wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, she is reading the Amazon reviews. I really think of need to post that there. This is just BRILLANT and needs to be said all over the Internet!
Not only is she reading them you can see where she is removing comments because it states it on the page...LOL

Maybe she can start tweeting with Jodi?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Chief Wiggums wrote:
Another comment on AL's stupid book:
Cristina says:
I practice family law, and I agree with your assessment of what Alyce in wonderland has done for real victims of abuse. This is why many are not believed. Because the way abuse is portrayed by people like her is more like a religion, one you have to believe in before you can see, instead of factual like what a real person has experienced. It's a religion also that excludes seeing when women abuse men.
I am very encouraged to read all these posts from real DV victims outraged by this woman!! This lends much more credibility to the difference between real abuse and the religion of abuse that experts like her preach. I hope there is a tsunami of real victims screaming out that she does not represent them, that she is bigoted and that they don't need her expertise. God bless.
This sounds like it was written by a junior high school student.

"the way abuse is portrayed by people like her is more like a religion, one you have to believe in before you can see, instead of factual like what a real person has experienced"

Where did this person get the idea the real person who is abused DOES NOT experience it?

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is she reading them you can see where she is removing comments because it states it on the page...LOL
Maybe she can start tweeting with Jodi?
LOL
She is in knee deep,$hit high!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

AN other wrote:
"BURNS: Yes, she told me she was leaving -- she lived in northern California. She was going to go visit a friend in southern California that had a baby or something like that. The plan was that she told me a week prior to this, she was planning to come see me. And when the day arrived, you know, she called me from southern California around 9:00 PM on Tuesday. She was supposed to get to my house -- it`s a 12-hour drive from LA to Salt Lake City. She was going to get to my house at 9:00 PM. Obviously, you know, I was concerned about her driving in the middle of the night, so I told her to pull over. She had called me. She wanted me to help her stay awake. And so I maybe really expected her maybe around 12:00 or 1:00 PM.
but I called her at 9:00 the next day, on Wednesday. It went straight to voicemail. I wasn`t too concerned at that point. I figured she might have pulled over just to take a nap. At 12:00, 1:00, when it didn`t still go through, now I was starting to get concerned. And then I even tried maybe two other times after that, even contacted another friend that she had in Salt Lake City...
9AM and early June 4th, when the killing occurred, isn't it an agreed upon fact that Jodi was at Travis's place?

You'd expect her to be chatting it up with Burns while she and Travis were engaging in sexual activities?

Pray tell, what does this have to do with Jodi driving through the desert?
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

AN other wrote:
Who's the dumb azz that said the prosecution wouldn't have another shot at LaV?
Guess lol

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

I am assuming we aren't going back to see M'er court today???? 12:23 AZ time
7 mins left.

Why does ALV keep saying ," Mr. Martinez "
But, never says,"Ms Willmott"
A little confrontational eh?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

T-REX wrote:
If I am not mistaking JM called ALV a liar to her face,I bet before it is over there is a good chance this witnesses testimony will be disregarded, it's leaning toward that direction, Willnmot is getting frantic with each question JM ask the witness.AL has handed Jodi's conviction with a ribbon on it to the State courtesy of the AZ taxpayer's..
Silly you, the jury will not be instructed to "disregard" two weeks worth of testimony.

People's minds do not work by information being loaded from separate strings where one can later be plucked out, never to have interconnected with the others.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Hey I meant to ask those of you using firefox and download the adblocker plus, how do you like it? I love it so far soooooooooooo good. No videos playing, and actually very few adds on the page. No popups either.

:)
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

What time are they suppose to finish up today?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Recess is over. Attorneys are at a sidebar.

it appears this Friday session will go on longer than 12:30pm, as originally planned.
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

UZZA BUZZA wrote:
I am assuming we aren't going back to see M'er court today???? 12:23 AZ time
7 mins left.
Why does ALV keep saying ," Mr. Martinez "
But, never says,"Ms Willmott"
A little confrontational eh?
Just "intended" disrespect to JM

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess lol
If you figure..WE are embarrassed by this person. IMAGINE how her family feels!!!
I feel bad for them.
AN other

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure about that. I'm familiar with the courts recognizing when someone is lying and the attorney is allowed to treat them as a hostile witness. I believe that is when The attorney's witness does a 180.
IIRC that Jodi said she didn't think she could trust him anymore. I need to find the clip of that.
My husband asked me why the defense did not call Matt McCartney to verify Jodi's version. I told him that they couldn't if they knew he would lie. I thought that's one of the reasons why casey couldn't testify????

"Moreover, an attorney who actively encourages a witness to give false testimony is suborning perjury, which is a crime punished either with formal disciplinary action, disbarment, or jail, or a combination thereof. Likewise, a false statement by an attorney in court also is a crime similar to subornation of perjury, and is punished accordingly."
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

LMBO... Alyce may not have had much or any experience in testifying in criminal court before..but she SURES HAS now. lol
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

JM and JW are both taking turns, intently talking to the judge.

As he is standing, JM has a habit of holding his notepad behind his back. If the camera were to zoom in, it could easily be read. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••