Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 473)

Showing posts 9,441 - 9,460 of25,739
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CIG

New Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't watch much HLN, I watch live feed. I believe they will find her guilty of first Degree murder just by the questions they are asking. This jury has her number, both Arias and Alyce V. This was a rage killing, she slaughtered him, killed him three times over.
Willmott has pulled herself together, I have it muted, lol. I was hoping she would be done with her questions with maybe an hour to go but probably not. Juan will get his turn after she sits down and he will elaberate on what the jurors asked.
Wilmott is a cunning defense attorney as we can see - she knows when and WHERE to edit stuff to give the jury exactly what she wants them to hear - its not always the truth...

"being called names from someone you love is an assassination of the soul"

"Jodi went all out to please Travis, doing stuff she did not want to do"

"Travis called her a whore and Jodi starting feeling and wanting to be one"

"Travis battered Jodi"

"Travis showed an increasing pattern of abuse towards Jodi as time went by"

and on and on

BUT my question would be why did Jodi not leave him alone then?
I DO NOT BUY the answer that people get used to abuse and do not leave...THAT applies to married couples or couples in live-in relationships in the same house, especially ones with children...

it definitely DOES NOT APPLY to people living separately, in two different towns and States, meeting up sometimes, exposed to other people - and both having the opportunity and opening to leave whenever they want...

in this case, Jodi DID NOT ALLOW Travis to move on even after their break-up...

as far as Travis consenting to sex and trips after the break-up, I really really really am sure that there was subtle blackmail by Jodi going on...I can bet my life on it from reviewing everything...

I pray that the Jury does the right thing and this vicious, narcisstic, "Einstein" killer is put to death...
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

"6:01 p.m. ET: Martinez played part of a CBS 48 Hours interview where Arias said she thought McCartney would never betray her."
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

"5:50 p.m. ET: Arias said she moved out of Mesa, Arizona a few days after the choking incident. On the way back home to Yreka, California, she stopped by McCartney's house. During this line of questioning, Arias seemed to be confused by Martinez's questions.

5:46 p.m. ET: Martinez is pointing out that McCartney would not be able to see her bruises over the phone.

5:45 p.m. ET: Arias said she talked to McCartney about the choking incident a few days afterwards.

5:44 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Arias if McCartney visited her in jail. Arias said he has visited her, and they have talked on the phone.

5:42 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking about how Alexander choked her until she passed out in April 2008. Arias said she told Matt McCartney about the incident a few days, when he called her out on her bruises. Martinez asked Arias if she knew what McCartney said when he was interviewed about this claim. The defense objected and now the attorneys are at a sidebar."

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard it asked, "Does LaV think her testimony (unsubstantiated by anyone but Jodi) is verbally abusive to Travis? Does Willmott?
BTW- who gives anyone who she dated for ONLY 4 months the power to 'steal her soul' and retaliate with a brutal, horrific murder?
A social climbing ho!
CIG

New Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
$250.00 ph for each interview with the Killer
$250.00 ph for preparing her assessment of the Killer
$300.00 ph for testifying for the Killer
And now - by her own admittance it appears her assessment was based upon a lot of things she "didn't know.'
Big Al should reimburse the AZ taxpayers if she has any sense of decency.
This old woman, Alyce LaV is LEARNING MORE ON THE STAND HERE THAN SHE EVER DID AFTER INTERVIEWING JODI

I think she was told just to say yes yes yes to everything and repeat "its consistent with domestic abuse" at each and every thing...

she makes me SICK and should NOT be allowed to stand up for women on any level!

she can be bought - and anyone who has a price to tell lies should be kicked!

Level 8

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Did JW just say that they were together for two years? Good lord! She is stalling for time now so she gets to close it out for the day.
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Sorry. I have put this in chronological order. I know there is a poster who has difficulty telling time and reading more than one sentence and understanding. This may facilitate. I'm so thoughtful!

5:42 p.m. ET: Martinez is asking about how Alexander choked her until she passed out in April 2008. Arias said she told Matt McCartney about the incident a few days, when he called her out on her bruises. Martinez asked Arias if she knew what McCartney said when he was interviewed about this claim. The defense objected and now the attorneys are at a sidebar.

5:44 p.m. ET: Martinez asked Arias if McCartney visited her in jail. Arias said he has visited her, and they have talked on the phone

5:45 p.m. ET: Arias said she talked to McCartney about the choking incident a few days afterwards.

5:46 p.m. ET: Martinez is pointing out that McCartney would not be able to see her bruises over the phone

5:50 p.m. ET: Arias said she moved out of Mesa, Arizona a few days after the choking incident. On the way back home to Yreka, California, she stopped by McCartney's house. During this line of questioning, Arias seemed to be confused by Martinez's questions.

Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO
JUAN!

She wouldn't remember the name of the 2 (2)?? men she testified for???
LIAR LIAR

Level 8

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

CIG wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilmott is a cunning defense attorney as we can see - she knows when and WHERE to edit stuff to give the jury exactly what she wants them to hear - its not always the truth...
"being called names from someone you love is an assassination of the soul"
"Jodi went all out to please Travis, doing stuff she did not want to do"
"Travis called her a whore and Jodi starting feeling and wanting to be one"
"Travis battered Jodi"
"Travis showed an increasing pattern of abuse towards Jodi as time went by"
and on and on
BUT my question would be why did Jodi not leave him alone then?
I DO NOT BUY the answer that people get used to abuse and do not leave...THAT applies to married couples or couples in live-in relationships in the same house, especially ones with children...
it definitely DOES NOT APPLY to people living separately, in two different towns and States, meeting up sometimes, exposed to other people - and both having the opportunity and opening to leave whenever they want...
in this case, Jodi DID NOT ALLOW Travis to move on even after their break-up...
as far as Travis consenting to sex and trips after the break-up, I really really really am sure that there was subtle blackmail by Jodi going on...I can bet my life on it from reviewing everything...
I pray that the Jury does the right thing and this vicious, narcisstic, "Einstein" killer is put to death...
I can sum it up easily by her own words to Detective Flores and Samuels. She was tired of dating men that were going nowhere and felt Travis was a better class of men. She also said she liked to meditate and fantasize about being wealthy.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
A social climbing ho!
Also a stalker.
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Alyce:
I don't remember. I don't remember..
hmmm
sounds vaguely familiar??!!
did she get her answers from Arias?
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

I love the "selective memory" going on with this woman...(said in a sarcastic way) lol

Level 8

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Angel wrote:
WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO
JUAN!
She wouldn't remember the name of the 2 (2)?? men she testified for???
LIAR LIAR
Oh yesssssssssssss!!!! Juantage! Do they have an ambulance standing by?
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

"BURNS: Yes, she told me she was leaving -- she lived in northern California. She was going to go visit a friend in southern California that had a baby or something like that. The plan was that she told me a week prior to this, she was planning to come see me. And when the day arrived, you know, she called me from southern California around 9:00 PM on Tuesday. She was supposed to get to my house -- it`s a 12-hour drive from LA to Salt Lake City. She was going to get to my house at 9:00 PM. Obviously, you know, I was concerned about her driving in the middle of the night, so I told her to pull over. She had called me. She wanted me to help her stay awake. And so I maybe really expected her maybe around 12:00 or 1:00 PM.

but I called her at 9:00 the next day, on Wednesday. It went straight to voicemail. I wasn`t too concerned at that point. I figured she might have pulled over just to take a nap. At 12:00, 1:00, when it didn`t still go through, now I was starting to get concerned. And then I even tried maybe two other times after that, even contacted another friend that she had in Salt Lake City...

“Concerning children”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Cincinnati

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

From critique of AL's book on Amazon:

I've been involved in Social Work for over 20 years now. Worked graveyard at a battered women's shelter in Arvada, CO. a victim advocate for a sheriff's office in Idaho and as a counselor after getting my degree in Social Work. I've worked with hundreds of people from both sides, female and male, young and old, innocent and the abuser and must state that I am quite amazed at this woman's testimony. As a mental health care provider, we choose our roles and should choose carefully. We can be an advocate, a voice, or an impartial observer as Ms. LaViolette claims she is in this case. However, if we observe her words, she has horribly confused her roles in this case. She is speaking as an advocate for Ms. Arias which is unethical if you say you're an impartial witness. For example, she should always qualify her answers with, "If what I was told was correct," or "Ms. Aria's views are..." etc. Instead, Ms. Laviolette speaks, instead to, "Yes, she felt...," or worse, "He did this or that." Every time she does this, she hurts the true victims who do suffer horrible abuse. Why is she doing this? Why choose to ignore her impartial role to show her bias against men and a gentleman she has never met? A gentleman who was brutally murdered!

She is also, quite unfortunately, now in the role of an abuser when she can look this family in the eye and say what she's saying without ONE piece of evidence that he was an abuser. She only goes by one sided text messages, reads between the lines on Travis Alexanders, did not speak with his family or friends, but uses emails to say what she THINKS someone meant.

For the rest of us who are trained and deeply, truly care about victims will no longer support her. I am not the only one so far who has voiced this opinion! She has put herself on an lonely island indeed. We cannot, nor should we stand by and allow these so-called professionals to damage what we've worked so hard to build. Indeed,some of us have given our whole life to bring validity to victims.

I can only hope she looks at these reviews and rethinks her stance. Her reputation, not the money or status, should be utmost on her mind and the true victims in this case - Travis Alexander and his family. I do hope she spends time looking at his autopsy photos if she needs further push to do so.
CIG

New Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

has Alyce LaV seen Jodi's two earlier versions of what happened?

Did she even see how convincing Jodi can be when lying?

And THEN Alyce LaV says that Jodi is not manipulative or lying to HER in this third version given two years after being in jail?

Alyce LaV is a sick manipulative liar herself who can be "bought" to say anything...

she is a blot on all women and NO WOMAN should EVER go to her and NO ONE should ever call her again to speak on anything that stands for women, especially abused women! I am ashamed of women like her!
CIG

New Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Angel wrote:
I love the "selective memory" going on with this woman...(said in a sarcastic way) lol
Maybe Alyce LaV killed someone too and has gone into a "fog"

she has certainly killed TRUTH...

And is trying to kill JUSTICE!
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

"BURNS: It was never -- most of our -- 90 percent -- 95 percent of our conversations were nothing about Travis. It was more -- she did talk about -- I`m not sure if you got that, that she wanted me to come out and see her. She wanted me to spend a few days out there. She told my expenses would be covered."
southerngirl

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the trial is going extremely well for the prosecution. I feel this way because not only the jurors questions throughout but the performance of Juan.
Ebay has banned the selling of her art work at this time. That statement is nearly as bad as her writing a manifesto and autographing it for money when she is famous.
I'm not one that is always in favor of the death penalty but she certainly deserves it and I hope she gets it. Keep in mind the state has their own expert so we will finally hear more about what TA was put through by this killer. The rebuttal will be good as well. I'm hoping that what I heard is true that Matt McCartney will be called in on rebuttal. JM made it clear to Jodi on the stand that he did a depo with him on January 13, 2013.
Her tweeting is going to come back and bite her in the ass big time too. I want her on death row so that she has no one to BS and no one to interact with on a daily basis. She deserves to be confined and alone. Her behavior behind bars where she is able to tweet to the public shows her vindictive side with a huge dose of narcissism!
Definately NOT a 'hang 'em high' kinda gal here but if JA isn't deserving of DP, nobody is! I'm tiring of this whole criminal du jour media 'star' mindset. There needs to be severe consequences for these dangerous criminals. My fear -- KKC started a sickening trend beating the system with an implausible defense. How many more sick twists out there think, "hmm, maybe I can beat it too!".

I eagerly await JM rebuttal, I've had enough of this BS defense.
CIG

New Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Jodi has a teary face and tries to wipe away a non-existent tear

THEN LOOKS STRAIGHT INTO THE CAMERA!

she is playing it up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,441 - 9,460 of25,739
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 min Murphey_Law 483,714
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,078,590
Join Mr Wawrzyniak In Filing A Federal Law Suit... 2 hr SaveUsa 1
Disney Prove Mr Wawrzyniak Wrong Show The Evide... 3 hr SaveUsa 1
What life is like for Casey Anthony 6 hr Lon Spector 31
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 6 hr August primary 2,384
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 7 hr Lon Spector 131
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE