Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 275)

Showing posts 5,481 - 5,500 of25,739
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Riverside wrote:
I found this on another thread- If it is true, now that AL has brought them up will the be allowed in ??
Copied:::
The emails were not allowed into evidence, since there is substantial reason to believe they were either forged or the content changed from the original version.
The Hughes never testified to the emails, their content nor to whether they actually wrote them.
Therefore, the Judge should NOT have allowed LaViolette to testify on them. At this point it is hearsay and should be treated as such.
Who do suppose gave AL got a copy of Travis's personal emails, text msgs and IM logs? Those were some of the documents LA listed when she talked about what she had reviewed in becoming familiar with the case. Jodi was already in jail, so she certainly didn't get them from her.

So who?

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Kool-Aid- Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Who won?
Can't say. If you want to count the winner as a hypocrite who is really using this thread as entertainment and trolling people, I'd say Rambler won. If you want to count the person with a real life and better things to do then troll, well, I guess that would be me.

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Or desperate for a mistrial!
Mary do you anything about the Emails we heard about. Surely they are being taken out of context painting Travis as abusive.
the emails were admitted during an evidentiary hearing and Chris Hughes admitted writing them.
I don't know why ALV is discussing the content and they have not been just submitted for the jury to see.

Level 2

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Riverside wrote:
I found this on another thread- If it is true, now that AL has brought them up will the be allowed in ??
The emails were not allowed into evidence, since there is substantial reason to believe they were either forged or the content changed from the original version.
The Hughes never testified to the emails, their content nor to whether they actually wrote them.
Therefore, the Judge should NOT have allowed LaViolette to testify on them. At this point it is hearsay and should be treated as such.
not true
hughes admitted at an evidentiary trial that he wrote it. I think there might be other confidential information in the email. Remember how Gus Searcy refused to give the name of the person sitting in the car with him.
The names of the women Travis abused has not been given either. I get the feeling that they don't want to get involved. Jodi killed him. They think that warrants dp no matter if she was defending herself.
T-REX

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

SIGH

A troll by any other name is still a troll
felon murderer casey

Cedar Lake, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

AN other wrote:
Did anyone else hear Mike Eiglarsh's reference "like when did the Brady Bunch housekeeper quit?"
He was talking about Alyce, asking the question, "so how was it to work for the Brady Bunch for all those years?"

being funny

Alyce looks very much like the maid on Brady Bunch, ironic that her name was Alice, too!
Riverside

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
not true
hughes admitted at an evidentiary trial that he wrote it. I think there might be other confidential information in the email. Remember how Gus Searcy refused to give the name of the person sitting in the car with him.
The names of the women Travis abused has not been given either. I get the feeling that they don't want to get involved. Jodi killed him. They think that warrants dp no matter if she was defending herself.
GO AWAY TROLL !! We know who you are. Yesterday you were JesseToones. You spelled defense with a "C" HA HA ! you've spelled it 'defence' under both hats now - silly troll. don't reply to me any more, I promise I wont reply to you.

snipped::
Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I read about Travis the less I like him. He played with her head and as a consequence lost his. I am sick of reading his camp making him out to be someone really special. Jodi was able to have a 4 year relationship with someone and still remain friends. That says something. Travis two ex girlfriends are witnesses for the defence. His friends are also witnesses for the defence. I appreciate that they have to defame him in some way but once I heard about 82000 messages I knew he had lied to his friends and probably was deceitful to the core.
T-REX

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Riverside wrote:
<quoted text>
GO AWAY TROLL !! We know who you are. Yesterday you were JesseToones. You spelled defense with a "C" HA HA ! you've spelled it 'defence' under both hats now - silly troll. don't reply to me any more, I promise I wont reply to you.
<quoted text>
You would think by now the ignorant azz would realise that it has nothing to say we want to answer too,needs to go to its thread where it can hold the usual conversation with its self.
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

felon murderer casey wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed all of the trial today, did Nurmi do this in open court today?
There was a special hearing this morning without the jury so Nurmi could go..... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
The judge talked to each juror and none were let go, so he whine for nothing. The big cry baby
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Well, from everything that Alyce says, I could take a few people from my past out and have a "get out of jail free" card if she believes Arias is innocent!!! LMBO
Angel

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Riverside wrote:
You are right. If she let her do that then JM should be allowed to discredit her testimony!

Level 2

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Riverside wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
All you can tell from someone who spells defence with a c is that they were born outside usa. Nothing more. You need to get out more

Level 2

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do suppose gave AL got a copy of Travis's personal emails, text msgs and IM logs? Those were some of the documents LA listed when she talked about what she had reviewed in becoming familiar with the case. Jodi was already in jail, so she certainly didn't get them from her.
So who?
the documents were submitted at the evidentiary hearing.
you need to go back to day 10 part three.
Hughes was asked to read his response in these same emails. He never said he wrote them.
The question is because Jodi had gotten into Travis email account it might be questionable that he was having email correspondence with Travis or Jodi pretending to be Travis
here is the youtube link for that day's proceedings
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 2

Merrylands, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
So who?
correction on my last post
Hughes never said he never wrote the emails. Ie he wrote the emails.
the emails contain information about the abuse towards jodi.
Casey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Pharmabill wrote:
<quoted text>
correction on my last post
Hughes never said he never wrote the emails. Ie he wrote the emails.
the emails contain information about the abuse towards jodi.
Rambler, why the hell are you over here? Get your butt back over to my thread .
Tex Empires

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I saw some of that on TV today. She is a nut case, I feel sorry for Travis having ever crossed her path. He looked a little chubby in the link Bella posted. I read he lost weight for the Cancun trip....I wonder if the weight loss added more of a threat to jodi. I think the cloths are good-willed to the prisoners.
Most probably sociopath/borderline...bad mix

In her twisted mind, she didn't kill him because he may have been alive when she left. He had no chance to get help or live. She is delusional if she feels she left him while he was still alive. The coroner said he would have passed out from blood loss. I read she put the knife in the dishwasher and clothes/camera in the washing machine plus him in the shower. Kills him in cold blood and then cleans up but leaves all the blood in the floor and all over the bathroom. Then says she has a memory gap which would indicate dissociative amnesia. Last she says if she gets life in prison, she would rather die than live in prison. Guess they will have her on suicide watch.

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

JM misconduct discussion . NBC

“EVIL TWINS”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

NOYB

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

UZZA BUZZA wrote:
JM misconduct discussion . NBC
I'M NOT CRAZY!( maybe a little) they were BLUE ribbons!
This woman was in courtroom. Gotta cancel eye appointment!.

Good Video BTW
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Casey wrote:
<quoted text>
Rambler, why the hell are you over here? Get your butt back over to my thread .
David LohrBecome a fan
david.lohr@huffingtonpost.com
Jodi Arias' Domestic Violence Expert Says Email Proves Travis Alexander Was Abusive

Jodi Ariasí defense team may have scored its first big win Thursday when a domestic violence expert testified about previously undisclosed emails from Travis Alexanderís close friends that indicate he had a history of being abusive.

"They have basically advised Ms. Arias to move on from the relationship ... that Mr. Alexander has been abusive to women." psychotherapist Alyce LaViolette testified.

LaViolette was referencing email exchanges between Arias, Alexander and his longtime friends Chris and Sky Hughes.

LaViolette was not allowed to quote from the emails and they were not shown to the jury, but she was allowed to paraphrase the content and offer her opinion on it.

"The question with regard to whether or not the Hugheses thought Mr. Alexander had previously been abusive with women, is that important to you?" Ariasí defense attorney, Jennifer Willmott, asked LaViolette.

"Yes, it is," LaViolette replied.

"Does that help you to formulate an opinion ultimately about the type of relationship this ended up to be?" asked Willmott.

"Yes it does," said LaViolette.

"And so, in this e-mail, is there information about whether or not Mr. Alexander's closest friends thought he had issues with women?" Willmott asked.

"Yes, there is," said LaViolette.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/jodi...

Perhaps the Proective Order the defense filed was in connection to SEALED witness testimony by Chris or Sky Hughes which pertained introducing to this email into evidence, occuring on Wednesday. There has to be a reason JM and the jury were allegedly lurking around the courthouse that night or late afternoon. It had a yellow evidence tag on it, so the above report cannot be entirely true.

And somebody obviously gave this email and other documents attributed to Travis to Alyce LaViolette, therefore not all of Travis's friends, family or roomates are as convinced of his upstanding character as it might appear.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

"While declining to discuss the case outside court, prosecutor Juan Martinez has on at least one occasion exited the building through the front door, where he was surrounded by trial watchers offering him praise.

In a video posted on azcentral.com last week, Martinez is seen posing for pictures and even autographing the cane of a woman who has been watching the trial.

"There were several individuals interviewed about how great he is," Nurmi said. "It's entirely possible that more than one juror saw this."

At least one juror often lingers outside the courthouse after trial has concluded for the day while spectators mull around, cameras at the ready, waiting for Martinez and others to emerge.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/jodi-ar...

This is the said video?

http://www.digtriad.com/video/default.aspx...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,481 - 5,500 of25,739
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,078,567
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min Murphey_Law 483,706
Join Mr Wawrzyniak In Filing A Federal Law Suit... 1 hr SaveUsa 1
Disney Prove Mr Wawrzyniak Wrong Show The Evide... 3 hr SaveUsa 1
What life is like for Casey Anthony 5 hr Lon Spector 31
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 6 hr August primary 2,384
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 6 hr Lon Spector 131
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE