Comments
2,661 - 2,680 of 25,789 Comments Last updated 20 min ago
GLOOMY DAYS

Buena Park, CA

#2934 Mar 19, 2013
jessesToons wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the Ohio person.
Rumor has it that LM called Jammy Sammy as an expert witness when her deranged kid was charged with Peddy crimes - And the best Sammy could do was to influence the Judge into allowing OH Peddy to remain in custody of LM and be retained in shackles of the basement of LM.
AN other

United States

#2935 Mar 19, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the tree is that you are referring to now. I will try to find out its name for you tomorrow.
Thanks. Don't go to too much trouble but I really am grateful (yet neurotic).
GLOOMY DAYS

Buena Park, CA

#2936 Mar 19, 2013
Back to Jodi..

Gawd 'Twixt Empathy and puking in disgust at the sorrowful POS the defense proffered - There yet dwells within me a voice that echos within my ears saying....'Hang the Dastardly Cad by his Bolllox.

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#2937 Mar 19, 2013
AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but thanks. The foliage might resemble a comb with really fat teeth. The teeth are pointed upward and are slightly curved?????
Thanks so much. We don't have such exotic stuff in NC.
The first thing that comes to mind is a cycad, often mislabeled as a pine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycad

Tell me how close or how far off this is.

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#2938 Mar 19, 2013
Annie, the cycad I had in mind is commonly called the sago palm, although it is not a palm tree. I wrote that it's mislabeled as a pine, but I meant palm. Here's a picture:

http://www.target.com/p/sago-palm-4/-/A-10981...
AN other

United States

#2939 Mar 20, 2013
marcemon wrote:
Annie, the cycad I had in mind is commonly called the sago palm, although it is not a palm tree. I wrote that it's mislabeled as a pine, but I meant palm. Here's a picture:
http://www.target.com/p/sago-palm-4/-/A-10981...
Thanks Marce but no. The "needles" are similar but the tree I'm trying to identify looks like an evergreen. It has a long trunk and its triangular shaped. I've always liked the sago palm and have only seen it in Fl and Ca too.

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Level 8

Since: Feb 09

Your lies are weak

#2940 Mar 20, 2013
Good Morning!!
AN other

United States

#2941 Mar 20, 2013
STM wrote:
Good Morning!!
Good morning. Please tell me that the defense finished with Samuels yesterday. I know there are jury questions but I am so tired of hearing him.

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Level 8

Your lies are weak

#2942 Mar 20, 2013
Yesterday I posted it looked like JA popped a pill, which I highly doubt she would be allowed to take meds without supervision.....here is a youtube video of it in slow motion.

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Level 8

Your lies are weak

#2943 Mar 20, 2013
AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. Please tell me that the defense finished with Samuels yesterday. I know there are jury questions but I am so tired of hearing him.
Both sides get another shot at him after the Q and A, I believe. I'm sick of him too, he acted too much like JA on the stand, very unprofessional!

I wont be surprised if she gets the DP now.
AN other

United States

#2944 Mar 20, 2013
STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides get another shot at him after the Q and A, I believe. I'm sick of him too, he acted too much like JA on the stand, very unprofessional!
I wont be surprised if she gets the DP now.
The defense is paying this schmuck $250 an hour. So this guy is pulling in about $1500 a day to be unprepared, disorganized, unethical and incompetent. I could do all that and for much less per hour. Where can I sign up?
AN other

United States

#2945 Mar 20, 2013
STM wrote:
Yesterday I posted it looked like JA popped a pill, which I highly doubt she would be allowed to take meds without supervision.....here is a youtube video of it in slow motion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wOKkLkTVspsXX
You don't miss much.

Her lawyers better quit turning their backs on her. She "lifted" a file. She's taking drugs in court. I hope no one brings a knife to court. She's a back stabber.

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Level 8

Your lies are weak

#2946 Mar 20, 2013
AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't miss much.
Her lawyers better quit turning their backs on her. She "lifted" a file. She's taking drugs in court. I hope no one brings a knife to court. She's a back stabber.
The orange file? I just saw a video where it reappeared, I'll see if I can locate it again. But first, gonna post some observations made from FB peeps that attended the trial, interesting things they had to say!

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Level 8

Your lies are weak

#2947 Mar 20, 2013
So I got into the afternoon session today. Decided to skip the morning session because it was only an hour long and didn't want to miss my chance of getting in period. It was exciting seeing all the main players in the trial walking up and down the hallway neat the courtroom. I was shocked at how short Juan Martinez is.

I sat in the very back row on Jodi's side. The first thing I saw straight ahead of me was Jodi. Was actually surreal to see her after seeing it on tv this whole time.The next thing I noticed was how big and lanky her hands were. I had a clear shot of her for a few minutes. Every once in a while, she would look back and look towards her family and that person Donovan Bering, or however you spell it. This person sat next to her mom and aunt.

When trial started, I was actually more interested in looking at the jurors. The first 20 minutes of the afternoon session where the defense finished up with the Quack, they were extremely bored.

The female juror on the back row (maybe mid 30's) literally picked at her fingernails the whole time. Not looking up at all. If it wasn't her nails, she was pulling her hair in front of her face and looking at her split ends. Not taking notes at all at this time.

The older man sitting next to her didn't even have a notebook out. He also looked slouched in his chair and looked bored. During the end of the Quacks direct, and he was talking about Jodi having symptoms of anxiety, this man suddenly pulled out his notebook from the back of the seat in front of him, wrote something down, then tapped on the shoulder of the juror in front of him, and this juror put this in the juror basket for questions. He then put his notebook back in the chair.

Another male juror on the opposite end in the back swayed back and forth in his chair. Another male juror in the front row rubbed his hands on his face a couple of times showing tiredness.

There was a middle aged female juror in the front row I swear had her eyes closed with her head down. Maybe she was writing, but it didn't look like it.

Of course when it's was Juan's turn, you could literally feel the excitement of everyone in the courtroom. The jurors definitely picked up and some started taking notes, especially the one with different colored hair. She routinely took notes and could see her looking back and forth at the exchange between Juan and the Quack.

Even the woman who picked at her nails ans hair was taking notes (but with her hair all on her face) Some jurors looked very tired throughout the entire thing. You could definitely see strain. Jodi looked over at the exhibits that Juan would hand over to the defense. When court was over and I caught a glimpse of her standing, she is very thin, but she is tall and has big hands.

I am going back tomorrow and hope to get a little closer to the action.
AN other

United States

#2948 Mar 20, 2013
STM wrote:
<quoted text>
The orange file? I just saw a video where it reappeared, I'll see if I can locate it again. But first, gonna post some observations made from FB peeps that attended the trial, interesting things they had to say!
Thanks.

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Level 8

Your lies are weak

#2949 Mar 20, 2013
This one is kind of funny, peeps inserting themselves in the case.

The court/MCAO has informed us that they are overwhelmed with phone calls with advice/suggestions regarding this case. Please refrain from calling the Maricopa County Attorney Office and/or Superior Court. Mr. Martinez has all the pertinent information he needs and is in complete control of his case. Thx for your support.~Admin 2~

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Level 8

Your lies are weak

#2950 Mar 20, 2013
The courtroom is very large compared to how it feels watching online. The reason trial starts late many days is because they are holding “several” misc. trials in the morning in the “same” courtroom, so those have to be heard in completion obviously before the JA trial starts. We watched different attorneys/clients walk in, come out, and then the next would enter. Judge Stephens has so many cases going on all in one day, so I would please ask that we all give Judge Stephens a lot of credit for the full schedule she tends to on a daily basis.

Travis’ family demeanor is very different outside the courtroom than inside. They have a few smiles on their faces while they talk amongst themselves on the outside of the courtroom, but the mood changes once inside having to listen to the testimony,and rightfully so. Both admins got the opportunity to speak with a friend of Travis’.

The jurors are definitely losing interest when defense speaks and especially with Dr. Samuel’s being on the witness stand. However, juror interest peaks when Martinez steps up to the plate. The majority of the men jurors appear to be in their 50-60’s, but a few young men jurors also. I noted that two of the male jurors were actively taking notes, and one male juror repeatedly put questions in the basket. There are several jurors, male/female that “never” take any notes. By the end of the day on Tuesday, after listening to Dr. Samuel’s testimony now totaling three days, jurors look tired, yawning, rubbing eyes, leaning their head into their hands, etc.

Before the jury was chosen, they were questioned as to whether they believed in the DP. So end result, if they did not, they were not chosen. So all jurors believe in DP, so one less thing to worry about when the verdict comes in.

Jodi appears very stoic, looks pale and thin. Jail food probably isn’t very good, and I think she has lost a lot of weight. Defense looks worn out. Martinez is still going strong. Trial is expected to finish up by mid April, but keep in mind this is an “estimation” and could change, so please do not quote me. lol

All in all, we were treated well and attending the trial was an honor.

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Level 8

Your lies are weak

#2951 Mar 20, 2013
When Juan first came out of the gate most, if not all, the jurors were taking notes.
Most of the jurors were looking back and forth between Juan and Samuels when he was asking why Samuels didn't include new info in the addendum
Juan Martinez and Esteban Flores were sharing a little laugh during the break. It was nice to see them smile. They probably know the witness is not doing well.
Right before trial started this morning, I saw Wilmott enter the court and tell when of the guards, "I'm in panic mode."
Most of the jurors just looks tired and at times annoyed. They look the most relaxed and refreshed after lunch.
One juror - a male who sits in the second row - rubbed his face and eyes for a couple minutes during one of the times Wilmott asked to approach. I thought I saw this same juror give a slight smile when JM was objecting.
Jodi looks waif like. I think this intentional as she's meant to look she couldn't possibly carry out a crime like this. Fortunately, we have seen the TV interviews where she looks healthier.
The jurors in the front row seem to take more notes and be more attentive than the ones in the back row. I'd say that maybe 2-3 of the 10-11 males are senior citizens. There are a couple who are middle aged, and a couple who are fairly young (in their 20s and early 30s).
There are maybe four women who are middle-aged, and two who are younger (20s or 30s).
I could see some of the jurors dozing off (or closing their eyes for extended periods of time) when Wilmott came back up for rebuttal
A juror in the 2nd row was laughing at one point when Wilmott made an angry objection

So, those are the bulk of my observations.

STM

“Your talk is cheap”

Level 8

Your lies are weak

#2952 Mar 20, 2013
Snipped from above...

Right before trial started this morning, I saw Wilmott enter the court and tell when of the guards, "I'm in panic mode."

>She definitely looked panicked yesterday, she looked scared to death to me, her eyes were bugging out of her head all day, lol.

#WHY the warning MOD???

Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#2953 Mar 20, 2013
STM wrote:
This one is kind of funny, peeps inserting themselves in the case.
The court/MCAO has informed us that they are overwhelmed with phone calls with advice/suggestions regarding this case. Please refrain from calling the Maricopa County Attorney Office and/or Superior Court. Mr. Martinez has all the pertinent information he needs and is in complete control of his case. Thx for your support.~Admin 2~
That is hilarious! It's also an good indication that even though the general internet consensus is the State is well on their way to proving Jodi guilty, guilty, guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, behind the scenes not everyone is pleased with Mr Martinez's performance or his aggressive, "pit bull style" of prosecution.

"Be careful what you wish for"! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 min T-REX 486,563
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Bruce Rauner 1,101,903
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 46,385
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 4 hr Children should b... 4,169
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 5 hr AWAKE 2,125
What life is like for Casey Anthony 6 hr Children should b... 193
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 6 hr marce-encore 37
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••