Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27724 Oct 5, 2013
Riverside wrote:
<quoted text> Just like you could prove Little Caylee's pull-ups had teddy bears on them.... We know you way to well to fall for this line. You're just trying to get a conversation going LOL
You don't me at all then because you've got me confused with Days.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27725 Oct 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't me at all then because you've got me confused with Days.
* you don't KNOW me
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27726 Oct 5, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Arias attorneys seek to bar live TV coverage of second trial, media fights back
Article by: BRIAN SKOLOFF , Associated Press Updated: October 4, 2013 - 8:00 PM
.........Now facing a retrial to determine her sentence, Arias' lawyers are asking a judge to bar live TV coverage inside the courtroom, an irony not lost on prosecutors and a lawyer representing CNN.
"She has voluntarily thrust herself into the vortex of this public controversy," the news network's attorney, David Bodney, told the judge at a hearing Friday. "It is unfair to deprive the public ... because someone can't control her own speech."
http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/tv/2...
Yes, the public now owns Jodi Arias!
Anyone wonder why Star tribune is reporting on a hearing that other media claim was closed to both the media and the public?

“Don't try to”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

if u can't shake it.

#27728 Oct 8, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone wonder why Star tribune is reporting on a hearing that other media claim was closed to both the media and the public?
NOPE
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27729 Oct 9, 2013
State Of Arizona -(1)
Jodi Ann Arias -(2)
CR2008-031021-001

10/7/2013
OBJ - Objection/Opposition.- Party (001)
NOTE: OBJECTION TO DEFENDANTS RENEWED REQUEST TO SEQUESTER HER JURY

10/7/2013 RET - Request For Extension Of Time - Party (001)
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S REQUEST FOR EXTENSION AND TO THAT ALL FUTURE PLEADINGS REMAIN UNDER SEAL PRIOR TO RULING

10/4/2013 REQ - Request - Party (001) 10/4/2013
NOTE: REQUEST OF CNN AND PNI FOR UNSEALING OF TRANSCRIPT

10/3/2013 REQ - Request - Party (001) 10/3/2013
NOTE: CNN'S REQUEST FOR OPEN PROCEEDING
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/...

Hmmmmm........all these motions recently filed, doesn't appear a impending settlement is in the crystal ball.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27730 Oct 9, 2013
I'm also skeptical that a Judge would sequester a jury for only a penalty sentencing phase, while reported to have previously ignored numerous motions from the defense team to do so during the most critical - the guilt phase. There are several media videos appearing online of the jury boarding a bus and getting off at a parkade, then each of their vehicles exiting as they head home. It's hard to believe in such a highly publicized case that not only their safety but the protection of the integrity of the justice system would be so utterly lax.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27732 Oct 10, 2013
10/7/2013 RET - Request For Extension Of Time - Party (001)
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S REQUEST FOR EXTENSION AND TO THAT ALL FUTURE PLEADINGS REMAIN UNDER SEAL PRIOR TO RULING *

10/4/2013 REQ - Request - Party (001) 10/4/2013
NOTE: REQUEST OF CNN AND PNI FOR UNSEALING OF TRANSCRIPT**

10/3/2013 REQ - Request - Party (001) 10/3/2013
NOTE: CNN'S REQUEST FOR OPEN PROCEEDING ***

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/...

*** This suggests the entire case may be sealed going forward.

** What is it that's still sealed? Media reports would suggest otherwise.....nothing has been withheld. Is it A CLUE that CNN suddenly ceased without explanation its livestream of the trial before it's conclusion? My bet is on a whole new trial has been granted.....not that the televised one was anything more than entertainment.

Level 1

Since: May 13

United States

#27733 Oct 10, 2013
If Zimmerman judge was on bench - this trial would be over - This judge lost control long time ago. She will entertain all the BS & take her time to muddle thru it & this case won't move forward until next year just like the defense wanted. This defense team has done a fantastic job of sizing up the judge & playing their cards accordingly to get the delays they wanted.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27735 Oct 10, 2013
CNJY wrote:
If Zimmerman judge was on bench - this trial would be over - This judge lost control long time ago. She will entertain all the BS & take her time to muddle thru it & this case won't move forward until next year just like the defense wanted. This defense team has done a fantastic job of sizing up the judge & playing their cards accordingly to get the delays they wanted.
The complexity behind the storyline of the two cases cannot be compared, other than both defendants claimed self defense. One was a chance encounter lasting a few short minutes at most, the other a dysfunctional ongoing personal relationship between the two rife with question marks from beginning to end.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27736 Oct 10, 2013
Too Relaxed wrote:
It's crazy the amount of time and money spent on this b.s. I am glad the million side bars and objections are something we are not compelled to watch anymore.
Who forced you to watch it?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27738 Oct 13, 2013
Jodi Arias: I'm filing for bankruptcy
By Kamal Wallace
updated 8:46 AM EDT, Sat October 12, 2013

Convicted killer Jodi Arias tweeted Thursday that she is filing for bankruptcy, if she can ever afford to do so.

Arias also tweeted that rumors of her family profiting from her trial are “absurd.”

Arias is currently in jail awaiting her sentence. She was convicted on May 8 in the 2008 death of ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander. Alexander was stabbed multiple times, shot in the head and his throat was slit from ear to ear.

Jurors found Arias guilty of first-degree murder, but they could not reach an unanimous verdict on whether Arias should get life in prison or the death penalty.

A settlement conference is set for October 24 to discuss a possible plea deal. The plea deal would avoid a potential retrial of the penalty phase of Arias' case. Her murder conviction still stands.......
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/10/11/jodi-...

Sure enough.....

I'm filing for bankruptcy (if I can ever afford to do so).
https://twitter.com/JodiAnnArias

A great example of the farsical - the girl has a great sense of humour! Only rich people can go bankrupt! LOL!!!

And I notice still nobody questions how someone locked up in jail, reportedly with no access to the internet is posting on twitter, or why nobody cares that someone else is very obviously violating the terms of twitter by impersonating her. I'd say it's A CLUE she's not in jail at all....

Level 1

Since: May 13

United States

#27739 Oct 13, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The complexity behind the storyline of the two cases cannot be compared, other than both defendants claimed self defense. One was a chance encounter lasting a few short minutes at most, the other a dysfunctional ongoing personal relationship between the two rife with question marks from beginning to end.
I bet if zimmerman got a headache - court would of proceeded with or without him!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27740 Oct 13, 2013
CNJY wrote:
<quoted text> I bet if zimmerman got a headache - court would of proceeded with or without him!
5,400 questions: The Arias trial by the numbers
How many weeks has the Jodi Arias trial been in session? And just how much have taxpayers paid for her defense? We've compiled the most important trial-related numbers for you right here!
By Amanda Sloane
updated 2:23 PM EDT, Fri May 24, 2013
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/04/10/jod...

Number of questions Arias answered: More than 5,400.

George Zimmerman - 0
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27741 Oct 15, 2013
Tonight: Jodi Arias' unseen interviews
By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 4:00 PM EDT, Mon October 14, 2013

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/10/14/jodi-ar...

"The performance of a lifetime" only on Nancy Grace........

“Don't try to”

Level 8

if u can't shake it.

#27742 Oct 16, 2013

“Don't try to”

Level 8

if u can't shake it.

#27743 Oct 16, 2013
I wonder if the boyfriend of the mother will EVER be charged in the Hailey Dunn case?
Do they really not have enough evidence or did Casey Anthony getting away with her crimes make other prosecutors afraid to go to trial in cases like this?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27744 Oct 16, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Tonight: Jodi Arias' unseen interviews
By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 4:00 PM EDT, Mon October 14, 2013
"The performance of a lifetime" only on Nancy Grace........
This is a snippet of the interview. I only watched the first few seconds....anyone with even one good eye can immediately notice the Jodi actress is far younger than a 30ish woman. Meanwhile Jodi Arias is reported to have been locked up in jail now for over 5 years, eating greasy food, at least part of the time being housed in a tent camp toasting in the blazing summer Arizona sun.......and even after all that, now Jodi has the complexion of a teenager, yep, yep! LOL!

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27745 Oct 16, 2013
UPDATE
Settlement conference scheduled in Jodi Arias case

Posted: Sep 13, 2013 12:37 PM MDT
Updated: Oct 10, 2013 12:48 PM MDT
By Steve Stout - email
Posted by Breann Bierman - email

"The court asked if the parties would be willing to discuss a potential settlement," said Maricopa County Attorney spokesman Jerry Cobb. "Consistent with what the County Attorney has said all along, the State is always willing to discuss possible resolutions to the case. Neither side has presented an outline of an agreement or an official position to the court."

The settlement conference is scheduled for Oct. 24.

Cobb said the conference will be made in front of retired Maricopa County Superior Court Judge James Keppel.

http://www.kpho.com/story/23426388/settlement...

The garbage that works it's way into becoming news is simply amazing!

A RETIRED Judge will be presiding. Very funny! Retired Judges in Arizona will be pleased to know they can walk back into a courtroom whenever they choose! Why do they bother with re-elections? LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27746 Oct 22, 2013
How the Utah rock tumble is connected to Jodi Arias
Posted on: 6:31 pm, October 21, 2013, by CNN Wire
By Amanda Sloane
HLN
(CNN)— If you followed the Jodi Arias trial this year, you may have noticed a familiar face pop up on the video that captured a boulder in Utah being toppled over.

That’s right, your eyes weren’t deceiving you: It was Dave Hall, one of Travis Alexander’s good friends who spoke out regularly about the woman convicted of first-degree murder in May after stabbing, shooting and slitting the throat of the 30-year-old.
Now, Hall and two other men could be in big trouble for destroying the giant boulder, which was perched for many years atop a slender rock pedestal in southern Utah’s Goblin Valley State Park. The three men say the balancing boulder, which was created over millions of years by windblown dust and moving water, posed a threat to visitors.

But it’s against the law to deface state parks, so now the men could face time behind bars.

Hall is the guy behind the camera who sings “Wiggle it, just a little bit” as Glenn Taylor pushes the boulder over. At one point, Hall turns the camera around on himself — and this isn’t the first time he has appeared in the national spotlight.

Throughout the Arias trial, Hall appeared numerous times on HLN to talk about the life and legacy of his friend Alexander and to paint an unflattering picture of his killer.

“There was just something really weird about (Jodi Arias), and when she spent time with you, you even got more creeped out,” Hall told HLN’s Nancy Grace in January.“Just the way she acted in our home. The way that she had this awkward silence about her. The way that she just had no soul. You could almost see through her. It’s not someone you could sit down with and have a conversation. She was very mysterious.”

Hall saw Arias just hours after she killed Alexander in his Mesa, Arizona, home on......

<snip>

Hall, along with the other two Boy Scout leaders involved in the boulder incident, are under investigation, according to Utah State Parks spokesman Eugene Swalberg.

“It gives you a pit in your stomach. There seems to be a lot of happiness and joy with the individuals doing this, and it’s not right. This is not what you do at a natural scenic area,” Swalberg told CNN.

A few days after the incident, Hall told KUTV that he’d “absolutely” do it again because the boulder — known locally as a goblin — had been unstable.“That wasn’t going to last very long at all,” he told the HLN affiliate.“One gust of wind, and a family’s dead.”

“We have now modified Goblin Valley; a new Goblin Valley exists,” Hall can be heard saying on the video, shot October 11.“That’s crazy that it was held up just by that little bit of dirt. Some little kid was about ready to walk down here and die, and Glenn saved his life by getting the boulder out of the way. So it’s all about saving lives here at Goblin Valley. Saving lives. That’s what we’re all about.”
http://fox13now.com/2013/10/21/how-the-utah-r...

Bizarre story.....I wonder does it have anything to do with where the gun was supposed to be found, or something more. "it's all about saving lives"......
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27747 Oct 22, 2013
Judge closes Arias settlement conference to public, media

PHOENIX (CBS5)-
A judge has ruled that the public and media will not be allowed at a settlement conference Oct. 24 in the trial of convicted murderer Jodi Arias.

Judge Sherry Stephens issued the written order Monday morning, citing intense media coverage in her ruling.

"The court finds there is a compelling interest that overcomes the right of public access," Stephens said in her ruling.....
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/23745961/jud...

What's rather intriguing about a closed settlement conference is that it also seals any settlement agreed to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Earthling-1 47,074
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min RealDave 1,115,624
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr Anne 96,468
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr Bonergram 488,316
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 5 hr Times are a Changing 17,116
One Word (Jul '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 1,849
The alphabet (Jun '06) 5 hr Princess Hey 1,092
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]