Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 1,266)

Showing posts 25,301 - 25,320 of25,694
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Hey Marce wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country, Hispanics are NOT white. The government constantly asks for someone's race. Schoolchildren have to fill out a form choosing which race they belong to.
Woe is upon me, a Canadian, to have to inform you that you are incorrectly assuming that in your country the definition of RACE and ETHNIC ORIGIN is synonymous.

"Race and ethnicity are considered separate and distinct identities, with Hispanic or Latino origin asked as a separate question. Thus, in addition to their race or races, all respondents are categorized by membership in one of two ethnic categories, which are "Hispanic or Latino" and "Not Hispanic or Latino". However, the practice of separating "race" and "ethnicity" as different categories has been criticized both by the American Anthropological Association and members of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.[6][7]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnici...
GLOOMY DAYS

Encino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

RE:American Anthropological Association and members of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights:

Hey Marce - I wonder how the aforementioned agencies handle a situation such as this..

'Genghis Khan has millions of descendants alive today.'

Credits:

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/genghis-kha...

“Concerning children”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Cincinnati

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Woe is upon me, a Canadian, to have to inform you that you are incorrectly assuming that in your country the definition of RACE and ETHNIC ORIGIN is synonymous.
"Race and ethnicity are considered separate and distinct identities, with Hispanic or Latino origin asked as a separate question. Thus, in addition to their race or races, all respondents are categorized by membership in one of two ethnic categories, which are "Hispanic or Latino" and "Not Hispanic or Latino". However, the practice of separating "race" and "ethnicity" as different categories has been criticized both by the American Anthropological Association and members of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.[6][7]"
wikipedia is not a credible source, just so you know. lol
GLOOMY DAYS

Encino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Another interesting link re the previous post..

'Genghis Khan has millions of descendants alive today

http://www.examiner.com/article/are-you-desce...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Chief Wiggums wrote:
<quoted text>
Wikipedia is as trustworthy as the accuracy of information it quotes. What of "the race" of Hispanics being WHITE, or that by defintion RACE and ETHNIC ORIGIN are distinct are you disputing?

"Race and ethnicity are considered separate and distinct identities, with Hispanic or Latino origin asked as a separate question. Thus, in addition to their race or races, all respondents are categorized by membership in one of two ethnic categories, which are "Hispanic or Latino" and "Not Hispanic or Latino". However, the practice of separating "race" and "ethnicity" as different categories has been criticized both by the American Anthropological Association and members of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.[6][7]

6)^ "Racial Categorization in the 2010 Census". U.S. Comission of Civil Rights. April 7, 2006. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
7)^ "American Anthropological Association Response to OMB Directive 15:". Race and Ethnic Standards for Federal Statistics and Administrative Reporting. Retrieved 7 December 2012.

“There's no need to fear! ”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
Another interesting link re the previous post..
'Genghis Khan has millions of descendants alive today
http://www.examiner.com/article/are-you-desce...
You have nothing interesting Darwin.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Chief Wiggums wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but are U?

“Concerning children”

Level 8

Since: Nov 09

Cincinnati

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Wikipedia is as trustworthy as the accuracy of information it quotes. What of "the race" of Hispanics being WHITE, or that by defintion RACE and ETHNIC ORIGIN are distinct are you disputing?
"Race and ethnicity are considered separate and distinct identities, with Hispanic or Latino origin asked as a separate question. Thus, in addition to their race or races, all respondents are categorized by membership in one of two ethnic categories, which are "Hispanic or Latino" and "Not Hispanic or Latino". However, the practice of separating "race" and "ethnicity" as different categories has been criticized both by the American Anthropological Association and members of U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.[6][7]
6)^ "Racial Categorization in the 2010 Census". U.S. Comission of Civil Rights. April 7, 2006. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
7)^ "American Anthropological Association Response to OMB Directive 15:". Race and Ethnic Standards for Federal Statistics and Administrative Reporting. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
Sorry, I disagree since anyone can put their 2 cents in and people like you take it as truth... Lol.. but be misguided if you so desire.. Many people who you are trying to impress won't be..
GLOOMY DAYS

Encino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Underdog D 4 Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing interesting Darwin.
Obviously you failed to evolve from the Neanderthal state - Don't your knuckles get sore from dragging on the ground.?

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Spooky Vulgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in charge of all the passes. So far have handed out three.
Top secret things going on behind the scenes.
Spooky things, huh?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
Spooky things, huh?
Yes
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you failed to evolve from the Neanderthal state - Don't your knuckles get sore from dragging on the ground.?
North America isnít ready for climate change, say experts

By JESSICA BRUNO |
Published: Monday, 07/01/2013 12:00 am EDT
Last Updated: Monday, 07/01/2013 1:33 am EDT

<snip>

He Prof Schindler) said Canada has abdicated its role as an environmental leader.

ďIt seems like we no longer want to be a leader, except in having the highest per capita income, or something like that. And the reasons seem pretty silly to me,Ē he said.

Despite the Alberta floods taking such a toll on communities in the Conservative heartland, both scientists said they arenít hopeful the events have sparked a re-evaulation of the governmentís climate policies.

ďIím frankly not that hopeful about Calgary. We have a lot of people down there who still think that the Earth is only 6,000 years old, too. Despite lots of evidence to the contrary. Itís one thing to be misinformed people who can evaluate new evidence, but I think we have a lot of people down there who are straight ideologues,Ē said Prof. Schindler.

http://www.hilltimes.com/news/news/2013/07/01... ít-ready-for-climate-change-sa y-experts/35225?page_requested =3

Perhaps it's time for all government officials to declare if they truly believe PRAYER is the solution to future. disaster mitigation.....starting at the top with Prime Minister Harper. I highly doubt any of the folks who got flooded would appreciate the notion they deserved "god's wrath".
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Chief Wiggums wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I disagree since anyone can put their 2 cents in and people like you take it as truth... Lol.. but be misguided if you so desire.. Many people who you are trying to impress won't be..
The topic was why George Zimmerman's race was listed as WHITE.

Now you have the answer, whether you like it or not......blame FDR who chose to colour code the Hispanic race WHITE. In all fairness, they are as WHITE as many others with European ancestry, including Old World Italians or Frenchmen with dark eyes and dark hair.

“trixie”

Level 2

Since: Sep 08

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you have the answer, whether you like it or not......blame FDR who chose to colour code the Hispanic race WHITE. In all fairness, they are as WHITE as many others with European ancestry, including Old World Italians or Frenchmen with dark eyes and dark hair.
Most Hispanics are mestizos, meaning mixed with Indian blood. Most Hispanics I know and see are brown-skinned. Unless you're talking about Spaniards, you are incorrect. They are generally lighter skinned than the people of Mexico, Central & South America, & the Caribbean islands.

You can talk about the difference between race & ethnicity all you want. I was merely pointing out that the US government requires every student to identify with a particular race or ethnicity. My granddaughters are white & Pacific Islander. They can identify with either category.

“trixie”

Level 2

Since: Sep 08

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman can select the category of 'white' or 'Hispanic'. Why are you trying to make something out of this trivial item?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Hey Marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman can select the category of 'white' or 'Hispanic'. Why are you trying to make something out of this trivial item?
The category for WHAT is "white" or "Hispanic"?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Hey Marce wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason "you" are. We are all bored to death. Apparently.
GLOOMY DAYS

Encino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Hey Marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Hispanics are mestizos, meaning mixed with Indian blood. Most Hispanics I know and see are brown-skinned. Unless you're talking about Spaniards, you are incorrect. They are generally lighter skinned than the people of Mexico, Central & South America, & the Caribbean islands.
You can talk about the difference between race & ethnicity all you want. I was merely pointing out that the US government requires every student to identify with a particular race or ethnicity. My granddaughters are white & Pacific Islander. They can identify with either category.
ITiot does so love to get on the topic of race - a topic she should avoid due to her ignorance on such matters.
How best for her to explain this away - lol!

For example:

" This type is the most common. Lastly, there are the Sicilians with lighter hair, blue/green eyes, and fair complexions, which would come from Norman, northern Italian (i.e. Lombard), or possible French ancestors.

Of course, you can also see Sicilians who look like they could be a mix of two or more of the above combinations. For example, I've seen redheaded Sicilians who tanned well and had classically Greco-Roman features. Likewise, I've seen dark-haired green-eyed Sicilians with Semitic features, and so on and so forth.

As someone with both Sicilian and northern Italian (Florentine) ancestors, I know quite a bit about the variety of looks one sees among Italians. My Florentine maternal great-grandmother was blond, blue-eyed, and with sharp facial features so commonly seen in Italians. Contrarily, my father is 100% Sicilian and my relatives on his side range from blond and blue-/green-eyed to Semitic-looking. Indeed a few of my Sicilian relatives would not look out of place at all in Tunisia or some other North African/Middle Eastern country. My father has a Roman profile, with straight black hair, light olive complexion, and hazel eyes. At 6'1" he's also rather tall for a full-blooded Sicilian so maybe that's some Norman (i.e. ultimately Viking) ancestry coming through.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_are_Romans_blon...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Underdog D 4 Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason "you" are. We are all bored to death. Apparently.
I went outside and I melted. It's like 90 degrees ( 30 C) in the shade so I'm waiting for it to cool down. I know that's not hot to some but I declare that temperature feels way hotter than the same near the ocean....we've no breeze with low humidity. I'm not complaining, just patiently waiting......

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I went outside and I melted. It's like 90 degrees ( 30 C) in the shade so I'm waiting for it to cool down. I know that's not hot to some but I declare that temperature feels way hotter than the same near the ocean....we've no breeze with low humidity. I'm not complaining, just patiently waiting......
So like I said, we are all bored to death so we come here to argue with other bored to death people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,301 - 25,320 of25,694
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,036,765
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 15 min Murph 70,236
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min Welp 43,164
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr HELL ON EARTH 478,518
Buy us fake passport,fake drivers license (Jun '13) 4 hr John Kenney 12
Review: Clear Sky Financial LLC 6 hr Jonathan Fields 2
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 11,859
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••