Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#26984 Jun 23, 2013
White Girl Problems wrote:
Don't worry, T-Rex. There's a phony White Girl posting from Sugarland, Tx.
She/he must be my stunt double. Take it away, Sugarland, TX White Girl.
Try posting from River Oaks or Highland Parks or somewhere $$$ in Austin.
Sugarland isn't it.
Too bad they're just as insulting as the Spring, Texas fool.
Level 4

Since: Apr 11

Toronto Canada

#26985 Jun 23, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see you back.
Thanks Spooky. Hope you are well. Thanks to all of you who continued to send positive thoughts and messages and lurve lol. The chemo IS harder than the cancer on the bod. Keep sending those good thoughts please for the feeling in my hands, feet, and tongue to return SOON AS lol! Thanks again.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#26986 Jun 23, 2013
welfarestate wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Spooky. Hope you are well. Thanks to all of you who continued to send positive thoughts and messages and lurve lol. The chemo IS harder than the cancer on the bod. Keep sending those good thoughts please for the feeling in my hands, feet, and tongue to return SOON AS lol! Thanks again.
I know, a friend just went through the same thing. Hang tough.

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Cherry Hill, NJ

#26987 Jun 23, 2013
welfarestate wrote:
<quoted text>
I just went through some chemo myself, Hang in there... I am now in remission and Bald as a babies butt. There is a God thank goodness!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#26988 Jun 23, 2013
Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret Review: Where Are the Secrets?
by Free Britney at June 23, 2013 7:36 am.

<snip>

Tania Raymonde (Alex from Lost) does a nice job of portraying Jodi's humanity, even as her behavior deteriorates and ultimately turns sociopathic.

By and large, Tania sells us on all of the romance, sex, obsession, betrayal and vengeance one would expect in a made-for TV film of this nature.

She also bears a remarkable likeness to Jodi, which helps.

As for Travis, he's played by Jesse Lee Soffer in a way that surely won't leave the family and friends of the real Alexander sending thank you notes.

He's conflicted by his desire to screw Arias on one hand, and his lack of willingness to commit to a real relationship on the other hand. That's about it.

Even when she becomes increasingly erratic and regresses to the point where he should run away scared, he can't resist the pleasures she provides.

He does not come across as a very deep thinker, and trouble brews when Jodi starts to realize she's playing something of a time-passing role.

She's love struck, but to her, she's a booty call and nothing more. When he makes this abundantly clear at last, Jodi snaps, and the rest is history.

If only we'd gotten to see the best parts unfold.

- See more at: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/06/jod...

I disagree that the movie didn't portray Travis well -- given the script was limited to factual trial evidence including photos, the movie enhanced his image with far more clarity than the prosecution's theory presented in the courtroom.

I'd expect anyone "who believes" could compare it to Adam taking a bite from the apple -- monster Jodi was bound and determined to go to any length to "own" Travis and in the face of th blossoming relationship with Katie, it was a case of "if she couldn't have him, nobody could."

Travis was "weak".....the still missing piece IMO is why Travis was unable to seek strength from his Mormon religion.

Level 2

Cherry Hill, NJ

#26989 Jun 23, 2013
welfarestate wrote:
<quoted text>
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#26991 Jun 23, 2013
Princess Hal wrote:
<quoted text>
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
"A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in."

- Frederick The Great
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#26992 Jun 23, 2013
The Lifetime movie was so-so.
What did you think about what caused the breakup between Jodi and Travis.......her fling with e guy from the bar for the sole purpose of sending provocative photos to Travis, wrongly presuming he'd become jealous, because jealousy is the emotion which drove her? Instead the results were the opposite (sort of backwards).

In a general way, I thought it very well illustrates how psychopaths blindly assume others will be motivated by exactly what drives their own diabolical thoughts and actions. Jealousy, or also greed would be another common example.........

Level 2

Cherry Hill, NJ

#26993 Jun 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
"A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in."
- Frederick The Great
It is better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#26995 Jun 23, 2013
Princess Hal wrote:
<quoted text>
It is better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
What's that supposed to mean? Unless one is intentionally writing "for the public" what they know is fabricated and false information, the two should be close to being one and the same.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#26996 Jun 23, 2013
Her grandma told her she usually dated jerks and brought up Bobby Juarez and Darryl Brewer. If she brought up Matt, I didn't catch it. I think Jodi's behavior went way beyond picking up one guy in a bar and having a steamy photo shoot.
The character portrayed by Raymunde only scratched the surface of Jodi's mental health problems. I quit watching at some point. Did they even delve into Dr. Demarte's assessment of Jodi? The parts of the movie I watched were lame at best. Someone else told me that the sequence in the movie was stabbing in the back and then stabbing randomly, Travis going to the sink and then crawling to the entrance of the bedroom where she cut his throat, dragged him back to the shower and shot him. She and Zimmerman should get together. Maybe they would cancel each other out with their 9 mm. and do the world a favor.
You raise my point - compared to previous (still alive) boyfriends, clearly Travis's rejection of Jodi was what triggered the jealousy motive....."if she couldn't have him, nobody else could either". That the " Katie" character was entirely missing from the trial, was a gapping hole IMO.

I still have the last 45 minutes to watch, but only 15 minutes focus on the trial. But you suggesting Dr DeM's "borderline personality disorder" assessment of Jodi is accurate or not?

Level 2

Cherry Hill, NJ

#26997 Jun 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that supposed to mean? Unless one is intentionally writing "for the public" what they know is fabricated and false information, the two should be close to being one and the same.
To become a butterfly, you must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#26998 Jun 23, 2013
Princess Hal wrote:
<quoted text>
To become a butterfly, you must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.
Really? Caterpillars become butterflies because they "want to so much"?

You probably saw pics of the cat Momo courageously swimming to safety from the flooded truck ahead of her keeper, using her tail like a rudder. Let's see a human who does not know how to swim jump into raging waters and save themselves because they "want to so much".
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#26999 Jun 23, 2013
Has BIP the Clown figured out the meaning to this saying yet?........

"You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27000 Jun 23, 2013
OT

I wonder if a flood risk catagory will be added next year to the Money Sense survey?

Canada Best Places To Live Ranked In MoneySense Magazine's 2013 List (PHOTOS)
The Huffington Post Canada | Posted: 03/20/2013 11:02 am EDT | Updated: 03/20/2013 2:11 pm EDT

Move over Ottawa. Calgary is now the best place to live in Canada, according to an annual list by MoneySense magazine.

The Alberta city bumped Canada’s capital, which had earned first place three times previously. The list ranked 200 cities based on variables such as housing prices, crime, household income, weather, employment, amenities, culture and more. Calgary was ranked first in part thanks to its “abundance of jobs fuelled by the boom in the energy sector.”

MoneySense editor Jonathan Chevreau said Calgary’s climb indicated “how well the West did overall in the rankings.”

Alberta cities dominated the top 10 with five entries, while Ontario had four.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/03/20/canad...

"Alberta cities dominated the top 10 with five entries, while Ontario had four."

Ontario's population is appx 13.5 million, Alberta's is less than 4 million.

Pump, pump, pump out that foreign-owned oil!
GLOOMY DAYS

Newport Beach, CA

#27001 Jun 23, 2013
Again NOT to make light of the plight of the residents of Calgary BUT quite frankly I think it pales in comparison to the damage done by Sandy.

Yet there were those on this thread who mocked and taunted those affected by this disaster.

Unfortunately most States affected by Sandy did NOT receive Foreign Aid.

Were Flood Alerts issued to the residents of Calgary .

50 dramatic images of destruction caused by superstorm and hurricane Sandy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegaller...
GLOOMY DAYS

Newport Beach, CA

#27002 Jun 23, 2013
'Move over Ottawa. Calgary is now the best place to live in Canada, according to an annual list by MoneySense magazine'
This may well be due to the Foreign Oil in that
province. Perhaps this company is one of the culprits. Strange how they are allowed to discriminate against residents of Calgary seeking employment...

'This Business is not BBB Accredited
CNRL Oil Company Canada(Foreign Workers Only)'
GLOOMY DAYS

Newport Beach, CA

#27003 Jun 23, 2013
O Lawdy - Land Sakes Alive !

I had no idea The HoJo movie was on last night -

Howcome Rambler failed to become obsessed and post the info.

DRAT !!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#27004 Jun 23, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
'Move over Ottawa. Calgary is now the best place to live in Canada, according to an annual list by MoneySense magazine'
This may well be due to the Foreign Oil in that
province. Perhaps this company is one of the culprits. Strange how they are allowed to discriminate against residents of Calgary seeking employment...
'This Business is not BBB Accredited
CNRL Oil Company Canada(Foreign Workers Only)'
For many "locals" discussion of various levels of government promoted creativity has become a pastime.

Using an example of Money Sense magazine, when total precipitation (snow and rain) and average temperature were categories, the rank of Alberta towns and cities was totally the pits. Then the survey was changed to include "rain" only, days with temperature above 0 degrees, and biking to work....LOL. Let's overlook the fact we have six months or more months of winter however the temperature does occasionally rise to 1 or 2 degrees above zero, factor out the amount of snow entirely and build bike paths on the roads just in case they can be used for a handful of days in the short summer.(Municipalities reducing roads and street parking to allow for bike paths is a highly controversial issue, mostly because of climate conditions, the practical fact is use is minimal.)

Another example is our Canadian pride of ownership has been totally flipped. Only a couple of decades ago the whole of Canada scoffed at foreign ownership on the premise that revenue earned by Canadian companies benefited Canada, by staying in Canada -- now the current buzz is that as a country we cannot thrive without (foreign) INVESTMENT! The word "investment" in itself is linked to the illusion of wealth.....as the country gets bought out. But it's supposed to recognized as desirable......investment is always good, right!
Watched the movie

West Palm Beach, FL

#27005 Jun 23, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
O Lawdy - Land Sakes Alive !
I had no idea The HoJo movie was on last night -
Howcome Rambler failed to become obsessed and post the info.
DRAT !!
It SUCKED!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min TSM 1,110,162
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Earthling-1 46,653
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 13 min AN other 487,449
Orlando shouldn't be part of the US 31 min Fact 1
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 11,943
One Word (Jul '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,822
two words (Jul '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 26,891
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE